PDA

View Full Version : Booker is the most one dimensional star in the league

Vino24
02-17-2023, 01:50 AM
Guy can’t dribble or shoot unless it’s set up. He’s basically Klay Thompson as a first option but worse at shooting

kawhileonard2
02-17-2023, 01:53 AM
Devin Booker Vs Lebron James - who is better currently?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493982-Devin-Booker-Vs-Lebron-James-who-is-better-currently

Devin Booker put up 47 his playoff career high on Lebron .....
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

Lebron stacking the deck in 2022 because he is afraid of Devin Booker
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496549-Lebron-stacking-the-deck-in-2022-because-he-is-afraid-of-Devin-Booker

Devin Booker broke Lebron
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500264-Devin-Booker-broke-Lebron&p=14500724

wagexslave
02-17-2023, 02:20 AM
Are you basing this off of watching him play 1 game in which he just recently came back from the longest injury of his career and clearly isn't quite back to 100% yet?

bison
02-17-2023, 03:01 AM
Booker is a loser and one shot cheap trick. Most of Arizona wants to be LA and they got fat people to prove it.

TAZORAC
02-17-2023, 02:02 PM
Guy can’t dribble or shoot unless it’s set up. He’s basically Klay Thompson as a first option but worse at shooting

You must not watch Phoenix too often. He can take you off the dribble, shoot set shots and take you to the basket. He's better then Klay Thompson.

tontoz
02-17-2023, 02:07 PM
Booker can shoot off the dribble routinely and has done so for years. His 3 point shooting is just ok. Not very similar to Klay other than size and skin color lol.

HoopologyPhD
02-17-2023, 02:09 PM
Agreed, at least LaTrine plays a bit of defense and can dunk nice.

Manny98
02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
OP showing that he doesn't watch basketball games as Booker plays nothing like Klay :facepalm

Kblaze8855
02-17-2023, 05:48 PM
Booker is one of the short list of guys who have a bit of a midrange bag these days.

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2023, 05:55 PM
he absolutely can shoot without it being a set up. he has a solid dribbling game and post game and what kblaze said.

hes an absolutely potent scoring machine, kobe 2.0.

wagexslave
02-17-2023, 06:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqmBFsD3kC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ts_ehxbUAw

Both of these games are from this season before he got injured. And he had the Suns tied for #1 seed in west despite multiple other starters injured. 51 points in 3 quarters played vs Bulls(20/25 fg)... decent chance he could have dropped 70+ pts on insane efficiency if they played him in the 4th quarter. 58 points(21/35) and the 20+ point comeback W vs Pelicans with Zion.

CP3 was out in both of these games if I recall too. Idk I'm just watching these highlights and struggling to find all these spot up shooting plays you're talking about.

kawhileonard2
02-17-2023, 06:41 PM
Booker is a loser and one shot cheap trick. Most of Arizona wants to be LA and they got fat people to prove it.

Booker broke Lebron several times.

PeroAntic
02-17-2023, 06:50 PM
Lavine is easily better SG than booker. Better 3pt shooter, faster down the court and better at the rim.

kawhileonard2
02-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Lavine is easily better SG than booker. Better 3pt shooter, faster down the court and better at the rim.

Booker broke Lebron. Lavine can’t get out of round 1

wagexslave
02-17-2023, 09:20 PM

Before Booker got injured this year he had his team tied for #1 seed, despite multiple other starters being out with injuries like CP3, Cam Johnson(and Jae Crowder not playing the whole season due to being butthurt he lost his starting job to Cam J).

Lavine has been healthy pretty much all season and the Bulls are struggling to make the play-in. Despite having Derozan on his team who is a better player than any teammate Booker has had in his career(until KD takes the court for the Suns). The highest PPG scorer D Book has ever had on his team before this was literally Eric f*cking Bledsoe.

Just look at their on/off stats and the difference in impact is ridiculous. Lavine's impact (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lavinza01/on-off/2023) isn't even remotely close to Bookers impact (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bookede01/on-off/2023).

It's no surprise that D Book smoked Lavine for 51 points in just 3 quarters this season before resting the entire 4th because it was a blowout.

AlternativeAcc.
02-17-2023, 10:18 PM
That distinction goes to Curry who is worse than Booker at everything outside of shooting, and has a losing record with the most stacked team in the league by far.

Axe
02-17-2023, 10:22 PM
That distinction goes to Curry who is worse than Booker at everything outside of shooting, and has a losing record with the most stacked team in the league by far.
Lol

SATAN
02-17-2023, 10:23 PM
I don't like Booker but he's not one dimensional at all.

highwhey
02-17-2023, 10:47 PM

:applause: i came to post this

PeroAntic
02-18-2023, 10:32 AM
Before Booker got injured this year he had his team tied for #1 seed, despite multiple other starters being out with injuries like CP3, Cam Johnson(and Jae Crowder not playing the whole season due to being butthurt he lost his starting job to Cam J).

Lavine has been healthy pretty much all season and the Bulls are struggling to make the play-in. Despite having Derozan on his team who is a better player than any teammate Booker has had in his career(until KD takes the court for the Suns). The highest PPG scorer D Book has ever had on his team before this was literally Eric f*cking Bledsoe.

Just look at their on/off stats and the difference in impact is ridiculous. Lavine's impact (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lavinza01/on-off/2023) isn't even remotely close to Bookers impact (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bookede01/on-off/2023).

It's no surprise that D Book smoked Lavine for 51 points in just 3 quarters this season before resting the entire 4th because it was a blowout.

Are you freaking serious. Booker plays alongside one of the GOAT pointguards, infinitely better than Derozan :biggums:

and gtfo with stats outside of context, Lavine had surgery in the off season and hes been fishing for a trade to LA so hes not been at his best.

Anyone who cant see that Lavine is faster down the court, better rim finisher, better three point shooter oh AND better ball handler is blind.

tontoz
02-18-2023, 10:51 AM

You just had to bring up your daddy. How many of your daddy's teammates made the all-star game?

wagexslave
02-18-2023, 11:03 AM
Are you freaking serious. Booker plays alongside one of the GOAT pointguards, infinitely better than Derozan :biggums:

and gtfo with stats outside of context, Lavine had surgery in the off season and hes been fishing for a trade to LA so hes not been at his best.

Anyone who cant see that Lavine is faster down the court, better rim finisher, better three point shooter oh AND better ball handler is blind.

Funny how I distinctly remember Bulls fans cheering Derozan to win the MVP at times when they were winning and not Lavine. Meanwhile Book has been amazing at still keeping the team winning games damn near every time CP3 has got injured, including in the playoffs winning back to back WCF games with CP3 sitting out with injury. Lavine's still not been at his best 50+ games into the season? Jeez. Maybe its time to start wondering if he will ever be at his best again.

Btw I'd love to know how Lavine missing the play-in and getting cooked for 51 on 20-25 in 3 quarters by someone who he's supposed to be better than is helping him fish a trade to LA?

Reality is Zach is definitely more athletic, and a slightly more consistent 3pt shooter, and that's about all he has. He's a much worse mid range scorer, much worse defender, worse passer, much worse franchise cornerstone+teammate in general especially if he's "fishing a trade out", has been more injury prone, has worse impact on team's success, still has almost 0 playoff experience, etc.

You can keep him, 0 chance in hell I'd trade Book for him.

bison
02-18-2023, 11:12 AM
Booker has one of the best skill sets that make his shot creation elite. But the one thing that separates him from other shooting guards is that he has the Mamba mentality, which features the highly coveted clutch gene. KD will benefit from playing behind an alpha like Booker. Worked for KD similarly when he played behind Curry. Betas benefit from working with alphas and vice versa.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2023, 11:20 AM
I can see what OP is saying. When Booker's shot is not falling he can be pretty ineffective out there. His defense is nothing to brag about and he isn't much of a playmaker.

I prefer Mitchell. Better at attacking the rim & better playoff performer.

tontoz
02-18-2023, 11:23 AM
I think Lavine needs to win at least one playoff game before being compared to Booker.:oldlol:

This is Zach's 9th season and he has made the All Star game twice. :sleeping

PP34Deuce
02-18-2023, 03:05 PM
Booker is not dynamic personality wise but man can he score and is fundamental.

He's a 1b scoring option mire than 1a.

BigKobeFan
02-18-2023, 03:07 PM
Booker dont want brans shoes

AlternativeAcc.
02-18-2023, 04:30 PM
You just had to bring up your daddy. How many of your daddy's teammates made the all-star game?

They're literally more loaded than last year. Sleeping on them again like you did last year? :oldlol:

You don't know ball

PeroAntic
02-18-2023, 04:42 PM
Funny how I distinctly remember Bulls fans cheering Derozan to win the MVP at times when they were winning and not Lavine. Meanwhile Book has been amazing at still keeping the team winning games damn near every time CP3 has got injured, including in the playoffs winning back to back WCF games with CP3 sitting out with injury. Lavine's still not been at his best 50+ games into the season? Jeez. Maybe its time to start wondering if he will ever be at his best again.

Btw I'd love to know how Lavine missing the play-in and getting cooked for 51 on 20-25 in 3 quarters by someone who he's supposed to be better than is helping him fish a trade to LA?

Reality is Zach is definitely more athletic, and a slightly more consistent 3pt shooter, and that's about all he has. He's a much worse mid range scorer, much worse defender, worse passer, much worse franchise cornerstone+teammate in general especially if he's "fishing a trade out", has been more injury prone, has worse impact on team's success, still has almost 0 playoff experience, etc.

You can keep him, 0 chance in hell I'd trade Book for him.

lol Lavine taking a back seat to Derozan because hes twice the player he is off the ball is actually an indicator of being a great teammate. Its not his fault the Bulls are ass. Put Booker on the Bulls and hed be the same or worse.

Also saying Lavine is a worse defender, let alone much worse defender than Booker must be a joke.

PeroAntic
02-18-2023, 04:55 PM
I think Lavine needs to win at least one playoff game before being compared to Booker.:oldlol:

This is Zach's 9th season and he has made the All Star game twice. :sleeping

Teams win playoff games not players. And All star games mean nothing especially today when the players left out of the rosters are just as good as those in. Lavine was pretty raw when he came in the league and then had two ACL tears afaik

AlternativeAcc.
02-18-2023, 05:11 PM
Inverse PeroAntic makes you 99% more correct than any paid analyst

If you struggle with takes, just inverse Pero. Amazingly successful

PeroAntic
02-18-2023, 06:01 PM

:oldlol:

typical braindead bronie struggling to process any information that doesnt fit his simple schematic.

tontoz
02-18-2023, 07:02 PM
Teams win playoff games not players. And All star games mean nothing especially today when the players left out of the rosters are just as good as those in. Lavine was pretty raw when he came in the league and then had two ACL tears afaik

Yeah teams win playoff games, or should I say teams that Lavine isn't on win playoff games

This is his 9th season. I wonder how many franchises haven't won a single playoff game in 9 seasons. Not many I would think.

kawhileonard2
02-18-2023, 10:57 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493982-Devin-Booker-Vs-Lebron-James-who-is-better-currently

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496549-Lebron-stacking-the-deck-in-2022-because-he-is-afraid-of-Devin-Booker

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500264-Devin-Booker-broke-Lebron&p=14500724

Guys!

Jasper
02-19-2023, 11:47 AM
You must not watch Phoenix too often. He can take you off the dribble, shoot set shots and take you to the basket. He's better then Klay Thompson.

I agree... but Klay's defense is far superior over Books

kawhileonard2
03-05-2023, 06:23 PM

Booker broke Lebron soo hard that Lebron started faking an injury

ArbitraryWater
03-05-2023, 06:24 PM

:roll:

AirBonner
04-18-2023, 02:33 PM
Interesting

kawhileonard2
04-18-2023, 08:44 PM

Guys!!!

kawhileonard2
05-07-2023, 09:51 PM
Interesting

Dude has been killing it

tontoz
05-07-2023, 10:13 PM

OP your thread isn't aging well

wagexslave
05-07-2023, 11:48 PM

My guy, quick question... are you still taking Zach Lavine over D Book? :hammerhead:

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2023, 06:38 AM
he absolutely can shoot without it being a set up. he has a solid dribbling game and post game and what kblaze said.

here we have arbitrarywater, being right as always.

warriorfan
05-08-2023, 08:05 AM

here we have arbitrarywater, being right as always.

it took you 7+ years to figure out devin booker can create his own shot off the dribble

wow, nice man

highwhey
05-08-2023, 10:39 AM
it took you 7+ years to figure out devin booker can create his own shot off the dribble

wow, nice man

:roll:

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2023, 11:54 AM

wow, nice man

Refering to the last line there buddy

warriorfan
05-08-2023, 12:04 PM
Refering to the last line there buddy

Waiting for your next hot take. Maybe Harden likes to use step backs? Or Curry is a great 3 point shooter? :lol

tontoz
05-08-2023, 01:30 PM
My guy, quick question... are you still taking Zach Lavine over D Book? :hammerhead:

I think I can answer for him.

'Absolutely! Booker is just going off because he has KD taking away all the defensive attention. Look at what Lavine has to deal with, plus he's been hurt. Swap out Lavine and booker this year the suns have a higher seed and the.bulls are worse'

Not even joking he says stuff like that.

GreatHILL
05-08-2023, 02:20 PM

I think I can answer for him.

'Absolutely! Booker is just going off because he has KD taking away all the defensive attention. Look at what Lavine has to deal with, plus he's been hurt. Swap out Lavine and booker this year the suns have a higher seed and the.bulls are worse'

Not even joking he says stuff like that.

there is only one thing where lavine is better than book and thats the dunking the ball thats hit.

tontoz
05-08-2023, 02:27 PM
there is only one thing where lavine is better than book and thats the dunking the ball thats hit.

Yeah Lavine looks like an empty stats player to me. He's won 1 playoff game in his career. Booker made the finals as the 1st option. That actually happened so Lavine shouldn't be compared to him.

BarberSchool
05-09-2023, 12:09 AM
But scoring is the single most important dimension in the game.

And he can run a little PNR as a passer too.

kawhileonard2
06-07-2023, 09:19 PM
This is the same guy who broke Lebron

FultzNationRISE
06-07-2023, 09:21 PM
Booker’s progress as an all around player was very impressive these playoffs, and probably part of the impetus for releasing Chris Fall.

That said, he DID NOT break Lebron.

WhiteKyrie
06-07-2023, 11:07 PM
A lot of them are. 2 dimensional ones are obviously superior. But the 3 dimensional ones can usually play defense and they’re the best of the best.

kawhileonard2
06-07-2023, 11:53 PM
Booker’s progress as an all around player was very impressive these playoffs, and probably part of the impetus for releasing Chris Fall.

That said, he DID NOT break Lebron.

Put 47 on him his career high.