PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place for KEVIN LOVE to get some playing time?

TAZORAC
02-19-2023, 12:12 PM
Kevin Love stated he wants to play on a team and get steady minutes.

Where can get a chubby PF/C who can't play defense, doesnt block shots (even in his prime), but who can get streaky and hit a few 3's in a game every so often fit in?

I'm thinking maybe the Golden State Warriors, or San Antonio Spurs. He'll never get steady minutes, but he can get some minutes

Kblaze8855
02-19-2023, 12:26 PM
I was about to say if Duncanc Robinson plays Love can play somewhere but I checked and the Heat barely play him anymore. I guess defense would keep him off the floor most places. He can still do more than a number of people who can only shoot a bit. He can still rebound. He’s a good passer. He knows what to do. Problem I guess is him wanting minutes on a contender. I don’t know whose minutes he takes on most good teams if they are healthy. He’s still an nba player though. In spots probably a useful one.

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2023, 12:49 PM
I am not sure how many minutes he would need to be happy but the Celtics could use another big and he would be useful in theory on days when Horford and/or Robert Williams don't play. He would still be behind Kornet Muscala Griffin and Grant Williams so it may not be an upgrade in minutes but it would give him his best shot at another ring and they're could be a game in the finals where he saves the day off the bench.

But there are rumors of him being a bad teammate and the Celtics don't need that so he would have to come in understanding he's not a regular rotation player.

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2023, 12:58 PM
If he is looking for a guaranteed starting job it's not in the NBA. Everyone is either trying to win now in which case they need more d from their bigs or a rebuilding team that had no use for an old player. He needs a team like the Knicks usually are where they bring in "stars" to give fans the impression they are trying to win when in reality there is no real direction. But even the Knicks aren't quite like that anymore.... good job blowing it on Donovan Mitchell though.

TAZORAC
02-19-2023, 07:25 PM
I was about to say if Duncanc Robinson plays Love can play somewhere but I checked and the Heat barely play him anymore. I guess defense would keep him off the floor most places. He can still do more than a number of people who can only shoot a bit. He can still rebound. He’s a good passer. He knows what to do. Problem I guess is him wanting minutes on a contender. I don’t know whose minutes he takes on most good teams if they are healthy. He’s still an nba player though. In spots probably a useful one.

Well he just signed with the Heat

FultzNationRISE
02-19-2023, 07:45 PM
I guess Miami made the most sense of anyone but this signing still doesnt move the needle. They didnt make any meaningful improvement by adding Love to the end of their rotation.

RRR3
02-19-2023, 08:07 PM
Clunkan doesn’t play because he forgot how to shoot. Love didn’t and he can do things Robinson can’t to boot.