PDA

View Full Version : Does Jordan's shot

Bacchus
04-02-2023, 09:20 AM
to win the national championship against G-Town count anything for his all-time ranking?

8Ball
04-02-2023, 09:22 AM
to win the national championship against G-Town count anything for his all-time ranking?

No.

Spending 3 years playing against dog shit competition because he wasn't good enough to make the NBA doesn't do anything to enhance his all time ranking.

8Ball
04-02-2023, 09:25 AM
https://i.ibb.co/dWjY1zg/Screenshot-2023-04-02-at-9-25-20-AM.png

Jordan's college stats.

That's why he had to stay 3 years.

Now compare that to LeBron's 3 first years of the league since he skipped college:

https://i.ibb.co/PQvMDNX/Screenshot-2023-04-02-at-9-27-40-AM.png

One was vs college, the other was vs NBA talent.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 09:47 AM
The NCAA wasn't dogshit at the time. They were the best players in the world who weren't in the NBA at the time. He stayed 3 years because most guys stayed 4 or at least 3 at the time. He was Sporting News player of the year as a sophomore. A guard shooting 54% in college. I'm sure he could have went pro but he was playing for a great team and coach in college. That's what they did. His game winner as a freshman was just the world's first glimpse of his greatness in the clutch. Considering how great he was as a rookie I'd assume he'd have been pretty great a year earlier too. Would have missed out on the olympic gold as the best player in LA on arguably the greatest non-pro team ever though. As far as his stats in college there was no shot clock. They added one because of his coach and team who would run what was called a four corners offense when they had a lead. They would pass it around the half court to each other and not look to shoot. Basically keep away from the other team. Also a 40 minute game. That would affect your stats. Comparing college stats in the early 80's to NBA stats 20 years later! :lol

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 10:09 AM
There are now several people posting on the internet whose entire way of thinking and argument will be based on an intentional misunderstanding of history and need to disrespect a level of greatness almost no one else ever achieves. I don't find it sad just feel that some of you shouldn't be allowed to post. Or talk. Or breathe.

Full Court
04-02-2023, 10:32 AM
No.

Spending 3 years playing against dog shit competition because he wasn't good enough to make the NBA doesn't do anything to enhance his all time ranking.

:roll: So bitter.