PDA

View Full Version : Irving’s future after the 2023 season

ArbitraryWater
03-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Who is honesty gonna take Irving after this failed experiment results in probably a 1st round exit and Mavs wont want to give him the max?

Hes burnt too many bridges.

Im not sure an imminent contender will take him. Hes still individually brilliant, but I only see bottom playoff teams taking him. The others wouldnt wanna take that chance and no team seems to drastically benefit from Kyries addition.

He should have played out the year with Brooklyn. This was a backfire move. They were on a good course and woud have at east made the ECSF, probably ECF if not more. The year would have left a good impression.

FultzNationRISE
03-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Unstoppable Taiwan Super Team with Dwight incoming.

ImKobe
03-01-2023, 11:05 AM
He's either re-signing with Dallas after they re-tool and build a contender around him & Luka or he takes less and joins another team that's good enough to compete in the POs. Mavs' struggles are not on him but OP is too dumb to realize that.

ShawkFactory
03-01-2023, 11:08 AM
He's either re-signing with Dallas after they re-tool and build a contender around him & Luka or he takes less and joins another team that's good enough to compete in the POs. Mavs' struggles are not on him but OP is too dumb to realize that.

I don't think anyone is blaming solely Kyrie for the Mavs struggles. He's just saying the fact that they ARE struggling is a bad look for him when things were starting to go really well in Brooklyn.

Wally450
03-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Retirement.

Dbrog
03-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Could go the way of Iverson. Burnt too many bridges and wouldn't accept a lesser role on any teams (ex: Grizzies) so then he got effectively blackballed from the league. If it can happen to AI, it can sure as hell happen to Kyrie

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 02:52 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/8ce7abe1e1028f763a61debc3450596e.jpg

SouBeachTalents
04-02-2023, 02:55 PM
It is what it is at this point, we've had 6 seasons of evidence on 3 separate teams, Kyrie simply doesn't move the needle in terms of team success when he's not playing with BITW caliber LeBron.

90sgoat
04-02-2023, 02:58 PM
He should get that bag from Marc Cuban, then just wait it out until Luka forces his way out.

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 03:07 PM
He's averaging 26 in Dallas and his shooting stats are great. Don't take this too mean I would want my team to max him. I don't, he's the most creative player I've ever seen when it comes to inventing new ways to be a pain the ass. But someone will look at those numbers and his game, which is slick, and they will think that he can make the difference to make them a champion or the playoffs. Off the bat expect LA and Dallas to both offer top dollar. He doesn't need everyone to think he's worth the max he just needs one team to agree to it and I'm expecting two. Someone else will most likely also see what he can do and enter the bidding. They are most likely more teams that will stay away but again this isn't a vote, he doesn't need a plurality, he just needs one team to buy in and he could have a few to choose from. Like it or not if your team does not have a scoring guard and they aren't tanking they will see what it takes to sign Kyrie Irving.

Johnny32
04-02-2023, 03:32 PM
they have to resign him or s&t for another star or luka will end up leaving in the future. i wouldn't blame kyrie for dal's struggles since the trade anyway. they'll be better next yr when they fill some holes in their roster.

meat
04-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Who cares? One thing I noticed recently is that a bunch of tools read an article or something and they got on some weird bandwagon saying he's the most skilled guard ever! You take him or SGA?

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 04:02 PM
Who cares? One thing I noticed recently is that a bunch of tools read an article or something and they got on some weird bandwagon saying he's the most skilled guard ever! You take him or SGA?

I take almost anyone over him as would most teams in the league at the moment. Dallas, LA, the Suns or overseas. He doesn't have many options left. Wore out his welcome

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 04:40 PM
A foreign league would have to drastically outbid an nba team to get him. You can feel he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA but he just made the allstar team. Could have been AllNBA even if he stayed in Brooklyn and was winning games with KD.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
A foreign league would have to drastically outbid an nba team to get him. You can feel he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA but he just made the allstar team. Could have been AllNBA even if he stayed in Brooklyn and was winning games with KD.

if. The guy is an idiot. Who wants that shit show?

Manny98
04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
He'd fit Miami, big 3 with Butler and Bam

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 05:08 PM
if. The guy is an idiot. Who wants that shit show?
Dallas traded a few solid players just to roll the dice on signing him. You didn't get the point of what I'm saying,: signing him doesn't have to be something a majority would do or a good move. Just needs one team to agree to it. You wouldn't, I wouldn't, a lot of people wouldn't but majority opinion is not required.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 05:11 PM

Miami has enough problems. Riley is smarter than that

jayfan
04-03-2023, 09:31 AM
I don't think anyone is blaming solely Kyrie for the Mavs struggles. He's just saying the fact that they ARE struggling is a bad look for him when things were starting to go really well in Brooklyn.

Struggling more than they were before he arrived.

HoopologyPhD
04-03-2023, 09:37 AM
After badmouthing the people he did, Kyrie better dress warm because he will be playing in the Siberian Basketball league.

BallsOut
04-30-2023, 06:59 PM
Irving and picks to the Lakers for Davis. Sign Kevin Love

Irving | Walker
Reaves | JR Smith
James | Beasley
Love | Hachimura
Thompson | Vanderbilt

Axe
04-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Nah. Send him to minny for conley and other guys.

bizil
05-01-2023, 04:46 PM

Exactly. U can't blame the Mavs woes on Kyrie. He and Luka can indeed play together. When Kyrie was playing with Harden, he was more than willing to move to the SG. HELL he suggested the move himself. He's the most skilled scoring PG ever who thinks score first. The Mavs made the WCF last season. They overachieved BIG TIME making it that far. They just gotta add the proper pieces around them. But having the best backcourt in the league is a great start!

Big_Dogg
05-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Irving and picks to the Lakers for Davis. Sign Kevin Love

Irving | Walker
Reaves | JR Smith
James | Beasley
Love | Hachimura
Thompson | Vanderbilt

You should slap yourself for suggesting something that stupid

BallsOut
05-01-2023, 09:42 PM
You should slap yourself for suggesting something that stupid

I also suggested

Westbrook
Davis
James

And low and behold it happened

Big_Dogg
05-02-2023, 01:23 AM
I also suggested

Westbrook
Davis
James

And low and behold it happened

That one had a reasonable chance of probability, trading Kyrie of all people for AD and picks is just asinine

Kblaze8855
05-02-2023, 11:55 AM
Mavs just posted this about their planned preseason trip and people noticed Kyrie isn’t in the image….

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2305022124460339.jpeg

tpols
05-02-2023, 12:00 PM
Kyrie produced extremely well on the Mavs. Luka is the one that mailed it in and was fat and out of shape all season. Can't expect kyrie to swoop in halfway through the season and save you in this West. The Nets were dominant with KD and Kyrie playing together.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2023, 12:07 PM
Kyrie produced extremely well on the Mavs. Luka is the one that mailed it in and was fat and out of shape all season. Can't expect kyrie to swoop in halfway through the season and save you in this West. The Nets were dominant with KD and Kyrie playing together.

Luka averaged 32/9/8 on 50% FG / 61% TS and was the only one that did not tank/rest the 2nd last game with the play-in still a possibility.

more fake tpols narratives