PDA

View Full Version : Curry scores 21pts on 28 shots.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 01:15 AM
Last night against Denver FTL

2-14 from 3pt land

1987_Lakers
04-03-2023, 01:17 AM
Curry put up an air ball in the final seconds of the game during their mini comeback, but in his defense it might have been deflected, Klay just grabbed the loose ball and hit an extremely tough corner 3 to make up for it. Klay wanted it tonight, I thought for sure his potential game winner was going in.

Axe
04-03-2023, 01:20 AM
Against denver without joker. Eeyikes. :hammerhead:

Uncle must be composing some excuses rn as to why he's had such an ugly night. :oldlol:

hold this L
04-03-2023, 03:32 AM
Shambolic performance. Need Wiggins to get with the team asap to get some chemistry and his physicality back.

Spurs m8
04-03-2023, 04:07 AM
Op dreams of Curry fingering him

tontoz
04-03-2023, 07:51 AM
So Curry was 2-14 from 3 but for the season is still shooting 42.5% from 3, 12.2% higher than LeBrick.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Curry put up an air ball in the final seconds of the game during their mini comeback, but in his defense it might have been deflected, Klay just grabbed the loose ball and hit an extremely tough corner 3 to make up for it. Klay wanted it tonight, I thought for sure his potential game winner was going in.
The announcer said it was partially blocked, but tough to see on the replay. Klay's 3 right after the Curry air ball was pretty sick.

You notice that Steph was taken out of the game right at the end for defensive purposes, only to put him right back in after the Jazz turnover?

Airupthere
04-03-2023, 09:08 AM
Op dreams of Curry fingering him

:roll:

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 09:10 AM
So Curry was 2-14 from 3 but for the season is still shooting 42.5% from 3, 12.2% higher than LeBrick.
Yep... he shot like shit. Any other questions?

tontoz
04-03-2023, 09:42 AM
Yep... he shot like shit. Any other questions?

Yeah. How many games would Curry have to shoot 2-14 from 3 for his percentage to get as low as Lebron's?

Axe
04-03-2023, 09:49 AM
So another bad shooting night contributes to another road loss for the warriors. :roll:

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 09:50 AM
Yeah. How many games would Curry have to shoot 2-14 from 3 for his percentage to get as low as Lebron's?

Don't know, don'e care. I was just pointing out that the alleged "greatest shooter of all time" had a really tough time from the field last night.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 10:08 AM
Don't know, don'e care. I was just pointing out that the alleged "greatest shooter of all time" had a really tough time from the field last night.

"Alleged"?

How many players in history have taken over 10 3s per game shooting over 42% for a season?

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 10:18 AM
If you wanna call him the greatest 3pt shooter of all time, be my guest.

We've already gone through this though. You say he's the greatest shooter ever, I counter it and you start talking about height differential as why others i mention have better all around shooting abilities from inside and outside the arc.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 10:22 AM
If you wanna call him the greatest 3pt shooter of all time, be my guest.

We've already gone through this though. You say he's the greatest shooter ever, I counter it and you start talking about height differential as why others i mention have better all around shooting abilities from inside and outside the arc.

I will take that as your concession that you can't find anyone. Steph has done it 3 times prior to this season.

For his career Steph is also shooting 91% from the line and 52% on 2s. Case closed.

Axe
04-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Courtesy of moving screens and willful screensetters..

highwhey
04-03-2023, 10:26 AM

:roll:

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 10:34 AM
I will take that as your concession that you can't find anyone. Steph has done it 3 times prior to this season.

For his career Steph is also shooting 91% from the line and 52% on 2s. Case closed.
I didn't try to look for anyone, I already know he's the greatest 3pt shooter of all time.

Only .071% of his career shots are from midrange. How many other great shooters can you find that did the same or even less then that in their career?

If I need a 3, I'm taking Steph. If I need one point to win, then I'm taking someone else.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 10:38 AM
I didn't try to look for anyone, I already know he's the greatest 3pt shooter of all time.

Only .071% of his career shots are from midrange. How many other great shooters can you find that did the same or even less then that in their career?

If I need a 3, I'm taking Steph. If I need one point to win, then I'm taking someone else.

:facepalm

Arguing who you would take for one possession is a completely different argument from who is the greatest shooter ever.

And 16% of Curry's shots were from 16-3pt line. Those shots count too when evaluating shooters. For some odd reason you seem to think shots taken from 10-16 feet are more important that shots taken 16-3pt. News flash, they aren't.

Hey Yo
04-03-2023, 10:55 AM
I will take that as your concession that you couldn't find anyone.

Great all around shooters look to score from anywhere on the court. Yes, long 2's count but are the worst shots you can take. For Steph it's pretty must mostly 3pt shot or at rim with very little in between.

tontoz
04-03-2023, 11:08 AM
I will take that as your concession that you couldn't find anyone.

Great all around shooters look to score from anywhere on the court. Yes, long 2's count but are the worst shots you can take. For Steph it's pretty must mostly 3pt shot or at rim with very little in between.

Worst shots? A 19 footer counts the same as a 15 footer and the percentages typically aren't much different for most players.

23% of Curry's shots for his career were from 10ft - 3pt line. He's played 873 regular season games and 134 playoff games. I think the sample size is pretty big at this point. Shots from both ranges are typically low efficiency shots which makes it odd that you place so much value on midrange.

It makes sense that Steph doesn't shoot them often.

The midrange and long 2 both count 50% less than a 3 and are therefore less important than a 3.

LeGoat4Life
04-03-2023, 11:14 AM
Still shot better than Lebron in these tough games