PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Kyrie traded to the Mavs for Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, and picks.

Keno
02-05-2023, 04:04 PM
Welp. There goes lakers chances with Westbrook still on team

BREAKING: The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks for Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith, a first-round and multiple second-round picks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1622324668047794177?s=46&t=BCZ4YHUolJKllITzFzxGFw

dazzer87
02-05-2023, 04:05 PM
Damn…….

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:06 PM
Sauce?

dazzer87
Westbrook stuck with Lakers….:roll:

Wardell Curry
I will reserve judgement until we see the product on the court but my gut says Kyrie has this pro black thing going on in a big way and I'm interested to see how that works with Luka.

Sauce?

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1622324668047794177

Ghost1
02-05-2023, 04:07 PM
https://nbaanalysis.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/This-Mavs-Nets-Trade-Pairs-Kyrie-Irving.-Luka-Doncic-678x381.jpg

highwhey
02-05-2023, 04:08 PM
Interesting trade. I wonder how long Luka will put up with Kyrie before he acts out like a child to get him shipped away.

ImKobe
02-05-2023, 04:12 PM
Mavs didn't give up too much to get him and Nets got a quality return at least in the short term. Good trade for both teams.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 04:12 PM
Nets win BIG!!!

LUKA GETS HELP!

WOW!!!!!!

BLOCKBUSTER!!!!!

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 04:13 PM
Mavs didn't give up too much to get him and Nets got a quality return at least in the short term. Good trade for both teams.

Agreed!

Solid trade for both teams!

KNOW1EDGE
02-05-2023, 04:13 PM
https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4MTkzMDAzMTc2NTM1OTY1/201505242239815441716.jpg

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:14 PM
I dont get the logic whatsoever, unless the Mavs are just using this to dump salary.

Kyrie:

1) Cant play defense
2) Needs the ball on offense
3) Terribly immature
4) Massively resents white people

So you pair him with a guy who:

1) Is white
2) Has the highest usage in the league
3) Is average at best defensively
4) Is also terribly immature

If the Mavs make the finals with this pairing I'll be the first to eat my words. But every shred of logic points to this being the dumbest possible pairing to put together.

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:15 PM
That said, it's a great trade for the Nets. They get a decent haul that probably makes them better than they were with Kyrie.

And it's not a BAD trade for the Mavs. They're not gonna really miss what they gave up, Dinwiddie doesnt fit great with Luka and theyre crowded at DFS' position. So they shed some salary and get to see what happens with REEEEEE for a year.

But I'm personally not expecting it to actually work.

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Irving won’t be able to co-exist with Luka. He’s too egotistical. Same reason he left LeBron.

Wardell Curry
02-05-2023, 04:17 PM
But every shred of logic points to this being the dumbest possible pairing to put together.

Almost as bad a fit as LeBron and Westbrook.

I agree with your points.

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 04:19 PM
Nets won this trade by a landslide. They get rid of headcase Kyrie for a better player in Dinwiddle and two picks. Finney Smith also adds more depth to their lineup :applause:

Durant will be pleased.

Axe
02-05-2023, 04:20 PM
Poor clippers. Didn't get the pg they badly wanted. :lol

Kblaze8855
02-05-2023, 04:21 PM
Well if nothing else it’s gonna be interesting. That basketball about to take a whipping.

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:21 PM
I will reserve judgement until we see the product on the court but my gut says Kyrie has this pro black thing going on in a big way and I'm interested to see how that works with Luka.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1622324668047794177

Yeah, the big question is if the Mavs intend to extend him. I assume they will wait until the end of the season to decide, and hopefully have already decided low key that they wont. If they extend him before the season is over they are officially the dumbest front office in league HISTORY.

Kyrie, if he doesnt want to kiss literally hundreds of millions of dollars goodbye, HAS to give his best honest effort to win. So he's in a very tough spot. Because he resented helping LEBRON get "the guy" credit for their success in Cleveland. Now he's gotta help a white guy get that same credit, but if he doesnt he's never gonna get paid again.

Quite a position to be in :lol

1987_Lakers
02-05-2023, 04:22 PM
That said, it's a great trade for the Nets. They get a decent haul that probably makes them better than they were with Kyrie.

And it's not a BAD trade for the Mavs. They're not gonna really miss what they gave up, Dinwiddie doesnt fit great with Luka and theyre crowded at DFS' position. So they shed some salary and get to see what happens with REEEEEE for a year.

But I'm personally not expecting it to actually work.

No win for the Nets. With Kyrie leaving, most likely KD is on his way out too since he demanded a trade not too long ago. They will go back to being bottom feeders very soon.

We have to wait and see if it works out for the Mavs, but I admire Cuban's ballsy move. This could work.

Meticode
02-05-2023, 04:22 PM
Interesting trade. I wonder how long Luka will put up with Kyrie before he acts out like a child to get him shipped away.

Kyrie will be there the rest of the season then leave is my guess.

Meticode
02-05-2023, 04:24 PM
Nets won this trade by a landslide. They get rid of headcase Kyrie for a better player in Dinwiddle and two picks. Finney Smith also adds more depth to their lineup :applause:

Durant will be pleased.

He'll probably change his mind a third time and request a trade too because not even he knows what he wants to do.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 04:25 PM
too much, because Kyrie is a bad fit. Shit doesnt make sense.

I like that hes not on the lakers though.

Still absoutely bamboozled as to why or how Kyrie would prefer this situation.

Hes still 2nd fidde, but now to a white guy and to Doncic who he is surely more unfamiliar with than KD, and less chance of a title.

FultzNationRISE
No win for the Nets. With Kyrie leaving, most likely KD is on his way out too since he demanded a trade not too long ago. They will go back to being bottom feeders very soon.

We have to wait and see if it works out for the Mavs, but I admire Cuban's ballsy move. This could work.

I'm not so sure. The Nets have been a pretty good team when KD is healthy. He seems to like the coach. And they're probably even better after this trade.

I'm not sure what there is for him to be unhappy about at this point. The Nets also have no impetus to trade him, because he's already signed for a few more years. He cant just leave in the offseason for nothing.

n00bie
Luka and Kyrie.. can't imagine this working out.

tontoz
02-05-2023, 04:26 PM
Wow the Mavs gave up all that for a Ufa who is also nuts?

Finney-smith was Luka's favorite player on the team. I can't imagine kyrie being happy playing with Luka.

Lots of drama if nothing else but a potential franchise busting move for the Mavs.

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Luka and Kyrie.

Wow.

Axe
02-05-2023, 04:28 PM

Durant will be pleased.
Dinwiddie used to be play for the nets before fyi

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:29 PM
too much, because Kyrie is a bad fit. Shit doesnt make sense.

I like that hes not on the lakers though.

Still absoutely bamboozled as to why or how Kyrie would prefer this situation.

Hes still 2nd fidde, but now to a white guy and to Doncic who he is surely more unfamiliar with than KD, and less chance of a title.

Well the reports said he didnt ask for anywhere specific, so there's no telling if he prefers this situation (I highly doubt he does). I think he just knew the Nets wouldnt re-sign him regardless and wanted to get on a new team now so he can be signed for a max via bird rights in the offseason. If he goes into the offseason as a free agent and the Nets dont extend him, there may not be any teams with cap room to sign him to the money he wants. He's hoping whoever trades for him will extend him.

bladefd
02-05-2023, 04:29 PM

Finney-smith was Luka's favorite player on the team. I can't imagine kyrie being happy playing with Luka.

Lots of drama if nothing else but a potential franchise busting move for the Mavs.

Mavs are going to give Kyrie the 4yr max. Lakers were unwilling to give 4yr max so that trade died

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Kyrie off to one of the whitest states in America. Better be careful with his words they got guns over there

Kblaze8855
02-05-2023, 04:31 PM
I would like for some of the people who doubt it will work to tell me exactly what that means to them. How do you define not working out for a team that was already not going to win? What’s the worst case scenario? They lose extra hard?

Luka is locked up. Kyrie either signs back or he doesn’t…but where does that leave you if not?

Is a 7seed that loses much worse than a 5?

Or being in the play in if he walks?

What do you fear the mavs could lose by swinging for the fences like this?

It’s entirely possible this is the best player Luka is going to play with his entire career. Plenty of all time great never had a Kyrie even as a test drive. What are they risking to find out how it looks?

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:32 PM

Ehh, that was like two years ago, and I think he was optimistically projecting what kind of player DFS might turn into.

In reality he didnt really improve much, and it's clear he's not gonna be some Scottie Pippen reincarnate. He's really just a guy. Pretty replaceable.

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2023, 04:32 PM
I like this trade for Dallas. This is to convince Luka to stay.

Axe
02-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Funny how he got selected to play in the 2023 asg. But now, he'll be playing for a western team after it. :lol

Soundwave
Durant back to Golden State

for

Draymond
Wiseman
Kuminga

Don't think he is going to want to stay in Brooklyn without another "star" to play with.

AlternativeAcc.
Kyrie off to one of the whitest states in America. Better be careful with his words they got guns over there

It's in the bottom half of % of whites.

So no

Wardell Curry
02-05-2023, 04:34 PM
It’s entirely possible this is the best player Luka is going to play with his entire career.

Unless the owners swing some type of new contractual player obligations within the upcoming CBA, I am not so sure this is true. It might have been true of players in generations past, but it is a new era and players do not stay on teams if they don't want to and they decide to prioritize winning.

Mask the Embiid
https://i.postimg.cc/5NkJXWss/86-A3-BACB-6187-4045-B606-4-A712-B58-B320.jpg

How long til he runs Kyrie off the team….stay tuned

Axe
Durant back to Golden State

for

Draymond
Wiseman
Kuminga

Don't think he is going to want to stay in Brooklyn without another "star" to play with.
Sounds lame.

1987_Lakers
I'm not so sure. The Nets have been a pretty good team when KD is healthy. He seems to like the coach. And they're probably even better after this trade.

I'm not sure what there is for him to be unhappy about at this point. The Nets also have no impetus to trade him, because he's already signed for a few more years. He cant just leave in the offseason for nothing.

I understand Kyire is incapable of leading a team as a #1 option, but you can't replace his talent with Dinwiddie and expect to be a better team. No matter how you slice it, on the court the Nets got worse, they were basically forced to trade Kyrie. They will most likely still be a decent team, but as championship contenders that are most likely done.

KNOW1EDGE

Durant will be pleased.

There is absolutely no world in the multiverse where Spencer Dinwiddie is better at basketball than Kyrie Irving.

I get that Kyrie has his issues, and this is certainly a good trade for the Nets, but he is a top 5 pg still. Dinwiddie is not.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 04:35 PM
I think it'll work for the Mavs because I believe in Luka.

Lebron/Kyrie worked and should've won multiple rings.

This definitely makes them a legit threat in the west. No doubt about it.

Kblaze8855
02-05-2023, 04:36 PM
Funny how he got selected to play in the 2023 asg. But now, he'll be playing for a western team after it. :lol

No East and west anymore. Lebron and I think Giannis pick teams like pickup ball like an hour before tipoff this year. They’re gonna televise it from the event.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 04:36 PM
Spencer and DFS have to be gutted.

They loved it in Dallas.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 04:37 PM

Err, pretty sure you got your info wrong on that, lol. Texas is one of the least white states in the US actually (it's one of the 6 states where there are more people of color than white people, alongside Hawaii, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Maryland).

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:38 PM
I would like for some of the people who doubt it will work to tell me exactly what that means to them. How do you define not working out for a team that was already not going to win? What’s the worst case scenario? They lose extra hard?

Luka is locked up. Kyrie either signs back or he doesn’t…but where does that leave you if not?

It’s entirely possible this is the best player Luka is going to play with his entire career. Plenty of all time great never had a Kyrie even as a test drive. What are they risking to find out how it looks?

It's "not going to work" in the sense they obviously made the trade for the reason of expecting it to take them farther than they otherwise would have. They didnt just make it for no reason. They made it with an expectation of an improved result.

And thus... it's not going to work.

But as I said, long term it's not a bad trade ASSUMING they dont re-sign Kyrie. If they max him, it becomes the worst trade of all time, and the friends and family of Dallas front office personnel need to give serious consideration to having these people committed to an insane asylum.

If they take a free roll on Kyrie this year and then simply move on, it's perfectly reasonable. But they're going to say at the press conference they expect this to make the team legitimate contenders this year. And by that standard this is very probably... not going to work.

AlternativeAcc.
I understand Kyire is incapable of leading a team as a #1 option, but you can't replace his talent with Dinwiddie and expect to be a better team. No matter how you slice it, on the court the Nets got worse, they were basically forced to trade Kyrie. They will most likely still be a decent team, but as championship contenders that are most likely done.

I kinda like Durant/Simmons + a bunch of quality shooters and a defensive center. I think it works. If healthy I think they're genuinely better. They're still a title contender, even moreso imo.

1987_Lakers
I like this trade for Dallas. This is to convince Luka to stay.

It's worth the gamble. There are some concerns with the fit, both Luka & Kyrie don't play defense, both need the ball in their hands, but Kyrie had success playing with LeBron so we will see how it goes. For all his headaches, Kyrie is still a top 15-20 player.

PP34Deuce
02-05-2023, 04:39 PM
It makes perfect sense for both sides. Lakers fans were never getting kyrie.

Nets opted for more picks and familiar player who can contribute. This also means Durant is staying pat.

Dallas got a star guard who wants a huge contract and will be auditioning and on his best behavior.

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2023, 04:40 PM
It's worth the gamble. There are some concerns with the fit, both Luka & Kyrie don't play defense, both need the ball in their hands, but Kyrie had success playing with LeBron so we will see how it goes. For all his headaches, Kyrie is still a top 15-20 player.

Agreed. He'll probably only play 40-60 games per year. I'm fine with that as long as Luka can carry them to the playoffs. As long as Kyrie's there for the postseason.

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:42 PM
It's in the bottom half of % of whites.

So no

This.

Dallas has a huge black population.

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 04:42 PM

They risk bad locker room issues and a nutcase in the media for the rest of the year.

jayfan
02-05-2023, 04:43 PM
Luka and Kyrie.. can't imagine this working out.

Not in a million years.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 04:44 PM
It makes perfect sense for both sides. Lakers fans were never getting kyrie.

Nets opted for more picks and familiar player who can contribute. This also means Durant is staying pat.

Dallas got a star guard who wants a huge contract and will be auditioning and on his best behavior.

Don't think Durant is staying. He'll probably stay for the year and then demand a trade out again in the summer, maybe more quietly this time.

Durant wants to play with other stars, not the Dinwiddies of the world and a version of Simmons that never shoots the ball. That's not what he signed up for. I doubt he is with the Nets much longer.

Brooklyn screwed up choosing Kyrie over Harden, should've kept Harden and traded Kyrie back when that was an option.

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 04:44 PM
There is absolutely no world in the multiverse where Spencer Dinwiddie is better at basketball than Kyrie Irving.

I get that Kyrie has his issues, and this is certainly a good trade for the Nets, but he is a top 5 pg still. Dinwiddie is not.

He is if you factor in defense and being a good teamplayer

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:45 PM
You also have to wonder how much Kyrie will respect Jason Kidd.

Kidd is mixed, but with this head shaved he tends to look more on the white side.

Kyrie might rebel at that.

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2023, 04:46 PM
You also have to wonder how much Kyrie will respect Jason Kidd.

Kidd is mixed, but with this head shaved he tends to look more on the white side.

Kyrie might rebel at that.

Good point. I think Kidd should get a tan - it might smooth things over.

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2023, 04:47 PM
Don't think Durant is staying. He'll probably stay for the year and then demand a trade out again in the summer, maybe more quietly this time.

He has no leverage to demand out. They've got him under contract for two more years after this, if I'm not mistaken.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 04:49 PM
He has no leverage to demand out. They've got him under contract for two more years after this, if I'm not mistaken.

He can just dog it then, he gets paid either way, up to Brooklyn if they want to keep a player who clearly probably does not want to be there.

Trade him and move on. Just send him back to Golden State and get Wiseman + Kuminga, at least it's some young pieces to build around.

Unless Brooklyn is pulling another All-Star tier player out of their ass, Durant is not going to want to be there.

Kblaze8855
02-05-2023, 04:50 PM
It's "not going to work" in the sense they obviously made the trade for the reason of expecting it to take them farther than they otherwise would have. They didnt just make it for no reason. They made it with an expectation of an improved result.

And thus... it's not going to work.

But as I said, long term it's not a bad trade ASSUMING they dont re-sign Kyrie. If they max him, it becomes the worst trade of all time, and the friends and family of Dallas front office personnel need to give serious consideration to having these people committed to an insane asylum.

If they take a free roll on Kyrie this year and then simply move on, it's perfectly reasonable. But they're going to say at the press conference they expect this to make the team legitimate contenders this year. And by that standard this is very probably... not going to work.

Unless he somehow makes Luka leave there is no real downside and no chance it enters worst trade ever territory. That’s just the sports fan need to be dramatic more than accurate.

They risked certain failure for very likely failure. The downside is negligible no matter what Kyrie does with Luka locked in for 4 years.

Worst case he hates Kyrie and 3 years from now they slaughter some team for all its picks to trade for Luka 8 years and change into a career they wasted. Right now that’s looking very possible no matter what.

What else were they gonna trade some high end role players and 19-25th picks for?

Dirk wasn’t walking through that door. I don’t know where else they expected to get Luka help than by buying a superstar at his cheapest and hoping for the best when even the worst…is the same L they were gonna take regardless.

1987_Lakers
02-05-2023, 04:50 PM
Brooklyn screwed up choosing Kyrie over Harden, should've kept Harden and traded Kyrie back when that was an option.

Harden never got the respect for how well he played for them in 2021, he made them unbeatable when all 3 were healthy that year. MVP candidate before he got injured.

That's why I thought people were nuts when they said the Nets won the Harden/Simmons trade. Harden is doing great with Philly, Simmons has been a bust.

Just like I think some people are nuts for saying the Nets won the Kyrie/Dinwiddie trade.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 04:54 PM
I wish Kyrie would have stayed and then gone for free in the summer.

Make KD have to play 2 more years with Ben Simmons and TJ Warren as his best teammates.

jayfan
02-05-2023, 04:57 PM
Cuban must have more moves coming. This alone barely improves them, if at all.

Im Still Ballin
02-05-2023, 04:58 PM
They need a solid defensive center.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:02 PM
Durant, Curry, Klay, Poole, Wiggins would be a crazy freaking squad, make the offer Golden State.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 05:04 PM
Durant, Curry, Klay, Poole, Wiggins would be a crazy freaking squad, make the offer Golden State.

you are insane. why woud Brookyn do this?

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:06 PM
you are insane. why woud Brookyn do this?

Because Durant doesn't want to be there anymore, he already asked out last year, why is staying now. He didn't come to Brooklyn to play with the Dinwiddies of the world, that wasn't part of the deal.

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 05:09 PM
Because Durant doesn't want to be there anymore, he already asked out last year, why is staying now. He didn't come to Brooklyn to play with the Dinwiddies of the world, that wasn't part of the deal.

I asked why Brookyn woud do this, not KD.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:11 PM
I asked why Brookyn woud do this, not KD.

Because he may just sit out next year and/or dog it. He won't be happy there. Take Wiseman and Kuminga and move on, they're at least decent young players you can retool around. The whole Durant era there is a bust, take the L and move forward.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:12 PM

Better than any team he had in OKC. Durant is happy. This team complements his game more than any he's had outside of GS.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:14 PM
Better than any team he had in OKC. Durant is happy. This team complements his game more than any he's had outside of GS.

No chance he's happy with that.

Dude went from playing with Step/Klay to this trash, lol. He didn't come to Brooklyn to play with these B-tier players and a p*ssy in Simmons who's too afraid to even shoot the ball.

Brooklyn needs to at minimum make the Conference Finals and actually be competetive (as in actually give a team like the Celtics a real run for their money in a 7 game series with a chance to win) and I think even *that* is like the bare minimum, if they lose in round 1/2 or get ripped apart by the Celtics, KD ain't staying for that shit. We know how his mindset is.

FireDavidKahn
02-05-2023, 05:14 PM
I honestly feel bad for KD. Left what would have been the greatest dynasty ever to team with up Harden and this fruitcake.

Now both of them are traded away

Manny98
02-05-2023, 05:16 PM
We just got better, wooooo!

Welcome back Dinwiddie :hammertime:

DFS one of the best 3+D guys in the league + a 1st for a negative cancer who's going to walk anyway

Marks, GM of the year

hold this L
02-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Harden never got the respect for how well he played for them in 2021, he made them unbeatable when all 3 were healthy that year. MVP candidate before he got injured.

That's why I thought people were nuts when they said the Nets won the Harden/Simmons trade. Harden is doing great with Philly, Simmons has been a bust.

Just like I think some people are nuts for saying the Nets won the Kyrie/Dinwiddie trade.
They should have never brought Harden back that season for the playoffs, may have hurt his career with that move. Then send Kyrie's dumbass somewhere dark and lonely. They should have kept Harden for sure, really messed up. I think they probably wanted to keep Harden but the only reason KD went to Brooklyn was Kyrie. Otherwise the rumor was he was heading to the Knicks.

hold this L
02-05-2023, 05:17 PM

DFS one of the best 3+D guys in the league + a 1st for a negative cancer who's going to walk anyway

Marks, GM of the year

Manny, what do you think overall of Kyrie and what he's done while he was a Nets?

1987_Lakers
02-05-2023, 05:18 PM

Marks, GM of the year

Nice avatar change!

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:22 PM
No chance he's happy with that.

Dude went from playing with Step/Klay to this trash, lol. He didn't come to Brooklyn to play with these B-tier players and a p*ssy in Simmons who's too afraid to even shoot the ball.

Brooklyn needs to at minimum make the Conference Finals and actually be competetive (as in actually give a team like the Celtics a real run for their money in a 7 game series with a chance to win) and I think even *that* is like the bare minimum, if they lose in round 1/2 or get ripped apart by the Celtics, KD ain't staying for that shit. We know how his mindset is.

Durant made the choice to come to BK to play with Irving. They were nothing before Durant. He chose it because of the disrespect he got for being the best player of the best team of all time. He doesn't care about playing for stacked teams anymore.

This roster construction is really good for him. They can play defense. They can shoot. He can be the defacto go-to.

Irving's style didn't fit with the team. They'll miss his scoring explosions at times, but overall they are gonna be a GSW type team with elite ball movement, great shooting, and elite D. With their switching style they are gonna probably be the best defense in the league now.

He's happy. Trust me.

Proctor
02-05-2023, 05:29 PM
Nets just got a lot more likeable.

Love some Dinwiddie and DFS. Interesting for Dallas, but I agree with Fultz. I do think they will be fine if they come out and smoke everybody but it has the smell of something that will blow up in the not too distant future when they stagnate and realize they still aren't that good.

Nets don't need a hell of a lot to be a contender, but hopefully Durant doesn't give up on them before then.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:32 PM
Durant made the choice to come to BK to play with Irving. They were nothing before Durant. He chose it because of the disrespect he got for being the best player of the best team of all time. He doesn't care about playing for stacked teams anymore.

This roster construction is really good for him. They can play defense. They can shoot. He can be the defacto go-to.

Irving's style didn't fit with the team. They'll miss his scoring explosions at times, but overall they are gonna be a GSW type team with elite ball movement, great shooting, and elite D. With their switching style they are gonna probably be the best defense in the league now.

He's happy. Trust me.

lol no way, he's a super-teamer.

The only way he's happy is if that team gives the Celtics a real run for their money and has a legit shot at the Finals, we'll see but I doubt it.

He's not gonna be happy there if they're like some 2nd round out and he's looking around the locker room and there's no other real star. We know how Durant thinks and we already know he wanted out already last summer.

If they had traded Kyrie last summer, Durant would have never rescinded his trade request, he would've likely just sat until the Nets traded him also. He only backed off the trade request because he probably got talked into the whole "well at least try playing with Kyrie + Simmons, it's a good duo that can make the Finals potentially", now that that is gone, yeah I don't see it with Durant.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:36 PM
lol no way, he's a super-teamer.

The only way he's happy is if that team gives the Celtics a real run for their money and has a legit shot at the Finals, we'll see but I doubt it.

He's not gonna be happy there if they're like some 2nd round out and he's looking around the locker room and there's no other real star. We know how Durant thinks and we already know he wanted out already last summer.

If they had traded Kyrie last summer, Durant would have never rescinded his trade request, he would've likely just sat until the Nets traded him also. He only backed off the trade request because he probably got talked into the whole "well at least try playing with Kyrie + Simmons, it's a good duo that can make the Finals potentially", now that that is gone, yeah I don't see it with Durant.

They're a better team. Durant knows ball and he knows they are well constructed similar to the 2019 Raptors.

He didn't like Nash. That's what caused the short-lived trade request.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:38 PM
They're a better team. Durant knows ball and he knows they are well constructed similar to the 2019 Raptors.

He didn't like Nash. That's what caused the short-lived trade request.

I mean Nash was his own hire, lol.

Durant is a super-teamer and a bit of a baby, everyone knows it.

He's not gonna be happy with just an "OK team". He needs to be coddled with other superstars around him and an easy path to the Finals.

Is this Nets team gonna be in the Finals? Because if they're a 2nd round out, I can tell you Durant is not going to be happy with that. He didn't leave Golden State for that shit.

This Nets team is no where near as good as the 2019 Raptors at playing defence, frankly offensively I got questions too. Who actually is the no.2 scoring option, if Dinwiddie wasn't good enough for Luka how is he magically going to be the reliable go to after Durant.

SouBeachTalents
02-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Why the hell do you think KD would want to go back to the Warriors? He could've stayed there and won a title virtually every season he & Curry were healthy and in their primes. He obviously left for a reason, he wasn't happy there.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:40 PM
I mean Nash was his own hire, lol.

Durant is a super-teamer and a bit of a baby, everyone knows it.

He's not gonna be happy with just an "OK team". He needs to be coddled with other superstars around him and an easy path to the Finals.

Is this Nets team gonna be in the Finals? Because if they're a 2nd round out, I can tell you Durant is not going to be happy with that. He didn't leave Golden State for that shit.

They're an elite team when he's healthy and will be a top 3 defense and top 3 shooting team. Vaughn is a defensive mastermind.

You keep bringing up old talking points that casual fans usually cling to.

"kd is a cupcake!"

Are u gonna talk about basketball?

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Nets officially the greatest dynasty that never was. Durant officially has 4 days to demand a trade. My prediction was looking unlikely but it's been given a slight chance.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:42 PM
Why the hell do you think KD would want to go back to the Warriors? He could've stayed there and won a title virtually every season he & Curry were healthy and in their primes. He obviously left for a reason, he wasn't happy there.

A few years in Brooklyn and going through Kyrie-Gate has probably sobered him up real damn quick. Life with Curry and Klay and in sunny Bay Area suddenly looks prettttttttty good compared to this shit. Plus they probably are dumping Draymond any way, so that's another plus as that probably was the main problem he had, Draymond being a dumbass.

Axe
02-05-2023, 05:43 PM
Such a dumb idea lol. Sorry to break it to you pal, but dub dynasty is really over.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:44 PM
They're an elite team when he's healthy and will be a top 3 defense and top 3 shooting team. Vaughn is a defensive mastermind.

You keep bringing up old talking points that casual fans usually cling to.

"kd is a cupcake!"

Are u gonna talk about basketball?

Lets see if they're pushing Boston in the Conference Finals then, because if they are a 2nd round out or getting demolished by the Celtics in the Conference Finals ... you are dreaming if you think Durant's mind set is "yeah this is totally cool, totally worth leaving Golden State for this".

You can spin it a million ways but we already know he wanted out and don't put all that shit on Nash either.

For him to stay they better be in the Conference Finals minimum and they better actually have a chance to win otherwise he will bail out on that group. We're talking about the same dude that bailed on an OKC team that was 1 game away from beating the Warriors, lol, anyone thinking his mindset isn't a factor is doing more coke than Rick James.

Manny98
02-05-2023, 05:44 PM
Manny, what do you think overall of Kyrie and what he's done while he was a Nets?
Kyrie is still my favorite player of all time but his tenure on the Nets has been a massive disappointment and bittersweet to see him go

Basically has been a part time player and has caused too much drama, I defended him before but this was his last straw

Axe
02-05-2023, 05:45 PM
Kyrie is still my favorite player of all time but his tenure on the Nets has been a massive disappointment and bittersweet to see him go

Basically has been a part time player and has caused too much drama, I defended him before but this was his last straw
He's always been like that since losing in the 2017 finals.

Xiao Yao You
02-05-2023, 05:46 PM

:roll:

SouBeachTalents
02-05-2023, 05:47 PM
A few years in Brooklyn and going through Kyrie-Gate has probably sobered him up real damn quick. Life with Curry and Klay and in sunny Bay Area suddenly looks prettttttttty good compared to this shit. Plus they probably are dumping Draymond any way, so that's another plus as that probably was the main problem he had, Draymond being a dumbass.
Life on the Warriors was a legitimate dream compared to the absolute shitshow he's experienced in Brooklyn, you have no arguments from me there :lol But again, he left for a reason. He was tired of winning championships and FMVP's with monster performances and receiving zero credit from a lot of the fans and media, and wanted to put the narrative that he needed Curry & the Warriors to win to rest.

Even after this nightmare Brooklyn stint, I really don't think any of that's changed, or I'd be extremely surprised if it did.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Lets see if they're pushing Boston in the Conference Finals then, because if they are a 2nd round out or getting demolished by the Celtics in the Conference Finals ... you are dreaming if you think Durant's mind set is "yeah this is totally cool, totally worth leaving Golden State for this".

You can spin it a million ways but we already know he wanted out and don't put all that shit on Nash either.

For him to stay they better be in the Conference Finals minimum and they better actually have a chance to win otherwise he will bail out on that group. We're talking about the same dude that bailed on an OKC team that was 1 game away from beating the Warriors, lol, anyone thinking his mindset isn't a factor is doing more coke than Rick James.

Guys get older and their mindsets change. Durant has matured a lot an has made several remarks/posts on how he's just content to go out and ball. And whatever happens happens.

He's not 26 anymore.

And they're a better team with a better coach since the drama. Your points are just bad. You're a casual fan

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Life on the Warriors was a legitimate dream compared to the the absolute shitshow he's experienced in Brooklyn, you have no arguments from me there :lol But again, he left for a reason. He was tired of winning championships and FMVP's with monster performances and receiving zero credit from a lot of the fans and media, and wanted to put the narrative that he needed Curry & the Warriors to win to rest.

Even after this nightmare Brooklyn stint, I really don't think any of that's changed. Or I'd be extremely surprised if it did.

If the Nets management came to KD right now and said "we have a deal on the table to send you back to Golden State if you don't want to be here you need to let us know now", guarantee KD is moonwalking to the airport, lol.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:50 PM
Guys get older and their mindsets change. Durant has matured a lot an has made several remarks/posts on how he's just content to go out and ball. And whatever happens happens.

He's not 26 anymore.

And they're a better team with a better coach since the drama. Your points are just bad. You're a casual fan

"He's matured"

"Demanded a trade out 8 months ago and tried to make the coach HE GOT HIRED the fall guy for everything"

Same Kevin Durant that like 6 months ago threw his teammates under the bus by basically naming who he was playing with and saying basically "look at the dog shit I have to work with"

Yeah nothing says maturity better than that. This isn't 3 years ago ... this is within the last 10 months, lol.

Matured my ass. Dude still regularly gets into stupid ass Twitter fights with 14 year olds.

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2023, 05:52 PM
Warriors just won the championship without him so of course KD would get no credit if he went back there. But in reality the Warriors are struggling. They could use him and they know it. If he wants to win a championship getting back with Curry is his best shot and they have the young assets a rebuilding Nets team would want.

Wally450
02-05-2023, 05:55 PM
Wonder if KD comes out and calls for a trade before the deadline as well.

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 05:56 PM
Warriors just won the championship without him so of course KD would get no credit if he went back there. But in reality the Warriors are struggling. They could use him and they know it. If he wants to win a championship getting back with Curry is his best shot and they have the young assets a rebuilding Nets team would want.

Yup they could use him, it would definitely be a fit that way.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 05:58 PM

Zero chance.

He's happy as hell lol. He knows they got better at shooting and defense which is how you win in this league. And he'll get all the credit if they win.

Near perfect situation for him

JohnnySic
02-05-2023, 05:59 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/7a2jel.jpg

Manny98
02-05-2023, 06:03 PM
Zero chance.

He's happy as hell lol. He knows they got better at shooting and defense which is how you win in this league. And he'll get all the credit if they win.

Near perfect situation for him
KD plays his best basketball when surrounded by just a bunch of solid role players

Nets got better

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 06:05 PM
KD plays his best basketball when surrounded by just a bunch of solid role players

Nets got better

You mean like the team he had in OKC post-Harden? Yeah that sure worked out great.

He plays his best basketball with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, lets be real.

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 06:08 PM
You mean like the team he had in OKC post-Harden? Yeah that sure worked out great.

They had zero shooters In OKC.

Manny98
02-05-2023, 06:10 PM

I'm talking about the games he played this and last season when Kyrie was out

With Kyrie and with Westbrook we have a "your turn my turn type offense" which doesn't work in the playoffs, now we can play real unselfish team basketball

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 06:10 PM

With Kyrie we have a "your turn my turn type offense" which doesn't work in the playoffs, now we can play real unselfish basketball

Bro these guys don't know ball lol

Nets are scary as hell when KD comes back. Let's go!!!

Soundwave
02-05-2023, 06:14 PM

With Kyrie and with Westbrook we have a "your turn my turn type offense" which doesn't work in the playoffs, now we can play real unselfish team basketball

Bottom line is I don't think this Nets team as constructed can beat the Celtics, probably not even the 76ers or Bucks if the Bucks are healthy.

Like maaaaaaaaaybe if the stars align for them and everything possible goes right, but that's not gonna happen realistically.

Ben Simmons being a p*ssy and refusing to be a scoring option basically is the killer, if they had Harden instead of Simmons maybe you got a shot, but KD isn't going to be happy being on the "4th best team in the East".

If this was Brooklyn's roster the year he left Golden State, 0% chance he would sign with them knowing there is not even 1 clear cut All-Star caliber support player on the team, let alone the 2+ he generally prefers.

Manny98
02-05-2023, 06:31 PM
Might not be done apparently

https://i.postimg.cc/NGR7GRxM/Screenshot-2023-02-05-22-29-44-75-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

HylianNightmare
02-05-2023, 06:36 PM
Garbage for both teams

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 06:37 PM
Might not be done apparently

https://i.postimg.cc/NGR7GRxM/Screenshot-2023-02-05-22-29-44-75-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

They want Anunoby I'm sure. They'd go from best D in the league to one of the alltime best with him. Plus he can shoot..

noonereal
02-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Let me get this straight. You trade one of the greatest players today for two pedestrian players and this is a good trade for both team ?

noonereal
02-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Kyrie should be banned from basketball, period.

Sportal
02-05-2023, 06:53 PM
Maybe Irving will understand this may be his last chance for success... You can't be on that Boston team, leave the Cavs, and now win nothing with Durant... Lol...

D-Wait
02-05-2023, 07:16 PM
Spencer and DFS have to be gutted.

They loved it in Dallas.

What? Pretty sure Dinwiddie doesn't have a problem returning to Brooklyn and playing with Kevin Freaking Durant :lol:lol

D-Wait
02-05-2023, 07:18 PM

Despite losing Kyrie, he has a pretty nice supporting cast now. Would be weak af to also request a trade.

sportjames23
02-05-2023, 07:19 PM
Bron fans finna hate on Luka hard now. They gonna hate on him more than they do Kobe and MJ. :oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 07:24 PM
What? Pretty sure Dinwiddie doesn't have a problem returning to Brooklyn and playing with Kevin Freaking Durant :lol:lol

Did you follow Spencer‘s socials? He was doing all kinds of interviews and games with the Mavs org.

Always emphasized how good it felt to be in Dallas after Washington.

Why would he care about KD being on the team?

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 07:24 PM
Bron fans finna hate on Luka hard now. They gonna hate on him more than they do Kobe and MJ. :oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

Wut? You never make any sense

PANTHALASSA
02-05-2023, 07:26 PM
Let me get this straight. You trade one of the greatest players today for two pedestrian players and this is a good trade for both team ?

Kyrie? One of the best plyers today???

Check the W-L column for every team hes ever played on.

He makes NO DIFFERENCE.

D-Wait
02-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Did you follow Spencer‘s socials? He was doing all kinds of interviews and games with the Mavs org.

Always emphasized how good it felt to be in Dallas after Washington.

Why would he care about KD being on the team?

Because he gets to play with an all-time great and has a good shot at winning a chip? There's worse places you could end up in.

Manny98
02-05-2023, 07:27 PM
They want Anunoby I'm sure. They'd go from best D in the league to one of the alltime best with him. Plus he can shoot..

Simmons + 2 1sts for Van Leet and OG

Get it done Marks!

D-Wait
02-05-2023, 07:36 PM

Luka is all about winning, I don't see him acting out at all.

They will mesh just fine. (Irving always praised Luka)

ImKobe
02-05-2023, 07:39 PM

Kyrie wasn't gonna stay in BK anyway and threatened to sit out the season.. Nets flipped an expiring who wanted out for 2 quality starters + picks. That's a great deal for them considering that they still have KD, who's arguably the best player in the league when healthy and now have even more picks and other assets to flip for another quality starter like OG Anunoby to make them really tough defensively.

Nets are in a great position right now and Mavs gave Luka what he wanted. Both sides won with the trade at least right now IMO.

D-Wait
02-05-2023, 07:40 PM
Kyrie? One of the best plyers today???

:milton

Dude is a freaking top 20 player at worst.

PANTHALASSA
02-05-2023, 08:06 PM
:milton

Dude is a freaking top 20 player at worst.

Based on what?

His teams never ever suffer the slightest setback when he leaves town or is out with injury/headcasing.

He doesnt make an impact. So who cares about his arbitrary fan ranking.

Spurs m8
02-05-2023, 08:14 PM
Too all the bronies who had their hopes up and will now act like they never wanted him....eat a d1ck.

Kyrie wasn't rejoining LeCancer...he already ran away from him once

Spurs m8
02-05-2023, 08:15 PM
Irving won’t be able to co-exist with Luka. He’s too egotistical. Same reason he left LeBron.

That's not why he left lebron, you clown

He left because of LeCancer

Spurs m8
02-05-2023, 08:15 PM
Luka is all about winning, I don't see him acting out at all.

They will mesh just fine. (Irving always praised Luka)

Yep, this

Finally Luka has some help

Keno
02-05-2023, 08:35 PM
lakers fumbled the bag on this one, the time to win is right now while you guys have AD and Bron, both playing at an MVP level.

DMAVS41
02-05-2023, 08:35 PM
Mavs had to swing for the fences in a move like this as they current team was not close to good enough to truly contend. But moves like this are just a reminder of how the Mavs have consistently bungled draft picks, contracts, and free agency for a long time now. The Brunson thing is just unreal bad. A total unforced error.

If this doesn't work and Luka leaves...without winning a title in Dallas....to have Dirk and then Luka and only get 1 title out of it....honestly would just be absurd.

BigKobeFan
02-05-2023, 08:40 PM
LeGM failed to collude again

ArbitraryWater
Because he gets to play with an all-time great and has a good shot at winning a chip? There's worse places you could end up in.

He does the same in Dallas..

If you actually disagree with my notion that hes disappointed, answer my other question.

Wardell Curry
Mavs had to swing for the fences in a move like this as they current team was not close to good enough to truly contend. But moves like this are just a reminder of how the Mavs have consistently bungled draft picks, contracts, and free agency for a long time now. The Brunson thing is just unreal bad. A total unforced error.

If this doesn't work and Luka leaves...without winning a title in Dallas....to have Dirk and then Luka and only get 1 title out of it....honestly would just be absurd.

Dirk and Luka have both been top 5 and/or fringe top 5 players throughout their careers. What is so absurd about them only getting 1 ring? Neither one of them has been so good that you could confidently say they were ever the best player in the world. Aside from that, teams win championships. I can list dozens of guys that have been top 5 league wide players for many years in their careers that never won rings. There are quite a few top 20 all time players that never won championships. I agree with you that it's probably a bad trade, but we'll have to see.

BigShotBob
02-05-2023, 08:43 PM
More interested in seeing how the Nets flip the picks. Dinwiddle back in BK looks good as well and DFS gives the Nets size, shooting, and defense

Kyrie with the Mavs feels like a rental though

NBAGOAT
02-05-2023, 08:44 PM
I like it for Mavs the upcoming options to trade for during offseason were siakam and lavine. Lavine is definitely worse than Kyrie ball dominant and on a bad contract. Siakam is a good fit but they dont have the assets for him. I only don’t like giving up an unprotected pick that far in the future for someone as unreliable as Kyrie but they likely want to use the other picks in another trade. It’s a desperate move but they were in a desperate situation. Ofc I rather have brunson and the pick but this is theoretically a harden/cp3 situation

Nets got decent value but obviously they’re trying to compete with kd. I think it’s a bit futile but they do have 3 picks to trade now

ImKobe
02-05-2023, 08:49 PM
Based on what?

His teams never ever suffer the slightest setback when he leaves town or is out with injury/headcasing.

He doesnt make an impact. So who cares about his arbitrary fan ranking.

This makes no sense. It's probably the dumbest argument anyone can make for a player of his caliber. The stats (RAPTOR, On/Off splits) this season suggest that he's a massive positive on offense and they also show that he hasn't hurt the Nets defensively either.

Irving is tied with Booker for #7 in Offensive RAPTOR (higher than Lebron, KD and Tatum for example) and tied for 10th in total RAPTOR.

Using something as arbitrary as RS W/L record to discredit him is very low IQ. He's played on some great teams so of course they're still going to be successful without him. Bran played in a terrible EC and they didn't lose him for nothing. Celtics had a loaded roster with a bunch of young players who kept developing after he left. Nets have had a great share of talent as well. Both Bran and KD stans have used Kyrie's injuries in the POs as an excuse for why they lost ('15 Finals, '21 vs Bucks) but then also act as if Kyrie's some net-negative player who held them back when it's convenient.

DMAVS41
02-05-2023, 08:49 PM
Dirk and Luka have both been top 5 and/or fringe top 5 players throughout their careers. What is so absurd about them only getting 1 ring? Neither one of them has been so good that you could confidently say they were ever the best player in the world. I can list dozens of guys that have been top 5 league wide players for many years in their careers that never won rings. I agree with you that it's probably a bad trade, but we'll have to see.

I didn't even say it is a bad trade. I said it was simply indicative of a franchise that makes unforced errors at times that ultimately lead to swing for the fences type moves like this.

I disagree with how you are categorizing Dirk and Luka. They were/are historically good players. Dirk proved more so it is easier to place him, but Luka is definitely on that level. Go back and look at just how good the Mavs were without the kind of help around Dirk that guys like Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan had. Hell, just look at 06 and 07...not only did they hire the wrong coach in Avery, but those teams had Jason Terry as the 2nd guy. And don't get me wrong...they were really good teams...but you not giving Dirk a better running mate at his peak hurts. And along the way...Dirk took discounts on his contract to help the team.

Simply put...when you have a top 20 all-time player like Dirk at his peak contending years...you've made mistakes if Jason Terry is the 2nd best player on the team.

kentatm
02-05-2023, 08:57 PM
Mavs are going to give Kyrie the 4yr max. Lakers were unwilling to give 4yr max so that trade died

Yeah I expect the Mavs to give him a max extension and then if he becomes a problem they'll simply trade him.

Jasper
02-05-2023, 09:01 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35594375/sources-nets-trading-star-guard-kyrie-irving-mavericks

for kyrie he will stand around , and when he has the ball Luka will need to move without the ball.

Who is the face of the Mav's :facepalm

LMFAO

PANTHALASSA
02-05-2023, 09:30 PM
Yeah I expect the Mavs to give him a max extension and then if he becomes a problem they'll simply trade him.

Who’s gonna take on Kyrie’s max extension after he burns yet another bridge in Dallas??

Then again, if theres one thing history proves it’s that theres always another sucker comin down the road..

Spurs m8
02-05-2023, 09:41 PM
Who’s gonna take on Kyrie’s max extension after he burns yet another bridge in Dallas??

Then again, if theres one thing history proves it’s that theres always another sucker comin down the road..

So you answered your own irrelevant question

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 09:45 PM
So you answered your own irrelevant question

how is it irrelevant? Are you retarded? Its Kyrie Irving, his destination is never irrelevant

AlternativeAcc.
02-05-2023, 09:51 PM
how is it irrelevant? Are you retarded? Its Kyrie Irving, his destination is never irrelevant

He's not only incapable of talking about basketball in a meaningful way, but also can't even discuss the gossipy part of the game without looking lost and foolish. Just a completely worthless imbecile. Dude genuinely types like he was raised in the woods devoid of any human contact. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
02-05-2023, 09:59 PM
He's not only incapable of talking about basketball in a meaningful way, but also can't even discuss the gossipy part of the game without looking lost and foolish. Just a completely worthless imbecile. Dude genuinely types like he was raised in the woods devoid of any human contact. :oldlol:

lmao why does that analogy make perfect sense

Doomsday Dallas
02-05-2023, 10:07 PM
I was upset when the Jason Kidd trade went down... and I turned out to be very wrong about it.

Hope that is the case here... but I really think this has potential to be a disaster.

Good things could happen maybe... but that is only if we get a legit Power Forward... or some kind of Muscle on this team.

We need to get Maxi back, Davis Bertans will have to step up. Wood, Hardaway, Bullock will have to play better, and Josh Green will have to somehow get involved.

an upgrade to Powell and this team could be a contender. We failed big on JaVale Mcgee.

hate to see Dorian and Dinwiddie go.... I do see the logic in trading two good players for one great player, but Kyrie just doesn't seem like a good fit with Luka.

It will be interesting to see each player's average in points and assists at the end of the season.

Wood
Bullock
Hardaway
Luka
Irving

Powell
Green
Bertans
Maxi

Frank Ntilikina
Jaden Hardy
Markieff Morris
Chris Silva

^ that's close... still missing a piece and can't afford an injury. Still missing 2011 Tyson Chandler, JaVale McGee is unfortunately not 2011 Tyson Chandler.

DMAVS41
02-05-2023, 10:22 PM
I was upset when the Jason Kidd trade went down... and I turned out to be very wrong about it.

Hope that is the case here... but I really think this has potential to be a disaster.

Good things could happen maybe... but that is only if we get a legit Power Forward... or some kind of Muscle on this team.

We need to get Maxi back, Davis Bertans will have to step up. Wood, Hardaway, Bullock will have to play better, and Josh Green will have to somehow get involved.

an upgrade to Powell and this team could be a contender. We failed big on JaVale Mcgee.

hate to see Dorian and Dinwiddie go.... I do see the logic in trading two good players for one great player, but Kyrie just doesn't seem like a good fit with Luka.

It will be interesting to see each player's average in points and assists at the end of the season.

Wood
Bullock
Hardaway
Luka
Irving

Powell
Green
Bertans
Maxi

Frank Ntilikina
Jaden Hardy
Markieff Morris
Chris Silva

^ that's close... still missing a piece and can't afford an injury. Still missing 2011 Tyson Chandler, JaVale McGee is unfortunately not 2011 Tyson Chandler.

Luka/Kyrie/Bullock has the makings of a really strong 3 man lineup. Completely agree about 11 Tyson of course. You really need a Robert Covington or PJ Tucker style player (when they were better a couple years ago) to round out that lineup. Wood / Hardaway will have value, but the defense will be atrocious with them on the floor.

Josh Green, if he continues to improve, will also make a lot of sense out there....especially when other teams are small.

Doomsday Dallas
02-05-2023, 11:32 PM
btw... Kyrie is anti-vax, and Cuban is about as pro-vax as you can get (luckily we live in Texas)... Cuban & Kyrie are at complete opposite ends.

Glad to see we can all finally get along.

in our hearts, we all know Kyrie made the right decision while Cuban was wrong with his mandates... but we can pretend none of that ever happened and just focus on basketball.

Doomsday Dallas
02-05-2023, 11:44 PM
https://media.tenor.com/swdvPf08VwIAAAAC/clint-eastwood-nod.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9MBmFmmrPA

BallsOut
02-05-2023, 11:58 PM
I didn't even say it is a bad trade. I said it was simply indicative of a franchise that makes unforced errors at times that ultimately lead to swing for the fences type moves like this.

I disagree with how you are categorizing Dirk and Luka. They were/are historically good players. Dirk proved more so it is easier to place him, but Luka is definitely on that level. Go back and look at just how good the Mavs were without the kind of help around Dirk that guys like Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan had. Hell, just look at 06 and 07...not only did they hire the wrong coach in Avery, but those teams had Jason Terry as the 2nd guy. And don't get me wrong...they were really good teams...but you not giving Dirk a better running mate at his peak hurts. And along the way...Dirk took discounts on his contract to help the team.

Simply put...when you have a top 20 all-time player like Dirk at his peak contending years...you've made mistakes if Jason Terry is the 2nd best player on the team.

It wasn’t just a bad trade, it was a terrible trade. Irving is arguably a downgrade from Dinwiddle when you factor in his defense and mental issues. Mavs gave up two starting players and two picks for a half season rental.

Kyrie Irving has never been known to be loyal to his team. He’ll walk the first chance he gets. Horrific for the Mavs no other way to see it.

coin24
02-06-2023, 12:04 AM
Pretty dumb from the mavs..

How can you not surround donthicc with something decent??

PANTHALASSA
02-06-2023, 12:19 AM
It wasn’t just a bad trade, it was a terrible trade. Irving is arguably a downgrade from Dinwiddle when you factor in his defense and mental issues. Mavs gave up two starting players and two picks for a half season rental.

Kyrie Irving has never been known to be loyal to his team. He’ll walk the first chance he gets. Horrific for the Mavs no other way to see it.

The Mavs chemistry and body language have not been good this year. They do not look like a finals team. Spencer and Luka havent had great chemistry on the court. DFS is a solid starter but nothing more. And Mavs have a backlog of power forwards anyway.

Again, if nothing else they can just chalk this up to a salary dump at the end of the season. Give themselves more flexibility to go after guys who fit better in the offseason.

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2023, 12:20 AM
If only they still had Porzingis.

Kyrie
Hardaway
Luka
Wood
Porzingis

BigShotBob
02-06-2023, 12:23 AM

Kyrie
Hardaway
Luka
Wood
Porzingis

There's no defense in that line-up

D-Wait
02-06-2023, 12:29 AM

Kyrie
Hardaway
Luka
Wood
Porzingis

How about

Wood
Kleber
Luka
Green
Irving

?

Average defensively, but pretty deadly offensive lineup.

GimmeThat
02-06-2023, 02:18 AM
perfect team for playing the zone defense since there are enough above average rebounders at all positions

WhiteKyrie
02-06-2023, 02:27 AM
Great pairing. Been advocating and waiting on this tandem. Great fit. Finally get Luka a supporting superstar. Luka is primary decision maker and facilitator. Can back people down and make great passes and Kyrie functions as elite ISO scorer in the half court when things break down. He’s basically a superstar HOF version of what Brunson and then Dimwiddie provided. Mavs might be chip bound if it works out. Glad LA didn’t get him either. Even better fit with than Luka than with KD, IMO

dbugz
02-06-2023, 08:08 AM
one douchebag and a drama queen

this will not end well for cuban's mavs

Sulico
02-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Cuban doing Cuban things. Terrible trade that actually happened. Cuban tried to overpay Derron Williams, then Deandre Jordan, but fate saved Mavs. Now he's about to overpay Kyrie and ruin next few seasons of Luka's career. What a terrible news for Luka's fans.

ImKobe
02-06-2023, 10:59 AM
one douchebag and a drama queen

this will not end well for cuban's mavs

Cavs did just fine with that formula. They even have Wood to play the K Love role.

Duderonomy
02-06-2023, 11:25 AM
Dallas upgraded their roster. The sad thing is they might not get out of the first round in the west. They overachieved last year making it to the WCF. Alot of injuries have to happen for them to get back to the WCF this season.

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2023, 11:29 AM
Dallas upgraded their roster. The sad thing is they might not get out of the first round in the west. They overachieved last year making it to the WCF. Alot of injuries have to happen for them to get back to the WCF this season.

what are you taking about they coud easiy beat the kings and grizzies

ralph_i_el
02-06-2023, 12:28 PM
I dont get the logic whatsoever, unless the Mavs are just using this to dump salary.

Kyrie:

1) Cant play defense
2) Needs the ball on offense
3) Terribly immature
4) Massively resents white people

So you pair him with a guy who:

1) Is white
2) Has the highest usage in the league
3) Is average at best defensively
4) Is also terribly immature

If the Mavs make the finals with this pairing I'll be the first to eat my words. But every shred of logic points to this being the dumbest possible pairing to put together.

Mavs need another ballhandler so bad. They just got an All-time-great ballhandler. Kyrie is also extremely good at moving off the ball and spacing the floor with another star.

Who knows what the defense is going to be like, but this team is going to SCORE like crazy.

PANTHALASSA
02-06-2023, 12:52 PM
Mavs need another ballhandler so bad. They just got an All-time-great ballhandler. Kyrie is also extremely good at moving off the ball and spacing the floor with another star.

Who knows what the defense is going to be like, but this team is going to SCORE like crazy.

I agree, altho I believe they need it more for their second unit than their starting lineup with the highest usage player in the league. Sure they can still stagger minutes to some extent but not as easily.

We'll see. I dont think it's a perfect fit from a basketball standpoint, but I can at least see the potential in that regard. It's the intangibles of the fit that make it seem very unlikely to be successful. Which again, is not a problem if they're simply taking a one year flyer. They dumped salary in the process and can start fresh after this season.

If they commit to Kyrie long term, there is a 99.9999999999999999999% chance it ends badly. He is spiteful and malcontented and disprespectful to everyone around him. He's left EVERYWHERE on bad terms. Anyone who gives him a multiyear deal will simply end up paying him to make an open mockery of their organization.

Manny98
02-06-2023, 01:08 PM
How about

Wood
Kleber
Luka
Green
Irving

?

Average defensively, but pretty deadly offensive lineup.
Average? :roll:

That's the worst defensive team out of every playoff contender

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2023, 01:16 PM
Has Kevin Durant said anything about any of this yet? That's the guy whose reaction I want to hear/see most of all.

jayfan
02-06-2023, 01:22 PM
Cavs did just fine with that formula. They even have Wood to play the K Love role.

That was before Kyrie really became Kyrie. Kinda like when Rodman was a Piston.

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Has Kevin Durant said anything about any of this yet? That's the guy whose reaction I want to hear/see most of all.

Because you think your awful prediction is still on the table. Its not. I know you've never been right about anything but this is just sad and desperate.

D-Wait
02-06-2023, 03:06 PM
Average? :roll:

That's the worst defensive team out of every playoff contender

Last time I checked, Kleber and Green aren't liabilities on defense and Wood gives you at least some rim-protection. That's why I said average, not good or really bad.

Manny98
02-06-2023, 03:11 PM
Last time I checked, Kleber and Green aren't liabilities on defense and Wood gives you at least some rim-protection. That's why I said average, not good or really bad.
Dallas currently rank 24th defensively and have now lost their best defender in DFS :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Because you think your awful prediction is still on the table. Its not. I know you've never been right about anything but this is just sad and desperate.

Celtics are in first dumbass. Why would I be desperate? KD wanted a trade just last off-season because of the situation with Irving. Now that it's blown up people will want to sew how Durant reacts. Even you should be able to comprehend that. But maybe you can't. I don't have much faith in you at this point.

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 03:19 PM
Celtics are in first dumbass. Why would I be desperate? KD wanted a trade just last off-season because of the situation with Irving. Now that it's blown up people will want to sew how Durant reacts. Even you should be able to comprehend that. But maybe you can't. I don't have much faith in you at this point.

You're rhe one that reminded everyone how you predicted KD would demand a trade (after he demanded one then rescinded it and has been silent/balling since)

You're always wrong. And even with irving leaving which you didn't predict, it's still not happening. Durant isn't demanding shit. I was saying you're desperate to be right about something. Not sure what Celtics being 1st has to do with that, but you ain't bright. So the response is on par with you being you.

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2023, 03:50 PM
You're rhe one that reminded everyone how you predicted KD would demand a trade (after he demanded one then rescinded it and has been silent/balling since)

You're always wrong. And even with irving leaving which you didn't predict, it's still not happening. Durant isn't demanding shit. I was saying you're desperate to be right about something. Not sure what Celtics being 1st has to do with that, but you ain't bright. So the response is on par with you being you.

I posted that in a thread by kblaze about unlikely predictions you idiot. I'm not going around thinking I know exactly what Durant is going to do.

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 03:57 PM
I posted that in a thread by kblaze about unlikely predictions you idiot. I'm not going around thinking I know exactly what Durant is going to do.

Then why bring it up? You obviously wanted people to think you may be right about something. You tried being subtle and planted that seed. Didn't work out lol

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Then why bring it up? You obviously wanted people to think you may be right about something. You tried being subtle and planted that seed. Didn't work out lol

I'm just chatting dumbass. You need a hobby.

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 04:04 PM
I'm just chatting dumbass. You need a hobby.

You've been here a lot longer than me. Why do I need a hobby? Because I call you out and make you feel inferior?

Come on man. Don't be so girly.

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2023, 04:07 PM
You're fascination with me is unhealthy. Moving on , has anyone heard Durant say anything yet?

Duderonomy
02-06-2023, 06:09 PM
what are you taking about they coud easiy beat the kings and grizzies

Grizzlies are deep when healthy. Kings are young and we don't know yet. But asking the current Mavs with Kyrie to beat 2 out of the other top 5 teams in the west is a bad bet.

Manny98
02-06-2023, 09:10 PM
Just ordered my Dallas Kyrie jersey :rockon:

Hopefully we get Dallas vs Brooklyn finals

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2023, 05:56 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoXjOvgpLt5/

damn

gonna miss this guy

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2023, 05:56 PM
Grizzlies are deep when healthy. Kings are young and we don't know yet. But asking the current Mavs with Kyrie to beat 2 out of the other top 5 teams in the west is a bad bet.

Grizz and Kings aint shit to the Mavs

8Ball
02-07-2023, 05:57 PM
Just ordered my Dallas Kyrie jersey :rockon:

Hopefully we get Dallas vs Brooklyn finals

:biggums::biggums::biggums:

Jasper
02-07-2023, 08:21 PM
"I just know I want to be places where I'm celebrated and not just tolerated or just kind of dealt with in a way that doesn't make me feel respected," Irving said after Tuesday's practice at USC's Galen Hall. "There were times throughout this process when I was in Brooklyn where I felt very disrespected"

Dude you put that on your self.
By the way Kyrie you were the one supposedly colluded the Nets , so it's your fvck up , don't blame it on others.

Soundwave
02-09-2023, 07:23 AM

He's not 26 anymore.

Ahem, you were saying?

I'm pretty sure I called LeBron to Miami before anyone else on this board too (and took shit for saying so), some shit never changes.

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2023, 08:45 AM

So I guess he did have something to say?

AlternativeAcc.
02-09-2023, 09:54 AM
So I guess he did have something to say?

I made you backtrack on your 'prediction' and you're STILL thirsty for attention for something you weren't even right about (you never predicted the irving trade which led to durant trade)

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2023, 10:19 AM
I made you backtrack on your 'prediction' and you're STILL thirsty for attention for something you weren't even right about (you never predicted the irving trade which led to durant trade)

I was not speaking to you. You were completely wrong and I still wasn't speaking to you. And you still want my attention. Why? You know I have no respect for you, whether you are posting under your current alt, the original username you are too ashamed to use, or whatever you bring next after you've had enough abuse. Lifelong Suns fan right? Sure ok, run along now.

AlternativeAcc.
02-09-2023, 10:23 AM
I was not speaking to you. You were completely wrong and I still wasn't speaking to you. And you still want my attention. Why? You know I have no respect for you, whether you are posting under your current alt, the original username you are too ashamed to use, or whatever you bring next after you've had enough abuse. Lifelong Suns fan right? Sure ok, run along now.

Of course you wouldn't dare single me out. I own you.

I was right though.. about you. You were so desperate telling everyone how your prediction was still on the table.. then I made u backtrack and say u have no idea whats going on. :lol

I'm always 2 steps ahead. 10 steps when it comes to you.

AlternativeAcc.
02-09-2023, 10:28 AM
I'll stop though man, no more personal attacks. I'm only posting about ball from here on out. Unlike most of u dudes

Real Men Wear Green
02-09-2023, 10:30 AM
Congratulations on being a worthless troll? Moving on.

tontoz
02-09-2023, 10:53 AM
I'll stop though man, no more personal attacks. I'm only posting about ball from here on out. Unlike most of u dudes

Sure. Now you claim to be a long time Suns fan but i don't remember you even mentioning them last year when they had the best record in the league. :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 10:59 AM

Sadly, KD is a muppet who wants to be on a stacked team at all costs. He will not waste a second on a "just good" team.