Doomsday Dallas
03-21-2023, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udDIzriuDLg

Doomsday Dallas
03-21-2023, 10:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3I2fB2yGF0

Wally450
03-23-2023, 11:09 AM
Pats are in a weird predicament with #14. Do they go Tackle? Do they do Cornerback? Do they try for a #1 receiver? Some mocks have them taking Joey Porter Jr out of Penn State.

Bill can usually find talent on the line later in the draft. Same with secondary guys. He's swung and missed on receivers his whole career, which makes me wonder what he'll do. Probably take some random guy from a no name school again and leave us Pats fans scratching our heads. That or he trades down, which I think would be wrong.

Doomsday Dallas
03-23-2023, 08:51 PM
Pats are in a weird predicament with #14. Do they go Tackle? Do they do Cornerback? Do they try for a #1 receiver? Some mocks have them taking Joey Porter Jr out of Penn State.

Bill can usually find talent on the line later in the draft. Same with secondary guys. He's swung and missed on receivers his whole career, which makes me wonder what he'll do. Probably take some random guy from a no name school again and leave us Pats fans scratching our heads. That or he trades down, which I think would be wrong.

I've seen Bijan Robinson going @ 14

Pats may focus more on the Run Game

I don't know what the secondary situation is like in New England.

but if 4 QBs happen to be going in top 14 picks... I don't believe in drafting a DB with a top 10 pick. We almost took a DB instead of Parsons 2 years ago. It's almost never a good idea to draft corner with a high draft pick.

Lineman on Offense & Defense are more valuable at that spot... and Bijon Robinson is just good enough to take at 14, because you can split carries with R Stevenson, and you'll have the best RB duo in the league.

I was recently convinced the other day that Dallas should draft an Offensive lineman @ #26

I don't like it... but it make the most sense if the right player is available.

Doomsday Dallas
03-23-2023, 09:20 PM
Also... Once BiJan Robinson is taken at #14 by the Pats... we will have 11 more picks until Dallas is on the clock... and this is where we need to go with the 2nd best RB in the draft.

Pats do not take him @ 14.... he will go to one of these teams: Washington (16), Lions (18), Bucs (19), Seattle (20), Chargers (21)

Dallas will take him @ #26 if he gets past those teams, and nobody trades up... which is unlikely to happen.

I will be happy with Offense Line or Defensive Tackle.... but the 2nd best RB in this draft class is at the top of my wish-list: Jahmyr Gibbs.

dude looks like the 2nd coming of CJ2K, and if you can get a player that has Alvin Kamara like potential... you can't pass up the opportunity.

Hey Yo
03-25-2023, 07:28 PM
Blows my mind that QB Will Levis is considered a top 10 pick.

Wally450
03-26-2023, 08:31 PM
I've seen Bijan Robinson going @ 14

Pats may focus more on the Run Game

I don't know what the secondary situation is like in New England.

but if 4 QBs happen to be going in top 14 picks... I don't believe in drafting a DB with a top 10 pick. We almost took a DB instead of Parsons 2 years ago. It's almost never a good idea to draft corner with a high draft pick.

Lineman on Offense & Defense are more valuable at that spot... and Bijon Robinson is just good enough to take at 14, because you can split carries with R Stevenson, and you'll have the best RB duo in the league.

I was recently convinced the other day that Dallas should draft an Offensive lineman @ #26

I don't like it... but it make the most sense if the right player is available.

They just re-signed Jalen Mills to supposedly take over Devin McCourty's spot. Our CB's are the biggest need on the team arguably. Our number 1 is Jonathan Jones who is more of a mid level number 2, high end number 3.

I think Rhamondre Stevenson can be a big work load guy. The thing the Patriots have always had success with, is a pass catching back out of the backfield. Something Pierre Strong could become if he takes the next step.

I personally think Robinson will be one of the best players out of the draft, but I think the Pats have more important needs than RB.

Doomsday Dallas
03-28-2023, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNf28N431CQ

Doomsday Dallas
03-28-2023, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWHUzY8X_s8

Doomsday Dallas
04-19-2023, 08:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3Njqwblt0

Cowboys rumored to be taking this guy in the 1st round.

Charlie Sheen
04-20-2023, 11:17 AM
idk if Mayer lasts until 26. All of the stuff I am seeing says multiple TE's go in the first round because the WR class is bare on top talent after smith njigba.

Doomsday Dallas
04-26-2023, 10:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEe5P5IO5kg

Whoever takes this guy is getting a Tony Pollard and will become a legit playoff threat if he stays healthy.

1st round talent for sure... but projected to slip to the 2nd.

Wally450
04-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Where do you guys think Will Levis goes? I'm not high on him, but people have said that he doesn't drop outside the top 10.

Hey Yo
04-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Where do you guys think Will Levis goes? I'm not high on him, but people have said that he doesn't drop outside the top 10.

Betting odds on Levis going number 1 just recently skyrocketed after rumors on social media.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-draft-shocking-internet-rumor-about-identity-of-no-1-overall-pick-seems-to-be-shot-down-by-panthers/

Doomsday Dallas
04-27-2023, 09:57 PM
Lions are smart to take Gibbs, they will take over the NFC North now that Rodgers is gone.

Eagles getting Carter at DT is scary.

AlternativeAcc.
04-27-2023, 10:06 PM
Stroud is gonna be a massive bust. I put huge stock into the S2 test and he scored in the 14 percentile of all players...

Being a great QB relies on cognitive abilities pertaining to information processing in real time which is what the S2 tests.

No QB who has scored low on that has ever become a great QB.

Patrick Chewing
04-28-2023, 12:00 AM
Eagles have no excuse not to make it to the Super Bowl again.

Gougou
04-28-2023, 12:39 AM
Jalen Carter fall to the Eagles is actually insane. Some ppl actually rank him higher than Will Anderson earlier in the draft.

Patrick Chewing
04-28-2023, 02:17 PM
Will Levis's girlfriend is a total smoke show.

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/3f/4by3/2023/04/28/3f4732cfe42f43708c692b4c2635656d_md.jpg

https://bullcdn.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/image-3159.png

Wally450
04-28-2023, 02:26 PM
Patriots trade back and still get the best CB in the draft. :pimp:

TheMan
04-28-2023, 05:13 PM
Will Levis's girlfriend is a total smoke show.

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/3f/4by3/2023/04/28/3f4732cfe42f43708c692b4c2635656d_md.jpg

https://bullcdn.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/image-3159.png

So hawt...chick not bad either

Duderonomy
04-28-2023, 10:03 PM
Damn Detroit passed up Levis then drafted Hooker. They must know something we don't.

Jasper
04-28-2023, 10:11 PM
abc has draft / so I switched channels and watched SMACK DOWN -draft edition

shlt it's same fvck'n thing.

back to RUKU

Patrick Chewing
04-28-2023, 11:03 PM
abc has draft / so I switched channels and watched SMACK DOWN -draft edition

shlt it's same fvck'n thing.

back to RUKU

Whatever you say, gramps.

Manny98
04-29-2023, 12:43 PM
Eagles won the off-season

Don't see anyone beating this squad when healthy, Hurts MVP + Ring incoming!

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMDIwYTY3ZTg3ZWI4YjgwYzBhODk1ZjM 5MjU3OTc1MjY0N2U3YmRhZSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZzX 2dpZklkJmN0PWc/Rl65aBeHBVUc5BLzoL/giphy.gif

Charlie Sheen
04-29-2023, 01:40 PM
Eagles won the off-season

Don't see anyone beating this squad when healthy, Hurts MVP + Ring incoming!

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMDIwYTY3ZTg3ZWI4YjgwYzBhODk1ZjM 5MjU3OTc1MjY0N2U3YmRhZSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZzX 2dpZklkJmN0PWc/Rl65aBeHBVUc5BLzoL/giphy.gif

It is distasteful how some members of the media want their pound of flesh from Jalen. The guy is still a kid at 22. He made a bad choice...let him have the opportunity to grow and move on.

Doomsday Dallas
04-30-2023, 11:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQlReLULJfY

Doomsday Dallas
04-30-2023, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJxFaNDMo8s

Doomsday Dallas
04-30-2023, 11:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLE5G1WhVYk

Doomsday Dallas
05-03-2023, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-upOMERnUw

Lot's of hybrid type players. Good Depth. Dan Quinn is back. Serious Doomsday Legion of Boom potential.

DE: D-LAW, D.Armstrong, Sam Williams, Fowler, Golston, Viliami Fehoko Jr. (Round 4, Pick #129)

DT: Mazi (Round 1, Pick #26), Gallimore, Johnathan Hankins, Osa Odighizuwa

LB: Micah, LVE, DeMarvion Overshown (Round 3, Pick #90), Jabril Cox

CB: Diggs, Stephon Gilmore, Jourdan Lewis, DaRon Bland, C.J. Goodwin, Kelvin Joseph, Nahshon Wright, Israel Mukuamu

S: Jayron Kearse, Malik Hooker, Donovan Wilson,

Dorance Armstrong & Sam Williams = underrated

The Run can be contained better with Mazi

pass rush gonna make the DBs better than they already are.

Just need the offense & Dak to play better in the playoffs.... which may be unlikely, but it's possible with the right coaching.

Defense wins championships, this one is Top-5 in the league in 2023 w/ Dan Quinn running things.

Road to the SB will probably be through Philly or SF in the NFC... but Dallas isn't far behind.

4 months til kickoff.

Doomsday Dallas
06-03-2023, 03:56 PM
https://www.prosportsbackgrounds.com/wp-content/uploads/Dallas-Cowboys-wallpaper-schedule-desktop-2023-thumb.jpg

Nanners
09-24-2023, 07:32 AM
This is the first year in the past 2+ decades where I am starting to think that it might be the year where the boys finally put it all together again.

Despite losing a celebrity RB the offense is still as potent as ever...and the real reason the boys are a threat to win it all is the defense - they are elite and stacked at every defensive position. When your defense is elite you dont need much else... the next important variable would be a talented QB.

"Defense wins championships" and despite the fact that mike mccarthy is beyond useless I still think the boys are favorites to win this championship because of their defense. Its too bad that McCarthy is the coach instead of someone like McVey or McDaniel or McDermott...is it not a little absurd how many Irish head coaches there are in this league?

bladefd
09-24-2023, 07:04 PM
Trevon Diggs was a big blow to their secondary.

I think San Francisco are the clear favorites so far. Assuming they can stay healthy.

Carbine
09-24-2023, 11:09 PM
I've felt for awhile now that the 'back 7" is more important than the front 7 these days. When you watch how sacks occur, it's very rare that it's an instant sack off instant pressure. It's usually because the QB has to hold the ball and that gives the pass rush enough time to collapse the pocket.

When the QB can receive the snap and fire to his first read all the time, the pass rush has no chance.

That's not to say the front isn't important. It clearly goes hand in hand with the pass coverage. I'd just put emphasis on building a complete back 7 if I were building a defense from scratch.

I think the loss of Diggs showed a little of why I think that. All it takes is one bad player in the back 7 to ruin an otherwise truly elite defense. It reminds me of when the Legion of Boom when they had an injury to a corner and had to bring in a "bad' player to replace and he got picked on over and over again. Even though the rest of the defense was all time elite, it didn't matter.

Nanners
10-08-2023, 04:28 AM
I've felt for awhile now that the 'back 7" is more important than the front 7 these days. When you watch how sacks occur, it's very rare that it's an instant sack off instant pressure. It's usually because the QB has to hold the ball and that gives the pass rush enough time to collapse the pocket.

When the QB can receive the snap and fire to his first read all the time, the pass rush has no chance.

That's not to say the front isn't important. It clearly goes hand in hand with the pass coverage. I'd just put emphasis on building a complete back 7 if I were building a defense from scratch.

I think the loss of Diggs showed a little of why I think that. All it takes is one bad player in the back 7 to ruin an otherwise truly elite defense. It reminds me of when the Legion of Boom when they had an injury to a corner and had to bring in a "bad' player to replace and he got picked on over and over again. Even though the rest of the defense was all time elite, it didn't matter.

the legion of boom only ever had one "elite" corner (that corner was brandon browner... who became non-elite overnight thanks to the pro-offense rule changes after Peytons Broncos got steamrolled by the hawks in the superbowl - https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/get-ready-for-the-legion-of-boom-rule).

Carbine
10-09-2023, 07:19 PM
Sherman is going to be considered for the HOF and probably gets in relatively easy within the first couple tries.

warriorfan
10-14-2023, 05:37 PM

No. It’s all about pass rush. Even the best corners can only cover a wide receiver for so long. The advantage the receiver gets over the DB grows as the play extends. Then we go into the run game and of course D line makes a much bigger difference. This is why very mobile qb’s can be somewhat cheat codes. When a QB is about to bounce out of the pocket and extend a play for a long period, someone is going to eventually be open almost everytime, and if no one is they can often jog to the sticks to pick up a first down. Then if you rush them too hard you open yourself out for draws up the middle. It can get very tough to defend.

Middle linebacker is more important then secondary a lot of the time

Great defenses aren’t built around lockdown corners. You need a good defense already and then that lockdown corner is icing on the cake to give you a best in the league/possible all time greats type of defense.

Carbine
10-17-2023, 09:59 PM
I didn't say lockdown corners. I said the back 7, which constitutes a lot more than just the two outside corners. How's that defense doing for Washington ther past numerous years with a great Dline? Our Dline in Indy is very good, defense is shit because our back 7 in coverage is not very good. Eagles pass rush was legendary last year and couldn't stop Mahommes because it was uncontested throw after uncontested throw in the Superbowl, highlighted by two uncontested touchdown passes.

There's examples both ways here. Everyone has different philosophies.

Nanners
10-22-2023, 07:37 AM
I wont argue against anybody who says pass rush is the most important aspect of a NFL defense (its true), but secondary is where a great defense can become a truly elite defense. Theres a reason why nobody remembers the names of the pass rushers on the seahawks legion of boom defense, while everyone remembers richard sherman, kam chancellor, earl thomas, and bobby wagner (honorable mention to brandon browner and KJ wright).

warriorfan
10-23-2023, 11:35 AM
I didn't say lockdown corners. I said the back 7, which constitutes a lot more than just the two outside corners. How's that defense doing for Washington ther past numerous years with a great Dline? Our Dline in Indy is very good, defense is shit because our back 7 in coverage is not very good. Eagles pass rush was legendary last year and couldn't stop Mahommes because it was uncontested throw after uncontested throw in the Superbowl, highlighted by two uncontested touchdown passes.

There's examples both ways here. Everyone has different philosophies.

There is a point with how offenses have gotten better at getting the ball out extremely quickly. I will say using Patrick Mahomes as an example is not a good one because he’s an extreme outlier that can pretty much torch any defense constructed. Going back to getting it out early. Pass rush still comes into play. Even if the QB is getting it out really fast, if there is still consistent pressure it’s going to have a greater chance to force a mistake. A QB can theoretically dink and dunk and carve up a defense the entire game while getting it out ~2.5 seconds everytime, but it’s much easier said then done. And if he’s barely getting it out on time from pass rush even when getting rid of it quickly it’s going to make it more difficult.

I wont argue against anybody who says pass rush is the most important aspect of a NFL defense (its true), but secondary is where a great defense can become a truly elite defense. Theres a reason why nobody remembers the names of the pass rushers on the seahawks legion of boom defense, while everyone remembers richard sherman, kam chancellor, earl thomas, and bobby wagner (honorable mention to brandon browner and KJ wright).

Yes. There’s more then one way to skin a cat. That secondary was beyond loaded. They dominated everyone pretty much. The only guy who used to consistently get the best of them it seemed was Julio Jones. And Julio in his prime was as much of an unguardable freak as there ever was so there’s not much shame in that.

How I see defense in my opinion is three levels. 1st level D line, second level Linebackers, third level corners and safeties.

1st level initiates the play, they are then supported by the 2nd level linebackers, which in turn are supported by the 3rd level corners and safeties.

I would say generally speaking I would prioritize personnel strength in the same way, first to d line, second to linebackers, third to corners and safeties .

I’m not saying secondary isn’t important. I think ideally you have a good balance between all three while having at least one all star standout in each level playing a “center fielder” type role where they lead and help direct their cores.

GOBB
11-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Jalen Carter fall to the Eagles is actually insane. Some ppl actually rank him higher than Will Anderson earlier in the draft.

Steal of the draft.

Charlie Sheen
11-06-2023, 12:57 PM
No. It’s all about pass rush. Even the best corners can only cover a wide receiver for so long. The advantage the receiver gets over the DB grows as the play extends. Then we go into the run game and of course D line makes a much bigger difference. This is why very mobile qb’s can be somewhat cheat codes. When a QB is about to bounce out of the pocket and extend a play for a long period, someone is going to eventually be open almost everytime, and if no one is they can often jog to the sticks to pick up a first down. Then if you rush them too hard you open yourself out for draws up the middle. It can get very tough to defend.

Middle linebacker is more important then secondary a lot of the time

Great defenses aren’t built around lockdown corners. You need a good defense already and then that lockdown corner is icing on the cake to give you a best in the league/possible all time greats type of defense.

9ers fan yeah? MLB is the most important position when you have Warner and Willis out there for majority of the last 15 years for sure. Cant replace that. :lol

1987_Lakers
12-31-2023, 05:47 PM

Nanners
12-31-2023, 06:39 PM
Yes. There’s more then one way to skin a cat. That secondary was beyond loaded. They dominated everyone pretty much. The only guy who used to consistently get the best of them it seemed was Julio Jones. And Julio in his prime was as much of an unguardable freak as there ever was so there’s not much shame in that.

How I see defense in my opinion is three levels. 1st level D line, second level Linebackers, third level corners and safeties.

1st level initiates the play, they are then supported by the 2nd level linebackers, which in turn are supported by the 3rd level corners and safeties.

I would say generally speaking I would prioritize personnel strength in the same way, first to d line, second to linebackers, third to corners and safeties .

I’m not saying secondary isn’t important. I think ideally you have a good balance between all three while having at least one all star standout in each level playing a “center fielder” type role where they lead and help direct their cores.

dont disagree with a single word of this :cheers: