PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Smart Takes Down Trae Young

Full Court
03-12-2023, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1634747455232409600

:lol

Smart's grappling is about on the same level as Rondo's boxing.

Real Men Wear Green
03-12-2023, 01:30 PM
Smart has been hit in the jewels a lot. I'm guessing over 10 times during games. He shouldn't have reacted like that, Young wasn't trying to hurt him but the repeated blows have made him hypersensitive. I honestly hope he can still have kids.

BarberSchool
03-12-2023, 01:38 PM
That’s an unnatural & sustained leg motion/position by Trae, Smart is in the right here to slam that little sh!t to the floor.

insight
03-12-2023, 02:12 PM
That’s an unnatural & sustained leg motion/position by Trae, Smart is in the right here to slam that little sh!t to the floor.

Unatural, what are you talking about, have you ever played basketball a day in your life? If you are moving full speed to the basket and pull to make a floater you have to extend your legs to balance yourself. Stop making excuses for a Smart acting like a punk. Trae should have got an and 1, refs clearly have a vendentta against him.

BarberSchool
03-12-2023, 02:17 PM
Unatural, what are you talking about, have you ever played basketball a day in your life? If you are moving full speed to the basket and pull to make a floater you have to extend your legs to balance yourself. Stop making excuses for a Smart acting like a punk. Trae should have got an and 1, refs clearly have a vendentta against him.I played D-1 ball in the MVC, where did you play ?

Full Court
03-12-2023, 03:58 PM
Smart has been hit in the jewels a lot. I'm guessing over 10 times during games. He shouldn't have reacted like that, Young wasn't trying to hurt him but the repeated blows have made him hypersensitive. I honestly hope he can still have kids.

To be fair though, Smart is the type of guy that just makes people really want to nut check him...

insight
03-12-2023, 04:09 PM
I played D-1 ball in the MVC, where did you play ?

I played at Morehouse but any AAU middle school player could recognize there was nothing intentional about Trae Youngs movement. Trae Young was looking up locked in on making the bucket, his leg flipped out because he had to angle his body back to make the bucket before passing the backboard angle.
You either have a very low B-Ball IQ or you are cat fishing MVC

BarberSchool
03-12-2023, 06:14 PM
I played at Morehouse but any AAU middle school player could recognize there was nothing intentional about Trae Youngs movement. Trae Young was looking up locked in on making the bucket, his leg flipped out because he had to angle his body back to make the bucket before passing the backboard angle.
You either have a very low B-Ball IQ or you are cat fishing MVC
You the one fronting like that’s a totally natural movement to gain balance/stability in the air.

Did you defend Draymond ? Reggie Miller ? Etc.

Get real man, every slasher with a good floater game knows what motions are natural to gain balance thru contact, or to aid in re-adjusting mid-air … and this motion by Trae’s back leg is NEITHER. It was AT BEST used to maintain space from Smart …. At worst, an intentional shot to the balls, after being frustrated with how close Smart played his small frame during previous possessions.

insight
03-12-2023, 06:33 PM
You the one fronting like that’s a totally natural movement to gain balance/stability in the air.

Did you defend Draymond ? Reggie Miller ? Etc.

Get real man, every slasher with a good floater game knows what motions are natural to gain balance thru contact, or to aid in re-adjusting mid-air … and this motion by Trae’s back leg is NEITHER. It was AT BEST used to maintain space from Smart …. At worst, an intentional shot to the balls, after being frustrated with how close Smart played his small frame during previous possessions.

Maintain space, Marcus Smart pushed him as he was leaping off the ground. Marcus Smart couldn't guard him, fouled him when he blew by and was upset when his leg hit him. The basket should have counted, and the Hawks should have got the ball back when Smart slammed him to the ground.
Funny how he didn't do ANYTHING when Embid kicked him in the groin, the dudes a punk.

BarberSchool
03-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Maintain space, Marcus Smart pushed him as he was leaping off the ground. Marcus Smart couldn't guard him, fouled him when he blew by and was upset when his leg hit him. The basket should have counted, and the Hawks should have got the ball back when Smart slammed him to the ground.
Funny how he didn't do ANYTHING when Embid kicked him in the groin, the dudes a punk.

I can’t go so far as to say Smart is a punk.
He’s definitely an annoying, overly space-invading, pesky, cheap defender.
But Smart’s mega tough & strong for a 6’3” dude. Plays more like he’s 6’5”, can rebound in traffic almost as well as Lou Dort.

And even though Embiid is mentally soft and physically overweight, the MF still 7ft and 300+, even a lazy jab from Embiid gonna hit hard AF gloveless, and be a likely KO if it touched the temple or tempromandibular nerve.

AirBonner
03-12-2023, 07:44 PM
But Smart’s mega tough & strong for a 6’3” dude. Plays more like he’s 6’5”, can rebound in traffic almost as well as Lou Dort.

And even though Embiid is mentally soft and physically overweight, the MF still 7ft and 300+, even a lazy jab from Embiid gonna hit hard AF gloveless, and be a likely KO if it touched the temple or tempromandibular nerve.

Embiid is sent crying in the tunnel yearly stfu

insight
03-13-2023, 06:51 AM

I actually love Smarts game, you need a guy like that on your team who plays with a chip on his shoulder and competes at the highest level. With that said he still is a punk just like Dennis Rodman was when he would stick out his leg and trip the defender then claim it was a charge. You love playing with guys like Smart but hate playing against them.

Full Court
03-13-2023, 07:03 AM
I actually love Smarts game, you need a guy like that on your team who plays with a chip on his shoulder and competes at the highest level. With that said he still is a punk just like Dennis Rodman was when he would stick out his leg and trip the defender then claim it was a charge. You love playing with guys like Smart but hate playing against them.

Yeah, it's true. I'd probably like him if he were on my team. I hated Rodman before the Bulls picked him up.