PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, why is LeBron the only player Kyrie had some success with?

1987_Lakers
04-02-2023, 08:55 PM
Kyrie with young Tatum - Team made ECF without him. 2nd round exit with him.

Kyrie with KD - Swept in 1st round by Boston last year

Kyrie with Luka - Will most likely miss playoffs

Kyrie with LeBron - Beat a 73 win team in the Finals

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Kyrie would've won a ring with KD and Harden if they didn't get injured against the Bucks.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 08:57 PM
Kyrie would've won a ring with KD and Harden if they didn't get injured against the Bucks.

thats not saying anything, when they could have won a ring without Kyrie as well.

Axe
Team cancer

1987_Lakers

But he didn't.

90sgoat
04-02-2023, 08:58 PM
Because doesn't mind not taking a shot in the 4th as long as he gets his 28-8-8

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 09:00 PM
But he didn't.

You asked the question, I explained injuries.

Kyrie has barely played any games with the Mavs so that doesn't even count.

The Nets tenure was ruined by injuries and covid.

Hell, Kyrie has only played in three postseasons since leaving Cleveland six years ago.

He was injured in 2018...

The only real questions to ask are why did he not do better in 18-19 during his second season with the Celtics.

You could also ask about last year, but KD also played his worse series of his career against the Celtics.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 09:00 PM

so they didnt get swept last year together?

Axe
04-02-2023, 09:01 PM

You somewhat sound like ImKobe lol.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2023, 09:01 PM

A healthy KD & Kyrie got swept in the 1st round last year.

Keno
04-02-2023, 09:02 PM
because lebron is the most unselfish GOAT and kyrie can play his game along side with him, can't do that with anyone else

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 09:03 PM

Hell, Kyrie has only played in three postseasons since leaving Cleveland six years ago.

The only real questions to ask are why did he not do better in 18-19 during his second season with the Celtics.

You could also ask about last year, but KD also played his worse series of his career against the Celtics. The Nets chemistry and morale was non existent for many reasons.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2023, 09:04 PM
He was still young and not talking about the earth being flat and skipping games for birthday parties

1987_Lakers
04-02-2023, 09:04 PM

4-11.

They were a playoff team before Kyrie got there, with Kyrie they are about to miss it.

Axe
04-02-2023, 09:08 PM

You could also ask about last year, but KD also played his worse series of his career against the Celtics. The Nets chemistry and morale was non existent for many reasons.
But that doesn't explain why he chose to sit out in some games when his team needed him bt.

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 09:09 PM
4-11.

They were a playoff team before Kyrie got there, with Kyrie they are about to miss it.

Only a few teams in the West were real playoff teams this year. Everyone else is on the edge. I mean, the sample size for Kyrie on the Mavs is so small that I have to assume you are trolling.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2023, 09:11 PM
Only a few teams in the West were real playoff teams this year. Everyone else is on the edge. I mean, the sample size for Kyrie on the Mavs is so small that I have to assume you are trolling.

buddy everyone is disagreeing with you

1987_Lakers
04-02-2023, 09:11 PM

The sample size for Westbrook leaving the Lakers is also small, but everyone can see how much better we are without him.

Mavs are for sure worse off after the trade. It's not all Kyrie's fault obviously, but he's for sure not the game changer Dallas hoped he would be.

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 09:15 PM
The sample size for Westbrook leaving the Lakers is also small, but everyone can see how much better we are without him.

Mavs are for sure worse off after the trade. It's not all Kyrie's fault obviously, but he's for sure not the game changer Dallas hoped he would be.

You also have to admit, those Cavs teams were more stacked than this Mavs team or any of those Celtics teams...so that certainly helped Lebron and Kyrie find success. Kevin Love plus elite shooters everywhere to help them out.

The only other team that stacked was the Nets with Harden/KD, but again injuries/covid did them in.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2023, 09:19 PM
You also have to admit, those Cavs teams were more stacked than this Mavs team or any of those Celtics teams...so that certainly helped Lebron and Kyrie find success. Kevin Love plus elite shooters everywhere to help them out.

Stacked? They had J.R. Smith & Tristan Thompson starting. A 35 year old Richard Jefferson & Shumpert were their best bench players in 2016. I wouldn't call them "stacked".

RRR3
04-02-2023, 09:19 PM
Because LeBron could control Kyrie’s insanity. Until he couldn’t. And now no one can.

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 09:21 PM
Mavs needed defense and rebounding more than they needed Irving taking turns with Doncic. Other than that the Celtics needed Irving to be more of a facilitator so that Brown and Tatum could shine and for whatever behind the scenes reasons that couldn't get worked out. In Brooklyn off court issues and injuries ruined everything. They didn't cash in on the Harden Irving Durant trio and that was really the end of it. Last season it was demonstrated that they were inferior to the matured Celtics he abandoned and they were counting on Ben Simmons to make up the difference. The end.

Much of this was Irving's fault. Not everything but I don't have sympathy as he is the one that chose to go to Brooklyn, he is the one that would not do the things the Nets needed him to do to make the most out of his time there and then when he asked for the trade the Mavs had to give up the complimentary players they needed to get him.

StrongLurk
04-02-2023, 09:22 PM
Stacked? They had J.R. Smith & Tristan Thompson starting. A 35 year old Richard Jefferson & Shumpert were their best bench players in 2016. I wouldn't call them "stacked".

They were stacked compared to the league at the time. Clearly a top three team in the league.

They got even better the next year...but of course KD ruined that.

Honestly though OP, feels like you are just trying to slurp Bron in this thread.

RRR3
04-02-2023, 09:23 PM
Kyrie leaves the Mavs he will have arguably 4 franchises that completely despise him (I said arguably 4 because I feel like his reputation is somewhat decent amongst Cavs fans at least)

imdaman99
04-02-2023, 09:27 PM
Wasn't it LeBron who ruined Kyrie? Dude realized how toxic it was to be his teammate and it changed him mentally for the rest of his career. He hit the biggest shot of his career and the media wanted to know how great it was to have LeBron being a father figure to him...

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2023, 09:29 PM
Kyrie leaves the Mavs he will have arguably 4 franchises that completely despise him (I said arguably 4 because I feel like his reputation is somewhat decent amongst Cavs fans at least)

I think it's just the Celtics and Nets. I don't think Mav fans will despise him assuming he made no promises this time. But the Mavs maybe have to keep him and then deal for the complimentary pieces. If they let Irving walk Doncic may be willing to leave even while losing the supermax. I don't see how that supporting cast without Irving ever becomes anything. With that trade they have to make it work. So unless Doncic tells them to get rid of him or they find a way to sign and trade Irving for some better two way players they're stuck.

kawhileonard2
04-02-2023, 09:53 PM

Why did Lebron lose in round 2 with Shaq who won league and finals mvp but Kobe and Wade won titles with Shaq?

Full Court
04-02-2023, 10:22 PM
2011 most epic choke job of all time. :confusedshrug:

WhiteKyrie
04-02-2023, 11:17 PM
Kyrie had the Celtics as the best team in the east in 2018 and the only competitor to the Warriors before his injury. OP such an obvious LeBron Stan, not a Laker Fan. The Kyrie agenda is often touted by Bron Stains like he dragged him. Luka and Kyrie didn’t play much together and they gutted the teams defense and rebounding to get him. Severely flawed built team. Kyrie would’ve been in the Finals in 2021 if he didn’t get hurt and Harden hurt as well.

John8204
04-02-2023, 11:49 PM
To be fair to Kyrie, he has done the best on his own compared to Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, and even Dwyane Wade. Lebron just elevates really good players to championship caliber guys.

iamgine
04-02-2023, 11:50 PM
Because success is hard. Allen Iverson only had that one year going to the Finals. Tmac don't make it to second round. Luka is so godly yet he's barely making the playoff.

SouBeachTalents
04-02-2023, 11:54 PM
To be fair to Kyrie, he has done the best on his own compared to Kevin Love, Anthony Davis, and even Dwyane Wade. Lebron just elevates really good players to championship caliber guys.
You literally have to say something stupid in every post you make :lol

WhiteKyrie
04-02-2023, 11:56 PM
D-Wade was an mvp candidate and a finals mvp with a ring before LeBron tucked tail to run to Wade’s team.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 12:11 AM
D-Wade was an mvp candidate and a finals mvp with a ring

Thanks to Shaq and the refs.

Honor Boost
04-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Two cancers play well together

WhiteKyrie
04-03-2023, 12:23 AM
Thanks to Shaq and the refs.

No Wade was the superior player. And attacked the rim. What’s that have to do with MVP season in 2009? Or really 2007 before he threw his shoulder out? 28/8/8 pre shoulder injury with nothing but by that point super washed vets on his team

Overdrive
04-03-2023, 12:25 AM
Kyrie basically said he didn't want to be the 2nd fiddle when he left Cle in 17. So even if he plays with obviously better players he just plays like he's the #1 option.

With Lebron he was fine up until somewhere in the 17 season that the ball is out of his hands most times. He complimented Lebron pretty well, until he basically gave up on being a teammate to anybody. It showed ever since. He wants to get his and not be held back by others sacrificing wins along the way.

I don't know why the Mavs thought it was a good idea to get him.

Axe
04-03-2023, 12:26 AM
No Wade was the superior player. And attacked the rim. What’s that have to do with MVP season in 2009? Or really 2007 before he threw his shoulder out? 28/8/8 pre shoulder injury with nothing but by that point super washed vets on his team
Always praising anyone else who used to be on his team but him. :oldlol:

BigShotBob
04-03-2023, 12:29 AM
Tatum averaged 12 points on 30% shooting in the second round lost to the Bucks that Kyrie was apart of

Btw he lead his team to almost 50 wins (49) but OP sucks Pippen off for winning 55 games without Jordan and leading his team to a 2nd round exit (just like Kyrie did)

Pick one. Either Kyrie lead his team to a successful year (like Pippen did) or he didn't (like Pippen didn't)

There now OP has been revealed to having a peanut sized IQ and an agenda

1987_Lakers
04-03-2023, 12:34 AM
Tatum averaged 12 points on 30% shooting in the second round lost to the Bucks that Kyrie was apart of

Btw he lead his team to almost 50 wins (49) but OP sucks Pippen off for winning 55 games without Jordan and leading his team to a 2nd round exit (just like Kyrie did)

Pick one. Either Kyrie lead his team to a successful year (like Pippen did) or he didn't (like Pippen didn't)

There now OP has been revealed to having a peanut sized IQ and an agenda

Kyrie had Tatum, Brown, Rozier & Horford by his side.

Pippen had Grant and Armstrong.

Nuff said.

Not to mention Kyrie shot like 39% in that playoff run. :oldlol:

Boston was so stacked that Rozier was an immediate 18-20 ppg player once he left Boston.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 12:40 AM
Kyrie basically said he didn't want to be the 2nd fiddle when he left Cle in 17. So even if he plays with obviously better players he just plays like he's the #1 option.

With Lebron he was fine up until somewhere in the 17 season that the ball is out of his hands most times. He complimented Lebron pretty well, until he basically gave up on being a teammate to anybody. It showed ever since. He wants to get his and not be held back by others sacrificing wins along the way.

I don't know why the Mavs thought it was a good idea to get him.

Kyrie not wanting to be 2nd fiddle is what Kobe (his mentor) planted into his head from prior experience.

BigShotBob
04-03-2023, 12:48 AM

Nuff said.

Boston was so stacked that Rozier was an immediate 18-20 ppg player once he left Boston.

Now I know you're trolling.

Pippen with a 19 year old Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Horford is not doing any better.

Pippen shot 40% against the Knicks....

If you expected Kyrie to lead a 4 seed over a 1 seed then that's you being a troll (no surprise) so again, either Kyrie had a successful season (like Pippen) or he didn't (like Pippen)

Choice is yours I don't hide behind agendas

1987_Lakers
04-03-2023, 12:54 AM
Now I know you're trolling.

Pippen with a 19 year old Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Horford is not doing any better.

Pippen shot 40% against the Knicks....

If you expected Kyrie to lead a 4 seed over a 1 seed then that's you being a troll (no surprise) so again, either Kyrie had a successful season (like Pippen) or he didn't (like Pippen)

Choice is yours I don't hide behind agendas

I'm not, you're just too stupid to see reality. Boston made the ECF without Kyrie the year before. Expectations for Boston were very high for the '19 season, a 2nd round exit was seen as a disappointment by many people.

Many saw the Bulls as a 7th-8th seed without MJ and a 44 win team according to vegas, they exceeded expectations and won 55 games.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1994_preseason_odds.html

For comparison sake Boston won only 49 games when Vegas had them winning 59 games and were runner up favorites to win the title right behind the KD-Curry Warriors when the season began.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_preseason_odds.html

Sit down.

BigShotBob
04-03-2023, 01:03 AM
I'm not, you're just too stupid to see reality. Boston made the ECF without Kyrie the year before. Expectations for Boston were very high for the '19 season, a 2nd round exit was seen as a disappointment by many people.

Many saw the Bulls as a 7th-8th seed without MJ and a 44 win team according to vegas, they exceeded expectations and won 55 games.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1994_preseason_odds.html

For comparison sake Boston won only 49 games when Vegas had them winning 59 games and were runner up favorites to win the title right behind the KD-Curry Warriors when the season began.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_preseason_odds.html

Sit down.

Oh so we're using vegas odds now?

So what happened in 2014 when the Heat were expected to win 61 games and were favored to win the championship and instead won 54 games (under expectations) and lost the Finals in embarrassing fashion to the Spurs "Dynasty" that was expected to win 55 games, less games than the Clippers were expected to win (57)

You make this too easy I'm literally yawning right now.

1987_Lakers
04-03-2023, 01:05 AM
Oh so we're using vegas odds now?

So what happened in 2014 when the Heat were expected to win 61 games and were favored to win the championship and instead won 54 games (under expectations) and lost the Finals in embarrassing fashion to the Spurs "Dynasty" that was expected to win 55 games, less games than the Clippers were expected to win (57)

You make this too easy I'm literally yawning right now.

Injuries happened, their 2nd best player in Wade was hobbled throughout most of the postseason.

Boston was healthy for the most part.

You make this too easy.

You had no comeback so you had to change the subject.

Pathetic.

Overdrive
04-03-2023, 04:48 AM

Nuff said.

Kukoc exists. He instantly helped the Bulls, but rarely gets mentioned by the anti-Jordan crowd. The guy was a seasoned pro player already when he came over to the NBA. Yes, he had the "soft" tag, but he was a point forward just like Pippen with a better outside shot and worse defense.

Why act like he didn't exist?

Overdrive
04-03-2023, 04:50 AM
Kyrie not wanting to be 2nd fiddle is what Kobe (his mentor) planted into his head from prior experience.

Maybe, but I think it's also his stupid "I won't be oppressed" mindset. Acting like owners and teammates use him like a slave, while he is a ****ing multimillionaire playing basketball.

3ba11
04-03-2023, 05:44 AM

Luka would win a chip with Kyrie if we added an All-NBA PF to the Mavs - Lebron had Love in addition to Kyrie, which yielded 3 all-stars and first options on 1 team (super-team).

So Luka's cast can't compare and it isn't a fair comparison - Luka and Kyrie would need to add an All-NBA PF and a bunch of veterans to compare to Lebron's lineups.

Lebron underachieved by never winning 60 with Kyrie/Love... Lebron only won 53 games in 2017, so the team was a whimpering underdog instead of flirting with 70 wins like Kawhi or Curry (better brands of ball).. The Finals was supposed to be a clash of titans but instead it was a major mismatch because Lebron wasn't able to produce a great team despite having 2 stars like Kyrie/Love and the best veteran-help in the league.

Furthermore, the 2018 Celtics started the season 20-2 with Kyrie and had the best team in the league but Hayward's return in 2019 cratered Tatum/Brown for 1 year... Tatum/Brown recovered to become stars in 2020..

So everyone has it backwards - Kyrie is the difference-maker that turned the 2016 Cavs into champions (after losing in 2015 without Kyrie), and he turned around the 2018 Celtics, and he was the obvious difference-maker against Giannis in 2021.. Kyrie is a difference-maker that puts teams over the top into championship-caliber - that's the historical record.

Lebron23
04-03-2023, 07:32 AM
Leleadership, Lediscipline.

WhiteKyrie
04-03-2023, 09:21 AM
Leleadership, Lediscipline.

LeBron has no leadership