PDA

View Full Version : skip and Sharpe analysis Tatum

Jasper
03-14-2023, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oISjotZe0

been telling everyone Tatum is not the player the media propped him up to be.

MVP level :facepalm

Airupthere
03-14-2023, 03:32 PM
Tatum is not that guy. The Bucks are the likeliest to be in the finals this year.

Real Men Wear Green
03-14-2023, 03:44 PM
3 of Tatum's 5 seasons to date have reached the eastern conference finals with one trip to the Finals. 4 time all star twice AllNBA one time first team and likely about to repeat that one. I don't know what being "that guy" means but Tatum is on his way to a great career.

FultzNationRISE
03-14-2023, 06:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oISjotZe0

been telling everyone Tatum is not the player the media propped him up to be.

MVP level :facepalm

So have I.

He's a very good all-around player who is the go-to scorer for his team, so he has good stats.

But this song is about Tatum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rfpda1s-o

FultzNationRISE
03-14-2023, 06:03 PM
3 of Tatum's 5 seasons to date have reached the eastern conference finals with one trip to the Finals. 4 time all star twice AllNBA one time first team and likely about to repeat that one. I don't know what being "that guy" means but Tatum is on his way to a great career.

Shut the **** up you worthless retarded **** sucker, nobody cares about anything you type.

SouBeachTalents
03-14-2023, 06:10 PM
I don't get all the Tatum skepticism. Sure, he's not in that Giannis/Jokic BITW tier, but he's easily one of the 10 best players in the league, is elite on both sides of the floor, just helped his team come within 2 wins of the title last year, and he just turned 25 years old. It's very conceivable he could lead Boston to a title over the next couple of years while continuing to improve as a player.

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Shut the **** up you worthless retarded **** sucker, nobody cares about anything you type.

:banana:

Jasper
03-14-2023, 08:24 PM
I don't get all the Tatum skepticism. Sure, he's not in that Giannis/Jokic BITW tier, but he's easily one of the 10 best players in the league, is elite on both sides of the floor, just helped his team come within 2 wins of the title last year, and he just turned 25 years old. It's very conceivable he could lead Boston to a title over the next couple of years while continuing to improve as a player.

that is just it , according to Tatum lovers as well as media from last year into this season , he supposed to lead them to the promised land THIS YEAR.

he can't carry his team , but Brown can.

Wally450
03-14-2023, 09:16 PM
[/B]
that is just it , according to Tatum lovers as well as media from last year into this season , he supposed to lead them to the promised land THIS YEAR.

he can't carry his team , but Brown can.

Then why didn't Brown lead them last night? They lost to the worst team in the league.

Real Men Wear Green
03-14-2023, 09:24 PM
Then why didn't Brown lead them last night? They lost to the worst team in the league.

To be fair, two points is two points. Both players are important. For some reason Jasper has decided that Tatum sucks and Brown is the key to success. He's clueless. But that doesn't mean that we should turn on Brown to prop Tatum up in response. That kind of thing is what's wrong with the James stans.

Manny98
03-14-2023, 10:22 PM
Most overrated player in the league

Airupthere
03-14-2023, 10:37 PM
The Celtics are successful when they play hard as a team. Not because Tatum is the guy that leads them. Tatum is a solid player obviously, same as Brown. But they are still both inconsistent.

Keno
03-14-2023, 11:08 PM
tatum is overrated and he's a pretender at best. he's a poor mans paul george. brown is a better and more reliable player than tatum.

RRR3
03-14-2023, 11:15 PM
tatum is overrated and he's a pretender at best. he's a poor mans paul george. brown is a better and more reliable player than tatum.
Yikes imagine believing this

CurryOverLebron
03-15-2023, 12:04 AM
Boston Celtics do best when Jayson Tatum is best player on the team.

When someone else is in that role such as Kyrie, they get eliminated quickly out of playoffs like in 2019 to Milwaukee. When Tatum is in that role, they get to conference finals and lose in 6 or 7 games.

As for Brown being the better player, only Tatum haters think that. He's not even alpha enough to take that role from Tatum like Kyrie did. It's why Tatum is Celtics closer and not Brown.

As for Tatum not being as dominant regular season player. Who cares about regular season. It's all about playoffs. Tatum has a better playoff resume than all players in NBA except for guys who've led their team to championships. Bus Riders like Durant don't count.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
The Celtics are successful when they play hard as a team. Not because Tatum is the guy that leads them. Tatum is a solid player obviously, same as Brown. But they are still both inconsistent.

Jayson tatum is averaging 30 points. How is he inconsistent? For him to be inconsistent he would have to be giving the Celtics 50 one night and then ten another. Calling a guy "inconsistent" is a go-to for a critic that doesn't have a real point to make. I will go ahead and tell you Tatum's two main flaws:

1. He takes too many threes off the dribble. He and Brown both would be more effective if Tatum focused on attacking the basket and Brown focused on attacking the basket and his midrange game. Take the three when it's an open look and someone else has set you up.

2. He gets too many turnovers passing.

iamgine
03-15-2023, 01:26 AM
Tatum is pretty far from MVP level but he's a legit franchise player. To me he's a lock at top 10-15 range today.

Boston is the deepest team in the league other than Memphis. Horford, Brogdon, Derrick White, Timelord, etc are some of the most elite role players you could ask for.

ImKobe
03-15-2023, 07:17 AM
Tatum is a solid top 15 player in the league, nothing else.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2023, 08:14 AM

You never give up. It isn't admirable.

ShawkFactory
03-15-2023, 09:39 AM

:lol

Wally450
03-15-2023, 09:40 AM
To be fair, two points is two points. Both players are important. For some reason Jasper has decided that Tatum sucks and Brown is the key to success. He's clueless. But that doesn't mean that we should turn on Brown to prop Tatum up in response. That kind of thing is what's wrong with the James stans.

Oh I agree. Tatum's been in a slump since the ASG. They usually get up for the big games, but play to the level of their opponent when they play lesser teams. They should've been able to win the Rockets game with one hand tied behind their back. That's one thing that frustrates me when it comes to Mazzulla. He thinks there's nothing wrong and they'll be fine (I think they will be, but my pessimism is showing). I think the rest of this road trip will tell us a lot about them as we get closer to the postseason.

Jasper
03-15-2023, 10:05 AM
he is not in a slump.
When Brown was out - Tatum felt as if he had to carry the team , because the media and fans like above think he is a top ten player.

HE IS NOT... and can not carry his team because the pressure is to great for him.
I saw the wrinkle in one game , when he missed a simple layup , and he rolled his eyes when he missed , because he thought he could do it , and
pressure does that to you. Elite players don't do that crap... he is still learning.
I give him another 2 years and he may very well be top 5.

* average NBA players that become elite mature at 26-28.
That is why Lebron James was so special ...

Wally450
03-15-2023, 10:37 AM
he is not in a slump.
When Brown was out - Tatum felt as if he had to carry the team , because the media and fans like above think he is a top ten player.

HE IS NOT... and can not carry his team because the pressure is to great for him.
I saw the wrinkle in one game , when he missed a simple layup , and he rolled his eyes when he missed , because he thought he could do it , and
pressure does that to you. Elite players don't do that crap... he is still learning.
I give him another 2 years and he may very well be top 5.

* average NBA players that become elite mature at 26-28.
That is why Lebron James was so special ...

Are you talking about this year or him as a whole? You talk about a missed layup at the end of a game to signify that a player can't carry.

How about when he dropped 46 in a must win game 6 on the road against Milwaukee in last year's playoffs, including 16 in the fourth?

Or despite not having a great shooting night against the Sixers a few weeks back, he hits the dagger 3 to win the game.

He's still learning, I'll give you that. There's still a lot of growing that Tatum can do, but that's the scary part. He's already this good and he still has room to grow? I'll take that.