PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets sit Jokic against Pelicans, ducking Lakers?

ArbitraryWater
03-30-2023, 10:19 PM
They probably have no logical reason to wanna win this game.

If they win, the Lakers look more likely to play them in Round 1.

If they lose, well, theyre still gonna be the 1st seed.

RRR3
03-30-2023, 10:24 PM
Ducking lower seeded teams is a sign you don't believe in your team. They won't go far with that mentality.

Xiao Yao You
03-30-2023, 10:24 PM
:facepalm

Mask the Embiid
03-30-2023, 10:27 PM
wait wait wait...this just reminded me of something

making a new thread right now dont want to derail your thread OP

Overdrive
03-30-2023, 11:30 PM
They probably have no logical reason to wanna win this game.

If they win, the Lakers look more likely to play them in Round 1.

If they lose, well, theyre still gonna be the 1st seed.

If the Nuggets believe the Lakers are the strongest play in team it would be better to keep them at 7/8.

Mathematically if we asume the .500 teams really have a win propability of 50% the chances would be 25% either way. No, not because it's 1 in 4 teams.

BallsOut
03-30-2023, 11:35 PM
Nuggets have nothing left to play for. They have a 4 game lead on Memphis in the loss column. Smart decision to rest Jokic and their starters.

But keep thinking the world revolves around LeBron as you do.

Full Court
03-30-2023, 11:38 PM
Imagine not wanting to go against a legit super team in the first round of the playoffs....

tontoz
03-30-2023, 11:40 PM
If Denver wins this game that would make it easier to for the Lakers to get the 7 seed. Am I missing something here?

BigShotBob
03-30-2023, 11:42 PM
They're resting Jokic for the Suns tomorrow....

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2023, 12:03 AM
They're resting Jokic for the Suns tomorrow....

which makes sense. A team they should be worried about. The Lakers are still trying to get into a do or die situation. No one is worrying about them

tontoz
03-31-2023, 12:08 AM
If I am the nuggets then I would hope the Lakers get the 7 seed.

hold this L
03-31-2023, 01:32 AM
Nuggets want to win the championship. If they're scared of a 8th seed team, then they have no chance. To me they're just resting him. Saying that, I do hope the Lakers finish 9-10th because I'd like them to play 2 playin games (Bron ain't losing in the playins), and then Nuggets vs Lakers. West could have some really fun match ups in a few weeks in round 1.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2023, 08:41 AM
Nuggets want to win the championship. If they're scared of a 8th seed team, then they have no chance. To me they're just resting him. Saying that, I do hope the Lakers finish 9-10th because I'd like them to play 2 playin games (Bron ain't losing in the playins), and then Nuggets vs Lakers. West could have some really fun match ups in a few weeks in round 1.

Bingo.

**** em.

I now want these cowards to get the Lakers in R1.

dazzer87
03-31-2023, 12:41 PM
“ducking lakers”.

What a Retard…..:lol

Overdrive
03-31-2023, 12:42 PM
Bingo.

**** em.

Can you explain to me how giving the Pels a win will decrease the chances to match up with the Lakers if they believe they're the strongest of the 4 teams?

They sit Jokic to avoid injury and rest him in meaningless games.

tontoz
03-31-2023, 12:45 PM
Can you explain to me how giving the Pels a win will decrease the chances to match up with the Lakers if they believe they're the strongest of the 4 teams?

I don't get it either. I thought the Nuggets would try to win the game to help the Lakers move up in the standings and end up in the 7 vs 8 play in game.

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 01:13 PM
Ducking lower seeded teams is a sign you don't believe in your team. They won't go far with that mentality.

fortunately thats not what they were doing :oldlol:

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 01:14 PM
Bingo.

**** em.

what the **** are you talking about? you actually think the nuggets sat jokic last night because of the lakers?

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 01:15 PM
I don't get it either. I thought the Nuggets would try to win the game to help the Lakers move up in the standings and end up in the 7 vs 8 play in game.

they are actually resting jokic. we need him healthy for the playoffs. hes not even playing tonight either.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2023, 01:18 PM
what the **** are you talking about? you actually think the nuggets sat jokic last night because of the lakers?

imagine thinking anyone is scared of that shit show :lol

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2023, 01:22 PM
Intentionally didn't reply to this thread earlier so that OP could see its not just me saying these things. Carry on.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2023, 04:04 PM

Of course.

Its a harsh truth but you‘re stanning a cowardly ball club.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2023, 04:06 PM
If the Nuggets believe the Lakers are the strongest play in team it would be better to keep them at 7/8.

Mathematically if we asume the .500 teams really have a win propability of 50% the chances would be 25% either way. No, not because it's 1 in 4 teams.

Regardless, any Laker rival moving up, increases the chance of the Lakers missing the playoffs.

Where as if the rivals lost, the highest the Lakers would reasonably go, is 7. Which leaves them a game away from playing the Lakers.

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2023, 04:08 PM
Intentionally didn't reply to this thread earlier so that OP could see its not just me saying these things. Carry on.

Buddy all you‘re good for is shilling for Kawhi cause apparently he‘s always injured even when healthy. Stop the tough talk.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-31-2023, 04:09 PM
Nugz don't want ANY of that Laker smoke

Keep it a bean :lol

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2023, 04:24 PM
Buddy all you‘re good for is shilling for Kawhi cause apparently he‘s always injured even when healthy. Stop the tough talk.

I'm shilling for Kawhi? Interesting take. But I advise that you go find whoever you paid to teach you English and get at least a partial refund because someone that knows English and has read me talk about how his reliability damages his value, that I wouldn't pay him the max, Tatum is better, etc., would not say that about me. I could actually understand the lack of insight if you just don't have a full grasp of English.

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 05:16 PM
Of course.

Its a harsh truth but you‘re stanning a cowardly ball club.

:lol I always forget ish is full of kids with moronic takes

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 05:18 PM
Nugz don't want ANY of that Laker smoke

Keep it a bean :lol

No chance the nuggets think this way. These are all professional athletes. The best 1% of the best 1% in the world. None of them think like this or else they wouldn’t make it this far.

Laker fans just love making every story about them

Newsflash: teams sit their star players at the end to rest for the playoffs
Unfortunately what the nuggets did yesterday has nothing to do with LA

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2023, 05:42 PM
No chance the nuggets think this way. These are all professional athletes. The best 1% of the best 1% in the world. None of them think like this or else they wouldn’t make it this far.

What's really dumb about it is that they're is almost nothing the Nuggets can do about who comes in first or second in the play in tournament. For this to be a valid topic the Nuggets would have to be able to rig the play in by sitting Jokic for one game.

BigShotBob
03-31-2023, 05:43 PM
they are actually resting jokic. we need him healthy for the playoffs. hes not even playing tonight either.

He's not playing against the Suns?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-31-2023, 05:43 PM

I dont disagree that athletes are competitive.

But you're kidding yourself thinking nobody plays for seeding. You've seen it time and again with teams chasing homecourt.

Anyway... wasnt totally serious about Denver ducking. I'm from LA so just throwing a little shade lol

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2023, 05:48 PM

But you're kidding yourself thinking nobody plays for seeding. You've seen it time and again with teams chasing homecourt.

Anyway... wasnt totally serious about Denver ducking. I'm from LA so just throwing a little shade lol

matchups are important. No one is worried about the Lakers except Bronies as they should be

Overdrive
03-31-2023, 07:06 PM
Regardless, any Laker rival moving up, increases the chance of the Lakers missing the playoffs.

Where as if the rivals lost, the highest the Lakers would reasonably go, is 7. Which leaves them a game away from playing the Lakers.

Yeah, they'd need to be 11th. The Lakers play Utah twice and OKC/Utah take a game from each other; OKC Pacers/Utah aside only has playoff teams to left to play. Barring losing out the Lakers most likely make it into the play in - at least.

Xiao Yao You
03-31-2023, 07:13 PM
Yeah, they'd need to be 11th. The Lakers play Utah twice and OKC/Utah take a game from each other; OKC Pacers/Utah aside only has playoff teams to left to play. Barring losing out the Lakers most likely make it into the play in - at least.

Lakers are two games ahead of the Jazz and Hardy certainly won't roll over for anyone short handed or not

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 07:18 PM
What's really dumb about it is that they're is almost nothing the Nuggets can do about who comes in first or second in the play in tournament. For this to be a valid topic the Nuggets would have to be able to rig the play in by sitting Jokic for one game.

exactly

but bringing logic into this discussion hurts their brains

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 07:19 PM
He's not playing against the Suns?

i read a bunch of nugget players arent playing.

NugzFan
03-31-2023, 07:20 PM

i get it but zero chance yesterdays game had anything to do with the lakers.

highwhey
03-31-2023, 09:42 PM
these hoes aren't playing against the suns either. something like 4 of the 5 nuggets starters are sitting :facepalm

kawhileonard2
03-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Lebron ducking Devin Booker.

Devin Booker Vs Lebron James - who is better currently?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493982-Devin-Booker-Vs-Lebron-James-who-is-better-currently

Devin Booker put up 47 his playoff career high on Lebron .....
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

Lebron stacking the deck in 2022 because he is afraid of Devin Booker
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496549-Lebron-stacking-the-deck-in-2022-because-he-is-afraid-of-Devin-Booker

RRR3
03-31-2023, 11:00 PM
I take it back they weren't ducking the Lakers. But it is weird to sit Jokic when the MVP race is so close. No one wants the MVP it seems :lol

Axe
03-31-2023, 11:06 PM
Load managing before the postseason comes is so common these days.

BigShotBob
04-01-2023, 01:03 AM
Nuggets almost came back by 27 against the Suns without Jokic

RRR3
04-01-2023, 01:28 AM
They also got blown out by the ****ing Pelicans without Jokic. I doubt the Suns took a team missing their top 3 options seriously

tontoz
04-01-2023, 08:07 AM

Yeah they scored 93 and lost by 7. Sooo close.

They shot 40% from the field, 23% from 3. :bowdown: