02-16-2023, 02:21 AM
Nets got a superstar :pimp:

https://youtu.be/Q3Hyy8g7wUI

highwhey
02-16-2023, 02:27 AM
he's coming back to phx in 26

wagexslave
02-16-2023, 07:17 AM
I had a feeling the floodgates were gonna open for him now that he's on a team without a proven #1 scoring option. He's always been a great efficient mid volume scorer, but I expected that he would start to hit scoring numbers far beyond what we've seen from him in the past. I didn't quite expect to see him drop a 40 bomb so soon though! :bowdown::rockon::cheers: Good sh*t! And such amazing overall stats and efficiency for his first 40+ game too. Lets f*ckin go Mikal.

Now he finally has the green light to be a #1 scoring option for the first time in his NBA career. Ever since the Suns were injured to hell and back earlier this season, Mikal was the only one who never missed a game. And that was the first opportunity for him to test the waters... at first he was struggling with the pressure of having to carry the load, and it seemed like he was gonna "sink" instead of "swim", but like the true hooper he is, he just kept going out there and trying to learn from his mistakes and improve his offense trying to adjust to his new role, and he visibly started to get more comfortable with it every single game. Until eventually he was dropping 20+ nightly, at a consistency never even close to seen before in his career.

He has his share of off games like every player, but has such a winning mentality and work ethic, it's crazy. Even while trying to adjust to the new volume of scoring and shot creation expected from him, he still was putting a full effort on D every possession. And the motivation to never miss a single game in his entire career is so admirable. He's just a true hooper... it's no wonder he won 2 chips in college. And his positive humble likable personality makes him the perfect player to plug into any team and instantly become a fan favorite and a locker room glue guy.

Already miss him so much in Phoenix. Thank god we got KD in return to ease the pain, because I never would have been cool with the idea of trading him unless it was towards getting a top tier superstar. But he will always be loved by the Suns fanbase, we got a special spot for him in our hearts. He'll always be part of the Suns family and we'll be rooting for him to grow his game into the next level in Brooklyn. Happy for him, he deserves this chance to make the jump from being viewed as a luxury role player to a bonafide star.

Manny98
02-16-2023, 08:43 AM
Did I mention the 2 steals & 2 blocks whilst holding Butler to 4/11 :bowdown:

ImKobe
02-16-2023, 11:15 AM
Great trade for the Nets like I said. They're still a good team after the KD trade with a chance to make some noise in these POs. Bridges was putting 22/4/5 on great efficiency (48/37/90 splits) for the last 15 games in PHX prior to the trade.

FilmyCogTurner
02-16-2023, 12:58 PM
Bridges has become one of my favorite players in the league. Great all around skill set and doesn't play for stats.

RRR3
02-16-2023, 01:01 PM
Manny the Nazi coping hard. Nets are a joke.

tontoz
02-16-2023, 01:09 PM
Impressive display. Miami isn't a team that lets guys go off very often.

bison
02-16-2023, 01:26 PM

Manny is a cool black dude that you’re calling nazi. You are a weirdo. Nets have a good future.

MrFonzworth
02-16-2023, 03:44 PM

You wish you were black like Manny stfu soycuck

Manny98
02-16-2023, 04:36 PM
Seething :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 05:14 PM
Great trade for the Nets like I said. They're still a good team after the KD trade with a chance to make some noise in these POs. Bridges was putting 22/4/5 on great efficiency (48/37/90 splits) for the last 15 games in PHX prior to the trade.

He's not a superstar and never will be. They traded KD AND Irving and got ZERO superstars in return.

They're good enough to make the playoffs and lose early. They're in no man's land. Worst place to be.

Awful trades

Manny98
02-16-2023, 05:24 PM
He's not a superstar and never will be. They traded KD AND Irving and got ZERO superstars in return.

They're good enough to make the playoffs and lose early. They're in no man's land. Worst place to be.

Awful trades
Tied Kawhi's career high in his 3rd game as a Net
Plus he actually shows up for 82 games unlike the two part timers who are always injured at this point in their careers

Chances of the Suns big 3 being healthy is less than 50% and even if they were healthy they ain't winning shit with that defense

Nets will go further with Mikal than they ever did with KD & Kyrie

tontoz
02-16-2023, 05:50 PM
Plus he actually shows up for 82 games unlike the two part timers who are always injured at this point in their careers

Chances of the Suns big 3 being healthy is less than 50% and even if they were healthy they ain't winning shit with that defense

To be fair that isn't exactly a high bar :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 06:14 PM

Nets are in no man's land. Good enough to make the layoffs and be a 1st round exit, but not good enough to make a serious run.

Ben has the 2nd worst contract in the sport next to toody. Guy scored 5 points on a regular basis. :lol

They're ****ed. Phoenix is gonna win a couple rings. Negs traded two superstars for a bunch of role players. They're in the worst possible position to be in.

Manny98
02-16-2023, 06:22 PM
Phoenix ain't winning shit

No D, no depth and injury prone stars
Bridges is pretty much Kawhi level and he's not even peaked yet

Claxton is on pace to being a top 5 big in the league and Simmons will be back to all star level next year

Conference finals this year and NBA championship next year :applause:

Let's not forget the gold mine of picks we have now

Bronny James in Brooklyn??

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 06:32 PM
Phoenix ain't winning shit

No D, no depth and injury prone stars

Claxton is on pace to being a top 5 big in the league and Simmons will be back to all star level next year

Conference finals this year and NBA championship next year :applause:

Let's not forget the gold mine of picks we have now

Bronny James in Brooklyn??

Dude is 26 and hasn't cracked 20ppg :lol

Good role player tho. You guys have a bunch of good role players and no stars.

A team full of role players isn't winning ANY playoff series.

Such a shitty place to be... the PHO picks will be late 1st rounders too so can't pickup a superstar in the draft

Manny98
02-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Averaging 25 as a Net, no more Booker holding him back :applause:

SATAN
02-16-2023, 07:46 PM
Is Ben Simmons playing all star level yet?

Manny98
02-16-2023, 07:53 PM
Is Ben Simmons playing all star level yet?
He will next year once he has his athleticism back

tontoz
02-16-2023, 08:17 PM
Beal didn't average 20 ppg until year 5 and he got all the touches he could handle in his first 4 seasons.

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 09:46 PM
Beal didn't average 20 ppg until year 5 and he got all the touches he could handle in his first 4 seasons.

He was injury prone early in his career and much younger. By 26 he was averaging 30

Cringe take

tontoz
02-16-2023, 10:01 PM
He was injury prone early in his career and much younger. By 26 he was averaging 30

Cringe take

He wasn't injured that much. Even when he played 73 games he averaged 17. The wizards weren't a good team so Beal got all the minutes and touches he wanted.

Bridges has been playing on a good team with quality vets he hasn't had the freedom to shoot a lot the way Beal did.

Harden went from 17 ppg with OKC to 26 ppg in Houston in one season. Did he really get that much better or did his role change?

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 10:14 PM
He wasn't injured that much. Even when he played 73 games he averaged 17. The wizards weren't a good team so Beal got all the minutes and touches he wanted.

Bridges has been playing on a good team with quality vets he hasn't had the freedom to shoot a lot the way Beal did.

Harden went from 17 ppg with OKC to 26 ppg in Houston in one season. Did he really get that much better or did his role change?

Now you're comparing 21 yo Harden playing with KD/Russ to 26 year old bridges playing with Booker and near 40 Chris Paul who doesn't shoot a lot, and sets people up just about better than anyone in history.

Just stop.

Bridges isn't Harden or Beal. The comparisons are silly

He's 26 and couldn't muster more than 17ppg alongside the best pure post guard in the league and booker who is good off ball. Sad.

tontoz
02-16-2023, 10:36 PM
Now you're comparing 21 yo Harden playing with KD/Russ to 26 year old bridges playing with Booker and near 40 Chris Paul who doesn't shoot a lot, and sets people up just about better than anyone in history.

Just stop.

Bridges isn't Harden or Beal. The comparisons are silly

He's 26 and couldn't muster more than 17ppg alongside the best pure post guard in the league and booker who is good off ball. Sad.

Age isn't as important as experience. This is his 5th season in the NBA. Beal and kawhi didn't break 20 ppg until year 5. Harden didn't break out until he changed teams.

The Suns have 6 guys averaging double figures. He wasn't going to get as many touches there as he will with the nets. He might end up being their number one option.

Jeremiah Grant didn't even average 10 ppg until year 5. Now he is averaging double that with career best efficiency. Role matters.

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 10:42 PM
Age isn't as important as experience. This is his 5th season in the NBA. Beal and kawhi didn't break 20 ppg until year 5. Harden didn't break out until he changed teams.

The Suns have 6 guys averaging double figures. He wasn't going to get as many touches there as he will with the nets. He might end up being their number one option.

Jeremiah Grant didn't even average 10 ppg until year 5. Now he is averaging double that with career best efficiency. Role matters.

I never said role doesnt matter. He's probably gonna average more points on the Nets. But he's not remotely close to Harden or Beal. And if he was close to them he'd have averaged 25+ next to CP3. but he wasnt.... because he's not that good

tontoz
02-16-2023, 10:54 PM
I never said role doesnt matter. He's probably gonna average more points on the Nets. But he's not remotely close to Harden or Beal. And if he was close to them he'd have averaged 25+ next to CP3. but he wasnt.... because he's not that good

No wizards fan ever thought Beal would average 30 ppg. He was terrible on the pick and roll, one of the worst in the league actually. He loved mid-range jumpers which he sucked at actually making. He was gunshy about taking it to the basket after getting punkd over and over trying to dunk, getting hurt a few times.

He just got better. Players aren't going to improve a lot just shooting catch and shoot 3s or cutting off the ball which has been his role with the Suns.

AlternativeAcc.
02-16-2023, 11:25 PM
No wizards fan ever thought Beal would average 30 ppg. He was terrible on the pick and roll, one of the worst in the league actually. He loved mid-range jumpers which he sucked at actually making. He was gunshy about taking it to the basket after getting punkd over and over trying to dunk, getting hurt a few times.

He just got better. Players aren't going to improve a lot just shooting catch and shoot 3s or cutting off the ball which has been his role with the Suns.
Beal also came into the league at like 19.

Bridges had 4 years of college and came at 22. Age absolutely matters.

Nets have the same amount of double digit scorers as the Suns. Bridges just isn't remotely as good as Harden or Beal and never will be. Everybody knew Beal had star potential. Bridges is a literal role player.

ImKobe
02-17-2023, 07:16 AM

Awful trades

He's not a superstar but he's a great 2-way player. Nets have a lot of potential defensively.

They'll most likely finish in the 4-6 seed range. I'd give them a chance against Philly, Cleveland or Miami.

tontoz
02-17-2023, 09:11 AM
Beal also came into the league at like 19.

Bridges had 4 years of college and came at 22. Age absolutely matters.

Nets have the same amount of double digit scorers as the Suns. Bridges just isn't remotely as good as Harden or Beal and never will be. Everybody knew Beal had star potential. Bridges is a literal role player.

Bridges only scored 30 once with the Suns in his career with 34. Then he drops 45 in his 3rd game as a Net. Do you really think that is just coincidence?

:facepalm

SATAN
03-03-2023, 04:01 AM

This is one of the craziest hot takes of all time tbh

Manny98
03-04-2023, 05:52 AM
This is one of the craziest hot takes of all time tbh

https://youtu.be/w3jL05hiYaE

Charlie Sheen
03-04-2023, 12:28 PM
I know this is a Bridges thread but how you liking Cam manny? I loved the way that dude plays since he came into the league. His athleticism and burst is deceptive.. he makes a living off making defenders pay who dont respect his ability to get by and go over them. He aint just a shooter.

tontoz
03-04-2023, 12:44 PM
Through 8 games with the nets he is averaging 25 ppg with a 67% TS. :bowdown:

AlternativeAcc.
03-04-2023, 12:46 PM

But you'll dismiss a 19 game sample in the playoffs :roll:

Manny98
03-04-2023, 12:52 PM
I know this is a Bridges thread but how you liking Cam manny? I loved the way that dude plays since he came into the league. His athleticism and burst is deceptive.. he makes a living off making defenders pay who dont respect his ability to get by and go over them. He aint just a shooter.

Already one of the best scorers in the league, but he won't last long in this league if he doesn't work on the other areas of his game, and learns how to score within the flow of the offense and play defense

tontoz
03-04-2023, 12:53 PM
But you'll dismiss a 19 game sample in the playoffs :roll:

I pointed out the 8 games to put it in context. Might be just a hot streak, or it could be the start of something more.

And of course he is doing it in front of crowds, not empty seats.

Murray's bubble performance was clearly a hot streak because it was an outlier to the rest of his career.

Manny98
03-04-2023, 12:53 PM
:bowdown:

tontoz
03-04-2023, 01:16 PM
I didn't realize Bridges had that much game off the dribble.

Charlie Sheen
03-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Already one of the best scorers in the league, but he won't last long in this league if he doesn't work on the other areas of his game, and learns how to score within the flow of the offense and play defense

He has more value to a contending team because of what you said. When his role increased it brought all the things he does not do well to the surface. He benefits from the structure of being a role player

Manny98
03-05-2023, 10:58 PM
A light 33 tonight for Bridges :banana:

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMzFlMjM1ZWM1YmUwYzRmOWJmOTljODd kNGUwMmY3NDE4OGYxNTVhZiZjdD1n/TkK2EkahP1aFM0mrim/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Proctor
03-05-2023, 11:10 PM
Most underrated player in the league and certainly one of the most valuable. He's not a superstar but you really can't craft a better team player.

NBAGOAT
03-05-2023, 11:32 PM
Was kind of waiting for a big offseason trade with him with like Memphis but he might be untradeable now

highwhey
03-05-2023, 11:44 PM
Was kind of waiting for a big offseason trade with him with like Memphis but he might be untradeable now

i am hoping he remembers Phoenix and comes back home.

SATAN
03-06-2023, 12:13 AM
Chucking on a team full of scrubs. Good role player on a contender.

Manny98
03-06-2023, 12:16 AM
Chucking on a team full of scrubs. Good role player on a contender.

Chucking? his scoring efficiency has been KD like, has one of the smoothest jumpers in the entire league

SATAN
03-06-2023, 12:18 AM
8 games isn't enough.

Manny98
03-06-2023, 12:20 AM
8 games isn't enough.

He's been playing at a superstar level ever since Booker got injured and missed 18 games

SATAN
03-06-2023, 12:38 AM
He's been playing at a superstar level ever since Booker got injured and missed 18 games

Does it make him better than prime Kawhi Leonard?

Really?

Manny98
03-06-2023, 07:31 AM
Didn't say he was better, but ever as a 1st option his level of play is reminiscent to some of the best wings in the game the past decade like Kawhi and PG

1987_Lakers
03-08-2023, 02:24 AM
Another 30 point night.

I don't think he will ever reach Kawhi Leonard, but the similarities between the two are there in terms of overall play and how they went from role players to potential game changers.

There is a reason why a team offered 4 first round picks for him.

Manny98
03-11-2023, 01:56 AM
A light 34 tonight in a OT win on the road :applause:

RRR3
03-11-2023, 02:57 AM
Another 30 point night.

I don't think he will ever reach Kawhi Leonard, but the similarities between the two are there in terms of overall play and how they went from role players to potential game changers.

There is a reason why a team offered 4 first round picks for him.
He will absolutely never be as good as Kawhi but the fact that he's capable of the numbers he's putting up makes the Suns look pretty ****ing stupid for using him like he was Harrison Barnes.

AirBonner
03-11-2023, 03:34 AM
Bridges and Kawhi have the same career high

Manny98
03-11-2023, 04:26 AM
Bridges and Kawhi have the same career high

Bridges can do everything that Kawhi can do on the basketball court whilst being 100x more durable

Axe
03-11-2023, 04:36 AM
Bridges can do everything that Kawhi can do on the basketball court whilst being 100x more durable
But kawhi during the playoffs before covid came was different tho.

Manny98
03-26-2023, 06:58 PM
Going for another 40 piece vs the Magic

tontoz
03-26-2023, 10:23 PM
Bridges was 6-9 from 3, the rest of the team 2-24. Ouch

tontoz
03-31-2023, 09:15 PM
33 through 3 quarters :applause:

Proctor
03-31-2023, 09:38 PM
The guy is an absolute stud and dream player for any team

Manny98
03-31-2023, 09:55 PM
Bridges is our franchise player

https://i.postimg.cc/rsn4Sgp3/Screenshot-2023-04-01-02-54-31-98-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2023, 10:01 PM
Long term it would be funny if Nets benefitted from Irving and Durant leaving.

Axe
04-01-2023, 12:18 AM
Bringing in kat to his new team someday may help him.

AirBonner
04-01-2023, 12:52 AM
Bridges has good potential. I think nets got their guy

Manny98
04-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Mikal "Ironman" Bridges on pace to play 83 games this season

Most durable star in the league :applause:

tontoz
04-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Bridges is our franchise player

https://i.postimg.cc/rsn4Sgp3/Screenshot-2023-04-01-02-54-31-98-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That's embarrassing :oldlol:

Manny98
04-04-2023, 05:44 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/26MBXHP9/Fs0-Bh-JHX0-AAy-QLb.jpg

tontoz
04-04-2023, 06:14 PM
:applause:

Listening to Eddie Johnson on NBA radio right now talking about Bridges. Obviously Eddie watches all the Suns games and he didn't see this coming at all.