PDA

View Full Version : Top 55 player pyramid according to Nick Wright.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 11:21 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304040850420325.jpeg

i guess that makes him feel important and like he has job security

SouBeachTalents
04-03-2023, 11:34 PM
He's obviously looking for controversy ranking Jokic where he did. And unless I missed him, no Rudy.

L.Kizzle
04-03-2023, 11:40 PM
Was this done before the season started or like last week?

Kblaze8855
04-03-2023, 11:41 PM
He's obviously looking for controversy ranking Jokic where he did. And unless I missed him, no Rudy.

In an individual comparison I’d say Tatum is the only one people would be shocked to see someone rank over Jokic. Whatever any of us thinks ranking wise it isn’t like…gonna create outrage in the basketball world to say any of those top 3 level guys is the best in the world Tatum aside.

An argument for Luka, Steph, KD, Giannis or Embiid wouldn’t like…stop traffic. Obviously Jokics name wouldn’t either. He has a pretty acceptable list of guys at the top if he swapped Jokic and Tatum. The order of those top guys doesn’t really make them different levels to me.

Even people who think Embiid is better than Jokic don’t think he is two tiers better. I wouldn’t think so at least.

It’s hard to make it fit the shape required. All those top few levels are pretty similar but you have to split them up to fit and it makes it look like you think they’re levels apart.

WhiteKyrie
04-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Accurate actually imo

homo sapiens = wise man

once you accept people in general are not that wise

you care less and less what they think

SouBeachTalents
04-04-2023, 12:36 AM
In an individual comparison I’d say Tatum is the only one people would be shocked to see someone rank over Jokic. Whatever any of us thinks ranking wise it isn’t like…gonna create outrage in the basketball world to say any of those top 3 level guys is the best in the world Tatum aside.

An argument for Luka, Steph, KD, Giannis or Embiid wouldn’t like…stop traffic. Obviously Jokics name wouldn’t either. He has a pretty acceptable list of guys at the top if he swapped Jokic and Tatum. The order of those top guys doesn’t really make them different levels to me.

Even people who think Embiid is better than Jokic don’t think he is two tiers better. I wouldn’t think so at least.

It’s hard to make it fit the shape required. All those top few levels are pretty similar but you have to split them up to fit and it makes it look like you think they’re levels apart.
If it's based off this season the clear cut top 3 guys are Giannis, Jokic & Embiid. So to have one of those guys in the 4th tier with Ja Morant, the guy who could very well win his 3rd straight MVP, is inarguably a terrible take :lol

For one playoff run I wouldn't dispute that KD, Curry or Luka could outperform Jokic, but he has his team, a good but not great supporting cast, as the number 1 seed, while KD's gonna miss over 30 games, Curry's team is barely over .500, and Luka's on the verge of missing the play in.

I'm always very skeptical of what anyone in the media says because their main objective is to cause controversy and gain attention for ratings, and ranking Jokic where he did just screams that to me.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 07:43 AM
If it's based off this season the clear cut top 3 guys are Giannis, Jokic & Embiid. So to have one of those guys in the 4th tier with Ja Morant, the guy who could very well win his 3rd straight MVP, is inarguably a terrible take

There are about 6 players in the league nobody would jump down your throat for calling the best and having to make it tiers to shape a pyramid doesn’t change that. It’s certainly arguable that all 6 are better than any of the other 6 if it’s about basketball. It’s never been out of line to say KD>Giannis or Luka>Embiid or any combo of those top guys. The way individual seasons shake out doesn’t change that. I’d compare it to 1990. Barkley got the most first place mvp votes and Magic actually won…but the idea that Jordan, Bird, or Hakeem were as good as Barkley wouldn’t have made anyone jump down your throat. Jordan is Jordan Hakeem’s team had a bad year and Bird was coming off his injury but it would still be an acceptable opinion in public.

Barkley should likely have won mvp but if you put Jordan, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, and even Ewing that year over him in a forced level system there are a lot of ways to argue it isn’t outrageous from a basketball pov. Everyone was close enough it’s a preference thing.

That said…putting him low while the media prepared to make him mvp or runner up would likely be for attention as you said. But also not out of line in the individual matchups.

highwhey
04-04-2023, 07:47 AM
he has KD on the 3rd tier? LMAO

wouldn't expect more out of a mouthbreather to rank giannis as one

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 08:15 AM
Horrible list but they do this shit on purpose to drive traffic.

tontoz
04-04-2023, 08:21 AM
So the two time MVP is on tier 4? :facepalm

DMAVS41
04-04-2023, 08:37 AM
Can’t have Jokic 7th and pretend you don’t have an agenda. Reasonable list if you switch Luka and Jokic.

Real Men Wear Green
04-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Laker duo is too high unless he doesn't care about game played. But playing games is actually the most important thing for most teams.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 08:48 AM
Can’t have Jokic 7th and pretend you don’t have an agenda. Reasonable list if you switch Luka and Jokic.

Id say Tatum and Jokic swapping makes for a hard to complain top 6 just not in order.

DMAVS41
04-04-2023, 08:51 AM
Id say Tatum and Jokic swapping makes for a hard to complain top 6 just not in order.

That would be fine as well imo.

Although it is absolutely reasonable to take Tatum over Luka this season.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 09:20 AM
Well, when I watch the games he still seems to be the same guy to me so I don’t know that Luka is worse because his team is worse this year. Kind of reminds me of Hakeem between finals runs. When he’s doing 24/14 with 5 blocks and 2 steals a night does he drop a couple tiers because his team wins 41 games?

Granted in this comparison Tatum would be maybe Ewing who was having some big years and winning more at the same time.

You get why Ewing had to get some love and it’s reflected in the accolades we assign by certain criteria but that doesn’t necessarily mean Hakeem’s status should go up and down that easily.

But that gets us to “Basketball vs accolades” which is a question that will never be answered for good. I just have a hard time with the idea players get that much better or worse with the things that change their accolades(teammates, coaching, and so on). You do get better and worse with health issues though.

Real Men Wear Green
04-04-2023, 09:23 AM
I am not even sure why but hearing Tatum be compared to Ewing is bothering me.

DMAVS41
04-04-2023, 09:29 AM
Well, when I watch the games he still seems to be the same guy to me so I don’t know that Luka is worse because his team is worse this year. Kind of reminds me of Hakeem between finals runs. When he’s doing 24/14 with 5 blocks and 2 steals a night does he drop a couple tiers because his team wins 41 games?

Granted in this comparison Tatum would be maybe Ewing who was having some big years and winning more at the same time.

You get why Ewing had to get some love and it’s reflected in the accolades we assign by certain criteria but that doesn’t necessarily mean Hakeem’s status should go up and down that easily.

But that gets us to “Basketball vs accolades” which is a question that will never be answered for good. I just have a hard time with the idea players get that much better or worse with the things that change their accolades(teammates, coaching, and so on). You do get better and worse with health issues though.

I don’t think Luka is worse, certainly not offensively. Luka’s defensive effort though has been abysmal this year. Yes, the team around causes part of that for sure, but even accounting for that… it’s really bad.

Tatum has improved this year as well and it isn’t like there was some huge gap last year either.

Who would I take this year, I don’t know, but either way it would be reasonable.

PP34Deuce
04-04-2023, 09:36 AM

Not a bad list. Jokic should be higher and Bron can be anywhere from 8 to 12.

What it shows me is once lebron KD curry leave... you have jokic giannis and embiid and luka being international players that will be the best.

We all know NBA doesn't like promoting face of the nba with non American players

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 09:36 AM
I am not even sure why but hearing Tatum be compared to Ewing is bothering me.

Tatum vs the 1990 Ewing in question should probably bother Ewing more than Tatum. Not that that was the usual Ewing.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 10:25 AM

But ImKobe told me Ingram is better than Tatum

pegasus
04-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Jokic should be at the top with Giannis. Steph and Luka should swap places, and Lebron belongs in the same tier as Fox, Brown, Edwards, etc. I'd also take SGA over Ja.

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2023, 03:22 PM
This list jives with the notion that Embiid has more help than Jokic.

DMAVS41
04-04-2023, 03:24 PM
Joel at 2 is perfectly reasonable, but I’ve heard Nick go on and on about Jokic not winning enough in the playoffs… and using that as a core part of his argument against him.

Tough to square that take with Joel being two tiers higher when Joel has never been to a conference finals.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 03:45 PM

No it's not lol. JT is on a stacked team but he's nowhere near as good as Luka. Even with the Mavs' recent struggles and the 3 - 1 stretch without Doncic in the "Kyrie era", they're still 5 - 10 when he doesn't play on the season, meaning he carried them and played at an MVP level through his first 47 games. Even during this recent bad streak (last 7 games) he's been averaging 31/9/9 on 59.3%TS. He's just so much better than JT offensively by all the metrics, and none of the metrics point to JT being elite on D this year as the C's have been 2.5 points per 100 better defensively with him off the court and he's just above average on D (73 percentile) according to EPM & a negative on D according to RAPTOR. I don't see an argument for Tatum.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 03:49 PM
No it's not lol. JT is on a stacked team but he's nowhere near as good as Luka. Even with the Mavs' recent struggles and the 3 - 1 stretch without Doncic in the "Kyrie era", they're still 5 - 10 when he doesn't play on the season, meaning he carried them and played at an MVP level through his first 47 games. Even during this recent bad streak (last 7 games) he's been averaging 31/9/9 on 59.3%TS. He's just so much better than JT offensively by all the metrics, and none of the metrics point to JT being elite on D this year as the C's have been 2.5 points per 100 better defensively with him off the court and he's just above average on D (73 percentile) according to EPM & a negative on D according to RAPTOR. I don't see an argument for Tatum.
Fuming. Ingram is a Danny Granger level player.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 03:51 PM
Fuming. Ingram is a Danny Granger level player.

Another great take from a low IQ Bran stan.

tontoz
04-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Ingram will never make All-NBA because he can't play 65 games. I like Ingram but his inability to stay on the court is a big problem for a guy in his 20s.

Currently Tatum is averaging 30/9/4.6 with a TS of 61% and he's done it playing 72 games. I am pretty comfortable predicting that Ingram will never have a comparable season.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 04:00 PM
You don’t even know who Danny Granger is if you’re insulted by that comparison. Or you severely overrate Brickgram.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 04:02 PM
Ingram will never make All-NBA because he can't play 65 games. I like Ingram but his inability to stay on the court is a big problem for a guy in his 20s.

Currently Tatum is averaging 30/9/4.6 with a TS of 61% and he's done it playing 72 games. I am pretty comfortable predicting that Ingram will never have a comparable season.
Tatum is having one of the best seasons in Celtics history. Ingram has mostly struggled to win without Zion before he got a super soft schedule down the stretch. There’s a clear difference. Ingram is a really good player, I’d love to have him on the Heat, but Tatum is consensus top 10. There are levels to this.

DMAVS41
04-04-2023, 04:03 PM

My thoughts have nothing to do with team strength.

Tatum has clearly improved as a scorer this year. He’s scoring more and on better efficiency than he ever has. No, he’s not Luka on offense, but 30 a night on his efficiency…while being able to play off ball… and being a significantly better defender… it’s close this year for me.

I almost always go with the transcendent offensive player and probably still would take Luka, but you diminishing just how good Tatum has gotten.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 04:18 PM

What about that is weird? He said Danny Granger not Danny Green.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 04:19 PM
What about that is weird? He said Danny Granger not Danny Green.
He’s convinced Ingram is a superstar for some reason. Can’t accept being “merely” an all-star.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Tatum is having one of the best seasons in Celtics history. Ingram has mostly struggled to win without Zion before he got a super soft schedule down the stretch. There’s a clear difference. Ingram is a really good player, I’d love to have him on the Heat, but Tatum is consensus top 10. There are levels to this.

Stop the cap. It's nowhere near the best seasons in C's history.

Pels are 11 - 10 in their last 21 with BI since he returned from injury. They lost 9 out of 12 before his return lol. Last season they were 7 - 20 without Ingram. 13 of their last 21 games with BI have been on the road. During this stretch they've played the Lakers 3x, Clippers 2x, @GS 2x, @OKC, @SAC, vs Cleveland and @DEN but according to you they've had the easiest stretch in the league lol.. even in their last 10 (where they're 7 - 3), they've had to play vs Lakers, @LAC & vs LAC at home & @DEN (without Jokic but Denver has looked pretty good without him in this stretch).

Pels are also one of the worst 3PT teams in the league as they're 29th in attempts and only really have BI, CJ, Trey & Josh Richardson as their reliable 3PT shooters and they've been playing BI with 3-4 non-shooters for quite a bit in this recent stretch and he's still going off vs. good teams.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2023, 04:25 PM
I can somewhat understand why someone could just look for two seconds at Ingram and Tatum and think that they're on the same level. Ingram does have an excellent scoring arsenal, and when he's hitting he'll give you 35 and make it look easy. When the discussion is about what's "in the bag" then yea...comparable I suppose.

But Ingram also can be a bit of a ball-stopper. He doesn't really make quick decisions, start breaks, get after it defensively, or push any sort of tempo or dynamic on the game outside of what he can do by himself offensively. At least not to the level that Tatum does. Those little things are what separate people at the top. Or what can at least be the difference between the 23rd best player in the league and the 9th.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Stop the cap. It's nowhere near the best seasons in C's history.

Pels are 11 - 10 in their last 21 with BI since he returned from injury. They lost 9 out of 12 before his return lol. Last season they were 7 - 20 without Ingram. 13 of their last 21 games with BI have been on the road. During this stretch they've played the Lakers 3x, Clippers 2x, @GS 2x, @OKC, @SAC, vs Cleveland and @DEN but according to you they've had the easiest stretch in the league lol.. even in their last 10 (where they're 7 - 3), they've had to play vs Lakers, @LAC & vs LAC at home & @DEN (without Jokic but Denver has looked pretty good without him in this stretch).

Pels are also one of the worst 3PT teams in the league as they're 29th in attempts and only really have BI, CJ, Trey & Josh Richardson as their reliable 3PT shooters and they've been playing BI with 3-4 non-shooters for quite a bit in this recent stretch and he's still going off vs. good teams.
No one said the team is better without Ingram but they’re not a good team without Zion even with him. That recent 11-10 stretch includes wins against the tanking Blazers(3 different times!), Nuggets without Jokic, tanking Spurs, tanking Hornets and tanking Rockets. You’re gonna have to do better than that if we’re comparing him to someone as good as Tatum.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 04:28 PM
I can somewhat understand why someone could just look for two seconds at Ingram and Tatum and think that they're on the same level. Ingram does have an excellent scoring arsenal, and when he's hitting he'll give you 35 and make it look easy. When the discussion is about what's "in the bag" then yea...comparable I suppose.

But Ingram also can be a bit of a ball-stopper. He doesn't really make quick decisions, start breaks, get after it defensively, or push any sort of tempo or dynamic on the game outside of what he can do by himself offensively. At least not nearly to the level of what Tatum does. Those little things are what separate people at the top.

Ingram is playing with arguably the worst spacing in the league while Tatum has the best spacing (well did for most of the season as the C's role players were making 3s at a historic rate). You don't think that helps Tatum's game?

RRR3
04-04-2023, 04:30 PM
Ingram is playing with arguably the worst spacing in the league while Tatum has the best spacing (well did for most of the season as the C's role players were making 3s at a historic rate). You don't think that helps Tatum's game?
The Pelicans are 14th in 3P%. Why do you continuously make things up?

PeroAntic
04-04-2023, 04:30 PM

Jokic for Luka and then Luka for Tatum is the only right answer.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 04:37 PM
No one said the team is better without Ingram but they’re not a good team without Zion even with him. That recent 11-10 stretch includes 3 wins against the tanking Blazers, Nuggets without Jokic, tanking Spurs, tanking Hornets and tanking Rockets. You’re gonna have to do better than that if we’re comparing him to someone as good as Tatum.

Cool. Last year they were 29 - 26 with Ingram and 7 - 20 without and that's without Zion playing all season. He might get them into the POs yet again and they're worse off this season due to Alvarado's injury. Most of these West teams through 5 - 12 have been struggling, even vs. bad teams, while BI and the Pels could still end up with a 6th seed. You can only play who's in front of you and he's exceeded everyone's expectations since his return from injury.

You do understand the difference in their supporting casts as well, right? Pels were even worse at shooting 3s last year (24th in attempts, 27th in 3PT%) and he got them into the Playoffs. C's are a top 5 3PT shooting team (2nd in attempts, 6th in 3PT%) and that's with Tatum shooting below average from 3. CJ is also a much worse 2nd option than Jaylen Brown.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2023, 04:38 PM

Sure I suppose. But the Celtics move well without the ball and move the ball around consistently. Tatum's game is a part of that.

Obviously I know that both guys aren't really comparable to the ones I'll mention, but I almost view it as a Carmelo vs Bron situation. Carmelo has that bag and could outscore Bron on any given day but Lebron's consistent activity on both ends is why he was better. If you watch one game, particularly one where Melo is hitting you wouldn't think there's much (if any) difference between the two. Watching consistently you can see the little things that Bron did that had an impact that Melo wasn't capable of doing.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 04:41 PM
The Pelicans are 14th in 3P%. Why do you continuously make things up?

Look at the attempts....they're 29th in the league lmao. Percentage means very little when you're barely taking them.

tontoz
04-04-2023, 04:49 PM
Look at the attempts....they're 29th in the league lmao. Percentage means very little when you're barely taking them.

Part of the reason their attempts are down is because Ingram has missed almost half the season. CJ and Murphy take a combined 13.5 3s per game shooting almost 40%.

Ingram's big problem isn't his team, it's his inability to stay on the court.

ImKobe
04-04-2023, 04:54 PM
Sure I suppose. But the Celtics move well without the ball and move the ball around consistently. Tatum's game is a part of that.

Obviously I know that both guys aren't really comparable to the ones I'll mention, but I almost view it as a Carmelo vs Bron situation. Carmelo has that bag and could outscore Bron on any given day but Lebron's consistent activity on both ends is why he was better. If you watch one game, particularly one where Melo is hitting you wouldn't think there's much (if any) difference between the two. Watching consistently you can see the little things that Bron did that had an impact that Melo wasn't capable of doing.

It would make sense if Tatum was a better passer/playmaker & a better ballhandler but there's no argument to be made there for him. JT was drafted to a team that made the ECF while Ingram went to the rebuilding Lakers. Once the Lakers added talent, he was shipped out for someone else onto another rebuilding team. That rebuilding team drafted a potential superstar who's never been healthy and who's likely not going to be back for the Playoffs this time either. It's not hard to see how that would play a significant role in how we view those guys. With Melo & Bran there was a clear gap in overall talent. I don't see one with JT and BI, though like I've always said I'd rather have JT since he's been way more durable up to this point, but don't sleep on Ingram either because he's going to be there in the future if he can manage to stay healthy.

And like I said, the Pels have horrible spacing and nowhere near the offensive talent that the C's do. It's hard not to be a ballstopper when a past-prime CJ McCollum is the only other player who can consistently beat guys off the dribble.

Part of the reason their attempts are down is because Ingram has missed almost half the season. CJ and Murphy take a combined 13.5 3s per game shooting almost 40%.

Ingram's big problem isn't his team, it's his inability to stay on the court.

How is it not? Him and CJ are their only reliable scorers & ballhandlers, everything else is random from game to game. Zion has played 114 games in 4 years. Pels need BI & Zion both or they have no real chance. At least BI has shown the ability to play 2/3rds or more of the season for the vast majority of his career.

tontoz
04-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Ingram has missed 37 games, Zion has missed more than that yet they are still 2 games over .500. I think that speaks to the depth of their team. Constantly blaming the team for Ingram's shortcomings is just weak.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 05:31 PM
“Barely taking them” every team in the league jacks 3s you idiot. Someone has to be last or close or it.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 05:32 PM
It would make sense if Tatum was a better passer/playmaker & a better ballhandler but there's no argument to be made there for him. JT was drafted to a team that made the ECF while Ingram went to the rebuilding Lakers. Once the Lakers added talent, he was shipped out for someone else onto another rebuilding team. That rebuilding team drafted a potential superstar who's never been healthy and who's likely not going to be back for the Playoffs this time either. It's not hard to see how that would play a significant role in how we view those guys. With Melo & Bran there was a clear gap in overall talent. I don't see one with JT and BI, though like I've always said I'd rather have JT since he's been way more durable up to this point, but don't sleep on Ingram either because he's going to be there in the future if he can manage to stay healthy.

And like I said, the Pels have horrible spacing and nowhere near the offensive talent that the C's do. It's hard not to be a ballstopper when a past-prime CJ McCollum is the only other player who can consistently beat guys off the dribble.

How is it not? Him and CJ are their only reliable scorers & ballhandlers, everything else is random from game to game. Zion has played 114 games in 4 years. Pels need BI & Zion both or they have no real chance. At least BI has shown the ability to play 2/3rds or more of the season for the vast majority of his career.
People absolutely used to argue Melo over LeBron before Bron started winning rings. They sounded just as ridiculous as you do now.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2023, 05:40 PM

Maybe I'm not saying this right. It's not about any particular skill on paper. Passer, ballhandler, pure shooter, etc. That's all cool in Ingram's favor (albeit slightly) but there are things that people can do that matter as much as just having a skill we talk about. The game is more big-picture than many want to admit.

I guess a better example would be Kyrie and Dame, although I think they are closer in status than Ingram and Tatum. Kyrie has better footwork, tighter handle, is a more creative finisher and probably a better pure shooter despite the logo shots from Dame. You could probably argue that he's a smoother passer and playmaker as well. But Dame is longer, quicker, faster, and more effective in many ways, while also being close in many of the other categories we talk about.

It's fun to just bring out the shooting/handles/passing/defense Mount Rushmore as if that's the end of any comparison that can happen but it goes deeper than that. Tatum is more active than Ingram and can consistently bring extra things to the table.

RRR3
04-04-2023, 05:48 PM
Maybe I'm not saying this right. It's not about any particular skill on paper. Passer, ballhandler, pure shooter, etc. That's all cool in Ingram's favor (albeit slightly) but there are things that people can do that matter as much as just having a skill we talk about. The game is more big-picture than many want to admit.

I guess a better example would be Kyrie and Dame, although I think they are closer in status than Ingram and Tatum. Kyrie has better footwork, tighter handle, is a more creative finisher and probably a better pure shooter despite the logo shots from Dame. You could probably argue that he's a smoother passer and playmaker as well. But Dame is longer, quicker, faster, and more effective in many ways, while also being close in many of the other categories we talk about.

It's fun to just bring out the shooting/handles/passing/defense Mount Rushmore as if that's the end of any comparison that can happen but it goes deeper than that. Tatum is more active than Ingram and can consistently bring extra things to the table.
EPM which he cited reflects this. Tatum 97th percentile, Ingram 89th. No doubt Ingram is a great player but he’s not top of the league great like Tatum.

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 03:52 PM
Most trusted going into the playoffs:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304070122020338.jpeg

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2023, 04:14 PM
Just to nitpick, I don't think I'd have included Jrue there. He's frankly gotten a really big pass on some absolutely atrocious shooting performances during his Bucks tenure.

15 ppg on 17 fga on 43%TS vs. Brooklyn, including 5/23 in Game 7
17 ppg on 18 fga on 44%TS vs. Phoenix, including 4/19 in Game 6
21 ppg on 22 fga on 45%TS vs. Boston, including 9/21 in Game 7

I understand scoring isn't his most valuable asset for the team and he contributes in other ways, but I feel like his piss poor scoring and efficiency nearly cost them in 2021 and hurt them last year.

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 04:17 PM
Just to nitpick, I don't think I'd have included Jrue there. He's frankly gotten a really big pass on some absolutely atrocious shooting performances during his Bucks tenure.

15 ppg on 17 fga on 43%TS vs. Brooklyn, including 5/23 in Game 7
17 ppg on 18 fga on 44%TS vs. Phoenix, including 4/19 in Game 6
21 ppg on 22 fga on 45%TS vs. Boston, including 9/21 in Game 7

I understand scoring isn't his most valuable asset for the team and he contributes in other ways, but I feel like his piss poor scoring and efficiency nearly cost them in 2021 and hurt them last year.

plays both ends of the court which puts him ahead of a lot of guys as far as I'm concerned

Real Men Wear Green
04-06-2023, 04:20 PM

No Irving or Doncic. That's understandable but, wow.

tontoz
04-06-2023, 04:26 PM
Jokic has been a beast in the playoffs. He lit up GS last year just didn't have enough help. Nick is either ignorant or pushing an agenda.

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 04:31 PM
I assume he’s only counting players he thinks are going to make the playoffs. Otherwise, Luka at least would be there.

Real Men Wear Green
04-06-2023, 05:33 PM
I assume he’s only counting players he thinks are going to make the playoffs. Otherwise, Luka at least would be there.

I am not arguing about it I'm just marveling at it. I bet those two would be on a lot of people's top 5 offensive guard lists, which is probably the same thing as most fans top 5 guards period. Doncic had basically slowed himself to be passed by Tatum this season due to poor effort, admitting he doesn't try on defense and the numerous possessing he doesn't get back on d after not getting a call. They were just in the conference finals and it's like they have completely fallen apart with amassing speed.

Axe
04-08-2023, 04:19 AM

Morant a part of this 'most trusted in playoffs' group? Lol with all his unruly behavior leaking, i wouldn't put my trust on a cocky prick who has a stupid tendency to show off his wannabe thug ass behavior. :lol

Speaking of which, he's been trying to cause some ruckus again it seems. :oldlol:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.basketballnetwork.net/.amp/off-the-court/ja-morant-accused-of-threatening-a-shoe-salesman-after-a-mere-misunderstanding-with-his-mother

Jasper
04-08-2023, 11:34 PM
DPY Lopez on bottom of stack ...:oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

kawhileonard2
04-09-2023, 12:15 AM

Replace Luka with Kawhi and put Kawhi and Giannis same and it's a good list.

RachlNicholsazz
05-17-2023, 10:47 AM

Embiid not one but 2 tiers above Jokic. Nick WRONG. :oldlol:

maxwellcu
05-17-2023, 05:38 PM

Every time this idiot speaks on television or the internet, this graphic should be displayed right beside him. I get that he’s making $$ being a hater, and that’s fine, but then he should get called on it. What a ****ing parasite and a loser.

Real Men Wear Green
05-17-2023, 07:39 PM
Too much is made out of rankings. Butler is in the 6th tier here. I can understand why but he's still managed to be the best player in the playoffs so far. I know it's anathema for a forum like this but rankings don't matter.

warriorfan
05-17-2023, 07:46 PM

Nick Wright is a pencil necked geek lebron stan.

Dude knows nothing about basketball. He’s embarrassing

kawhileonard2
05-17-2023, 09:03 PM

Nick has always been an idiot. Rob Parker and Chris Broussard are the guys to listen to.