PDA

View Full Version : Lebron was expected to make the Finals every year

Walk on Water
03-02-2023, 06:24 AM
It's crazy. LeBron was expected to make the Finals every year and now he's never even expected to make the playoffs. Well, looks like they could possibly make it, but last year they were supposed to make the Finals and didn't even make the play in.
Also, Lebron never got hurt. Now he seems to have some injury every year. I feel kinda bad. He spends a million dollars on his body and it still doesn't stop the little kinks.

Maybe Lebron should consider being a 6th man. He would be better suited on a decent team who needs bench support. He should change his game a bit and take a step back.

LeGoat4Life
03-02-2023, 11:42 AM
Not hard to make the finals every year on the East playing on super team year after year

The myth was already exposed ever since his first year on the Lakers. He lead the lakers to 4 lottery years

WhiteKyrie
03-02-2023, 11:50 AM
Because I thought he was the greatest of all time? And he had the most talent in his conference, consolidated on his own team, and played in a horrendously weak conference. So yea, that should’ve been expected

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 11:52 AM
Made the Finals 8 straight years.

Not even Magic/Kareem accomplished that with a stacked cast playing the weak 80's West.

Airupthere
03-02-2023, 12:29 PM
Hinrich led Bulls and the all time great Hawks were really formidable teams in East during those times :oldlol:

WhiteKyrie
03-02-2023, 12:45 PM
Hinrich led Bulls and the all time great Hawks were really formidable teams in East during those times :oldlol:
No it was the John Lucas the 3rd and DJ Augustine Bulls. Post D-Rose ACL tear :oldlol:

3ba11
03-02-2023, 01:04 PM

Not even Magic/Kareem accomplished that with a stacked cast playing the weak 80's West.

Lebron never faced roadblocks like Moses (81') or Hakeem (86') and Lebron's Finals streak began when he took the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team (the "decision") - not impressive at all

The "decision" to consolidate power in the East occurred because he couldn't win the East with homecourt advantage in 2010 and a Year 7 league favorite.

And Kyrie played 12 of 14 games in the 2015 East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick and the best sidekick in the 18' East.. So the only time that Lebron carried a 1-star team to the Finals was 2007 when everyone was doing it (Iverson, Kidd, Lebron, Dwight)..

Accordingly, his carrying ability is vastly overrated - he produced horrible teams in 2005, 2008, 2019 and 2023, but each time the team was completely turned around the following season by all-star acquisitions (09', 20', 23'), or coveted acquisitions & HOF coaches (06').. The stats confirm that all-stars Mo/Zydrunas or the Hughes/Jamison acquisitions had far better PER, WS, PPG and efficiency than 1990 Pippen, while the Cavs had top 10 defenses compared to #19 for the Bulls - so the 06-10' Cavs had better help on both sides of the ball than the 1990 Bulls.

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 01:06 PM
Lebron never faced roadblocks like Moses (81') or Hakeem (86')

The '81 Rockets had a 40-42 record.

You yourself said the '13 Pacers were as good if not better than the 90's Knicks. :lol

3ba11
03-02-2023, 01:12 PM
The '81 Rockets had a 40-42 record.

You yourself said the '13 Pacers were as good if not better than the 90's Knicks. :lol

Lebron weakened the conference first by taking 1st options from other teams in the conference.

People forget that the 2010 Celtics were already 50-win underdogs because they were fossils, so the conference was going to be wide open for the next decade - guys like Lebron, Wade, Derozan, Bosh and Paul George would presumably battle for conference supremacy, but Lebron teamed up with everyone instead and diluted the conference/consolidated power.. it's unprecedented and the DEFINITION of manufacturing a resume - he literally couldn't win with homecourt in 2009 and 2010 as a massive favorite, so he diluted the conference/consolidated power to win

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Lebron weakened the conference first by taking 1st options from other teams in the conference.

People forget that the 2010 Celtics were already 50-win underdogs because they were fossils, so the conference was going to be wide open for the next decade - guys like Lebron, Wade, Derozan, Bosh and Paul George would presumably battle for conference supremacy, but Lebron teamed up with everyone instead and diluted the conference/consolidated power.. it's unprecedented and the DEFINITION of manufacturing a resume - he literally couldn't win with homecourt in 2009 and 2010 as a massive favorite, so he diluted the conference/consolidated power to win

Completely deflecting again. Rockets were 40-42 in '81 and you yourself said the '13 Pacers were as good as the 90's Knicks.

Hell, LeBron got through the East in 2013 & 2018 with his teammates playing like dog shit. Wade was outplayed by PG13 & Hibbert in 2013.

Hey Yo
03-02-2023, 01:25 PM
Ray Allen was a fossil in 2010 but was considered a superstar in 2013 and 2014?

Interesting while dumb at the same time

3ba11
03-02-2023, 01:54 PM
Completely deflecting again. Rockets were 40-42 in '81 and you yourself said the '13 Pacers were as good as the 90's Knicks.

Hell, LeBron got through the East in 2013 & 2018 with his teammates playing like dog shit. Wade was outplayed by PG13 & Hibbert in 2013.

If a 2 or 3-star team faces a 1-star team, the 2nd or 3rd stars won't need to get elite stats to win.. That's what Lebron's super-teams faced in a conference that was supposed to be won by 1-star teams.

So the Heat cast played well in 2013 but elite performances weren't needed, even from Lebron - Lebron only averaged 25 and he got 10-15 from his 3 HOF teammates.. So they didn't play poorly - they were just far more stacked then their diluted opposition..

But everyone saw that Lebron needed Wade to get 20 in the Finals against real opposition and against a non-diluted conference - he needed Wade to outscore the opposing 1st option and be a near-equal-scoring partner to Lebron, aka Lebron never defeated max defensive attention (never carried scoring load on championship level).

The same thing goes for the 2018 Playoffs.. It was a 3-time conference champion and 2-star team versus 1-star teams and inexperienced opposition... Regardless, Love averaged 20/10 against the only top 5 SRS opponents that the Cavs faced in the 18' Playoffs (Raptors and Warriors), so Lebron never beat a top 5 SRS team with weak scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (zero carry-jobs vs good teams in 2 decades)

To summarize - Lebron never defeated max defensive attention (never carried scoring load in Finals) and he never carried bed-wetting sidekicks over top teams (no carry-jobs in 2 decades of playing).. This isn't random - Lebron is too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams, so he needs all-time scoring help like Wade, AD or Kyrie and can't win with the secondary producers that expert jumpshooters win with (Wiggins, Pippen, Jason Terry, Lowry, Pau, Klay).

Btw, regarding the Magic vs Lebron Finals streak comparison - my point regarding weakening the conference via consolidation was stronger than your point of regular season record being a good indicator of team strength.. aka consolidating power in the conference by plucking 1st options from other teams is a better point than facing a 42-win team that was actually really good.

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 02:05 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Rz9g9vM/Screenshot-2022-09-05-13-05-16-16-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

3ba11
03-02-2023, 02:11 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Rz9g9vM/Screenshot-2022-09-05-13-05-16-16-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Yes a completely fabricated post as should be obvious

btw, this response from you only indicates that the previous posts kicked your ass.. this is a last resort for you

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Yes a completely fabricated post as should be obvious

Don't lie. You said it.

You already confirmed it was you, but you said "mods from that site edited my post". :lol

dankok8
03-02-2023, 02:14 PM
Saying that Magic/Kareem never did it is grasping at straws. They made 7 finals in 8 years from 1982-1989. Their one loss was to the Hakeem/Sampson Rockets.

Denying that Lebron (and Magic) played in a weak conference is pretty stupid to be perfectly honest. Of course it doesn't completely discredit his achievements but it's a fact.

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Saying that Magic/Kareem never did it is grasping at straws. They made 7 finals in 8 years from 1982-1989. Their one loss was to the Hakeem/Sampson Rockets.

Denying that Lebron (and Magic) played in a weak conference is pretty stupid to be perfectly honest. Of course it doesn't completely discredit his achievements but it's a fact.

No it's not, it's a literal fact.

3ba11
03-02-2023, 02:19 PM
Don't lie. You said it.

You already confirmed it was you, but you said "mods from that site edited my post". :lol

You guys are all lying about this and it's fine because it just shows that you can't refute what I'm saying and Lebron is a fraud.

I never confirmed anything because it wasn't me - mods on this site and that one and realgm alter and fabricate posts for me..

During the game that Lebron broke the scoring record, the mods on this site were live-posting from the original 3ball account

Mods all react that same way to my posts (censoring and eventually fabricating shit) because they like the fake narratives from the mainstream media and don't want them disturbed.. And I don't know why I do it - I'm starting to realize that I wouldn't want all this to get out there - I like you guys being victims (of the fraud).. lapping up all the false mainstream narratives.. I prefer it this way.. If I was on national TV and destroying Nick Wright, then everyone would know what I know.. I prefer it this way where I have all this superior knowledge and you guys are victims of fake news.

AlternativeAcc.
03-02-2023, 02:21 PM
You guys are all lying about this and it's fine because it just shows that you can't refute what I'm saying and Lebron is a fraud.

I never confirmed anything because it wasn't me - mods on this site and that one and realgm alter and fabricate posts for me..

During the game that Lebron broke the scoring record, the mods on this site were live-posting from the original 3ball account

Mods all react that same way because they like the fake narratives from the mainstream media and don't want them disturbed.. And I don't know why I do it - I'm starting to realize that I wouldn't want all this to get out there - I like you guys being victims (of the fraud).. lapping up all the false mainstream narratives.. I prefer it this way.. If I was on national TV and destroying Nick Wright, then everyone would know what I know.. I prefer it this way where I have all this superior knowledge and you guys are dumb victims.

I was a poster on realgm at the time and remember you saying that. Its legit.

And lebrons peak got BETTER after that... and lasted much longer so according to you that was the difference maker.

You have lebron > Jordan

3ba11
03-02-2023, 02:22 PM
I was a poster on realgm at the time and remember you saying that. Its legit.

Those posts weren't on realgm lol.

literal proof that you guys are lying. ty genius

AlternativeAcc.
03-02-2023, 02:28 PM
Those posts weren't on realgm lol.

literal proof that you guys are lying. ty genius

Was it twoplustwo? Could've swore it was realgm, damn I'm getting old. :lol

Your argument though is that a moderator stole your info and posted that instead? That's laugable nonsense. You couldn't fool a 5 year old with that shit. Backpeddling from your statements is weird. You could just say you changed your mind over the years but pretending somebody else wrote it proves you still believe it and are ashamed of being exposed.

Ouch

StrongLurk
03-02-2023, 05:23 PM
Lakers Lebron is definitely not prime Lebron...still has been a top 5-10 player in the league and was arguably the best player in the bubble.

But yeah, Lakers fans definitely missed out since Lebron can't stay healthy.

ImKobe
03-02-2023, 06:09 PM
He was expected to make the Finals every year from 2011-18 because the East was all-time bad. He's washed now and has more competition in a more balanced NBA and can't hang with the big boys.

dankok8
03-02-2023, 06:18 PM
No it's not, it's a literal fact.

Do you understand what grasping at straws means?

Walk on Water
03-03-2023, 03:20 AM

Well then there's a big contrast. 8 Straight Finals and now is not even expected to make the playoffs each year.

SATAN
03-03-2023, 03:28 AM
Well then there's a big contrast. 8 Straight Finals and now is not even expected to make the playoffs each year.

That's right. Not expected to make the playoffs at all. His teams suck and are riddled with injuries. If he SOMEHOW did make the playoffs it would be a miracle that further cements his GOAT ranking. Better than any weak ring in the 90s.

3ba11
03-03-2023, 05:08 PM
He was expected to make the Finals every year from 2011-18 because the East was all-time bad. He's washed now and has more competition in a more balanced NBA and can't hang with the big boys.

Bingo.. After failing to win the East with homecourt in 2010, Lebron took the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team (the "decision).. And Kyrie played in 12 of 14 games in the 2015 East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East - so the only time that Lebron carried a 1-star team to the Finals was during the 2000's when everyone was doing it (Iverson, Kidd, Lebron, Dwight)..

The idea that his early playoff teams weren't viable was always false - a weak team in 2006 would indicate that Lebron couldn't develop a viable playoff team after 3 seasons, which is ridiculous.. He obviously developed viable playoff teams but only won 45 games with a 5th-year veteran team before he received the all-star spacing that his stiff-arm needs in 2009.

This is hardly an all-time level of carrying but misreported by the media.. Fortunately, stats tell the story.. They confirm that MJ nearly beat the Bad Boys in 1990 with less help on both sides of ball than the 06-10' Cavs - this includes the 19th-ranked defense versus top 10 for the Cavs and much less offensive help, aka Pippen had less PER, WS, PPG & efficiency than all-stars Zydrunas/Mo or the Hughes/Jamison acquisitions.

ImKobe
03-03-2023, 08:15 PM
Bingo.. After failing to win the East with homecourt in 2010, Lebron took the top 3 first options in the conference and put them on 1 team (the "decision).. And Kyrie played in 12 of 14 games in the 2015 East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East - so the only time that Lebron carried a 1-star team to the Finals was during the 2000's when everyone was doing it (Iverson, Kidd, Lebron, Dwight)..

The idea that his early playoff teams weren't viable was always false - a weak team in 2006 would indicate that Lebron couldn't develop a viable playoff team after 3 seasons, which is ridiculous.. He obviously developed viable playoff teams but only won 45 games with a 5th-year veteran team before he received the all-star spacing that his stiff-arm needs in 2009.

This is hardly an all-time level of carrying but misreported by the media.. Fortunately, stats tell the story.. They confirm that MJ nearly beat the Bad Boys in 1990 with less help on both sides of ball than the 06-10' Cavs - this includes the 19th-ranked defense versus top 10 for the Cavs and much less offensive help, aka Pippen had less PER, WS, PPG & efficiency than all-stars Zydrunas/Mo or the Hughes/Jamison acquisitions.

East had THREE All-NBA players in 2015 and 2 of the 3 were on the Cavs.. the other one got injured in the series vs. Lebron lol.

kawhileonard2
03-05-2023, 10:45 PM
He is pathetic on the Lakers. Kobe was much better with a lesser cast