PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie is deeply insecure about not being a true impact player

PANTHALASSA
02-03-2023, 03:29 PM
The subtext to this trade request is that Brooklyn has dropped to 4-7 without Durant after they were absolutely rolling when KD was healthy.

Kyrie is being exposed brutally as a way less valuable player than he desperately wants to be known as. It was like this in Cleveland before Lebron, and then Lebron carried him and his ego drove him to go prove himself as the guy again. But in Boston he realized he would fail and had an ELECTIVE surgery just before the playoffs in his first season there. The second year they did nothing with him despite a promising team and he bolted to the Nets to avoid the expectations of leadership and to ride KD’s coattails the way he rode Lebron’s.

Problem is KD is out a lot and it leaves Kyrie open to being continually exposed as a razzle dazzle playground baller with very little impact on winning NBA games.

And he knows it. And he’s such a pretentious guy (would anyone like a sage spritz?) he wants to keep up his image of being some amazing elite player, he’ll go ride Lebron’s coattails again or he’ll go to a worse situation where he has an excuse ready-made. The only thing he WONT do is battle and compete in a situation where there are expectations on him to get a team over the hump.

He’s not a competitor. He’s a coward.

1987_Lakers
02-03-2023, 03:35 PM
I believe it has something to do with the owner. Owner is the reason why what Kyrie posted on twitter promoting that film blew up. Don't think he ever forgave him. Kyrie just let a couple of months go by so things could cool down and demand a trade.

That's my theory at least.

ArbitraryWater
02-03-2023, 03:39 PM
I believe it has something to do with the owner. Owner is the reason why what Kyrie posted on twitter promoting that film blew up. Don't think he ever forgave him. Kyrie just let a couple of months go by so things could cool down and demand a trade.

oh, now that would make sense indeed.

PANTHALASSA
02-03-2023, 03:48 PM

Unless he has a deal in place with LAL already theres no way he can assume someone will pay him, especially not now. Nets were one of the very few teams he MIGHT get a deal from if this season went well. Now even theyre off the list. I dont think he’d do this just to spite the owner.

His entire history suggests he’s running because he’s afraid of living up to the grandiose image he creates of himself.

He CANT WIN GAMES without Lebron or KD. So he wants to either play with Lebron whose health is more dependable, or go to a team with no expectations so he has an excuse.

He ran from Boston and he’s running from Brooklyn for the same reason. Durant is hurt and Kyrie is being exposed every single game as a guy who needs to be carried. He’s not a difference maker, he’s not a winner. The fact it’s being confirmed publicly in real time has him absolutely shook.

Hélà

Overdrive
02-03-2023, 04:10 PM

Kyrie will have problems with any owner. He acts like he's treated like a alave by the NBA while earning hundreds of millions to play fn basketball. You think it woild turn out better if he went to LA and had a white owner?

Im Still Ballin
02-03-2023, 04:15 PM
LeFather is the only one who understands him. He has the right personality to manage Kyrie.

PANTHALASSA
02-03-2023, 04:20 PM
LeFather is the only one who understands him. He has the right personality to manage Kyrie.

I agree with you, Im Still Ballin.

I'm just not sure if this time it's worth the risk.

SouBeachTalents
02-03-2023, 04:50 PM
I agree with you, Im Still Ballin.

I'm just not sure if this time it's worth the risk.
The only teams that make sense to go after Kyrie are the Lakers and maybe the Mavs. If LeBron were even 3 years younger I'd say it's too risky due to all the baggage Kyrie brings, but with LeBron now approaching 40, you might as well give yourself the best possible chance to win in the limited window you have left. AD being made of glass also makes this more of a risk they should be willing to take.

Though I guess on second thought going to the Mavs wouldn't alleviate him of the situation outlined in your OP :lol It's a tough spot to be in, having 2nd option impact but being unwilling to play the role.

PANTHALASSA
02-03-2023, 04:55 PM
The only teams that make sense to go after Kyrie are the Lakers and maybe the Mavs. If LeBron were even 3 years younger I'd say it's too risky due to all the baggage Kyrie brings, but with LeBron now approaching 40, you might as well give yourself the best possible chance to win in the limited window you have left. AD being made of glass also makes this more of a risk they should be willing to take.

Though I guess on second thought going to the Mavs wouldn't alleviate him of the situation outlined in your OP :lol It's a tough spot to be in, having 2nd option impact but being unwilling to play that role.

Zero chance Kyrie would go to the Mavs.

Jewish owner and he'd be second fiddle to a white player.

Not even joking, I think he would refuse them on those grounds alone. The owner thing he might be willing to compromise on since it's kinda hard to avoid, but I guarantee he would NEVER play with Luka. If the Mavs trade for him he'd almost certainly sabotage them on purpose.

Dude's issues run really deep.

ArbitraryWater
02-03-2023, 05:02 PM
Kyrie would pout on the Mavs like Rondo did back in 2013.

No thx

Street Hunger
02-03-2023, 11:48 PM
Kyrie is deeply insecure about being challenged in any way at all.

Full Court
02-04-2023, 09:38 AM
All of you guys are speculating about something you have absolutely no idea about.

ArbitraryWater
02-04-2023, 10:03 AM
All of you guys are speculating about something you have absolutely no idea about.

thats why its called speculation

Lebron23
02-04-2023, 10:38 AM

You also do the same thing in evert LeBron Thread.