PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones just won the UFC heavyweight title...

Im Still Ballin
03-05-2023, 02:13 AM
...In the most boring yet dominant fashion. I'm incredibly impressed, but I'm also very disappointed. Was hoping for more.

AlternativeAcc.
03-05-2023, 02:20 AM
Anticlimactic as ****

Kinda weird how hard they pushed the GOAT narrative too. I agree in principle, but he got busted for PEDs... I guess Khabib didn't have a long enough run and GSP has a few blemishes. Still, comes across strange

ArbitraryWater
03-05-2023, 06:20 AM
Haven‘t seen anything yet but thats fckin amazing.

Make him fight Stipe or Ngannou (i know) now.

ArbitraryWater
03-05-2023, 06:19 PM
bit confused at how fast he tapped tbh

rarey seen submissions from that position

KNOW1EDGE
03-05-2023, 07:08 PM
Jones looked fat and out of shape and it still only took him 2 minutes to finish the fight.

BurningHammer
03-06-2023, 01:26 PM
One of greatest examples of being naturally talented. It's unfair what could we do?

FKAri
03-06-2023, 11:46 PM
So Reyes put up more of a fight? And on a much younger Jon Jones? :oldlol:

I had a feeling this fight would be disappointing. But I was worried Jones would be super washed. Though this reeks of GSP vs Bisping. An opportunistic title shot with Ngannou out of the picture. Jones knew he had an avenue when he saw Ngannou of all people out-wrestle Gane. Ngannou is a far tougher matchup for him. Despite his iron chin at LHW he would be going up against the hardest hitting HW. The strength advantage coupled with adequate defensive wrestling would also present problems.

plowking
03-07-2023, 01:28 AM
So Reyes put up more of a fight? And on a much younger Jon Jones? :oldlol:

I had a feeling this fight would be disappointing. But I was worried Jones would be super washed. Though this reeks of GSP vs Bisping. An opportunistic title shot with Ngannou out of the picture. Jones knew he had an avenue when he saw Ngannou of all people out-wrestle Gane. Ngannou is a far tougher matchup for him. Despite his iron chin at LHW he would be going up against the hardest hitting HW. The strength advantage coupled with adequate defensive wrestling would also present problems.

I mean I don't think it is coincidence that he appears just as Ngannou left.

Now he gets to paint the narrative that Ngannou left scared lol... And that hack Dana just goes along with it.

Ngannou presents a lot of the problems Reyes does, but just bigger, stronger and hits way harder. Dude is insane with his in out movements for a heavyweight, and he actually has pretty nuanced head movement. When you spark people in one round though, they just put it up to you being a huge brawler. Ngannou is actually quite clever. Not to mention, he has some insane reach himself.

iamgine
03-07-2023, 02:53 AM
After a Fury fight, there's no reason why Ngannou vs Jones can't happen if they can agree on the money. That fight would be huge. Well unless Jones lost to Stipe.

hold this L
03-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Anticlimactic as ****

Kinda weird how hard they pushed the GOAT narrative too. I agree in principle, but he got busted for PEDs... I guess Khabib didn't have a long enough run and GSP has a few blemishes. Still, comes across strange

Khabib shouldn't be in any GOAT conversation, his stint is way too short.

FKAri
03-08-2023, 11:14 AM
After a Fury fight, there's no reason why Ngannou vs Jones can't happen if they can agree on the money. That fight would be huge. Well unless Jones lost to Stipe.

Despite his obvious talent, Ngannou is way too old to transition to boxing. There's no way he's even competitive with Fury. I'd love to be proven wrong because I love upsets.

iamgine
03-08-2023, 12:39 PM
Despite his obvious talent, Ngannou is way too old to transition to boxing. There's no way he's even competitive with Fury. I'd love to be proven wrong because I love upsets.

Well none of the MMA guys will be competitive with Fury. In fact, none of the MMA guys will be competitive with any top 20 boxers in boxing.

But Fury will carry the fight and make it entertaining hopefully.

FKAri
03-08-2023, 02:01 PM
Well none of the MMA guys will be competitive with Fury. In fact, none of the MMA guys will be competitive with any top 20 boxers in boxing.

But Fury will carry the fight and make it entertaining hopefully.

I agree except I doubt it'll even be entertaining.

tontoz
03-08-2023, 02:02 PM
I mean I don't think it is coincidence that he appears just as Ngannou left.

Jones decided to move to heavyweight 3 years ago. He said his goal was to put on muscle to get to 240. He had Francis in mind all along, then Francis leaves.

If Jones didn't want to fight Frances he would have stayed at 205.