PDA

View Full Version : Marry, ****, or kill.

Kblaze8855
02-28-2023, 09:53 PM
Marry - 5 years 280 million
**** - 2 years 80 million player option on year 2
Kill - Cut and he signs with whoever the best team is after your selection making them a potential superteam

All players as they are today. You’re the GM with a 5 year deal to win a title for a new owner(Let’s say Bezos) who says you have unlimited money luxury tax wise but you’re fired if you don’t win a ring in the 5 years. Unknown supporting casts and coaches. Just get players and then figure out the rest. These 3 guys are available and you decide who to get and who to have added to a team that will then be in your way. Make your picks:

Luka
Giannis
Jokic

Steph
Jaylen Brown
Mitchell

KD
Lebron
Dame

Embiid
Booker
Tatum

Trae
Ja
Anthony Edwards

Zion
Kawhi
Anthony Davis

Kyrie
Harden
Paul George

Who gets your last name….who gets shown the door knowing they’re super teaming right up the street and you can’t afford for anyone else to win?

SouBeachTalents
02-28-2023, 09:59 PM
Luka- Kill
Giannis- Marry
Jokic- ****

Steph-Marry
Jaylen Brown-Kill
Mitchell-****

KD-Marry
Lebron-Kill
Dame-****

Embiid-****
Booker-Kill
Tatum-Marry

Trae-Kill
Ja-Marry
Anthony Edwards-****

Zion-Marry
Kawhi-****
Anthony Davis-Kill

Kyrie-Kill
Harden-****
Paul George-Marry

warriorfan
02-28-2023, 10:01 PM
Marry - 5 years 280 million
**** - 2 years 80 million player option on year 2
Kill - Cut and he signs with whoever the best team is after your selection making them a potential superteam

All players as they are today. You’re the GM with a 5 year deal to win a title for a new owner(Let’s say Bezos) who says you have unlimited money luxury tax wise but you’re fired if you don’t win a ring in the 5 years. Unknown supporting casts and coaches. Just get players and then figure out the rest. These 3 guys are available and you decide who to get and who to have added to a team that will then be in your way. Make your picks:

Luka
Giannis
Jokic

Steph
Jaylen Brown
Mitchell

KD
Lebron
Dame

Embiid
Booker
Tatum

Trae
Ja
Anthony Edwards

Zion
Kawhi
Anthony Davis

Kyrie
Harden
Paul George

Who gets your last name….who gets shown the door knowing they’re super teaming right up the street and you can’t afford for anyone else to win?

Jokic
Giannis
Luka

Steph
Brown
Mitchell

KD
Dame
Lebron

Tatum
Embiid
Booker

Ja
Anthony Edwards
Trey

Zion
Davis
Leonard

Kyrie
George
Harden

j3lademaster
02-28-2023, 10:02 PM
This is a good thread :cheers:

Luka
Giannis
Jokic

Mitchell
Steph
Brown

Dame
Lebron
Durant

Tatum
Embiid
Booker

Ant
Ja
Trae

Zion
Kawhi
AD

PG
Kyrie
Harden

First one is the hardest. Marrying Luka because of age, and I think Giannis is the current best player. Jokic on my rival superteam is scary.

Kblaze8855
02-28-2023, 10:03 PM
I was wondering how many people would marry Steph at 35 while he also appears to be breaking down but it’s a justifiable proposal.

Kblaze8855
02-28-2023, 10:06 PM
This is a good thread :cheers:

Luka
Giannis
Jokic

Mitchell
Steph
Brown

Dame
Lebron
Durant

Tatum
Embiid
Booker

Ant
Ja
Trae

Zion
Kawhi
AD

PG
Kyrie
Harden

First one is the hardest. Marrying Luka because of age, and I think Giannis is the current best player. Jokic on my rival superteam is scary.

Id say that one is both easy and hard, depending on how you look at it because any combination of those three should win a title the first or second year, but any of the three added to the best team remaining in the league should create a dynasty at the same time. I might have to kill Luka, just because his style of play has the most potential to disrupt the chemistry of whatever team he will land on, leaving them less likely to stop me.

Jokic or Giannis would probably fit with anything and might sweep the whole 5 if it’s a KD added to the Warriors situation.

Kblaze8855
03-09-2023, 09:46 AM
A few more while I wait for my
oil change….

All in their early primes

Melo
Ray Allen
Amare

Jason Kidd
Dwight Howard
James Harden

Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

Kobe
Bird
Durant

Ewing
Embiid
Dirk

David Robinson
Giannis
Wade

FultzNationRISE
03-09-2023, 11:04 AM
Marry and f*ck - Lebron

Kill - Jason Terry

SouBeachTalents
03-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Melo kill
Ray Allen marry
Amare fck

Jason Kidd marry
Dwight Howard fck
James Harden kill

Hakeem marry
Duncan fck
Magic kill

Kobe fck
Bird marry
Durant kill

Ewing kill
Embiid fck
Dirk marry

David Robinson kill
Giannis marry
Wade fck

Kblaze8855
03-09-2023, 01:49 PM
Melo kill
Ray Allen marry
Amare fck

Jason Kidd marry
Dwight Howard fck
James Harden kill

Hakeem marry
Duncan fck
Magic kill

Kobe fck
Bird marry
Durant kill

Ewing kill
Embiid fck
Dirk marry

David Robinson kill
Giannis marry
Wade fck

I feel like magic, and David Robinson are two dangerous people to let join an existing super team. They would fit in too well. Neither one of those guys even cares if they get shots but are good enough to score 30 if you ask them to do it. Serious floor raisers. I guess that part is limited on an already good team though.

SouBeachTalents
03-09-2023, 02:01 PM
I feel like magic, and David Robinson are two dangerous people to let join an existing super team. They would fit in too well. Neither one of those guys even cares if they get shots but are good enough to score 30 if you ask them to do it. Serious floor raisers. I guess that part is limited on an already good team though.
I’m solely thinking about my team when making these decisions tbh. Let’s be real, Hakeem, Duncan, Giannis & Wade would all be nightmares for the next best team in the league to add too :lol Even if the latter 2 might not be perfect fits.

j3lademaster
03-09-2023, 02:05 PM
A few more while I wait for my
oil change….

All in their early primes

Melo
Ray Allen
Amare

Jason Kidd
Dwight Howard
James Harden

Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

Kobe
Bird
Durant

Ewing
Embiid
Dirk

David Robinson
Giannis
WadeJudging if they played today?

Ray
Amare
Melo

Harden
Dwight
Kidd

Duncan
Hakeem
Magic

Durant
Bird
Kobe

Dirk
Embiid
Ewing

Giannis
D-Robb
Wade

Hakeem cluster was the toughest for me. I've always said if I'm building a team from scratch I'm taking Duncan or Steph first. All-time talents with the ego of scrubs on 10days. You can pair any player(s) with them and they'll do what's best for the team. Kidd and Dwight would have been tough if we're talking careers, but for a 2 year stretch Dwight had a pretty impressive peak.

FultzNationRISE
03-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Hakeem
Duncan
Magic

You pretty much have to kill Magic, right? That kind of marriage wasnt legal during his prime, and ****ing him would have been an exceptionally risky proposition.

Overdrive
03-09-2023, 03:45 PM
Melo K
Ray Allen M
Amare F

Better fit imo and I'm not afraid of Melo joining the 2nd best time and I know I'm underrating him here. Neither combination with Melo would really work out.

Jason Kidd F
Dwight Howard M
James Harden K

I'd hope for shooters to fill out my roster.

Hakeem K
Duncan M
Magic F

It's either marry Hakeem or Duncan and kill the other. No inbetween.

Kobe F
Bird M
Durant K

Same here as the last one. I think Bird is craftier than Durant, but it's close.

Ewing K
Embiid F
Dirk M

Just like that combo better.

David Robinson K
Giannis M
Wade F

As great as Robinson was. Giannis is just as freakishly athletic and he's proven himself more already.

Luka K
Giannis M
Jokic F

Fit. I like Jokic more than Giannis, but I think it would be easier to rebuild a championship team around Giannis for the remaining 3 years.

Steph F
Jaylen Brown M
Mitchell K

Unsure if Curry will provide championshiplevel impact in 3 years, I doubt Mitchell would ever have that as a #1 and I feel Brown better compliments Curry. I'd hope for my team to win in year two and then trade Brown.

KD F
Lebron K
Dame M

Dame is super loyal and the youngest still between them. I think KD is the better fit to Dame.

Embiid M
Booker K
Tatum F

I just like that better.

Trae K
Ja F
Anthony Edwards M

Ja could turn out to be a headcase. Playing it safe.

Zion M
Kawhi K
Anthony Davis F

50/50 between Kawhi and AD. All three could end their career any day over tripping at a warmup or a sore leg.

Kyrie K
Harden K
Paul George K

A 5 year contract to any of them could destroy my ambitions. I'd most likely put Kyrie on the #2 team to destroy their chemistry. Coin toss bewteen George and Harden.