PDA

View Full Version : Affleck, Damon Headline "Air", Hollywood movie About Air Jordan's conception

Soundwave
02-13-2023, 12:42 PM
Was one of the big Superbowl trailers last night, Academy Award winners Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are joined by Chris Tucker to star in "Air" a biopic about Nike betting it all on a rookie NBA player named Michael Jordan in creating the Air Jordan brand which would forever change sports marketing and propel both Jordan and Nike to global superstardom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy4Yu6B3nU

Interesting how much fascination there is over a player who hasn't played an NBA game in like 20 years. I'm looking forward to seeing this, probably gonna bring out the sneaker heads.

Airupthere
02-13-2023, 12:54 PM
I have the Shoe Dog book at home. Will read it first before this one.

SATAN
02-13-2023, 10:04 PM
This sounds pretty lame tbh.

GimmeThat
02-14-2023, 05:06 AM
when the people who ignores everything of what Michael Jordan have to say, then say, we're going to tell your story for you, because what you've been saying, is wrong.

RRR3
02-14-2023, 05:36 AM
Why the hell would they make the movie about the goddamn shoe instead of MJ himself? :facepalm

GimmeThat
02-14-2023, 05:44 AM
Why the hell would they make the movie about the goddamn shoe instead of MJ himself? :facepalm

hrrrrrrrrrrrrr, made in America, hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sdot_thadon
02-14-2023, 09:50 AM
That timing though.

Airupthere
02-14-2023, 10:20 AM
That timing though.

Again, too much drama. MJ is not in this movie and is not about him. Lol at the "Maybe it's me" /victim mentality.

GimmeThat
02-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Lol at the "Maybe it's me" /victim mentality.

is that what you repeated to yourself when you were having sex with an animal

SouBeachTalents
02-14-2023, 10:29 AM
That just sounds incredibly uninteresting :lol

Though I was skeptical about Moneyball too and that turned out to be a great movie, though that was about a team at least.

Charlie Sheen
02-14-2023, 12:13 PM
Feels like Matt Damon has played a character like this a handful of times already. Doesnt really matter, Im still going to watch it 100% :lol

bullettooth
02-14-2023, 12:17 PM
Looks better than Space Jam 2.

Hey Yo
02-14-2023, 12:32 PM
Again, too much drama. MJ is not in this movie and is not about him. Lol at the "Maybe it's me" /victim mentality.

LOL at thinking the movie has nothing to do with MJ.

dumb

j3lademaster
02-14-2023, 12:36 PM
That just sounds incredibly uninteresting :lol

Though I was skeptical about Moneyball too and that turned out to be a great movie, though that was about a team at least.meh, McDonald’s sounded pretty uninteresting, and Founder turned out pretty decent.

nineiron
02-14-2023, 12:44 PM
can't wait for this

Jasper
02-15-2023, 11:09 AM
Was one of the big Superbowl trailers last night, Academy Award winners Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are joined by Chris Tucker to star in "Air" a biopic about Nike betting it all on a rookie NBA player named Michael Jordan in creating the Air Jordan brand which would forever change sports marketing and propel both Jordan and Nike to global superstardom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euy4Yu6B3nU

Interesting how much fascination there is over a player who hasn't played an NBA game in like 20 years. I'm looking forward to seeing this, probably gonna bring out the sneaker heads.

based on business for the bball world ... should be interesting.

jayfan
02-15-2023, 11:51 AM
A lot of spite & hate in this thread.

Why a movie about shoes?

Do you guys have any idea how enormous, on a global scale, the shoe/athletic shoe industry is? And this is the greatest story of that industry.

nineiron
02-15-2023, 12:44 PM

Why a movie about shoes?

Do you guys have any idea how enormous, on a global scale, the shoe/athletic shoe industry is? And this is the greatest story of that industry.

just a bunch of bran stans hating.

Airupthere
02-15-2023, 01:07 PM

Why a movie about shoes?

Branstans hating on anything remotely related to MJ, LOL

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2023, 01:18 PM
Branstans hating on anything remotely related to MJ, LOL
Do you really not think you do the exact same thing with LeBron :lol

nineiron
02-15-2023, 01:25 PM
Do you really not think you do the exact same thing with LeBron :lol

MJ didn't make this movie and is not the main or costarring actor.

SouBeachTalents
02-15-2023, 01:27 PM
MJ didn't make this movie and is not the main or costarring actor.
Exactly, which is why me saying it looks uninteresting shouldn't be seen as some kind of knock against him. A movie about a sneaker has zero appeal to me, whether it be about Jordan's sneaker or anybody else's. Ditto the Space Jam movies, regardless of who stars in them, LeBron, Jordan, they're shitty kids movies I also wouldn't want to watch.

nineiron
02-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Exactly, which is why me saying it looks uninteresting shouldn't be seen as some kind of knock against him. A movie about a sneaker has zero appeal to me, whether it be about Jordan's sneaker or anybody else's. Ditto the Space Jam movies, regardless of who stars in them, LeBron, Jordan, they're shitty kids movies I also wouldn't want to watch.

except this one has academy award winning actors.

Overdrive
02-15-2023, 01:43 PM
Trailer is pretty reminiscent of Ferrari vs Ford. Damon basically playing the same role again.

That said I really enjoyed that movie so I'll check this out. It not being about Jordan is a plus for me. We got bombarded with Jordan PR all day in the nineties. I've seen enough Jordan stories for several lifetimes.

meat
02-15-2023, 05:12 PM

So consider yourself "not the target audience". And move on.

nineiron
02-15-2023, 05:36 PM
So consider yourself "not the target audience". And move on.

don't mind him, he'll end up watching it. and liking it.

KNOW1EDGE
02-15-2023, 07:52 PM

The shoe isn’t the main character, the premise won’t be about a talking shoe.I mean, I would think there will be an actor playing the role of Michael Jordan in the movie. You can’t do a movie about air jordans without including Air Jordan himself.

They already did a movie about Michael Jordan’s life it’s called Space Jam.

Axe
02-15-2023, 08:00 PM
Will this be a failure just like the last dance documentary is?