PDA

View Full Version : I’m in a beachside restaurant in Miami and a loud basketball conversation is going on

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 11:25 AM
Two people who clearly don’t know each other struck up a conversation on of all people…Amare. Dude apparently ran into him recently and was trying to get the other guy to remember him. Described him. Said he used to play for the Knicks. His wife added “And the Mavericks I think….”.

Anyway after letting the guy go on about how nice Amare was when they talked the second guy tells him “I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron…….” and someone cut him off.

I want to go ask him which particular thing Lebron did to make him quit the nba but the conversation has gone to a whole other subject and I don’t wanna look like the weirdo I am. They were talking too loud NOT to overhear so I wasn’t exactly eavesdropping but…still. I’m not gonna jump into their conversation to ask about a Lebron comment from 10 minutes ago.

Just curious.

dankok8
03-06-2023, 11:28 AM
You can ask. Nothing wrong with it. I was in a bar and heard people talk hoops and joined in LOL

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 11:31 AM
I would if they stayed on it but they hit the “You can’t drink all day unless you start first thing in the morning” jokes point and the moment was lost.

SATAN
03-06-2023, 11:34 AM
Call him out for being a casual. I dare you. Preferably with phone recording the convo.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2023, 11:42 AM
Get involved and make this memorable I double dare you

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 11:44 AM
That man is chilling drinking/eating(it has shrimp) a Bloody Mary at 10:43 in the morning. I’m minding my business.

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 11:49 AM
And I have to add….bloody Mary’s just don’t seem appetizing to me. The hostess was pushing it hard and I just…don’t think shrimp and hot sauce when I’m thirsty.

dankok8
03-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Bloody Mary is among my favorite drinks hehe

Where do you live kblaze? I assume you're on vacation down there.

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 12:03 PM
I live in South Carolina but I bounce around the country weekly for no good reason. I was in Texas for a week or so before this and then Baton Rouge. Usually to New Orleans but I forgot about Mardi Gras and I wanted non of that madness. Waiting for it to warm up up north and I’ll probably go to Boston.

highwhey
03-06-2023, 12:06 PM
amar'e*

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 12:09 PM
amar'e*

I was actually waiting for someone to acknowledge he was in Phoenix too. How did she remember Dallas and not Phoenix?

Charlie Sheen
03-06-2023, 12:12 PM
“I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron…….”

... started winning too much

does not matter what he was gonna say because that is almost always where these conversations end. You could replace Lebron with Brady or Messi or Mayweather and you find the same kind of people giving up on being a fan for the same reason.

dankok8
03-06-2023, 12:33 PM
I live in South Carolina but I bounce around the country weekly for no good reason. I was in Texas for a week or so before this and then Baton Rouge. Usually to New Orleans but I forgot about Mardi Gras and I wanted non of that madness. Waiting for it to warm up up north and I’ll probably go to Boston.

Never been to South Carolina but heard it's beautiful. I know a guy who bought a summer house there!

I live in Toronto and love it here but the weather is just brutal for 4-5 months of the year. I might move to a warm US state at some point.

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
... started winning too much

does not matter what he was gonna say because that is almost always where these conversations end. You could replace Lebron with Brady or Messi or Mayweather and you find the same kind of people giving up on being a fan for the same reason.

I assume he was gonna reference the decision. Where I am has a lot of locals. I know others from Miami who didn’t like that he came and “took” wades team. One posted here back then. We played Xbox and so on a lot and he didn’t **** with Lebron for a good while.

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 01:07 PM
Never been to South Carolina but heard it's beautiful. I know a guy who bought a summer house there!

I live in Toronto and love it here but the weather is just brutal for 4-5 months of the year. I might move to a warm US state at some point.

My girlfriend wants us to get a house here or Texas for winter. I’d air bnb the place during summer since it’s warm everywhere in summer. Peak season daily price for the kind of house I’d buy is like 600 a day. Even with property manager fees and cleaning it would still be good money. Easily cover the payments for the year just off spring and summer.

I’m undecided.

highwhey
03-06-2023, 04:13 PM
I was actually waiting for someone to acknowledge he was in Phoenix too. How did she remember Dallas and not Phoenix?

phoenix doesn't get media coverage tbh. even during the nash era suns...suns were barely mentioned. it's the 5th biggest city in the country but most folks probably don't know that.

AirBonner
03-06-2023, 04:25 PM
Op is literally anywhere at any point at anytime.

highwhey
03-06-2023, 06:56 PM

it's called going outside, you should try it sometime.

AirBonner
03-06-2023, 08:26 PM
it's called going outside, you should try it sometime.

If I was morbidly obese that would make sense. But I assure you I see more sunlight than you.

Kblaze8855
03-06-2023, 09:08 PM

Im already in Orlando now. Leaving tomorrow for either Tampa or Atlanta. Whichever Genesis dealer can fix my car tomorrow. An old white lady backed into my car just as I was leaving Miami but there was no visible damage. I realized while driving she knocked the front sensors askew because my self driving thing slows down when a car is in the lane to my right. Thinks there’s an imminent collision. I’ve gotten too used to it on the highway so I need it done immediately. Orlando couldn’t get to it. I don’t really have to be anywhere so things like that make my decisions often.

We will hop on or get into whatever and go 600 miles because we saw something on tv or there’s a concert I wanna see. I’m more stationary in summer. But I duck cold weather all winter.

FultzNationRISE
03-06-2023, 09:42 PM

Funny isnt it, how he manages to be literally anywhere and everywhere EXCEPT LEBRON'S CORNER WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN???

Like how the FVCK does OP not punch the Lebron hating faaaakkit he encountered on the beach square in the teeth?? How the **** does he allow that man to continue breathing without a tube, and then OP has the audacity to come here and tell us he "doesnt hate Lebron."

It's a bunch of ****ing bullshit, and I intend to have a legal team review his moderator contract with ISH and determine if his failure to act against an irl LeHater constitutes an ethics/conduct violation as a basketball forum mod. If so I intend to seek maximum punishment under the ISH CBA.

3ba11
03-06-2023, 09:44 PM
Say hi to the Mayor Suarez.. My roommate in college

tontoz
03-06-2023, 09:56 PM
Im already in Orlando now. Leaving tomorrow for either Tampa or Atlanta. Whichever Genesis dealer can fix my car tomorrow. An old white lady backed into my car just as I was leaving Miami but there was no visible damage. I realized while driving she knocked the front sensors askew because my self driving thing slows down when a car is in the lane to my right. Thinks there’s an imminent collision. I’ve gotten too used to it on the highway so I need it done immediately. Orlando couldn’t get to it. I don’t really have to be anywhere so things like that make my decisions often.

We will hop on or get into whatever and go 600 miles because we saw something on tv or there’s a concert I wanna see. I’m more stationary in summer. But I duck cold weather all winter.

Taking your car to Miami isn't advisable lol. Worst drivers in the country.

Im so nba'd out
03-06-2023, 10:12 PM
You let all of us down by not jumping into that conversation and getting to the root of what Lebron did

tontoz
03-06-2023, 10:15 PM
You let all of us down by not jumping into that conversation and getting to the root of what Lebron did

The decision turned off a lot of people. They were burning his jersey ffs.

That written tirade by Dan Gilbert was one of the most epic meltdowns of all time. I was completely shocked when LeBron went back to the Cavs.

Im so nba'd out
03-06-2023, 10:49 PM
The decision turned off a lot of people. They were burning his jersey ffs.

That written tirade by Dan Gilbert was one of the most epic meltdowns of all time. I was completely shocked when LeBron went back to the Cavs.

I accidentally quoted you with that post. That was directed to the OP. My bad :oldlol: but who knows why Lebron had that guy melting down to the point of refusing to watch lol

Full Court
03-06-2023, 11:28 PM
I accidentally quoted you with that post. That was directed to the OP. My bad :oldlol: but who knows why Lebron had that guy melting down to the point of refusing to watch lol

Maybe he was still upset about when Lebron threw that dude onto AD's ankle and injured him last year.

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1472069095667343361

Full Court
03-06-2023, 11:33 PM
This could actually be a really fun fill in the blank game.

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron____________."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron led a superteam to the lottery."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron tried to trademark Taco Tuesday."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron lost his 6th finals."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron got broken by Devin Booker."

1987_Lakers
03-06-2023, 11:55 PM
Funny isnt it, how he manages to be literally anywhere and everywhere EXCEPT LEBRON'S CORNER WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN???

Like how the FVCK does OP not punch the Lebron hating faaaakkit he encountered on the beach square in the teeth?? How the **** does he allow that man to continue breathing without a tube, and then OP has the audacity to come here and tell us he "doesnt hate Lebron."

It's a bunch of ****ing bullshit, and I intend to have a legal team review his moderator contract with ISH and determine if his failure to act against an irl LeHater constitutes an ethics/conduct violation as a basketball forum mod. If so I intend to seek maximum punishment under the ISH CBA.

Nobody makes me laugh more than this dude on here. :oldlol:

Jasper
03-07-2023, 12:58 AM
Thank goodness OP didn't run into some old actors

IE: poopsie's stories

Kblaze8855
03-07-2023, 10:34 AM
phoenix doesn't get media coverage tbh. even during the nash era suns...suns were barely mentioned. it's the 5th biggest city in the country but most folks probably don't know that.

Sounds like San Jose and Fort Worth. Giant cities it seems like nobody talks about. The suns at least make people say the word “Phoenix”. I like going places like that where I have no idea what to expect. I’ll probably fly to Phoenix next time I’m in Texas for a couple weeks. Maybe give you a heads up. Didn’t work out too well last time I intended a brief ish meetup.

It was a long time ago(2011 maybe) and a very different woman I was traveling with but she kinda made me feel like a lame. “We have limited time and you wanna spend some with one of your internet buddies you already talk to all day?”. Put that way I couldn’t justify it. And she actually met me online…and posted here a little. You’d figure she would get that it wasn’t that weird. But not all fights are worth having.

Two others who did that particular meetup(they already lived in Texas where I was at the time) ended up judging a wet tshirt contest at a club with some solid images resulting.

Kblaze8855
03-07-2023, 10:35 AM

I’ve noticed but I’ve been able to avoid them for years. This one backed into me at a ****ing stoplight when I had another car behind me. Nowhere to go.

Kblaze8855
03-07-2023, 10:38 AM
This could actually be a really fun fill in the blank game.

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron____________."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron led a superteam to the lottery."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron tried to trademark Taco Tuesday."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron lost his 6th finals."

"I don’t follow the nba much anymore. I gave up on the nba when Lebron got broken by Devin Booker."

I don’t think most of those are narratives normal sports fans know or care about. I figure it had to be the decision.

Axe
03-07-2023, 11:06 AM
I don’t think most of those are narratives normal sports fans know or care about. I figure it had to be the decision.
You're right. If anything, it has to be a mongoloid fan who's extremely autistic.

dankok8
03-07-2023, 11:18 AM
Since it's Miami maybe it's a butthurt Heat fan that Lebron left or maybe because of the 2020 Finals...