PDA

View Full Version : SGA ethered Lebron

PeroAntic
03-22-2023, 03:31 PM
“I never liked [LeBron's] game. To me, when I was younger he was just super athletic, I wasn't that. He was 6'8", and super strong and I wasn't that either.”

- SGA on LeBron’s game growing up (Via Pass The Rock | h/t @ESPNNBA)

We've been saying this all along. Lebron is great but he doesn't inspire anyone to play like him.

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2023, 03:32 PM
He doesn't inspire SGA but saying no one wants to play like him is silly.

ShawkFactory
03-22-2023, 03:42 PM
I don't really think it's a downfall that someone doesn't inspire others to play like them with the reason being that people realize they can't.

PeroAntic
03-22-2023, 03:44 PM

There is no way to mold your game based on Lebron. Unless you count stiff arming as a skill, all you can do is basically just take steroids.

Also SGA said explicitly "I dont like his game". Real ballers appreciate skill not athelticism.

tontoz
03-22-2023, 03:52 PM
I think the key words in his quote were "I wasn't that". He was probably more interested in guys who play in a way he could emulate.

Luka idolized Lebron and can play similarly. Luka probably plays bully ball more than Lebron did.

RRR3
03-22-2023, 03:58 PM
There is no way to mold your game based on Lebron. Unless you count stiff arming as a skill, all you can do is basically just take steroids.

Also SGA said explicitly "I dont like his game". Real ballers appreciate skill not athelticism.
Saying LeBron doesn’t have skill is just proving you’re retarded. You’re a Rose stan LeBron is like 500x more skilled than Rose (who became a bum once he lost athleticism) but you’re too stupid to realize it because you jerk off to crossovers.

highwhey
03-22-2023, 04:06 PM
I think the key words in his quote were "I wasn't that". He was probably more interested in guys who play in a way he could emulate.

Luka idolized Lebron and can play similarly. Luka probably plays bully ball more than Lebron did.

This is the consequence of allowing foreigners with poor reading comprehension to participate in basketball discourse.

ShawkFactory
03-22-2023, 04:10 PM

“Real ballers” can appreciate both for what they are.

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2023, 04:41 PM
You shouldn't have to like him to realize that James is the most popular player in the NBA. Almost no one is seven feet tall but kids so l grew up wanting to be Shaq. Kids fantasies aren't about being realistic.

RRR3
03-22-2023, 04:45 PM
You shouldn't have to like him to realize that James is the most popular player in the NBA. Almost no one is seven feet tall but kids so l grew up wanting to be Shaq. Kids fantasies aren't about being realistic.
Fantasizing about being an NBA player is unrealistic tbqh, let alone a consensus top 3 player ever.

LAL
03-22-2023, 04:47 PM
:oldlol:

I don't really think it's a downfall that someone doesn't inspire others to play like them with the reason being that people realize they can't.

Saying LeBron doesn’t have skill is just proving you’re retarded. You’re a Rose stan LeBron is like 500x more skilled than Rose (who became a bum once he lost athleticism) but you’re too stupid to realize it because you jerk off to crossovers.
lol

“Real ballers” can appreciate both for what they are.

HylianNightmare
03-22-2023, 04:56 PM
LeNotthatinspiring

k0kakw0rld
03-22-2023, 05:00 PM
“I never liked [LeBron's] game. To me, when I was younger he was just super athletic, I wasn't that. He was 6'8", and super strong and I wasn't that either.”

We've been saying this all along. Lebron is great but he doesn't inspire anyone to play like him.
Every time I pass by this forum. This idiot is always posting about LeBron. Most of his posts are stupid too.

Tell Shai that when he was 9 years old, LeBron was in the NBA scoring 29 points of his team's last 30 points vs one of the greatest team ever assembled and he was 2 years younger than you are today (mostly jumpers).

I believe MJ was also athletic from the get go NO? Idiots :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

tontoz
03-22-2023, 05:12 PM

lol

Use your words

ShawkFactory
03-22-2023, 05:15 PM
Use your words

Things tend to go south for him quickly when he's forced to do that.

SouBeachTalents
03-22-2023, 05:16 PM

RRR3
03-22-2023, 05:31 PM
:yaohappy:

Time to log in to nineiron and legend248 for backup!

3ba11
03-22-2023, 05:46 PM

- SGA on LeBronÂ’s game growing up (Via Pass The Rock | h/t @ESPNNBA)

Based on NBA.com statistics, every star perimeter player has a shot allocation of mostly jumpers, except Lebron

He's the only guy that can't take those ad-hoc, off-the-cuff jumpers or live off them - he's the only guy that lacks expert jumpshooting skill, while guys like SGA, Luka, Tatum or old players like Kobe or MJ can live off their jumpshot .. These guys have superior jumpshooting and better repertoire off-the-dribble.

Btw, jumpshooters get hot and make defenders think "what...... must..... I...... do"..... Defenders are also scared because they can blame rim attacks on the help D, but a hot jumpshooter requires double teaming (coach drawing up double team is an EMASCULATION of a defender that they fear)..

RRR3
03-22-2023, 05:47 PM
d-duh-uhhh
Too petrified to make threads because you'll get banned :yaohappy:

3ba11
03-22-2023, 05:54 PM
Too petrified to make threads because you'll get banned :yaohappy:

I don't give a shit about getting banned dumbass - I have a lot of shit to do because my life is dope and I answer to no one

I'll make threads when I have something insightful to say

Full Court
03-22-2023, 06:21 PM

Depends what you mean by playing like him. I'm sure there's tons of kids who idolize him and want to be like him, but I doubt there are many that aspiring basketball players (HS and college level) that actually try to emulate his style of play.

RRR3
03-22-2023, 06:39 PM
I don't give a shit about getting banned dumbass - I have a lot of shit to do because my life is dope and I answer to no one

I'll make threads when I have something insightful to say
Considering you rarely make threads anymore, quite a self-own

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2023, 06:48 PM
Depends what you mean by playing like him. I'm sure there's tons of kids who idolize him and want to be like him, but I doubt there are many that aspiring basketball players (HS and college level) that actually try to emulate his style of play.

What is his style? Attack the basket shoot threes hit the open man. He thinks like a point guard while being Karl Malone from the waist up and Vince Carter from the waist down. Basic guard skill set. Being a 6'8 270 pound monster is something almost no player can emulate which is part of Alexander's point. The only guys that have a body kind of like James are Williamson and Banchero and Banchero doesn't have the athleticism. Even a future star at 15 is going to be 6'5 and 190.

PeroAntic
03-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Bronies so riled up talking about Rose, foreigners, going into critical analysis of SGA's words lol.

Look how mad this bum is

Every time I pass by this forum. This idiot is always posting about LeBron. Most of his posts are stupid too.

Tell Shai that when he was 9 years old, LeBron was in the NBA scoring 29 points of his team's last 30 points vs one of the greatest team ever assembled and he was 2 years younger than you are today (mostly jumpers).

I believe MJ was also athletic from the get go NO? Idiots :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

https://media.tenor.com/xMZ_d5GInNYAAAAM/kobe-what.gif

Shai said it boys, not me. Dont kill the messenger. Lebron has no style or grace. Deal with it.

Wally450
03-22-2023, 07:06 PM

That's... not true at all. :facepalm

BallsOut
03-22-2023, 07:39 PM

Don’t forget crab dribbling, traveling, flopping, forming superteams and crying to the refs. Gee I wonder why NBA players don’t like LeBron

:lebronamazed:

Real Men Wear Green
03-22-2023, 08:29 PM
Don’t forget crab dribbling, traveling, flopping, forming superteams and crying to the refs. Gee I wonder why NBA players don’t like LeBron

:lebronamazed:

Players don't like him and yet Wade bosh and AD all colluded to play with him?

SATAN
03-22-2023, 09:06 PM
OP proving he doesn't know anything about basketball. :applause:

kawhileonard2
03-22-2023, 09:38 PM

And he wants to destroy him head to head again.

Full Court
03-22-2023, 10:01 PM
OP proving he doesn't know anything about basketball. :applause:

SGA ethered Lebron...

Just like Beezleblubber gets ethered on here every day. :lol

PeroAntic
03-23-2023, 06:46 AM
Players don't like him and yet Wade bosh and AD all colluded to play with him?

Nobody says Lebron doesn't improve your team's chance of winning. Of course he does due to his attributes. But this is not about winning or about attributes, its about basketball identity and the emotion attached to it. And this is where his lack of finesse makes him meh for youngsters that are looking for someone to emulate as they are getting into basketball.

Truth be told in recent times Lebron played more with skill due to athletic decline, but its too late since his entire career was based on freight train basketball.

StrongLurk
03-23-2023, 10:18 AM
Yall gotta realize that young players in the NBA grew up as haters/stans on the internet/social media just like we did...in fact they are even worse.

So yeah, young players talking about Lebron is a nothing-burger either way. At some point they were 12 years old posting dumb memes about Lebron or majorly stanning him.

SGA in particular is a MASSIVE Kobe stan, so he is never going to be a Lebron fan. It's a weird phenomenon that only exists currently. SGA even has Kobe ahead of MJ all time.

SATAN
03-23-2023, 10:34 AM
Nobody says Lebron doesn't improve your team's chance of winning. Of course he does due to his attributes. But this is not about winning or about attributes, its about basketball identity and the emotion attached to it. And this is where his lack of finesse makes him meh for youngsters that are looking for someone to emulate as they are getting into basketball.

You are trying too hard and not putting forth any real substance. It's a pathetic alt.

warriorfan
03-23-2023, 11:19 AM
Bronies so riled up talking about Rose, foreigners, going into critical analysis of SGA's words lol.

Look how mad this bum is

https://media.tenor.com/xMZ_d5GInNYAAAAM/kobe-what.gif

Shai said it boys, not me. Dont kill the messenger. Lebron has no style or grace. Deal with it.

lmaooo

they got ethered hard and now are fumin’ :lol :lol

I don’t think any young ball players watch a game with lebron and go “I’m going to offensive foul my way into the paint and pass to the corner next time I play”