PDA

View Full Version : Hail Jordan -Air movie getting 4 stars all over

StarJordan
04-04-2023, 01:02 AM
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/air_2023

3ba11
04-04-2023, 01:13 AM
What will the Lebron copy-job be about?.. How he ran away from fossils in 2010 and formed super-teams (didn't persevere)?

Sounds compelling

Or perhaps how he "lived up to expectations" after consolidating power in his conference?... Edgy

1987_Lakers
04-04-2023, 01:17 AM
I love a good movie. Will for sure watch this.

SouBeachTalents
04-04-2023, 01:19 AM
And here I thought I was the only one who liked good movies.

HoopologyPhD
04-04-2023, 10:53 AM
Can't wait for the LBJ biopic starring Halle Berry (also native Ohioan!) as Gloria.:applause:

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 10:56 AM
I don’t think I can watch this one. Same reason I never watched the Laker show on HBO. Watching actors play living people I’m really familiar with always takes me out of it. I’d be laughing the whole time watching someone play Jordan.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Has whoever plays Jordan even been in any of the trailers? I don’t think I’ve seen him and it’s probably for exactly the reason I mentioned. It just looks weird. It’s near impossible to play that role in a non distracting way.

dankok8
04-04-2023, 11:15 AM
Has whoever plays Jordan even been in any of the trailers? I don’t think I’ve seen him and it’s probably for exactly the reason I mentioned. It just looks weird. It’s near impossible to play that role in a non distracting way.

Yep it's even like that with other famous people. They look and behave differently from the real person that it kills the movie for me.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 11:20 AM
I don’t envy the predicament from a filmmakers perspective. On one hand, you want to make movies about famous people who have existing fans who might support it because it’s their story. But on the other hand, having existing fans who know them well, and go in full of nostalgia and memory, makes it more likely they see the flaws in the performance and are taken out of the story by the distraction. It feels like an SNL sketch or something.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 11:26 AM
Remember dude who played Julian on the shield(and murdered his wife in real life) played Jordan in a movie?

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304042054410291.jpeg

I just can’t look at it and take it serious. Your movie is instantly bad. I’m sure they limit Jordan’s screen time to reduce that feeling.

TheMan
04-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Imagine being such a great player and icon that they make a film about how that player became an icon and made a shoe company the worldwide phenomenon (in terms of shoe sales and success) decades after he retired...I find it hilarious how some kids who weren't even born when he played claim that Nike made Jordan into the cultural icon he became when it actually was the other way around. Had MJ been a flop, Nike wouldn't be the powerhouse they are today, they rode MJ's coattails for all its worth.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2023, 01:00 PM
Turns out they ducked the problem by having Jordan barely be in it and mostly from far away or behind.

nineiron
05-25-2023, 01:04 PM
What will the Lebron copy-job be about?.. How he ran away from fossils in 2010 and formed super-teams (didn't persevere)?

Sounds compelling

Or perhaps how he "lived up to expectations" after consolidating power in his conference?... Edgy

it will be called "FAIL"

GimmeThat
05-25-2023, 01:07 PM
and you wonder why people hate Trump.

AlternativeAcc.
05-25-2023, 01:09 PM

It's horrible and bland. Don't bother.

Jordan and his career is already played out and uninteresting. This movie was really bad. Matt Damon just isn't an interesting dude. The martian was also horrible compared to the book

1987_Lakers
05-25-2023, 01:11 PM
It's horrible and bland. Don't bother.

Jordan and his career is already played out and uninteresting. This movie was really bad.

I actually enjoyed the movie. Just didn't like how they portrayed Jordan's mom like she was this strong woman who knows it all when in real life she ignored her own daughter getting molested. Other than that, I was cool with it.

AlternativeAcc.
05-25-2023, 01:13 PM
I actually enjoyed the movie. Just didn't like how they portrayed Jordan's mom like she was this strong woman who knows it all when in real life she ignored her own daughter getting molested. Other than that, I was cool with it.

I watched it right after re-watching Moneyball so maybe it skewed my view, but damn it was boring as hell. Moneyball blows it away imo and Pitt is just a more interesting and dynamic actor.

1987_Lakers
05-25-2023, 01:13 PM
When I finally found the courage to let my father’s deeds tumble from my lips, I did not know what to expect, but I never in a million years would have guessed that my mother would turn on me. Her words of betrayals did far more damage to me than my father’s deeds. They spoke volumes to the fact that she really did not care about me, which my father obviously knew. It is because she was so expressive with her dislike for me that probably made my father know he could get away with violating me.

My father confessed his actions on the same day that I disclosed them to my mother. And on that frightful day of admission, I watched my mother, looking for a sign, any sign that she cared about me.

The memory of my father whispering in my ear during the wee hours of the night about the beauty of my body has played over and over in my head for many years. And as if that has not been incapacitating enough by itself, having to comprehend the fact that more often than not, he had just gotten out of the bed he shared with my mother to find his way to my bedroom has just added to the realization of the painful situation."

1987_Lakers
05-25-2023, 01:14 PM
I watched it right after re-watching Moneyball so maybe it skewed my view, but damn it was boring as hell. Moneyball blows it away imo and Pitt is just a more interesting and dynamic actor.

Well, that I agree with. Moneyball was better in my eyes.