PDA

View Full Version : Mariah in the Wizards dress at the all star game.

Kblaze8855
03-02-2023, 11:43 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2303022112000351.jpeg

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2303022112220356.jpeg

That is all.

1987_Lakers
03-02-2023, 11:53 AM
Eminem's diss song about her was epic.

Jasper
03-02-2023, 01:37 PM
should be BULLETs

Patrick Chewing
03-02-2023, 01:54 PM
ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh

90sgoat
03-02-2023, 01:59 PM
Cutie.

A shame what happened to her voice.

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2023, 02:34 PM
Always felt prime Mariah has a strong GOAT argument.

Not as a singer, but in terms of looks.

L.Kizzle
03-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Always felt prime Mariah has a strong GOAT argument.

Not as a singer, but in terms of looks.
Billboard recently named her thr 5th greatest singer of All-Time.

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2023, 04:20 PM
Billboard recently named her thr 5th greatest singer of All-Time.

That’s fair, bit high IMO but I guess not indefensible.

She’s definitely top 5 GOAT babes tho.

Full Court
03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
I didn't know the Wizards had any fans.

Xiao Yao You
03-02-2023, 04:33 PM

:lol

L.Kizzle
03-02-2023, 05:00 PM

Rolling Stone (my bad not Billboard) top ten.

10 AlGreen
9 Otis Redding
8 Beyonce
7 Stevie Wonder
6 Ray Charles
5 Mariah Carey
4 Billie Holiday
3 Sam Cooke
2 Whitney Houston
1 Aretha Franklin

Im Still Ballin
03-02-2023, 05:18 PM

10 AlGreen
9 Otis Redding
8 Beyonce
7 Stevie Wonder
6 Ray Charles
5 Mariah Carey
4 Billie Holiday
3 Sam Cooke
2 Whitney Houston
1 Aretha Franklin

Does Marvin Gaye deserve to be on that list? What about MJ?

ralph_i_el
03-02-2023, 05:49 PM
I didn't know the Wizards had any fans.

We are the saddest group of rejects on the internet, but Wizards fans are the OG basketball memers.

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2023, 06:05 PM

10 AlGreen
9 Otis Redding
8 Beyonce
7 Stevie Wonder
6 Ray Charles
5 Mariah Carey
4 Billie Holiday
3 Sam Cooke
2 Whitney Houston
1 Aretha Franklin

Music is obviously very subjective but that's still a pretty bad list, aka par for the course.

Beyonce top 10 lol.

Aretha a bit too high, great voice but some of her stuff can be too extra for my taste. Whitney should be 1. Mariah too high. Sam Cooke is fine. Otis too. Ray Charles is a Mt Rushmore head as a recording artist, not sure I think of him as a top 10 pure "singer." Your boy Jackie Wilson should be on there and so should his boy Frank Sinatra. Marvin missing is awkward. Queen of country Reba McEntire deserves a spot, as does Elton John. Al Green is pretty one dimensional, I'd bump him down.

To each their own I guess.

Kblaze8855
03-02-2023, 06:05 PM
Sinatra and Marvin are the only ones I’d feel a need to fit in at a glance. And if I made it from scratch Billie wouldn’t be on it but that’s probably an ignorance thing. Some like Al Green clearly aren’t there for voices. Ray either. But if it’s straight singing guys like Luther and Teddy P would be up there so it’s factoring in legacy and all…which makes you wonder where Michael jackson and Paul McCartney are. Not that they make my list….

Hard 10 to pin down.

coin24
03-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Beyoncé? That guy sucks

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2023, 06:18 PM
Sinatra and Marvin are the only ones I’d feel a need to fit in at a glance. And if I made it from scratch Billie wouldn’t be on it but that’s probably an ignorance thing. Some like Al Green clearly aren’t there for voices. Ray either. But if it’s straight singing guys like Luther and Teddy P would be up there so it’s factoring in legacy and all…which makes you wonder where Michael jackson and Paul McCartney are. Not that they make my list….

Hard 10 to pin down.

Same. Forgot to even mention her bc frankly I dont know her catalogue.

MJ could sing fine, his legacy is more defined by the composite of his singing, song making, dancing etc. Purely on vocal accomplishment, and again it's highly dependent on taste, I could see the 20-30 range making sense.

McCartney might make a list of general "musicians" (altho overrated to me personally) for his song writing and innovating, but on singing alone he doesnt chart.

Im sure some people will wonder where Freddie Mercury is, altho to me top 10 is a bit too high for him.

There was obviously a less than 0% chance of him being included, but I would have had no problem with a Kellz inclusion.

L8krH8tr
03-02-2023, 06:45 PM
imagine how many rappers have been inside her jeeez. only missy elliot and lil kim can rival her. j lo close also.

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2023, 06:53 PM
imagine how many rappers have been inside her jeeez. only missy elliot and lil kim can rival her. j lo close also.

Dont think so.

She married Tommy Mottola at the start of her career, after that dated latin singer Luis Miguel, then married Nick Cannon.

And J. Lo was involved with Puffy, Ben Affleck, and A Rod.

So by my count, a combined two rappers between the two of them.

Chuckbe
03-02-2023, 11:55 PM

MJ could sing fine, his legacy is more defined by the composite of his singing, song making, dancing etc. Purely on vocal accomplishment, and again it's highly dependent on taste, I could see the 20-30 range making sense.

McCartney might make a list of general "musicians" (altho overrated to me personally) for his song writing and innovating, but on singing alone he doesnt chart.

Im sure some people will wonder where Freddie Mercury is, altho to me top 10 is a bit too high for him.

There was obviously a less than 0% chance of him being included, but I would have had no problem with a Kellz inclusion.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-singers-all-time-1234642307/

jlip
03-03-2023, 12:07 AM

10 AlGreen
9 Otis Redding
8 Beyonce
7 Stevie Wonder
6 Ray Charles
5 Mariah Carey
4 Billie Holiday
3 Sam Cooke
2 Whitney Houston
1 Aretha Franklin

Yep. I was definitely going to say Marvin Gaye deserves to be on this list. Just looking at this list alone, I hate to do my home town legend like this, but I would remove Al Green completely and add Marvin Gaye. In terms of pure singing, Luther should be there before Al Green.

warriorfan
03-03-2023, 12:12 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2303022112000351.jpeg

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2303022112220356.jpeg

That is all.

damn.

L.Kizzle
03-03-2023, 01:07 AM
19 Frank Sinatra
20 Marvin Gaye
21 Nina Simone

85 Johnny Cash
86 Michael Jackson
87 Diana Ross

L.Kizzle
03-03-2023, 01:14 AM
Music is obviously very subjective but that's still a pretty bad list, aka par for the course.

Beyonce top 10 lol.

Aretha a bit too high, great voice but some of her stuff can be too extra for my taste. Whitney should be 1. Mariah too high. Sam Cooke is fine. Otis too. Ray Charles is a Mt Rushmore head as a recording artist, not sure I think of him as a top 10 pure "singer." Your boy Jackie Wilson should be on there and so should his boy Frank Sinatra. Marvin missing is awkward. Queen of country Reba McEntire deserves a spot, as does Elton John. Al Green is pretty one dimensional, I'd bump him down.

Frank & Marvin listed above, 19 & 20 respectively.
Reba didn't make the list.

99 Clyde McPhatter
100 Elton John
101 Gladys Knight

120 Charlie Rich
121 Jackie Wilson
122 Donna Summer

L.Kizzle
03-03-2023, 01:19 AM

Hard 10 to pin down.
MJ, listed earlier at 86.

25 Mary J. Blige
26 Paul McCartney
27 Dolly Parton

30 Hank Williams
31 Luther Vandross
32 David Bowie

41 Etta James
42 Teddy Pendergrass
43 Ariana Grande

L.Kizzle
03-03-2023, 01:21 AM

13 Patsy Cline
14 Freddie Mercury
15 Bob Dylan

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2023, 01:55 AM
13 Patsy Cline
14 Freddie Mercury
15 Bob Dylan

:roll:

Dylan has like the worst singing voice of any successful artist I can think of. His songs and career are legendary, but he’s not a “good singer.”

What a weird and dumb list.

L.Kizzle
03-03-2023, 02:05 AM

Dylan has like the worst singing voice of any successful artist I can think of. His songs and career are legendary, but he’s not a “good singer.”

They had Ariana Grande and #43 sandwiched between Teddy Pendergrass & James Brown.

eliteballer
03-03-2023, 02:12 AM
First picture is crazy photoshopped.

Photoshop, makeup, lighting...a lot of these celebs don't look like what you think they do.

Not saying Mariah isn't bad.

Taurus
03-03-2023, 05:48 AM
We are the saddest group of rejects on the internet, but Wizards fans are the OG basketball memers.

What I've learned is that any team that has been awful for a long time has the best memes for their fanbase

Overdrive
03-03-2023, 06:27 AM

Beyonce top 10 lol.

The list is ass. No clear criterea. It was jumping from composition to artistry to skill. Dylan 1 place below Mercury is a joke. Jagger not even in the 50s aswell. Can't remember if and where the charted Dio.

Marvin Gaye is a huge omission in the top 10.

Overdrive
03-03-2023, 06:29 AM

List is obviously agendadriven.

Kblaze8855
03-03-2023, 09:52 AM
First picture is crazy photoshopped.

Photoshop, makeup, lighting...a lot of these celebs don't look like what you think they do.

Not saying Mariah isn't bad.

I don’t know or care about the photo. I watched it live. As did you. We probably talked about it in the same topics at the time. People have been bringing up her in that dress for 20 years.

Kblaze8855
03-03-2023, 09:54 AM

Yea….when you have him that high you’re clearly not talking about “singing” so it’s hard to justify guys like Michael Jackson being in the 80s….

Feels like Dylan either has to be way up high as does Jackson and the Beatles…or totally off the list.

Xiao Yao You
03-03-2023, 10:54 AM

Dylan is one of the great vocalists and certainly one of the most influential rather he can 'sing' or not. I'd certainly rather listen to him than the pop divas you guys are apparently into

LAL
03-03-2023, 11:19 AM
LOL @MJ's ranking :oldlol: he should objectively be first on the list, his voice on record from 8 years old to 44 or so was untouchable. He had it all technically, emotive, expressive, soulful, powerful etc.. and as unique a voice as it gets. It's one of the main reasons he broke so many barriers. Good job RS.

SATAN
03-03-2023, 11:22 AM
Dylan is one of the great vocalists and certainly one of the most influential rather he can 'sing' or not. I'd certainly rather listen to him than the pop divas you guys are apparently into

Fultz can ultra white guy rap. Don't mess with his music knowledge. :lol

Overdrive
03-03-2023, 03:26 PM

He's a great vocalist, because of his compositions. I'm no fan of Mariah, but if you do a list of best singers it should be about singing and not songwriting.

Kblaze8855
03-03-2023, 05:31 PM
rather he can 'sing' or not.

I feel like that part should clue you into peoples issue with him being ranked as an all time singer. Nobody would argue he isn’t a great artist. He just can’t out “sing” Frank Sinatra, Marvin Gaye, and guys like that who…..sing.

Kblaze8855
03-03-2023, 05:46 PM
Imagine Bob Dylan trying to sing one of these songs:

https://youtu.be/Ql3Vz2642pk

https://youtu.be/o5hrbJfzj-E

Hed need a senzu bean or 2 weeks bed rest to recover.

Chick Stern
03-04-2023, 12:13 AM
LOL @MJ's ranking :oldlol: he should objectively be first on the list, his voice on record from 8 years old to 44 or so was untouchable. He had it all technically, emotive, expressive, soulful, powerful etc.. and as unique a voice as it gets. It's one of the main reasons he broke so many barriers. Good job RS.
That child molester should be lower. He broke some barriers that shouldn’t have been broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1scjrWw6o

imdaman99
03-04-2023, 12:17 AM
Big fan of the curvy wimmenz in a jersey dress. Unfortunately I have never seen a woman with that on in my life in person :lol