PDA

View Full Version : Lacob said he didn’t want to trade Wiseman but everyone else did.

Kblaze8855
03-03-2023, 06:14 PM
We might very well regret that one, longer term or even intermediate term,” Lacob told The Athletic’s Tim Kawakami (https://theathletic.com/4271238/2023/03/03/golden-state-warriors-owner-joe-lacob) .

Lacob made it seem as if he preferred to keep Wiseman, but most of the coaching staff and front office wanted to move on.
“I can’t overrule what our basketball ops and our coaches and our players felt was the right thing to do,” he said.

I suppose it’s good to have an owner who doesn’t interfere with basketball decisions, but it kind of feels like throwing people under the bus, especially the players.

BigShotBob
03-03-2023, 08:01 PM
They gave up on him. Barely even tried to implement him at all post injury.

The Warriors don't want a big that has any semblance of an offensive game. Kerr would take a Kevon Looney over a Vucevic. Not saying he's right or wrong but I don't know why they drafted Wiseman in the first place then.

Bigs on the Warriors need to know their role which is to play defense, get rebounds and put-backs, and set illegal screens. You will never be allowed to play one-on-one unless it's for a bailout.

Like Giannis told Ibaka, they like their bigs to be a "Roleplayer" and a "Screen setter."