PDA

View Full Version : About 15 minutes later he was traded for both Dirk and Nash*.

Kblaze8855
03-26-2023, 03:10 PM
*the 19th pick in the same draft which was itself swapped for Nash the same night.

https://youtu.be/HAqsqc5C40Q

Feels like when your entire intro video is covered by a discussion on how you got your eating under control so you would be draftable you wouldn’t be valued so highly. Feels like that should’ve been around the time teams stop drafting big projects so highly. Well, he wasn’t exactly a project because he was considered somewhat ready, but his body and conditioning was a project. I feel like even then they should’ve seen a shift in the game coming with how mobile a lot of young bigs were but I guess it’s just hindsight. A team still drafted Thabeet over Curry and Harden in 09 well after the transition away from dominant centers had begun.

simplest explanation is that drafting is hard and nobody really knows what they’re doing I guess.

baudkarma
03-26-2023, 06:03 PM
I remember reading a draft review after the fact, and the writer torched the Mavs for trading "NBA ready" Traylor for some soft Euro.