PDA

View Full Version : Basketball from the perspective of Wembanyama.

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 12:21 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasedMealyDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComposedNauticalGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Relative to a normal human it’s like playing on an 8’6’ or so rim. But most people that size can’t move like a normal sized person. For someone to be that size and fairly normal mobility wise? It really must be easy mode.

And yes I’m hating.

90sgoat
01-28-2023, 05:07 AM
Lol this is like being a full grown adult and playing with kids aged 11-12 on a low hoop.

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 09:22 AM
Give or take an inch it’s about like George Clooney vs Danny Devito on 8’6” rims

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2301281850510360.jpeg

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 09:27 AM
Almost makes you feel like athletic people near that size should be even better. The way he shoots it feels like one of us on one of the little shooting arcade games. And guys that size still miss layups guarded by people who breed a running start to get their hands up to his standing reach.

It’s possible we overstate the situation when we say some big guys have guard skills. If somebody that size had the skill of an NBA guard, it feels like they would almost never miss around the basket.

How could you stop Kyrie if all the opponents were like 4’11” and he could touch the basket on his toes?

Full Court
01-28-2023, 10:12 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasedMealyDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComposedNauticalGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Relative to a normal human it’s like playing on an 8’6’ or so rim. But most people that size can’t move like a normal sized person. For someone to be that size and fairly normal mobility wise? It really must be easy mode.

And yes I’m hating.

I think there's a kicked ball violation somewhere in there.

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 10:14 AM
I think there's a kicked ball violation somewhere in there.

The game has evolved old head. Go back to 92.

Full Court
01-28-2023, 10:17 AM

:roll:

j3lademaster
01-28-2023, 01:45 PM
https://youtube.com/shorts/d0jTtHMj1Ho?feature=share

How much do you think it validates Harden here? Obviously it takes a bit more because… why can’t a 7’ long super athlete like Javale dominate? But I guess the fact that he was able to carve out a decent career speaks for itself.

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 03:38 PM
Hardens thing kinda ignores his own status. Only 5% of people in America are even above 6’3”. Worldwide? That percentage drops because of Asia and South America. I bet you have like a 1-2 in 100 chance of being the size Harden is much less his size with normal person mobility. To be 6’11” like Giannis it’s certainly less likely but there are like 3000 people taller and maybe…2 can move like him? That we know of at least. I’m sure there are a few more giant people the “first” world doesn’t know about but scouts go looking these days. They literally find tall children in villages in Africa.

Giannis is a freak for his coordination at his size. He wouldn’t be in the league with normal human athletic ability but neither would harden. If you think not you need to watch final season Kobe who was as skilled as anyone(you know Kobe didn’t stop working…wasn’t built like that). All those skills at 1 in 100 size and still in better shape than most people by a mile.

How did he do?

2016 Kobe was a far better than average human physically and could barely play on this level at times despite all time elite skills. You think Harden with average physical attributes makes it? You really considering how bad average is?

We understate the athletic ability of even the unathletic players. Have you see what Steve Nash looks like playing soccer or something with normal humans?

Make Giannis or Harden a truly average athlete they’re both out of the league. Just wait till harden is 41. He will still be bigger and more athletic than most humans. But he won’t be nba good because all that “knowing how to play” doesn’t matter as much as his physical ability we just disregard because he’s next to even greater super humans.

He and Giannis both hit the genetic lottery but guys like Wembyana and Ralph Sampson? They’re probably as far beyond a normal 7 footer as a 7 footer is beyond a 6’6” type far as likelihood to exist.

7’3” with an 8 foot wingspan and can run and dribble around people?

If there have been 10 in human history Id be shocked. There have been tens of thousands of 7 footers.

There’s lots of 6’11” athletes relatively speaking. You get up to those giant heights? The drop off has to be precipitous.

How many could there really be? Tall and long yes. Tall and long and moving like nba wings?

Maybe there are way more than I think from Manute Bols “tribe”. They say his grandfather was bigger than him and we see Bol Bol who is another freak.

Maybe they’re hiding in Africa.

eliteballer
01-28-2023, 04:52 PM
Hardens thing kinda ignores his own status. Only 5% of people in America are even above 6’3”. Worldwide? That percentage drops because of Asia and South America. I bet you have like a 1-2 in 100 chance of being the size Harden is much less his size with normal person mobility. To be 6’11” like Giannis it’s certainly less likely but there are like 3000 people taller and maybe…2 can move like him? That we know of at least. I’m sure there are a few more giant people the “first” world doesn’t know about but scouts go looking these days. They literally find tall children in villages in Africa.

Giannis is a freak for his coordination at his size. He wouldn’t be in the league with normal human athletic ability but neither would harden. If you think not you need to watch final season Kobe who was as skilled as anyone(you know Kobe didn’t stop working…wasn’t built like that). All those skills at 1 in 100 size and still in better shape than most people by a mile.

How did he do?

2016 Kobe was a far better than average human physically and could barely play on this level at times despite all time elite skills. You think Harden with average physical attributes makes it? You really considering how bad average is?

We understate the athletic ability of even the unathletic players. Have you see what Steve Nash looks like playing soccer or something with normal humans?

Make Giannis or Harden a truly average athlete they’re both out of the league. Just wait till harden is 41. He will still be bigger and more athletic than most humans. But he won’t be nba good because all that “knowing how to play” doesn’t matter as much as his physical ability we just disregard because he’s next to even greater super humans.

He and Giannis both hit the genetic lottery but guys like Wembyana and Ralph Sampson? They’re probably as far beyond a normal 7 footer as a 7 footer is beyond a 6’6” type far as likelihood to exist.

7’3” with an 8 foot wingspan and can run and dribble around people?

If there have been 10 in human history Id be shocked. There have been tens of thousands of 7 footers.

There’s lots of 6’11” athletes relatively speaking. You get up to those giant heights? The drop off has to be precipitous.

How many could there really be? Tall and long yes. Tall and long and moving like nba wings?

Maybe there are way more than I think from Manute Bols “tribe”. They say his grandfather was bigger than him and we see Bol Bol who is another freak.

Maybe they’re hiding in Africa.

Sampson wasn't really 7-4, he's the same height as Kareem.

Axe
01-28-2023, 04:54 PM
:oldlol:

Kblaze8855
01-28-2023, 05:00 PM
Sampson wasn't really 7-4, he's the same height as Kareem.

You’ve literally been repeating this for 18-20 years now.

Kareem barefoot was 7’1” and 7/8ths. Essentially 7’2”. Someone Kareems height when measured in shoes would be about 7’4”. It’s not worth a whole thing.