PDA

View Full Version : SAS: Kevin Durant on the verge of being moved

1987_Lakers
02-06-2023, 03:17 PM
Kevin Durant is on the verge of potentially being moved, per @stephenasmith

“I’m hearing Boston is making some calls, keep your eye on that. Jaylen Brown.”

BallsOut
02-06-2023, 03:19 PM
On the verge of potentially being possibly included in a hypothetical trade that may happen soon fake news me thinks

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 03:22 PM
Stephen A is a moron and this is the same as any random guy on Twitter speculating.

Why bro :oldlol:

Of course teams are gonna reach out. Doesn't mean a deal is anywhere close.

Overdrive
02-06-2023, 03:23 PM
The Celtics would be idiots if they do this. They top the league rn. Maybe KD could get them the title, but he could also massively ruin their chemistry. Even in the best scenario he can't stay on they court for a full season. What if he has to sit in the playoffs?

Why give up their way younger 2nd best player for a gamble at maybe one title?

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 03:25 PM
The Celtics would be idiots if they do this. They top the league rn. Maybe KD could get them the title, but he could also massively ruin their chemistry. Even in the best scenario he can't stay on they court for a full season. What if he has to sit in the playoffs?

Why give up their way younger 2nd best player for a gamble at maybe one title?

Because their front office knows they're not really title contenders. They know they lucked into the finals last year and Tatum showed he's a choker on the big stage.

With Durant you get 2 titles, maybe 3. With current roster you get none and a bunch of years of false hope while real championship teams bulldoze them in the playoffs.

SouBeachTalents
02-06-2023, 03:33 PM
I’m gonna need something a lot more credible than a Stephen A Smith tweet. I haven’t seen this reported on ESPN or anywhere else. If I see other reports on this, I’ll start to believe it’s legitimate.

tontoz
02-06-2023, 03:39 PM
KD's radio silence is a bit odd.

Im Still Ballin
02-06-2023, 03:41 PM
Lakers!

NBAGOAT
02-06-2023, 04:06 PM
Kd isn’t type to request a deal during season and nets are still trying to make moves so I doubt this. KD is worth the upgrade over jaylen however. They’re not going be able to pay their depth for that long. Grant Williams is gonna make 15-20mil next year

ArbitraryWater
02-06-2023, 04:07 PM
Kd isn’t type to request a deal during season and nets are still trying to make moves so I doubt this. KD is worth the upgrade over jaylen however. They’re not going be able to pay their depth for that long. Grant Williams is gonna make 15-20mil next year

he absolutely is

AlternativeAcc.
02-06-2023, 04:09 PM
he absolutely is

Tbf he's only ever requested one trade and it was before this season. That circus lasted like a week and he's been drama free since. Really drama free most of his career.

He left westbrick for a superteam and wanted out of BKN because he didn't respect Nash as the coach. Outside of that nothing but drama free greatness.

Patrick Chewing
02-06-2023, 04:15 PM
What team deserves a superstar player? That's where KD should go. I can only think of the Magic and the Pistons right now.

They haven't had superstar players since the 90's.

highwhey
02-06-2023, 04:29 PM
i know one team he isn't being traded to for sure, the suns. because james jones is a garbage GM.

HoopologyPhD
02-06-2023, 04:36 PM
Lakers!

:banana:

Wally450
02-06-2023, 04:41 PM
God, now I have to hear about that Jaylen for KD trade for the next 4 days. :facepalm

theman93
02-06-2023, 06:07 PM
Nah, SAS is fake news

GrayGoat
02-06-2023, 06:11 PM
If Boston can get KD without giving up Rob Williams. It’s a guaranteed chip.

Overdrive
02-06-2023, 06:17 PM
Because their front office knows they're not really title contenders. They know they lucked into the finals last year and Tatum showed he's a choker on the big stage.

With Durant you get 2 titles, maybe 3. With current roster you get none and a bunch of years of false hope while real championship teams bulldoze them in the playoffs.

Yeah, healthy KD for 3 years would have them in the mix for a chip every season. His health is a gamble though and we don't know if he doesn't fall off anytime now even when healthy.

He's definately leagues above Brown as a player, but he doesn't mean any future promise. Whole Brown can give you atleast 5 more years of what he is or better.

KD's career could last to 40 or collapse any moment. It's a gamble. Could work out could not. Yes, the Celtics broke down in the finals compared to their east run, but that happens to alot of first timers. Some come back and don't collapse.

Shaq, when he lost in '95 said after the game " When I come back to the finals I promise not to lose". I think that line of thinking drives a lot of players when they lose their first finals. I could see this Celtics team doing exactly this. Especially with the west wide open and having no clear favourite to win it all at this point.

Manny98
02-06-2023, 07:23 PM
"per Stephen A Smith"

https://media.giphy.com/media/VIVWFx6c91AAwWLwWB/giphy.gif

KNOW1EDGE
02-06-2023, 07:28 PM
KD is on the verge of potentially maybe possibly being moved at some point in the future or maybe not but maybe yes.

Jasper
02-06-2023, 08:17 PM
Kevin Durant is on the verge of potentially being moved, per @stephenasmith

“I’m hearing Boston is making some calls, keep your eye on that. Jaylen Brown.”

They move Jaylen , they will never get a chip.

If KD is moved it was be part time like Kyrie.
I expect him back in a frisco uni- within 2 years.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 11:22 AM
"per Stephen A Smith"

SAS too smooth with it

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 11:23 AM
Kd isn’t type to request a deal during season and nets are still trying to make moves so I doubt this.

he absolutely is

As I said..

KD is a muppet who wont stick around anywhere on a non uber-stacked team.

Celtics 1825
02-09-2023, 02:32 PM
Well he was half right at least