PDA

View Full Version : Now that Kareem's record is broken, who breaks Jordan's?

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Kareem's record for most points scored stood for 39 years until Lebron broke it last night.

As it currently stands, Jordan's scoring title record of 10 (1998) has stood for 25 years and counting. It will take an additional 11 years to break which means this record will stand for atleast 36 years.

The closest active player has 4 (Durant), and in order to pass Jordan he would need to play until he's 41 and win it each year. That's not happening.

The only active player who might have a shot is Luka and he doesn't even have 1 yet in year 5.

How long until someone break's this record? Does any active player get close?

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:07 AM
Nobody cares about the yearly scoring title record. It has as much weight as making the all star team which LeBron will also achieve.

Case in point, nobody besides Jordan stans talk about it. Did you see the NBA stop an actual regular season game for 15 minutes to celebrate Jordan getting 10? Nope.

Meanwhile everyone is talking about LeBron being The all time scorer.

1987_Lakers
02-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Both George Gervin & Iverson are top 5 in scoring titles. lol

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:09 AM

Both all-time great scorers

SATAN
"Who can be the most selfish player on the court?" - OP

theman93
Nobody cares about the yearly scoring title record. It has as much weight as making the all star team which LeBron will also achieve.

Case in point, nobody besides Jordan stans talk about it. Did you see the NBA stop an actual regular season game for 15 minutes to celebrate Jordan getting 10? Nope.

If that were the case there wouldn't be articles written about it or an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to it's history.

1987_Lakers
02-08-2023, 11:10 AM
Both all-time great scorers

Both not even top 40.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:10 AM

The first time anyone ever talked about Jordan's scoring titles was in 2022 when Jordan stans started having meltdowns.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:11 AM
If that were the case there wouldn't be articles written about it or an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to it's history.

There's a wiki page dedicated to some obscure australian rat that nobody cares about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_rat

Here's some articles written about the Bush Rat:

https://australian.museum/learn/animals/mammals/bush-rat/

https://animalia.bio/bush-rat

PANTHALASSA
02-08-2023, 11:11 AM
The first time anyone ever talked about Jordan's scoring titles was in 2022 when Jordan stans started having meltdowns.

Bingo :roll:

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Both not even top 40.

And your top 40 scorers of all-time are?

1987_Lakers
02-08-2023, 11:14 AM

:roll:

So true.

1987_Lakers
02-08-2023, 11:15 AM

Both not even top 40 all-time.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:15 AM

LeBron 1.
Kareem 2
Malone and Jordan at 3 and 4
Wilt 5
Durant 6
Kobe 7
Dirk 8

There's like a few dozens more players to choose from before going to Allen Iverson

SouBeachTalents
02-08-2023, 11:22 AM
It's not even a knock on Jordan, but nobody gives a shit about how many times someone's lead in a statistical category, it's always who's the all time leader. Even being the single season leader is a significantly bigger deal. I bet even hardcore sports fans couldn't name how many times Jordan's lead the league in scoring, or who has the most seasons leading the NFL in passing TD's etc.

bison
02-08-2023, 11:24 AM

Similar to 5-6 years ago when the first time anyone ever talked about ‘1-9’ because Lebron stans were having meltdowns about their inability to break the consensus that Jordan is the GOAT. Both are examples of cheap random stats pulled out the ass of stans in a desperate attempt to slander a player. This is why I could never be a player stan. Player stans are often consumed by jealousy and pettiness it’s ruined their ability to enjoy basketball and basketball greatness.

SATAN
02-08-2023, 11:24 AM
OP is gonna run away with his tail tucked between his legs like in the religion thread. Dude gets owned every time. Even when he's on the right track, he veers off into the abyss.

Sad.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:26 AM
Similar to 5-6 years ago when the first time anyone ever talked about ‘1-9’ because Lebron stans were having meltdowns about their inability to break the consensus that Jordan is the GOAT. Both are examples of cheap random stats pulled out the ass of stans in a desperate attempt to slander a player. This is why I could never be a player stan. Player stans are often consumed by jealousy and pettiness it’s ruined their ability to enjoy basketball and basketball greatness.

1-9 is just a tongue in cheek mockery of 3ball spam threads.

We didn't think seriously of it. At least not me. I only used it on 3ball because it bothered him when we typed "1-9".

Jordan's an all time great and sits at #2.

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:26 AM
10 scoring titles is a record whether you want to discredit it or not. If it was as irrelevant as you all or saying it would not be a title that is tracked. I recall a very big deal being made about it last year when Lebron was in contention for it.

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:27 AM
LeBron 1.
Kareem 2
Malone and Jordan at 3 and 4
Wilt 5
Durant 6
Kobe 7
Dirk 8

There's like a few dozens more players to choose from before going to Allen Iverson

Interesting, who are the 32 other better scorers than AI? :lol

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:28 AM
10 scoring titles is a record whether you want to discredit it or not. If it was as irrelevant as you all or saying it would not be a title that is tracked. I recall a very big deal being made about it last year when Lebron was in contention for it.

It's a record. I give you that. It's just not an important record.

Is having the most all star team selections a record? Yes it is. Do people really care? Not really.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:29 AM
Interesting, who are the 32 other better scorers than AI? :lol

The point is, there's a dozen better all time scorers than AI and they didn't even have 4 scoring titles like he did.

Dirk has 0 scoring titles yet it doesn't matter when ranking him as a scorer. He's still easily top 10 and ahead of AI.

Manny98
02-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Man said scoring titles :roll:

Nobody cares about that shit

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:37 AM
It's a record. I give you that. It's just not an important record.

Is having the most all star team selections a record? Yes it is. Do people really care? Not really.

If you don't care that's fine I can't debate what you care/don't care about. But you can't logically speak for others. All the major sports networks were talking about the scoring title chase last year, it was a popular topic around here as well, and when Embiid won it ESPN tweeted this out:

https://i.ibb.co/X8xxdjY/Capture.png

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:38 AM
ESPN twitter your go to for important accomplishments? :roll:

They have 136 000 tweets. They will tweet about anything that happens. :lol

jayfan
02-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Why is AI getting sh*t on here? Dude was walking bucket.

And, unlike every other superstar, he had all the refs working against him in the process.

Airupthere
02-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Why is AI getting sh*t on here? Dude was walking bucket.

And, unlike every other superstar, had all the refs working against him in the process.

Branstans shit on anyone not named LeBron. No respect for the game and other players. They just follow Lebron and look at stats.

ArbitraryWater
02-08-2023, 11:44 AM
No one gives a **** about that tbh.

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:45 AM

Except you're moving the goalposts from nobody caring to what's an important accomplishment. If nobody cared then the world wide leader in sports wouldn't have said anything. The NBA itself recognized the amazing feat

https://www.nba.com/news/scoring-title-tracker-historically-close-chase?cid=nba%3Aarti%3Aown%3Asocial%3Atw%3Atwfeed% 3Aeg%3Acont%3Aconvis%3At-cont%3Au-glo%3Au-en%3A&%24web_only=true&_branch_match_id=1117103140029521278&_branch_referrer=H4sIAAAAAAAAA8soKSkottLXTywo0MvJz MvWy0tK1EvOz9VP1S9Ozi%2FKzEsvySzJSQUAPPfAkycAAAA%3 D

ArbitraryWater
02-08-2023, 11:45 AM
Even the most hardcore Ronaldo or Messi fans have no idea how often they led a eague or the world in scoring.

Thats 100% a Jordan fanboy thing

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:46 AM
Except you're moving the goalposts from nobody caring to what's an important accomplishment. If nobody cared then the world wide leader in sports wouldn't have said anything. The NBA itself recognized the amazing feat

https://www.nba.com/news/scoring-title-tracker-historically-close-chase?cid=nba%3Aarti%3Aown%3Asocial%3Atw%3Atwfeed% 3Aeg%3Acont%3Aconvis%3At-cont%3Au-glo%3Au-en%3A&%24web_only=true&_branch_match_id=1117103140029521278&_branch_referrer=H4sIAAAAAAAAA8soKSkottLXTywo0MvJz MvWy0tK1EvOz9VP1S9Ozi%2FKzEsvySzJSQUAPPfAkycAAAA%3 D

Yeah they care just as much as they care about the Australian rat.

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:48 AM
Nobody cares about scoring titles, yet we have 3 pages of interaction regarding it in the last 45 minutes alone. :applause:

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:51 AM
No one gives a **** about that tbh.

Interesting, yet here you are posting about it twice in 1 minute. Like the boyfriend who says he isn't jealous of his girlfriend cheating on him anymore but still stalks her socials :roll:

8Ball
02-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Nobody cares about scoring titles, yet we have 3 pages of interaction regarding it in the last 45 minutes alone. :applause:

You got it twisted.

We care about destroying the narrative and driving a stake inside the soul of every Jordan fan still grasping for air.

I'll do that all day.

theman93
02-08-2023, 11:55 AM
You got it twisted.

We care about destroying the narrative and driving a stake inside the soul of every Jordan fan still grasping for air.

I'll do that all day.

Yet allegedly, nobody cares about the narrative. But here you still are :lol

theman93
02-08-2023, 12:05 PM
Both not even top 40 all-time.

Still waiting for your top 40 scorers of all time that doesn't include AI. :lol

BigShotBob
02-08-2023, 12:25 PM
PPG is a better metric

SouBeachTalents
02-08-2023, 12:32 PM

:oldlol: That's legitimately the worst source you could possibly use to support this argument. They're forced to cover sports 24/7. I bet they have multiple tweets about the WNBA/women's college basketball too, that doesn't mean people give a shit about it :lol

And sure, there's usually chatter about who wins the scoring title during the season. But who has the most scoring titles? Nobody cares about that. He'd be better off arguing Jordan's the all time leader in ppg. Or a much better argument, FMVP.

hateraid
02-08-2023, 12:55 PM

Exactly. Fishing for anything to belittle the most prestigious scoring accomplishment.

Like does anyone question Gretzky's all time points total by pointing out a year to year statistics?

I've always said this. Jordan stans are the most insecure fanbase in sports

John8204
02-08-2023, 01:24 PM
Both not even top 40.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l4Ep6uxU6aedrYUik/giphy.gif

I got them #4 and #5 all-time as SG's so they would be in the top thirty for me.

2much_knowledge
02-08-2023, 01:37 PM
Will not happen. Cant be broken

2 3 three peats in the same decade. Imposible

Wardell Curry
02-08-2023, 01:39 PM
LeBron made it clear last night before the game he intended to break the record last night. And to be able to confidently non verbally tell people that he was going to do it last night, going into the game 36 points short, at 38 years old, is fairly remarkable.

LeBron is overrated by so many people on this board and across NBA fandom, but it's become very obvious to me that had he made scoring his biggest priority throughout his career like Jordan and Kobe, we would be talking about LeBron cracking 45,000 points before he retires, at the least.

Norcaliblunt
02-08-2023, 01:39 PM
You know back in the day people did care about Jordan racking up all these consecutive scoring titles. When he tied Wilt for 7 scoring titles in a row they gave him his props. I remember actually having this basketball card celebrating it.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LxMAAOSwU2pjcpXq/s-l1600.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~-UAAOSw2N1ZwWRu/s-l500.jpg

And it was debated who was the better scorer Wilt or MJ.

theman93
02-08-2023, 02:13 PM
:oldlol: That's legitimately the worst source you could possibly use to support this argument. They're forced to cover sports 24/7. I bet they have multiple tweets about the WNBA/women's college basketball too, that doesn't mean people give a shit about it :lol

And sure, there's usually chatter about who wins the scoring title during the season. But who has the most scoring titles? Nobody cares about that. He'd be better off arguing Jordan's the all time leader in ppg. Or a much better argument, FMVP.

Nobody cares, yet here you are along with the rest of the Lebron stans who allegedly don’t care but can’t stop posting about it :lol. If you or nobody cared you all wouldn’t keep responding to it.

Anyways, the thread isn’t even an argument over who’s the greater scorer. It’s only regarding how long will Jordan hold the record for scoring titles. You guys are so insecure that you can’t even stay on topic.

Norcaliblunt
02-08-2023, 02:20 PM
People cared about the scoring titles and were comparing Jordan to Wilt as a scorer. I remember more talk actually about Jordan vs Wilt than Jordan vs Kareem. It was all based around the consecutive scoring titles record. No one has come close to Wilt or MJ in the last 25 years so it doesn’t get brought up anymore. But if a player were to go on a scoring tear for 5 plus years and start racking up ppg titles the media would be all over it.

Airupthere
02-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Why are we not just showing accumulated stats during games since it seems to be the gold standard now? Instead of showing ppg eg, just show the total accumulated points in the season, then in the league. Lol

ArbitraryWater
02-08-2023, 02:23 PM
Interesting, yet here you are posting about it twice in 1 minute. Like the boyfriend who says he isn't jealous of his girlfriend cheating on him anymore but still stalks her socials :roll:

or like someone tryng to hammer a point into your thick skull

theman93
02-08-2023, 02:30 PM
People cared about the scoring titles and were comparing Jordan to Wilt as a scorer. I remember more talk actually about Jordan vs Wilt than Jordan vs Kareem. It was all based around the consecutive scoring titles record. No one has come close to Wilt or MJ in the last 25 years so it doesn’t get brought up anymore. But if a player were to go on a scoring tear for 5 plus years and start racking up ppg titles the media would be all over it.

Yep. Kareem’s all-time point total only became a hot subject because Lebron was getting close to it and then passed it. Before recently nobody talked about it. It will be the same story when a player in the future starts to creep up on Jordan’s scoring title record.

theman93
02-08-2023, 02:31 PM
or like someone tryng to hammer a point into your thick skull

The nobody cares argument is provenly false. The historical record proves it so.

SouBeachTalents
02-08-2023, 02:33 PM
The nobody cares argument is provenly false. The historical record proves it so.
You're delusional if you think someone breaking Jordan's scoring title record would get the same level of coverage that last night did :lol The all time record has mattered more in every sport than most times leading in a statistical category.

Spurs m8
02-08-2023, 02:42 PM
Bronny didn't even get close, because he couldn't hide behind his inflated stats

Let's add his highest ppg average ever, just to deal the seal

No one will beat the REAL greatest scorer ever...MJ

RogueBorg
02-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Lebronnies absolutely triggered by this. They say they don't care yet here they are arguing til they're blue in the face.

dankok8
02-08-2023, 03:22 PM
You're delusional if you think someone breaking Jordan's scoring title record would get the same level of coverage that last night did :lol The all time record has mattered more in every sport than most times leading in a statistical category.

Come on be fair. If anyone won 11 scoring titles in the modern era, that would get A TON of coverage.

RogueBorg
02-08-2023, 03:52 PM

L2R

Op never compared the scoring titles record to the all-time points total record. He asked how long does the scoring titles record last...sending most of you into a Chernobyl.

RogueBorg
02-08-2023, 03:54 PM
Come on be fair. If anyone won 11 scoring titles in the modern era, that would get A TON of coverage.

Lebronnies were celebrating last year when Lebron was trying to get his second scoring title. Can you imagine if he was going for his 11th?

theman93
02-08-2023, 04:03 PM

It absolutely would. We’re talking about a record that’s probably going to take 50+ years to break. Other sports are apples to oranges.

AlternativeAcc.
02-08-2023, 04:22 PM
OP getting massacred in this thread

Hard to look at

Jesus

2much_knowledge
02-08-2023, 04:49 PM
You know back in the day people did care about Jordan racking up all these consecutive scoring titles. When he tied Wilt for 7 scoring titles in a row they gave him his props. I remember actually having this basketball card celebrating it.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LxMAAOSwU2pjcpXq/s-l1600.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~-UAAOSw2N1ZwWRu/s-l500.jpg

And it was debated who was the better scorer Wilt or MJ.

I have that card

BigShotBob
02-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Why are we not just showing accumulated stats during games since it seems to be the gold standard now? Instead of showing ppg eg, just show the total accumulated points in the season, then in the league. Lol

:roll:

sdot_thadon
02-08-2023, 06:59 PM
I think the thing you're confusing here op is the all time scoring record is perhaps the most hallowed ground in the sport as far as individual records go. It was always held in high regard but not really spoke of because it seemed unbreakable. I grew up believing no one would ever reach it if Mj couldn't. 10 consecutive scoring titles was a respected thing due to banter when Wilt was still living but I don't ever recall it getting the same reverence as Kareems mark. I mean they literally haven't been able to mention Kareeems name for like 40 years without saying all time leading scorer next to it.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 07:12 PM
I think the thing you're confusing here op is the all time scoring record is perhaps the most hallowed ground in the sport as far as individual records go. It was always held in high regard but not really spoke of because it seemed unbreakable. I grew up believing no one would ever reach it if Mj couldn't. 10 consecutive scoring titles was a respected thing due to banter when Wilt was still living but I don't ever recall it getting the same reverence as Kareems mark. I mean they literally haven't been able to mention Kareeems name for like 40 years without saying all time leading scorer next to it.

Exactly.

Everyone knew who the all time scorer was.

Nobody gave a damn who the yearly scoring PPG leader was.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 07:12 PM
Yet allegedly, nobody cares about the narrative. But here you still are :lol

You made the thread genius. I am here to correct the Jordan record, nothing more, nothing less.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 07:14 PM

WNBA has articles written about it, has wikipedia page dedicated to it, has ESPN coverage of it on twitter.

And nobody gives a shit.

OP narrative got destroyed and dismantled.

Axe
02-08-2023, 07:20 PM
10 scoring titles of selfishness and ballhogging. :sleeping

SATAN
02-08-2023, 09:22 PM
If you don't care that's fine I can't debate what you care/don't care about. But you can't logically speak for others. All the major sports networks were talking about the scoring title chase last year, it was a popular topic around here as well, and when Embiid won it ESPN tweeted this out:

https://i.ibb.co/X8xxdjY/Capture.png

Not a single person on even ish gave a **** about any of that.

Even if my favorite player done it I wouldn't have cared much at all.

MJ stans logic. :oldlol:

theman93
02-08-2023, 09:34 PM

Not confused at all, you simply just didn’t even read the op. The topic has nothing to do with which record is more revered (which I’m happy to debate along with which record is harder to break), but how long until somebody breaks Jordan’s record.

theman93
02-08-2023, 09:35 PM
You made the thread genius. I am here to correct the Jordan record, nothing more, nothing less.

If you didn’t care you wouldn’t feel the need to correct it. Yet here you still are as we enter the night :lol

theman93
02-08-2023, 09:36 PM
Not a single person on even ish gave a **** about any of that.

Even if my favorite player done it I wouldn't have cared much at all.

MJ stans logic. :oldlol:

Yes they did lol. It was talked about daily on here almost a year ago to the date.