PDA

View Full Version : Bigger disappointment? Lob City Clippers or Kawhi-PG Clippers?

Im Still Ballin
02-26-2023, 10:22 PM
I think I've already made this thread before. Both teams have suffered injuries and major chokes. Losing Kawhi in '21 was tough. They might have won it all that year with him healthy. No excuses for '20 though - maybe a bigger choke than '15.

HylianNightmare
02-26-2023, 10:33 PM
Current clips. No one expected anything out of Chris small and trex arms

SouBeachTalents
02-26-2023, 10:33 PM
Well obv the Kawhi/PG Clippers full story has yet to be told, and they have a team good enough to win it all. But as of now, they have to be considered the bigger disappointment. They were actual title favorites when they came together, they were the more talented of the two teams, and for all the playoff chokes Lob City had, their 2020 choke tops anything they ever did.

The CP3 Clippers always seemed like the 3rd-4th best team in the conference to me. I didn't think they were better than the Spurs or Thunder from 2012-14, nor the Warriors from 2015 on. I actually expected the Clippers to win at least one title when Kawhi & PG signed there, while I never even predicted the CP3 version to make the conference finals, let alone win it all.

RRR3
02-26-2023, 10:38 PM
Well obv the Kawhi/PG Clippers full story has yet to be told, and they have a team good enough to win it all. But as of now, they have to be considered the bigger disappointment. They were actual title favorites when they came together, they were the more talented of the two teams, and for all the playoff chokes Lob City had, their 2020 choke tops anything they ever did.

The CP3 Clippers always seemed like the 3rd-4th best team in the conference to me. I didn't think they were better than the Spurs or Thunder from 2012-14, nor the Warriors from 2015 on. I actually expected the Clippers to win at least one title when Kawhi & PG signed there, while I never even predicted the CP3 version to make the conference finals, let alone win it all.
You absolutely cannot win with current Westbrook. Westbrook in his prime, sure, but he's not that guy anymore

red1
02-26-2023, 10:40 PM
they are a complete failure if they dont win this year

kawhi being more fragile than AD and PG scrubbing it up in 2020 will be their legacy. absolute clownshow. literally choked a 3-1 lead to a young upstart team - unlike the warriors and rockets who were up against great competition when they lost their 3-1 series.

clowns.

red1
02-26-2023, 10:42 PM
lets not forget the expectations these kawhi PG clippers. they were supposed to be the favorite.

only team that failed harder is the kd kyrie harden nets. another absolute clownshow. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wally450
02-26-2023, 11:02 PM
Lob City easily for me. They had a deep roster.

I never really though much of this Kawhi PG era Clippers.

Lob City would wipe the floor with this Clippers team.

Shame they couldn't even get to the WCF. Their only real opportunity they blew a 3-1 lead. :facepalm (Yes I know this Clippers team did too.)

Axe
02-27-2023, 03:18 AM
The only advantage of the present team is that they made the conference finals, albeit with referee help and in a non 82-game regular season.

warriorfan
02-27-2023, 03:21 AM
Current clips. No one expected anything out of Chris small and trex arms

:lol this

Im so nba'd out
02-27-2023, 04:41 AM
Kawhi is the furthest thing from the problem with this team....THE FURTHEST!

ArbitraryWater
02-27-2023, 09:30 AM
Lob City easily for me. They had a deep roster.

I never really though much of this Kawhi PG era Clippers.

Lob City would wipe the floor with this Clippers team.

Shame they couldn't even get to the WCF. Their only real opportunity they blew a 3-1 lead. :facepalm (Yes I know this Clippers team did too.)

lmao??

SouBeachTalents
02-27-2023, 09:45 AM
lmao??
Yeah, I don’t get that take at all :lol They lost to teams worse than these Clippers on an annual basis.

SATAN
02-27-2023, 09:47 AM
Kawhi Leonard. Not the team. Just him.

Jasper
02-27-2023, 08:15 PM

covers it.

Jacques Webster
02-27-2023, 10:10 PM
2015 Clippers.

There's still time for this Kawhi PG Clippers, but outside of them, they aint that good. :(