PDA

View Full Version : Warriors win vs Pelicans was a statement game

Atlantis
03-29-2023, 03:18 AM
Both teams were fighting for their playoff lives.

Warriors down by 20.

Every time the Warriors made a run and closed it to high single digits, the Pelicans extended the lead back to double digits.

Happened around 5 times. It was amazing how they didn't let the game slip away, and kept attacking over and over again.

Most importantly, the team rallied around Draymond's emotional intensity. That's huge because it means that the past is mostly buried.

Then Poole finally scored at the rim on a Eurostep, one of the most beautiful plays I've ever seen.

Every Warrior contributed to the comeback.

End up blowing out the Pelicans, were up by as much as 15.

Watching this game as a Warrior fan was pure ecstasy.

The Warriors are back - and they're going to make a deep playoff run.

This was a massive victory, and an enormous confidence boost.

This was the most important regular season game for the team.

Objectively, I don't think they're going to beat the Bucks (and maybe the Sixers b/c of Embiid) but I think they're winning the WCF and their championship odds just went up a notch.

Axe
03-29-2023, 03:26 AM
Lol ingraham watched helplessly as he and his team choke away this game.

As for the warriors? Well, they still have a laughable road record.

ImKobe
03-29-2023, 04:09 AM
Lol ingraham watched helplessly as he and his team choke away this game.

As for the warriors? Well, they still have a laughable road record.

Not his fault the refs let GS get away with everything lol.. Dray should have been ejected in the first half.

Full Court
03-29-2023, 08:35 AM
Biggest takeaway: Pelicans with healthy Zion would have a good chance of winning the West.

tontoz
03-29-2023, 08:45 AM
Curry with 39/8/8 :bowdown:

Aging like fine wine, averaging 30/6/6 with a 66% TS.

Axe
03-29-2023, 09:01 AM
Here goes uncle t again with his chef slurping. :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2023, 09:04 AM
Biggest takeaway: Pelicans with healthy Zion would have a good chance of winning the West.

They would be a factor but when have we ever seen Williamson healthy? He needs to lose weight or something. Not calling him fat just thinking that maybe his body can't take all that combined weight and power.

tontoz
03-29-2023, 09:04 AM
Here goes uncle t again with his chef slurping. :oldlol:

When was the last time i even mentioned Curry?

Are you saying he isn't playing at an elite level? If so why don't you list all the players that are scoring over 28 ppg with a TS over 65%. Should be plenty of them, right?

Axe
03-29-2023, 09:10 AM
Huh, i didn't even imply anything like that. Only you did. :confusedshrug:

But yea, since it is elite-level i think his team should have a better record rn with him averaging those numbers on a brilliant TS. Unfortunately, that isn't the case tho.

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2023, 09:12 AM
Huh, i didn't even imply anything like that. Only you did. :confusedshrug:

But yea, since it is elite-level i think his team should have a better record rn with him averaging those numbers on a brilliant TS.

The team isn't defending like they did last year. Curry is still the best offensive guard in the game. Just talking offense he's a good a player as we've ever seen.

Axe
03-29-2023, 09:17 AM
The team isn't defending like they did last year. Curry is still the best offensive guard in the game. Just talking offense he's a good a player as we've ever seen.
Yes, there's no doubting his impact but i guess that alone wouldn't be enough for another title run. We'll see how it plays in the postseason for the next few months tho they may have to win in the play-ins first.

tontoz
03-29-2023, 09:22 AM
Yes, there's no doubting his impact but i guess that alone wouldn't be enough for another title run. We'll see how it plays in the postseason for the next few months.

Steph has a BPM of 7.0 compared to 5.6 last year.

Poole's is -2.1 compared to 1.0 last year. Major dropoff.

Green's is .90 compared to 3.2 last year, another major dropoff.

Wiggins is MIA.

Axe
03-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Steph has a BPM of 7.0 compared to 5.6 last year.

Poole's is -2.1 compared to 1.0 last year. Major dropoff.

Green's is .90 compared to 3.2 last year, another major dropoff.

Wiggins is MIA.
What about klay, uncle? Anyway, those stats should have been better while chef is on the floor. And yea, they'll definitely need wiggins too come playoff time.

tontoz
03-29-2023, 09:35 AM
What about klay, uncle? Anyway, those stats should have been better while chef is on the floor. And yea, they'll definitely need wiggins too come playoff time.

Klay has a BPM of -.60 compared to 1.0 last year.

So all the main guys have fallen off except Steph.

Axe
03-29-2023, 09:57 AM
So he doesn't elevate them that much anymore when he's on the floor? Oh.

tontoz
03-29-2023, 10:06 AM
So he doesn't elevate them that much anymore when he's on the floor? Oh.

Or maybe they are just playing poorly compared to last year, hung over after winning a title.

LeGoat4Life
03-29-2023, 10:43 AM
Klay has a BPM of -.60 compared to 1.0 last year.

So all the main guys have fallen off except Steph.

Chef Dingo carrying GS for another year