PDA

View Full Version : The top 10 players in the NBA according to ISH posters in August of 2000

Im Still Ballin
03-03-2023, 04:33 PM
The top 10 players today are... (https://web.archive.org/web/20000520021254/http://www.insidehoops.com/boards.html)

Who are the 10 best players in the pros? Well I compiled a list of the best players in my opinion. I went by the facts.
The top 10 players today are...

1) Shaquille O'Neal - The man is twice the size of any other center and is getting better at his free throws.

2) Kevin Garnett - The most versitile player in the game, he can play any position on the floor and be effective. He's a guard trapped in a centers body at 7-1. Only player who averaged 20pts./10rebs./5asst. He can even shoot the trey.

3) Tim Duncan - He had a great rookie season, but he hasn't inproved much since. He has a great jumper and nice moves in the paint. He will be the best center some day.

4) Gary Payton - Gary is the best PG in the league. He does everything. He scores, he rebounds, he steals and he passes the ball like no other. He's still better than Kidd.

5) Chris Webber - The second most versitile forward in the league. He can pass very well out of the post and can
shoot a 20ft jumper consistantly. Another 20pts./10rebs. and about 4 assists.

6) Grant Hill - Maybe the most underrated player out there behind Shareef. He is versitile by playing both guard spots and small forward. He gives you points and some rebounds and assists. NBA nice guy.

7) Jason Kidd - He isn't a great scorer, but he can rebound like a forward and center and he can pass. He has a great instinct for the game and has been and will be one of the best in the league for a long time.

8) Karl Malone - Malone is back in the top 10 for another year. He is howing some signs of age but not a lot. He can still play. Don't count on a title Karl.

9) Alonzo Mourning - Mourning is a solid player who can score and rebound and he can really block shots. He is a great undersized center and a great defensive player.

10) Shareef Abdur-Rahim - The most underrated player in the NBA and he score over 20 points a game and grabbed over 10 rebounds a game. He also dished out about 3 assists a game. I know a lot of starting guards (Allen Iverson) who don't pass the ball 3 times a game.

Honorable Mention - Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Eddie Jones and Allan Houston.

AU32, that was pretty good, i agree with you in most places. It took me a while to respond to, BUT, there are a couple of positions i would switch around. The top ten players today are.....

1) SHAQUILLE O'NEAL -a monster on both ends of the floor. Only one word comes to mind, DOMINANCE.

2) KEVIN GARNETT -now, what can KG not do? he can run the floor, handle the ball, shoot jumpers, score on the break, play defense.....he can pretty much do everything; his versatility is unmatched. Unbelievable athlete; just PHENOMENAL!

3) TIM DUNCAN -got to be the master of fundamentals. He has such a simple game and yet it does quite a bit of damage to opponents. Very solid player. It wouldn't hurt for him to add some excitement to his game, but hey, the spurs aren't complaining!

4) CHRIS WEBBER -another do-it-all big man (2nd to KG ofcourse) and he can even shoot the 3 occasionally. Quite fast and athletic for a man of his build (a rare quality), his game has become much more consistent, and ofcourse can pass well out of the post.

5) GARY PAYTON -we all know he's the best PG in the NBA, no question! Very good penetrator. As for his defense: his 7 all-defensive first team selections speak for themselves!!

6) GRANT HILL -One of the most complete players in the league. Very good passer off the dribble. Puts up impressive all-round numbers nearly every night, although i do think he needs to add that 3-pointer to his game.

7)ALLEN IVERSON -Great scorer, great penetrator, has unbelievable speed and quickness. Unstoppable one-on-one and can get to the basket at will. His ability to pass is underrated. His best quality is, arguably, he's ability to create; he can create a shot out of nothing and at any time. Best creator in the league.

8) ALONZO MOURNING -2nd best center in the league. Good range and very good rebounder. Arguably the best shotblocker in the league.

9) JASON KIDD -2nd best PG in the league. Drops triple-doubles consistently. His playmaking-skills are unmatched.

10)KOBE BRYANT -very athletic player who he has REALLY improved his game. Has developed into an all-round player who can score, rebound, pass and even defend quite well. Has also improved his perimeter shooting. Questions still surround his on-court maturation though. Needs to improve his post defense.

It was really hard choosing between Spree, Kobe and 'Reef (shareef)for the 10th spot, but i gave Kobe the edge because of his drastic improvement. Karl Malone would have made this list but despite his impressive career accomplishements his passed his prime -he can still deliver though.

Honourable mention: Latrell Sprewell, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Eddie Jones.

1) Shaq 2) Duncan 3) Garnett 4) Malone 5) Mourning 6) Payton 7) Bryant 8) Iverson 9) Hill 10) Carter

1.odom 2.garnett 3.shaq 4.kidd 5.bryant 6.duncan 7.webber 8.mourning 9.payton 10.vince

#1.shaq #2.garnett #3.duncan #4.webber #5.mourning #6.carter #7.kidd #8.payton #9.pippen #10.francis.....#350.kobe bryant

Top ten players in the league are:
1. Shaq, 2. Duncan, 3. Vince, 4. KG, 5. Payton, 6. Wallace, 7. Malone, 8. Marbury, 9. Mourning, 10. Francis
but Shaq and Duncan couldn't even keep up with these guys in a pick up game and Malone wouldn't even try. Size matters in the league and Shaq and Duncan have it.