PDA

View Full Version : So.... Caitlin Clark

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2023, 11:30 AM
This woman is legit. Pretty much already the best female hooper of all time.

I think she could have a spot in the NBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4mgH4JN08

Btw I know there are some sour ex-baller black woman on TV that are gonna slight here cause she's better.

Real Men Wear Green
04-01-2023, 11:33 AM
1: I have never met an ex-black person.

2: no, she can't help Bron win a ring.

Overdrive
04-01-2023, 11:37 AM

Met not. But Michael Jackson was an ex-black person.

Real Men Wear Green
04-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Met not. But Michael Jackson was an ex-black person.

Hmm. Then we will have to be on the lookout for dead pop kings claiming a college player is not the greatest female basketball player of all time.

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Lmao. mb

zeerghit
04-01-2023, 12:14 PM

Btw I know there are some sour ex-baller black woman on TV that are gonna slight here cause she's better.

you joking right?

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2023, 12:16 PM
you joking right?

yea, would be pretty hard defensively. but offensively i think she could be a spot up shooter.

meat
04-01-2023, 12:20 PM
I'd hit it. OK Arbitrary you are either a lesbian or a woke *****. You can't believe yourself.

StrongLurk
04-01-2023, 12:32 PM
She'd be the worse defender in the league by a long shot...but no one can tell me that she couldn't score a few points per game. Her shooting skill and variety of long distance shot making is insane. Sure, women's ball is a little smaller than men's, but she would adjust.

I honestly think that if you gave her another 2-3 years to train her body more, she could play in the G-league. No one plays defense there anyways so she could score a few buckets per game.

I kind of want to see her get a shot if she absolutely destroys the WNBA.

1987_Lakers
04-01-2023, 12:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcFYD_Vy0l8

Wally450
04-01-2023, 12:36 PM

Lol

ShawkFactory
04-01-2023, 12:56 PM
She is so so dope. Obviously has no place in the NBA but she’s as fun to watch as any dude.

Nike D'Antoni
04-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Paige Bueckers is sexier.

Manny98
04-01-2023, 01:00 PM
She would struggle to make a mens D2 team let alone NBA, the difference between men and women in sports is that massive

That saying she's easily the greatest women's college player of all time so hats off to her :applause:

She's so good I think see if marketed properly she could bring more fans into the WNBA

Kblaze8855
04-01-2023, 02:14 PM
The problem with these discussions will always be defense. Plenty of women can shoot well enough to space the floor or know the game enough to set the tempo and call apt plays…but the guard skills to make it just won’t be in a body that can play nba defense.

iamgine
04-01-2023, 02:31 PM
I always say women can play in the NBA as garbage minute guy.

There are players who only plays like 2 minutes a game when it's already decided. A woman might give the crowd something mildly interesting during those minutes.

RRR3
04-01-2023, 03:13 PM
The problem with these discussions will always be defense. Plenty of women can shoot well enough to space the floor or know the game enough to set the tempo and call apt plays…but the guard skills to make it just won’t be in a body that can play nba defense.
Didn't you make a thread predicting some woman would eventually be good enough at shooting to make the NBA as a garbage time player? Is this her?

90sgoat
04-01-2023, 07:34 PM
I remember my first experience playing with women.

We had a girl in our club who was like 16 and I was 18 and she was the best player on the best girls team, which was supposedly one of the best in her league, basically she was top tier talent. She worked out with the men's team which was like a bunch of 40 year old former champs, but a low level competition at that time. I was like only able to be on that mens team because I could run, run, run and play defense and hit open 3s.

I was assigned to guard her and it was like guarding Mugsy Bogues or something. Could shut her down with ease.

On a similar note, I remember me and my brother at age 18-19 playing the best two players from the boys team, maybe they were 16 years old as well and we actually beat them, but it was difficult as **** and would have lost a repeat. And these were not anywhere near top tier mens talent, just the two best on the youth team, which was not very good.

In conclusion, even the best women will lose to good amateur men.

90sgoat
04-01-2023, 07:36 PM
I always say women can play in the NBA as garbage minute guy.

There are players who only plays like 2 minutes a game when it's already decided. A woman might give the crowd something mildly interesting during those minutes.

Only if they wear cheeky short shorts.

HylianNightmare
04-01-2023, 07:50 PM
6 foot nothing. Nope

Kblaze8855
04-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Didn't you make a thread predicting some woman would eventually be good enough at shooting to make the NBA as a garbage time player? Is this her?

I didn’t say good enough. I said she would make a team. There is a difference. And this one might get a look. Cuban considered Griner when as a big she obviously had no chance. A guard who is lights out outside and smart?

Eventually will get a hard hard look that can’t be justified by merit but that won’t matter.

Jasper
04-01-2023, 07:58 PM

ex- baller ...... guys like Patrick poopsie, Jstern and some others on ISH

Jasper
04-01-2023, 08:00 PM

We had a girl in our club who was like 16 and I was 18 and she was the best player on the best girls team, which was supposedly one of the best in her league, basically she was top tier talent. She worked out with the men's team which was like a bunch of 40 year old former champs, but a low level competition at that time. I was like only able to be on that mens team because I could run, run, run and play defense and hit open 3s.

I was assigned to guard her and it was like guarding Mugsy Bogues or something. Could shut her down with ease.

On a similar note, I remember me and my brother at age 18-19 playing the best two players from the boys team, maybe they were 16 years old as well and we actually beat them, but it was difficult as **** and would have lost a repeat. And these were not anywhere near top tier mens talent, just the two best on the youth team, which was not very good.

are you Ray Ray Allen ?

ShawkFactory
04-01-2023, 08:55 PM
It’s irritating that whenever a woman is great at a sport she inevitably gets compared to the men. It happened with Serena more than anyone ever probably.

Women can’t compete with men athletically. And that’s okay.

Talking about it in that way takes away from how great she is. Nobody talks about how Sugar Ray Robinson wouldn’t beat a random heavyweight in a fight.

imdaman99
04-01-2023, 09:23 PM
She made me watch a women's college basketball game for the first time in my life :lol she is the real deal. She might become one of the goats in women's history, hell maybe even college basketball PERIOD. But do you remember jimmer? He couldn't make the NBA even though he was given a lot of chances. His defense was putrid, he might even have trouble covering a scrub like you.

WhiteKyrie
04-02-2023, 03:04 AM
you joking right?

He never had basketball talk credibility to begin with but this definitely seals the deal

ralph_i_el
04-02-2023, 06:40 PM
Holy crap is she beating up on these girls though.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 06:44 PM

Bogues was really good but you wouldn't know that :facepalm

basketballcat
04-02-2023, 08:05 PM
Yup, GOAT potential. :yaohappy:

imdaman99
04-02-2023, 09:30 PM
Tough game today, LSU somehow took it personal. I didn't watch the end, left to ball once I knew it was over, but I heard they clowned her after the game lol. It is what it is, to the victors go the spoils.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 09:34 PM
Tough game today, LSU somehow took it personal. I didn't watch the end, left to ball once I knew it was over, but I heard they clowned her after the game lol. It is what it is, to the victors go the spoils.

theyre mad cause she's white

ShawkFactory
04-02-2023, 10:10 PM

Yea it was pretty strange how they treated Caitlin.

That John Cena you cant see me is corny as hell when you’re not that good and she’s dropping 35-40 on everyone. Especially when the game is already over. It would make sense if she was talking shit the whole time but I don’t know that that happened. She seems pretty focused on her own game and her team.

kawhileonard2
04-02-2023, 10:17 PM

Women of all cultures are hot. Race is not important.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 10:24 PM
Women of all cultures are hot. Race is not important.

https://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/wtf-gif-7.gif

kawhileonard2
04-02-2023, 10:30 PM
https://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/wtf-gif-7.gif

Goes to show you have never been anywhere but only your block. If you have traveled you will notice that women of all areas are hot no matter the race period.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 10:31 PM
Goes to show you have never been anywhere but only your block. If you have traveled you will notice that women of all areas are hot no matter the race period.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BasicNextIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

bison
04-02-2023, 10:54 PM
Paige Bueckers is sexier.

I really like her game. She’s very fluid for a woman baller. A lot of girls are getting more fluid with their form as they are getting more quality training at a younger age than generations past.

kawhileonard2
04-02-2023, 10:57 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BasicNextIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

So you are racist is what you are saying.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 11:27 AM

That John Cena you cant see me is corny as hell when you’re not that good and she’s dropping 35-40 on everyone. Especially when the game is already over. It would make sense if she was talking shit the whole time but I don’t know that that happened. She seems pretty focused on her own game and her team.

Espn's Jay Williams thinks that it's racist for calling out that Reese chick for her antics, but praising Clark when she did it. Obviously he too dumb to see how different the situations are.

“We have a certain section of people that want to come out and call out people like Angel Reese, who is 20 years old,” Williams said. “Now think about this, the narrative that’s been following this team is that they’re ghetto, they’re thugs…”and today I’m pissed off because instead of congratulating and celebrating LSU, we’re talking about elements of race and double standards.”

“When Caitlin Clark is doing all this, she has swag, she’s a competitor, but when Angel Reese does it. Was it maybe a tad-bit excessive, could she have been called for a technical, sure if the refs wanted to call her for a t at the end of the game for trash-talking because she followed Caitlin Clark around.”

“We applaud it in other directions, but now we want to apply race towards it or we want to apply ‘look at her, she’s a classless piece of.'”

https://www.outkick.com/jay-williams-angel-reese-taunting-caitlin-clark-racist/

Manny98
04-03-2023, 12:08 PM
Why are people getting so sensitive about a bit a trash talk/taunting :oldlol:

I love it personally, makes sports more entertaining

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 12:17 PM

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304032146540383.jpeg

Manny98
04-03-2023, 12:22 PM

The double standard is crazy, nobody batted an eyelid when Clark did it :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 12:25 PM
The thing I’m laughing at is people acting like there is a moral difference between making the same gesture for two seconds, as opposed to 10. Like if someone flips you off, but only holds it up for two seconds they don’t really mean it.

Real Men Wear Green
04-03-2023, 12:39 PM
Since when is trash talk in basketball newsworthy? Maybe people just don't think women should be doing it

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 01:06 PM
The thing I’m laughing at is people acting like there is a moral difference between making the same gesture for two seconds, as opposed to 10. Like if someone flips you off, but only holds it up for two seconds they don’t really mean it.

Didn't the article state (unless I misunderstood) Clarke did it when walking towards her bench, while obviously Reese basically did it in her face? Slight difference...

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 01:13 PM
I’ve seen all the clips. There is no difference in any of this. It’s just athletes talking shit. And Clark from what I can see is a Larry bird or Gary Payton type who makes it a specialty. The pearl clutching over somebody doing it back is just another example of of the growing softness of society. We don’t even need to go into the double standard aspect which is obvious.

None of it justifies complaint going either way.

Phoenix
04-03-2023, 02:04 PM
Clarke, if she pans out as projected, should dominate the WNBA and perhaps draw in some more casual interest in the best case scenario. As far as her being in the NBA, she quite clearly has the 3point range and a level of craftiness in her dribble and movement that clearly goes beyond what we've seen from past female players ( that I've seen, anyway). But as far as being an actual rotation player, well after seeing moments of her being defended well by Morris yesterday I'm envisioning her being defended by the likes of Jrue Holiday or having to stop Donovan Mitchell who we have empirical evidence of dropping 70 and...

https://i.imgflip.com/20waxo.jpg

She would get both torched and too well defended, even with todays slack defensive rules, by even the average NBA player to think she would be given anything but novelty minutes during a blowout.

ShawkFactory
04-03-2023, 02:11 PM

There's clip of her doing it. It appears as though it was to a teammate, not an opponent.

It's not that big of a deal either way, but acting like it's a double standard is a reach.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 02:22 PM
You think she’s telling a teammate she can’t see her? It’s all to clown the opponent. Like all the other shit she does to clown opponents. There’s obviously a double standard at play even if we don’t choose to see the racial issue, which I have no interest in discussing. People have been aware she’s an over the top disrespectful shit talker all year:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304032355000337.jpeg

Thats before the game. The pearls do not need to be clutched over players like that getting clowned with their own gestures when they lose the big game. It’s a big nothing.

RRR3
04-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Is this only a big deal because they’re women or something? NBA players mean mug and flex after plays constantly :lol

bison
04-03-2023, 02:29 PM
Hopefully the LAkers can draft her.

ShawkFactory
04-03-2023, 02:35 PM
You think she’s telling a teammate she can’t see her? It’s all to clown the opponent. Like all the other shit she does to clown opponents. There’s obviously a double standard at play even if we don’t choose to see the racial issue, which I have no interest in discussing.

It doesn't matter what you think the intentions are though. The gesture was made to her teammate. I feel like that's perfectly normal thing to do to a teammate and friend when you're jacked up after a big win. But even IF that isn't the case, to use your middle finger analogy: yes I do think that flipping a quick bird at someone is a little different than following them around for 10-15 seconds with your middle finger in their face.

Again...I don't really care. I just don't view it as the same thing. And the racial connotation plays no factor in that for me.

For what it's worth, I've always hated talking shit after a game has ended. Before or during is cool but after is lame to me. Of course there's exceptions, but in general.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 02:39 PM
There’s no question what the intention was. The gesture has a meaning. A meaning which was returned to the preeminent shit talker of her sport on the occasion of her coming up short, which is exactly the way sports are expected to go. It is an absolute nothing. And if it isn’t a Nothing, I would call it a positive. Clowning somebody who talked shit to everyone before you beat them? It’s just competition.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 02:40 PM
And when are you supposed to talk about defeating somebody if not after you accomplish it? Talking about it in advance is, if anything, even more arrogant.

bison
04-03-2023, 02:45 PM
Didn't the article state (unless I misunderstood) Clarke did it when walking towards her bench, while obviously Reese basically did it in her face? Slight difference...

Huge difference. The former is just hyping up your own team, the latter is poor sportsmanship. and yes basketball is a white woman's game now, and the sistas can't stand it. EDD, stewie, sabrina, Kelsey plum are dominating the W, with Buecker, Caitlin Clarke and hailey van lith coming down the pipeline. The NBA too, will be dominated by Euros if it isn't alread.y

ShawkFactory
04-03-2023, 02:53 PM
And when are you supposed to talk about defeating somebody if not after you accomplish it? Talking about it in advance is, if anything, even more arrogant.

So if someone does that you after winning a big game, your thoughts are just..well that's how it's supposed to be, I lost? Maybe I just am not a graceful loser, which I can accept if that's the case. But idk man.

Talking shit before a game is just hypotheticals and/or attempts to intimidate or gain an advantage. It's not a reality, and because of that it doesn't bother me as much. You're right in that it's a competition. And for me, once the competition is over then it's over. Why would you need to talk about defeating somebody? You defeated them...it happened and everyone knows that it happened.

Phoenix
04-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Is this only a big deal because they’re women or something? NBA players mean mug and flex after plays constantly :lol

As in if this happened in the NBA last night would it be given this level of attention? Not even a back page story....

ShawkFactory
04-03-2023, 03:11 PM
As in if this happened in the NBA last night would it be given this level of attention? Not even a back page story....

I would be willing to bet that there would be a dustup if this happened in the NBA. Luka and Booker almost fought because Booker pointed at the floor after a missed shot in crunchtime.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 03:40 PM

It probably would if it were the same circumstances.

Player A does it during a playoff series and Player B does it to A's face in the closing moments of a blowout game 7 finals loss. Doubt A would let that go on without pushing or shoving. B away and possibly further escalation.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 04:03 PM
Clark talked a lot of crap and got it thrown back in her face. Nothingburger to me.

90sgoat
04-03-2023, 04:10 PM

Yup.

Some blacks really hate it when whites succeed in "their" turf.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 04:31 PM
I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the series Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

I am sure Bird didn't like the Pistons, they had a heated rivalry for years, but he gave no fs about the comments at all. He even gave a press conference with Isiah saying he didn't care.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and play. If you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 04:31 PM
I swear a lot of you don’t seem to even interact with black people in life. I’ve never heard anyone say anything negative about this girl period until people started acting like she shouldn’t be “disrespected” after doing it herself. I have friends and family who have been praising her nonstop since they became aware of her a couple weeks ago. You types make these people into great white hopes like anyone really cares they’re white and get them hates because of your behavior.

Nearly everyone of every color has been praising that girl for weeks.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 04:33 PM
I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the game Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

I am sure Bird didn't like the Pistons, they had a heated rivalry for years, but he gave no fs about the comments at all. He even gave a press conference with Isiah saying he didn't care.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and play. If you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.

I believe he said if Bird were black he’s just be another of the leagues good players and not the big deal he was in the media. I’ve never heard either he or Isiah say Bird wasn’t great.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 04:39 PM
I believe he said if Bird were black he’s just be another of the leagues good players and not the big deal he was in the media. I’ve never heard either he or Isiah say Bird wasn’t great.

The actual quotes were:

"Larry Bird is a bit overrated and won three straight MVPs because he is white," Rodman said.

"I'd have to agree with Dennis. If he was black, he'd be just another good guy," Thomas added.

So yeah they said Bird was overrated because he was white. It came off as sour grapes to me since they had Boston beat and blew it.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 04:40 PM
I remember Bird's Cs winning a heated series against Isiah's Pistons. After the series Rodman said, and Isiah agreed, that Bird was getting overrated because he was white. The media went into a frenzy over it.

Trash talk is part of the game. If you can't handle it then shut up and playIf you do talk then you can expect to be targeted.
Did Clark say something or complain about it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

tontoz
04-03-2023, 04:43 PM
Did Clark say something or complain about it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

I doubt it. I would suspect she didn't care at the time but might be feeling the social media focus on it.

The reaction to it is pretty ridiculous.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 04:46 PM
The actual quotes were:

So yeah they said Bird was overrated because he was white. It came off as sour grapes to me since they had Boston beat and blew it.

Yea the “just be another good player” or whatever seems the point. They show the whole thing and have them talking about the reaction both at the time and more recently in what I think was Larry birds sport century episode on ESPN. I feel like one of them mentioned some other players like nique and Mark Aguirre as guys less famous which makes me think it was probably Isaiah responding to the controversy at the time, because Mark Aguirre was one of his best friends.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 04:47 PM
I doubt it. I would suspect she didn't care at the time but might be feeling the social media focus on it.

The reaction to it is pretty ridiculous.

I think she implied she didn’t even see it happen live. The entire story is created by outside reaction. Nobody on the floor seems to have a problem. I bet a coach does though. I could see that.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 04:56 PM
Yea the “just be another good player” or whatever seems the point. They show the whole thing and have them talking about the reaction both at the time and more recently in what I think was Larry birds sport century episode on ESPN. I feel like one of them mentioned some other players like nique and Mark Aguirre as guys less famous which makes me think it was probably Isaiah responding to the controversy at the time, because Mark Aguirre was one of his best friends.

Aquire only made 3 All-Star games and never even finished top 10 in MVP voting. He was at least two tiers below Bird.

Nique was in between the two. More talented than Aquire but not the best bbiq and pretty selfish.

PP34Deuce
04-04-2023, 12:49 AM
Caitlin played better on a worse team.
Angel played well on a better overall team.

Caitlin is generational for wnba while angel is mostly an entrepreneur who is likely to do what makes her the most money.

Trash talking was great.nothing went out of line.

Caitlin is bad defensively and has that Damian luka energy.

Both bitches are cocky. One has a better team.

3ba11
04-04-2023, 12:01 PM
She has man-like speed going right and a step-back but that's it - a 1-trick pony - she isn't that good and looks like a dominant junior high teenage boy - that's how she plays

It's amazing how today's fan knows the least about the sport they watch and fall for frauds that need constant excuses for their losses.. You'll see - this woman won't win shit and everyone will.make excuses for her or stack her team..

Almost no one is good enough anymore to win without special help or collusion. The reason for this is because the spaced-out, hands-off beginner format generates weaker players with massive holes in their game.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2023, 12:10 PM
She has man-like speed going right and a step-back but that's it - a 1-trick pony - she isn't that good and looks like a dominant junior high teenage boy - that's how she plays

It's amazing how today's fan knows the least about the sport they watch and fall for frauds that need constant excuses for their losses.. You'll see - this woman won't win shit and everyone will.make excuses for her or stack her team..

Almost no one is good enough anymore to win without special help or collusion. The reason for this is because the spaced-out, hands-off beginner format generates weaker players with massive holes in their game.

She has great vision and can whip passes with both hands at multiple different angles in ways that most women can't.

It's also crazy how good of shooters they are in general. Despite having the same college line as the guys, LSU and Iowa combined to shoot like 56% from 3. Pretty nuts. Or course the shots are generally more open because they can't cover the space defensively the way guys can, but that wasn't always the case.

PP34Deuce
04-05-2023, 01:04 AM
Caitlin has a quick release and nba range. A
She's also a pg.

Angel is great defensively and can rebound and score.

Caitlin has a chance to be Diana Taurasi with a bigger shooting range. Angel is 20... has some Candace Parker to her.

Nb1
04-05-2023, 03:33 AM
I don’t really understand why race has to be brought up in all of this. She’s a great player and who cares what colour she is. If you play great you’re gonna get praised. Doncic, Joker, etc all get praised when they play great, so does KD, Bron, Embiid, etc…

I never really watched WNBA, but this girl is really something and made me and apparently millions of others tune in to watch too (i’m sure itnwould be the same if she was black).When you do great things people will want to watch you do it.

90sgoat
04-05-2023, 06:18 AM
I still think they should lower the basket and get rid of layups, like a sort of netball game.

Netball is a fun sport, my mother used to play it. It's a girl's only sport in countries like Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Ni35CSPR4

HylianNightmare
04-05-2023, 09:00 AM
Would eat her ass after a full game, no shower

MrFonzworth
06-01-2023, 03:18 PM
Would eat her ass after a full game, no shower

:lol

Nowoco
05-17-2024, 01:40 AM
Bust

SATAN