PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin in today's NBA

Dbrog
03-10-2023, 02:05 PM
All this Jokic talk had me thinking on Nuggets past which then reminded me of K Mart. You think about his play style and athleticism at the time and he didn't really have the space to utilize it, especially against the Bigs of that time. However, nowadays he would have more than enough space to run lanes and dunk on people or take the little nifty midrange shot he had in his arsenal. In some ways, those early Nets teams resembled how much of the league now w/ R Jeff and Kittle on the perimeter who could pop the 3 and an extremely skilled guard running the floor. Kidd got K Mart so many oops back then even against the heavy defensive big teams...what would they do now?

Anyway, point is that K Mart was actually a very fluid big (unlike many of the stiffs now who just stand around shooting 3s) with good sense of positioning. I think he could potentially dominate much more now than he did back then...especially with his physicality

Xiao Yao You
03-10-2023, 02:36 PM
All this Jokic talk had me thinking on Nuggets past which then reminded me of K Mart. You think about his play style and athleticism at the time and he didn't really have the space to utilize it, especially against the Bigs of that time. However, nowadays he would have more than enough space to run lanes and dunk on people or take the little nifty midrange shot he had in his arsenal. In some ways, those early Nets teams resembled how much of the league now w/ R Jeff and Kittle on the perimeter who could pop the 3 and an extremely skilled guard running the floor. Kidd got K Mart so many oops back then even against the heavy defensive big teams...what would they do now?

Anyway, point is that K Mart was actually a very fluid big (unlike many of the stiffs now who just stand around shooting 3s) with good sense of positioning. I think he could potentially dominate much more now than he did back then...especially with his physicality

couldn't use his physicality now like then and no one would want him taking mid range shots

HoopologyPhD
03-10-2023, 02:57 PM
Terrible shooter

Dbrog
03-10-2023, 03:02 PM
couldn't use his physicality now like then and no one would want him taking mid range shots

Could be the case where they call him for endless fouls. Or maybe people would just get out of his way or hack him like they do Bron.

L.Kizzle
03-10-2023, 04:37 PM
He wasn't that good.

SaltyMeatballs
03-10-2023, 11:55 PM
He would just be a better defensive version of Aaron Gordon with no jumpshot

j3lademaster
03-11-2023, 04:24 AM
He’d be Obi Toppin.

dirkdiggler41
03-11-2023, 05:22 AM
The reason why Montrezl Harrell is not playing is because of his defense. Kenyon Martin played excellent defense.