PDA

View Full Version : After Bison's racist meltdown and seeing this racist thing in the celebrity game

1987_Lakers
02-18-2023, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Bison is from Utah.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpNhInYagAAT1iE?format=jpg&name=large

Xiao Yao You
02-18-2023, 11:41 AM
:facepalm

meat
02-18-2023, 12:07 PM
Xiao why do you live there and support this team?

bison
02-18-2023, 12:31 PM
Been to Salt Lake City few times. Mormons are some of the nicest, friendliest people you will meet. This kind of civility seems to piss off certain people.

highwhey
02-18-2023, 12:44 PM
that was such an incredibly disturbing meltdown too. just multiple posts in a row spewing racist hatred fueled by incel rage. poor guy, i hope he seeks help from a mental health professional immediately.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2023, 12:54 PM
Been to Salt Lake City few times. Mormons are some of the nicest, friendliest people you will meet. This kind of civility seems to piss off certain people.

https://media.tenor.com/es6uI8f-oecAAAAC/stone-cold-steve-austin-middle-finger.gif

https://media.tenor.com/a5Ba64OoEjgAAAAC/stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

Full Court
02-18-2023, 12:59 PM
OP and Bison are both very low quality posters.

ArbitraryWater
02-18-2023, 01:36 PM
how is that racism?

RRR3
02-18-2023, 03:48 PM
how is that racism?

Arby at it again.

ArbitraryWater
02-18-2023, 05:02 PM

Arby at it again.

an Asian looks ike an Asian is racism?

Are you retarded?

How woud you describe that person in a poice sketch? eave out the word asian? :oldlol:

RRR3
02-18-2023, 05:04 PM
Bro they look NOTHING alike. Literally everyone else in the thread sees that. How are you this stupid?

warriorfan
02-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Bro they look NOTHING alike. Literally everyone else in the thread sees that. How are you this stupid?

They have the same eyes

AlternativeAcc.
02-18-2023, 05:06 PM
an Asian looks ike an Asian is racism?

Are you retarded?

How woud you describe that person in a poice sketch? eave out the word asian? :oldlol:

Asians can tell the difference. One of my cousins married a Korean lady and she described to me how easily she can tell the difference between korean, chinese, japanese, etc. even though non-asians usually can't.

But the guys in the OP have completely different facial features lol. One looks like a Chad and the other looks like a nerdy door dasher/computer geek

bison
02-18-2023, 05:28 PM
how is that racism?

It’s not. They do this for ALL races. These crowd look alikes they do at arenas during timeouts half the time never show two people who actually look that much like each other. But it’s always people of the same race. They show a black player and a black audience, or a white player and white member audience because ethnicity is probably the most obvious visual reference point when comparing people. Not sure what this simu liu is but hurt about. Most likely indoctrinated by his Hollywood friends to get outraged at every little harmless thing.

ArbitraryWater
02-18-2023, 06:02 PM

Again, how is that racism?

How is the woke this ingrained into you?

Just on the basis of them being Asian, they look more aike than any white or back person would to either of them.

Its such a simple concept.

Everyone in this thread? Bruh no one has said anything :oldlol:

Hey Yo
02-18-2023, 06:15 PM
So if a white dude is shown for a look a like white celebrity.... that would be considered racism if there were few similarities??

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 07:18 PM
Same face shape, hair color, eyebrows, and eyes. A computer program - which Im pretty sure they use for these arena lookalike things - would def see similarities and match them. If they had a similar haircut the comparison would be much clearer. I highly doubt some human said “omg all teh azns look alike teehee.” It was software that considered these dudes a match.

How anyone could read “racism” into this is beyond me.

tontoz
02-18-2023, 07:28 PM
Bison did go on quite a rampage against LeBron23 which seemed completely unprovoked and extreme.

SATAN
02-18-2023, 08:02 PM
Some extremely low caliber human beings post on this forum.

Some of the dumbest I've ever seen.

They are all white btw...

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 08:05 PM
It’s not even close lol and Asian people get told all the time they all look the same. Think multiple races get told that but it might be most common with Asians. White people don’t get that in America but if this happened in say another country with two white people at a sporting event, yes it be considered racist

Axe
02-18-2023, 08:10 PM
I don't think indians and mongolians visually look like the same or similar. Those two are also asians if people are going to use the term exclusively.

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 08:19 PM
It’s not even close lol and Asian people get told all the time they all look the same. Think multiple races get told that but it might be most common with Asians. White people don’t get that in America but if this happened in say another country with two white people at a sporting event, yes it be considered racist

People are going to have lookalikes who are... from the same race as them :hammerhead:

Also there arent many famous Asians in the US. So if they pick that kid out of the crowd and match him with the closest celeb a search engine comes up with, is someone supposed to override it and say "NO! Asians dont get to be in the jumbotron lookalike thing!"

Then you'd be claiming it's racist Asians never get shown on the Lookalike Cam.

This is the kind of thing people who are useless and not good at anything leverage to feel important. See: SATAN/RRR3.

SATAN
02-18-2023, 08:22 PM
I knew he would take offense when I pointed out the obvious. :oldlol:

Too easy. :pimp:

SATAN
02-18-2023, 08:23 PM
People are going to have lookalikes who are... from the same race as them :hammerhead:

It's true:

https://tinypic.host/images/2023/01/31/300710476_105161302324762_3879661721216896477_n.jp g

https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/brendan-fraser-in-the-whale.jpg

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 08:27 PM
Some extremely low caliber human beings post on this forum.

Some of the dumbest I've ever seen.

They are all white btw...

This dude out here talkin bout “caliber of human being” when he’s the CONSENSUS lowest caliber person on the board :lol

SATAN
02-18-2023, 08:28 PM
:sleeping

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 08:41 PM

Also there arent many famous Asians in the US. So if they pick that kid out of the crowd and match him with the closest celeb a search engine comes up with, is someone supposed to override it and say "NO! Asians dont get to be in the jumbotron lookalike thing!"

Then you'd be claiming it's racist Asians never get shown on the Lookalike Cam.

This is the kind of thing people who are useless and not good at anything leverage to feel important. See: SATAN/RRR3.

Yes you don’t do the lookalike thing if no one in the crowd comes completely close. This kid wasn’t close at all besides being the same race. Lookalikes ofc usually come from the same race but ofc in these contests usually there is some resemblance too.

I don’t think it’s a huge huge deal but I do know it’s a big issue that azn people get told they all look alike and yea ik azn people who would be slightly offended by this. Simu called it out himself

Axe
02-18-2023, 08:44 PM
It's true:

https://tinypic.host/images/2023/01/31/300710476_105161302324762_3879661721216896477_n.jp g

https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/brendan-fraser-in-the-whale.jpg
:milton

Xiao Yao You
02-18-2023, 08:58 PM
Asians can tell the difference. One of my cousins married a Korean lady and she described to me how easily she can tell the difference between korean, chinese, japanese, etc. even though non-asians usually can't.

But the guys in the OP have completely different facial features lol. One looks like a Chad and the other looks like a nerdy door dasher/computer geek

it's not that easy. China has 56 ethnic groups. A lot of them you wouldn't think were Chinese if you saw them

Spurs m8
02-18-2023, 09:01 PM
So if you don't do it, you're excluding them and non-inclusive.

If you do it...you're racist.

Imagine being privileged enough to be outraged over such tripe...or brainwashed enough

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 09:01 PM
Yes you don’t do the lookalike thing if no one in the crowd comes completely close. This kid wasn’t close at all besides being the same race. Lookalikes ofc usually come from the same race but ofc in these contests usually there is some resemblance too.

I don’t think it’s a huge huge deal but I do know it’s a big issue that azn people get told they all look alike and yea ik azn people who would be slightly offended by this. Simu called it out himself

:biggums:

They have the same face shape, eyebrows, hair color, ears, eyes and skin tone.

The main difference is hairstyle and glasses. Computer software tend to focus on facial traits. It’s not remotely a stretch they would get matched.

If you cant see the similarities you probably just dont perceive detail well. Which is ok. Some people have better perception than others.

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 09:06 PM
Also… who the hell IS Simu Liu??

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 09:08 PM
:biggums:

They have the same face shape, eyebrows, hair color, ears, eyes and skin tone.

The main difference is hairstyle and glasses. Computer software tend to focus on facial traits. It’s not remotely a stretch they would get matched.

If you cant see the similarities you probably just dont perceive detail well. Which is ok. Some people have better perception than others.

Most of the features you described are just features of being Asian lol. Simu thought it was “not cool” he’s the celebrity in this lookalike contest so I’ll give more credit to his opinion about someone else not looking like him compared to a 3rd person lol.

Edit: and people should check Reddit thread on this topic. Amount of stories of Asian people being told they look like Bruce lee or Jackie Chan is comical. It be a bit different if this was an ethnically homogeneous country and people said this stuff to a person of another race though still slightly racist(like any bald white guy being told he looks like Bruce Willis in China) but this is the US

warriorfan
02-18-2023, 09:12 PM
Most of the features you described are just features of being Asian lol. Simu thought it was “not cool” he’s the celebrity in this lookalike contest so I’ll give more credit to his opinion about someone else not looking like him compared to a 3rd person lol.

This guy’s agent or publicist probably told him he should act upset and run with it. And it worked. Never heard of him before any of this stuff.

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 09:14 PM
This guy’s agent or publicist probably told him he should act upset and run with it. And it worked. Never heard of him before any of this stuff.

Naw he’s been huge on fighting Asian stereotypes ever since he got semi famous.

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 09:15 PM

Actually the better you know someone (in this case, himself) the less you tend to see a comparison with others.

Again, this was almost certainly a computer generated comparison.

It’s absolutely shameless to cry ‘racism’ about this tbh. But oh well, it is what it is, if ppl wanna cry let em.

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 09:19 PM
Naw he’s been huge on fighting Asian stereotypes ever since he got semi famous.

Simu Liu (/ˈsimu ˈlijuː/ SEE-moo LEE-ew;[2] Chinese: 刘思慕; born 19 April 1989) is a Canadian actor. He is known for portraying Shang-Chi in the 2021 Marvel Cinematic Universe film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. He also played Jung Kim in the CBC Television sitcom Kim's Convenience

:roll:

Guess he’s okay advancing stereotypes when it comes with a royalty check :roll:

bison
02-18-2023, 09:30 PM

:lebronamazed:

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 09:55 PM

How do these roles advance stereotypes? Shang chi is a damn comics character(azn in the comics too) and having an azn name doesn’t further any stereotypes either.

warriorfan
02-18-2023, 10:18 PM
How do these roles advance stereotypes? Shang chi is a damn comics character(azn in the comics too) and having an azn name doesn’t further any stereotypes either.

He played in a series about Koreans owning corner stores which is one of the biggest stereotypes around. And on top of that he isn’t even Korean. :lol

FultzNationRISE
02-18-2023, 10:58 PM
He played in a series about Koreans owning corner stores which is one of the biggest stereotypes around. And on top of that he isn’t even Korean. :lol

Yup.

Why does this dude only do roles that are defined by being Asian??

He's from Canada, why can't he just play a character named Bill, or Carl, whose identity has nothing to do with his Asian ancestry??

Like he only plays characters where the focus is on the fact theyre Asian??

And then he's gonna complain when an he gets compared to another Asian guy :roll:

NBAGOAT
02-18-2023, 11:21 PM

You haven’t looked into the show. That show is pretty well known for going against stereotypes and what’s your point about a Chinese guy playing a Korean? That by itself isn’t racist unless he was butchering the Korean language and happens all the time in Hollywood. A Jewish guy played hector Salamanca though that actually affected the show, his Spanish was bad.

As for fultz having an azn sounding name doesn’t mean his characters identity was just being Asian. You haven’t done research either. And yea no matter how westernized you are you can’t really have an American last name unless you were adopted or married someone. Getting compared to another azn is fine but getting compared by appearance when there is little resemblance is a pet peeve of many Asians not just this actor. Again you can just see the stories on the Reddit thread

warriorfan
02-18-2023, 11:35 PM
You haven’t looked into the show. That show is pretty well known for going against stereotypes and what’s your point about a Chinese guy playing a Korean? That by itself isn’t racist unless he was butchering the Korean language and happens all the time in Hollywood. A Jewish guy played hector Salamanca though that actually affected the show, his Spanish was bad.

As for fultz having an azn sounding name doesn’t mean his characters identity was just being Asian. You haven’t done research either. And yea no matter how westernized you are you can’t really have an American last name unless you were adopted or married someone. Getting compared to another azn is fine but getting compared by appearance when there is little resemblance is a pet peeve of many Asians not just this actor. Again you can just see the stories on the Reddit thread

It just strikes me as funny where he is complaining about the stereotype of all asians look the same while he attempts to pass off being a different asian nationality in one of his main roles.

BigShotBob
02-19-2023, 10:45 AM
Liu looks like an actual actor/model and the guy they compared him to looks like your regular season ticket holder at the old Oriental Arena

j3lademaster
02-19-2023, 10:52 AM
https://y.yarn.co/629072bf-68e7-4f5a-978c-4aede0d110f3_text.gif

meat
02-19-2023, 11:10 AM
Anyways that's probably Xiao in that picture. Waiting for Rudy to come in and dominate the dunk and 3 point competition.

Norcaliblunt
02-19-2023, 11:34 AM
Didn’t read all the replies but this is supposed to be a joke right? Saying the nerdy ugly kid with glasses looks like the good looking dude?

Norcaliblunt
02-19-2023, 11:45 AM
It’s like if you had some scrawny white boy out in the crowd and they put him up with Arnold Schwarzenegger as his lookalike. Or some joe blow average looking dude being compared to George Clooney. It’s a joke.

Axe
02-19-2023, 06:46 PM
Anyways that's probably Xiao in that picture. Waiting for Rudy to come in and dominate the dunk and 3 point competition.
Nice avy