PDA

View Full Version : What are some movies that deserve their own TV series??

Patrick Chewing
03-31-2023, 12:25 PM
Off the top of my head I always thought the following movies would do well as a TV series (non-Anime/Cartoon):

Tron
Elysium
Blade Runner
Leon: The Professional
L.A. Confidential
Public Enemies
The Silence of the Lambs

highwhey
03-31-2023, 06:17 PM
the nth dimension people from interstellar

Patrick Chewing
03-31-2023, 08:46 PM
the nth dimension people from interstellar

There are so many Science Fiction movies that can be made into a TV series. Like, I don't think Sci-fi has ever been bigger right now.

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2023, 07:21 AM
blade runner as a TV show would be sick

90sgoat
04-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Off the top of my head I always thought the following movies would do well as a TV series (non-Anime/Cartoon):

Tron
Blade Runner

For sure, you've got good taste Chewing.

Tron, both the original and the new, are extremely underrated. They're some of the best sci-fi ever made and their artstyle is revolutionary. The neon line aesthetic is one of a kind. And the themes are philosophical and interesting. Tron, both versions, is what cinema is really about. Taking you out of reality and into a different world.

Can you recommend some new cinema or series that isn't woke as fukk bro?

Patrick Chewing
04-01-2023, 10:17 PM
For sure, you've got good taste Chewing.

Tron, both the original and the new, are extremely underrated. They're some of the best sci-fi ever made and their artstyle is revolutionary. The neon line aesthetic is one of a kind. And the themes are philosophical and interesting. Tron, both versions, is what cinema is really about. Taking you out of reality and into a different world.

Can you recommend some new cinema or series that isn't woke as fukk bro?

For recent Sci-fi, try Dark or The Expanse. The first 3 seasons of The Expanse are excellent television. Dark was voted the best show of all time on Netflix.

The Night Agent and The Terminal List are non-woke shows if you like action and espionage.

For non-woke movies, you will love The Highwaymen and Triple Frontier.

I'll post more as I remember them for you.

imdaman99
04-02-2023, 01:32 AM
Not a fan of ANY show that branches out from successful movies. I felt so burned when I tried watching the 12 monkeys show because I liked the movie a lot and thought why not give this show a chance. It got whacky and crazy and I thought I liked it, but I was just a slave to wanting to ride it till the end.

90sgoat
04-02-2023, 03:00 PM
For recent Sci-fi, try Dark or The Expanse. The first 3 seasons of The Expanse are excellent television. Dark was voted the best show of all time on Netflix.

The Night Agent and The Terminal List are non-woke shows if you like action and espionage.

For non-woke movies, you will love The Highwaymen and Triple Frontier.

I'll post more as I remember them for you.

Thanks.

The Dark was technically well done, but it has some unpleasant ideas in it, and it became more of a nihilist taboo kind of thing, so I quit when the guy murdered a boy. Then I noped out. That kind of thing invites demons.

Will check out Expanse.

baudkarma
04-02-2023, 05:35 PM
I'd love to see a Bladerunner series.

Patrick Chewing
04-02-2023, 10:12 PM
It's weird how I can only think of Sci-fi movies for this topic.

Here are a few more that would make a great series:

Ghost in the Shell (Scarlett Johansson version)
Alita Battle Angel
Equilibrium
Chappie
District 9

Bawkish
04-03-2023, 01:23 AM
John Wick (the upcoming Continental series based on this is just 3 episodes)
The Matrix
The Professional
Jason Bourne

pearlhaira2
05-30-2024, 12:28 AM
There are several movies that would make fantastic TV series due to their rich storylines and complex characters. For example, "Inception" could dive deeper into the mechanics of dream-sharing technology, exploring different heists and the psychological impact on the team members. Similarly, "The Matrix" could expand on the lore of the Matrix universe, following new characters as they discover the truth and join the rebellion. Another great option is "John Wick," which could provide backstories for various assassins and delve into the intricacies of the criminal underworld. If you’re looking to catch up on these movies or other series, you can download them easily with the flixfox apk download (https://m.flixfox.tv/). This app is perfect for streaming your favorite films and shows, making it easier to imagine how these movies could transition into extended series formats.

John8204
05-30-2024, 11:30 PM

Tron
Elysium
Blade Runner
L.A. Confidential
Public Enemies
The Silence of the Lambs

Already did those (Silence of the Lambs has had two TV series (Hannibal and Clarice)

LA Confidential got a pilot that wasn't picked up

Here are my picks

Short Circuit
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r9h3ylW1714/hqdefault.jpg

My Favorite Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqQWY8T5nok

Showgirls

The Sandlot

The Running Man

SATAN
05-31-2024, 12:34 AM
Basketcase

ShawkFactory
05-31-2024, 10:46 AM

Tron
Elysium
Blade Runner
L.A. Confidential
Public Enemies
The Silence of the Lambs

Well we did kind of get one here. Unless you're talking about specifically the plot of the movie.

Patrick Chewing
05-31-2024, 10:58 AM
From Hell
Sicario
Tombstone
Cop Land
The Fugitive (newer version)

BurningHammer
06-03-2024, 10:46 AM
I'd love to see a Bladerunner series.

There already is an animated series spinoff. Blade Runner: Black Lotus.

But, yes.