PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie so good

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 07:54 PM
Official Mavs vs Philly thread.

"Incredible offensive talent" - Van Gundy

I agree.

Irving is the best and most versatile offensive scorer since Kobe.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 08:01 PM
This is a game thread now fellas

Wally450
03-29-2023, 08:50 PM
He's been a terrible fit for them since he arrived. What's new...

Wardell Curry
03-29-2023, 08:57 PM
Joel's calf only kept him out of one game. Strange.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 09:01 PM
Joel's calf only kept him out of one game. Strange.

Yeah...

And it aint the first time he has problems staying healthy in Denver..

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 09:02 PM
He's been a terrible fit for them since he arrived. What's new...

Everyone's a terrible fit next to Luka.

fourkicks44
03-29-2023, 09:09 PM
Yeah it's pretty dumb really.

Harden, Joel and Tucker should all sit now till the playoffs.

Nothing to gain by them playing.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 09:31 PM
Maxey is the kind of player that Mavs should have targeted. Same with Tucker.

Mavs are really trash at building teams.

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2023, 09:33 PM
Not near the best scorer, and he's the biggest cancer in the sport sans Westbrick.

He's low IQ fans favorite player though.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 09:35 PM
Not near the best scorer, and he's the biggest cancer in the sport sans Westbrick.

He's low IQ fans favorite player though.

You have to be high IQ to be unvaxxed so I disagree

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2023, 09:36 PM
You have to be high IQ to be unvaxxed so I disagree

Broken clock right twice a day.

When you're a perennial contrarian/conspiracy dipshit you're bound to be right about some things on accident. He's a moron. And I was talking about his fans

tontoz
03-29-2023, 09:36 PM
Not a kyrie fan, I thought the trade was a dumb move by the Mavs, but to be fair there isn't much kyrie can do. The roster is just too flawed.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 09:42 PM
Kyrie and Luka are both made for the playoffs and slower pace

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2023, 10:03 PM
Kyrie and Luka are both made for the playoffs and slower pace

Too bad they might not make the playoffs due to Kyries cancer.

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 10:08 PM
Too bad they might not make the playoffs due to Kyries cancer.

Probably good for Luka to miss the playoffs. Has a lot of growing up to do and time to consider where that's going to be, because Dallas is obviously not it.

Xiao Yao You
03-29-2023, 10:11 PM
Probably good for Luka to miss the playoffs. Has a lot of growing up to do and time to consider where that's going to be, because Dallas is obviously not it.

long off season means more eating and gaining weight

90sgoat
03-29-2023, 11:21 PM
long off season means more eating and gaining weight

They showed a new lineup pic of Luka and he legit looked like a fatass. Bloated, red and round face, like your average overweight american. He is at least 20lbs overweight imo, possibly as much as 30lbs.

His diet must be completely shit for his weight to balloon every time he has a few days off. Like he must be ordering Dominos and chugging down liters of coke a day.

I bet it's his girlfriend. These high school girlfriends that were hot as teens usually end up as lazy chubbies.

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Bump.

Casual fans don't appreciate how good Kyrie is, probably because Lebronies have been talking him down.

Kyrie is one of the very few players that just awes both fans and experts. It's just fun to watch him play, he has the biggest scoring bag I've seen since MJ.

Kblaze8855
01-12-2024, 12:13 PM
I Backwards. Kyrie is one of the most beloved players, by casual fans and kids. The people who consider themselves serious fans hate him because of his antics, and what they perceive to be his flashy style making him a bigger star than is suggested by his effectiveness, and what the teams do with and without him.

He’s been something of a public enemy to basketball snob types for years.

casual fans, kids and Actual basketball players? Love Kyrie. Basketball players perhaps more than the rest. Is that mid range of fan who consider themselves knowledgeable that don’t **** with him. The fans who want to prove how real they are by repping less heralded names and talking about advanced stats and chemistry issues. The fans who want you to consider them above regular fans.

Ive known a lot of them who don’t **** with Kyrie.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 12:16 PM
He might have the best offensive skill set of all time. He's just been difficult for a few teams to deal with.

Manny98
01-12-2024, 12:57 PM
He might have the best offensive skill set of all time. He's just been difficult for a few teams to deal with.
Not really just your team

He helped win Cleveland a championship and would have won in Brooklyn if not for unfortunate circumstances

Heard nothing but good things from Dallas about Kyrie

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 01:03 PM

He helped win Cleveland a championship and would have won in Brooklyn if not for unfortunate circumstances

True.

Celtics and then the whole covid thing, which I honestly applaud Kyrie for, showed real character.

I think he might have a touch of some schizo diagnosis, but that's ok too.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:04 PM

You think he wasn't a pain the ass for Brooklyn? Celtics fan don't like him but he ruined 3 seasons while making the max in Brooklyn. You think Joe Tsai is happy with what he got for that money? Is that the actual result of your thought process?

90sgoat
casual fans, kids and Actual basketball players? Love Kyrie. Basketball players perhaps more than the rest. Is that mid range of fan who consider themselves knowledgeable that don’t **** with him. The fans who want to prove how real they are by repping less heralded names and talking about advanced stats and chemistry issues. The fans who want you to consider them above regular fans.

Ive known a lot of them who don’t **** with Kyrie.

That actually very true.

Xiao Yao You

yeah it was unfortunate that he forced his way out :facepalm

Manny98
01-12-2024, 01:10 PM
You think he wasn't a pain the ass for Brooklyn? Celtics fan don't like him but he ruined 3 seasons while making the max in Brooklyn. You think Joe Tsai is happy with what he got for that money? Is that the actual result of your thought process?

Things could have gone better with Kyries situation in Brooklyn

But that goes on both sides there's plenty the Nets organization should have done to keep their secondary franchise player happy

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:11 PM
True.

Celtics and then the whole covid thing, which I honestly applaud Kyrie for, showed real character.

I think he might have a touch of some schizo diagnosis, but that's ok too.

I'm not in the mood to rehash the Irving Nets history. If you were at all interested in th he truth and reality you wouldn't need me to. I will just point out that in all 4 years as a Net he played 60 games or lesser and only hit that 60 game mark once. Only one of those seasons is about the vaccine, which was still an example of him being a pain the ass, though I will concede that he should not be forced to vaccinate against his will. He tried to lead a player movement against the Bubble which would have cost the entire league money. He is the worst signing in Nets history.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:18 PM
Things could have gone better with Kyries situation in Brooklyn Short of a criminal case it could not have gone worse.

But that goes on both sides there's plenty the Nets organization should have done to keep their secondary franchise player happy
Yeah, go ahead and give him another max contract after he just ****ed you over for four years. It's not my money I certainly would not have gave a damn, for me it was all funny. But I'm not a Nets fan. You, on the other hand, appear to be some kind of masochist.

tontoz
01-12-2024, 01:19 PM
Half man, half a season.

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 01:24 PM
He is the worst signing in Nets history.

As I recall, Kyrie played during the time of the russian oligarch criminal, so honestly, I don't blame him.

That ballclub was a complete mess.

WhiteKyrie
01-12-2024, 01:25 PM
I’m an actual player, so I love Kyrie. Probably bar none, the most fun player to watch in the sport, and the most skilled, and the best isolation scorer in the game. Yes, superior than Kevin Durant.

tpols
01-12-2024, 01:27 PM

Not his fault the team wouldn't let him play unless he took experimental medical procedures. And it turns out it was all bullshit after all. So Kyrie gets kudos for that.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:29 PM
As I recall, Kyrie played during the time of the russian oligarch criminal, so honestly, I don't blame him.

That ballclub was a complete mess.

If he had a real problem with Prokhorov's politics (that's not the reason he was hard to deal with, your point is nonsense) he didn't have to sign with them.

Kblaze8855
01-12-2024, 01:30 PM
Not his fault the team wouldn't let him play unless he took experimental medical procedures. And it turns out it was all bullshit after all. So Kyrie gets kudos for that.

He also pushed for the players to walk out on the season during the George Floyd issue and got suspended for the Israel thing. It isn’t one issue far as the off the court stuff.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:31 PM

Kudos for wasting the season. Thanks Kyrie. They should retire his jersey for helping create the biggest bust team of all time.

WhiteKyrie
01-12-2024, 01:38 PM

Facts and then the communist libtard controlled media have hated him ever since for showing their arrogant holier than thou stupidity.

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 01:41 PM
I’m an actual player, so I love Kyrie. Probably bar none, the most fun player to watch in the sport, and the most skilled, and the best isolation scorer in the game. Yes, superior than Kevin Durant.

Real players like to watch skilled players, not those who exploit the game for fts.

tpols
01-12-2024, 01:42 PM
He also pushed for the players to walk out on the season during the George Floyd issue and got suspended for the Israel thing. It isn’t one issue far as the off the court stuff.

What was the Isreal thing? That Amazon book issue? That was even more bullshit than not being able to play home games for years. As management you Can't blame kyrie for sitting out when you forced him to sit out. That shit he was suspended for had nothing to do with basketball.

tontoz
01-12-2024, 01:42 PM
It wont be long before he goes on a walkabout to find the edge of the Earth.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 01:45 PM
It wont be long before he goes on a walkabout to find the edge of the Earth.Mavs fan better hope he doesn't see this post. That would basically mean his retirement.

Kblaze8855
01-12-2024, 01:45 PM
It really isn’t a simple as vaccination status. Plenty of people didn’t get vaccinated and never got hated and nobody even talked about it. Including stars. Neither Kirk cousins nor Lamar Jackson would get vaccinated. Bradley Beal didn’t get vaccinated either. You didn’t and don’t hear about their status like Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving though. They just didn’t take the shot and kept it moving without a bunch of statements, or doing other things that drew attention to them.

people just looking to play the sport and not draw attention to it just moved on and the World moved on with them and didn’t keep bringing it up.

Kblaze8855
01-12-2024, 01:47 PM
What was the Isreal thing? That Amazon book issue? That was even more bullshit than not being able to play home games for years. As management you Can't blame kyrie for sitting out when you forced him to sit out. That shit he was suspended for had nothing to do with basketball.

it having nothing to do with basketball is the problem for most. He has had to sit multiple times for things having nothing to do with basketball and started gathering contacts and holding zoom calls to have the players cancel the season for the Black Lives Matter protests. Whatever you feel about any of those individual issues you can see why it’s tough to have him as an employee.

tpols
01-12-2024, 01:48 PM
The difference is Kyrie played for a team that suspended him for it and didn't let him play at their arena. If had been playing for Dallas in Texas for the past 5 years none of that would've happened. NYC was far harsher on it than any of the cities those other guys played at. Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, and Beal were all allowed to play. Kyrie wasnt.

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 01:50 PM
It wont be long before he goes on a walkabout to find the edge of the Earth.

It's Antartica.

Gonna be cold.

WhiteKyrie
01-12-2024, 01:51 PM
The difference is Kyrie played for a team that suspended him for it and didn't let him play at their arena. If had been playing for Dallas in Texas for the past 5 years none of that would've happened. NYC was far harsher on it than any of the cities those other guys played at. Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, and Beal were all allowed to play.

Great point. Dallas has been the perfect spot for him for a long time, I’m glad he finally ended up there.

Luka a better fit than KD too. Luka is a better player than KD. He does more. Physicality doesn’t bother him and he can dish it. And he can pass on a level that Kevin can’t come close to …

Luka and Kyrie is essentially the same set up he had with LeBron and Cleveland. A ball dominant point forward.

Only differences Luka is far less athletic, and can’t reach the high-end defensive spots LeBron could but Luka is a far more skilled intelligent player and ISO scorer than Brahn.

Kblaze8855
01-12-2024, 02:02 PM
The difference is Kyrie played for a team that suspended him for it and didn't let him play at their arena. If had been playing for Dallas in Texas for the past 5 years none of that would've happened. NYC was far harsher on it than any of the cities those other guys played at. Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, and Beal were all allowed to play. Kyrie wasnt.

Kyrie was out for a month and a half and the Nets had him back but he couldn’t play home games because of the law. The law which somehow exempted visiting players. I’m not sure how that was written but they somehow managed to enforce it.

A part-time player who is going to get asked about it every day by the media is an unnecessary distraction, but that doesn’t mean the team decided to create the distraction. The team decided to let him play before the city did.

I just wonder how many unvaccinated players were allowed to play because they didn’t play for a New York team. A lot of players weren’t vaccinated.

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 02:19 PM
In any case, Kyrie seems to be comfortable and happy with Mavs and it shows.

I think he likes not having pressure of being the alpha on him. It's why it worked with Lebron or Luka.

No one is going to blame Kyrie if Mavs lose, but he'll get all the credit for his big games.

I still think this team can go far if they make some good moves at the deadline.

With Kyrie, they really don't all of Timmy, Green, Hardy and Curry.

I think Timmy has been very good this season, so ideally try to keep him, but he's probably their best piece to trade. If you could make a package of Green, Hardy and Powell, that would also be good. Try to get Siakam or otherwise try to get a backup center (Biyombo?) and then get a long perimeter defender, maybe go get Dorian Finney-Smith back.

Real Men Wear Green
01-12-2024, 02:22 PM
It really isn’t a simple as vaccination status. Plenty of people didn’t get vaccinated and never got hated and nobody even talked about it. Including stars. Neither Kirk cousins nor Lamar Jackson would get vaccinated. Bradley Beal didn’t get vaccinated either. You didn’t and don’t hear about their status like Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving though. They just didn’t take the shot and kept it moving without a bunch of statements, or doing other things that drew attention to them.

people just looking to play the sport and not draw attention to it just moved on and the World moved on with them and didn’t keep bringing it up.It had a lot to do with bad luck. Most anti-vax players didn't play for a team in a city that had some kind of strict rule about being unvaccinated in a public place.Those that did for the main part just took the shot so they could get those checks. Irving is different. I do have some respect for him standing his ground when it cost him a good amount of money.

But overall it's just part of him being a pain in the ass.

He left the team for two weeks and showed no respect for his bosses by not telling them he was leaving or why. The reason? His sister's birthday. Do you know what I do when one of my sister's has a birthday? I give them a nice phone call. You don't miss two weeks of work and disrespect your coach by not telling him a word and cutting off contact. This is completely indefensible.

He is either arrogant or a total idiot, and possibly both. He thought the NBA players would accomplish some kind of great good by boycotting the bubble for George Floyd. He is under the gross misconception that he's famous because of his deep philosophy, politics, or whatever. No. He is famous because he's a great basketball player. If he was not in the NBA he would be your basic American Moor (or something...he has some out there beliefs that fall in line with that so I'm just guessing). You may know a Moor but that Moor that you know is not famous. The eyes of the sports world were focused on the NBA bubble. ESPN talked about them all day every day. Their protests were heard, even pissing off many people all over the country that believe in a cops right to torture a black man to death. If Irving and the rest of the NBA players are just out on protest gatherings they are not going to attract any extra attention. Aside from James and a few other superstars they would get ignored. Including Irving, who I am just going to guess was out there protesting somewhere but can't recall for sure what and where because guess what, Kyrie? If what you're doing doesn't involve that amazing handle of yours, no one cares.

And then the foolishness with possible, in fact I will say, "likely" anti-Semitism. It was blown out of proportion, probably. He's not out there straight up saying he hates Jews. But the movie he linked to was highly controversial. So when people started taking notice and controversy is coming, you know what a non pain in the ass does? Even if it's bullshit and they don't mean it, "I'm sorry for the offense that was caused, I did not realize the ramifications of blah-blah-blah"...whatever the team's PR team writes up for you, call a press conference, read it with real or faked sincerity. But no, Kyrie has to stand for something that always ends up accomplishing nothing but missed games.

WhiteKyrie
01-12-2024, 02:31 PM
In any case, Kyrie seems to be comfortable and happy with Mavs and it shows.

I think he likes not having pressure of being the alpha on him. It's why it worked with Lebron or Luka.

No one is going to blame Kyrie if Mavs lose, but he'll get all the credit for his big games.

I still think this team can go far if they make some good moves at the deadline.

With Kyrie, they really don't all of Timmy, Green, Hardy and Curry.

I think Timmy has been very good this season, so ideally try to keep him, but he's probably their best piece to trade. If you could make a package of Green, Hardy and Powell, that would also be good. Try to get Siakam or otherwise try to get a backup center (Biyombo?) and then get a long perimeter defender, maybe go get Dorian Finney-Smith back.

That’s because Kevin Durant is a natural beta, and not a leader

90sgoat
01-12-2024, 02:44 PM
That’s because Kevin Durant is a natural beta, and not a leader

Yeah and Kyrie is not a leader either.

The kids today would probably say he's a "Sigma male", which is dumb, because in real life, a sigma is just one broken foot away from being dead, in nature as on the court.

Akeem34TheDream
01-12-2024, 02:54 PM
He is problematic but often brilliant

WhiteKyrie
01-12-2024, 04:24 PM
Yeah and Kyrie is not a leader either.

The kids today would probably say he's a "Sigma male", which is dumb, because in real life, a sigma is just one broken foot away from being dead, in nature as on the court.

Yea he’s too mercurial to be a leader but you have to as an actual good leader understand him and treat him as if he’s on the same platform as you (talent wise he is with anyone in the league) … one of the major mistakes from dumb ass insecure narcissist LeBron.

Axe
01-12-2024, 04:27 PM
^^Obsessed casual thinks of lebron once again. Classic lmao.

tontoz
01-12-2024, 04:49 PM
^^Obsessed casual thinks of lebron once again. Classic lmao.

Oh the irony :oldlol:

Axe
01-12-2024, 04:51 PM
Uncle t strikes again. :hammerhead: