PDA

View Full Version : In the words of the late great Dusty Rhodes….”It’ll never be over!”

Kblaze8855
04-04-2023, 12:12 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304042141460342.jpeg

Some feuds just don’t end.

Hey Yo
04-04-2023, 06:15 PM
"I'm the American Dweam, Duthty Rhodethh"

8Ball
04-04-2023, 07:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyl1KdqUkAApM38.jpg

Jordan should have never frozen Isiah Thomas out of the olympics.

Da_Realist
04-04-2023, 11:11 PM
This may go deeper than it seems. A YouTube commenter said, "MJ took over his city. Took his coach (golfed with Daly during Olympics). Took his teammates (Friendly with Dumars. Played with Rodman, Edwards and Salley)."

And there's a rumor that Juanita dated Isiah before marrying MJ. (Don't know how true that is, though).

1987_Lakers
04-04-2023, 11:17 PM

I've never seen this. :oldlol:

warriorfan
04-04-2023, 11:43 PM
This may go deeper than it seems. A YouTube commenter said, "MJ took over his city. Took his coach (golfed with Daly during Olympics). Took his teammates (Friendly with Dumars. Played with Rodman, Edwards and Salley)."

And there's a rumor that Juanita dated Isiah before marrying MJ. (Don't know how true that is, though).

cucked

Bawkish
04-05-2023, 01:44 AM

Now this is funny :lol

Axe
04-05-2023, 02:26 AM

:roll:

Lebron23
04-05-2023, 02:55 AM
"Michael Jordan vs. Isiah Thomas 1 on 1 on Pay Per View. Race to 21" Battle of the 60 years old aka Senior Citizen"

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 11:28 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2304062057410337.jpeg

tontoz
04-06-2023, 12:05 PM
In the 2nd round against the bulls that season Isiah shot 40% from the field, 17% from 3. Dat leadership doh :bowdown:

Pistons won easily in 5 thanks to their defense. The bulls averaged only 87.6 ppg.

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 12:07 PM
In the 2nd round against the bulls that season Isiah shot 40% from the field, 17% from 3. Dat leadership doh :bowdown:

Pistons won easily in 5 thanks to their defense. The bulls averaged only 87.6 ppg.

defense and depth

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 12:20 PM

He averaged 20/10 and took 6 3s the entire series. And I’m quite sure the entire team would acknowledge his leadership in everything they accomplished as well.

tontoz
04-06-2023, 01:10 PM
He averaged 20/10 and took 6 3s the entire series. And I’m quite sure the entire team would acknowledge his leadership in everything they accomplished as well.

Of course they talk about intangibles when the tangibles are weak. Isiah certainly wasn't known for his defense and his scoring efficiency was weak, so people defending him have to fall back on intangibles.

When talking about other great players the focus is on production.

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 01:50 PM
His tangibles are only weak to people who don’t want to talk about anything but division. You’re welcome to your manufactured 30 years later standards that absolutely nobody cared about at the time while his team was winning championships but you’re never going to make most of the people who existed at the time care.

You talk about the play of someone remembered as a real point guard and list nothing but shooting percentages(and one of them on 6 shots which is just being ridiculous). You throw out the 20/10 for a point who calls a tremendous number of plays to exploit matchups and ran an offense to get other people going and feed the post you’re not trying to make a real evaluation. You’re just trying to be a dick. You don’t have to like the guy, but posting three point percentage when he took six shots in the entire series and ignoring the play making of a point guard makes it clear you aren’t trying to be accurate or fair in your evaluation.

You play 42 minutes of tough playoff basketball and take 15 shots that 15 seconds does not determine what you did that day by including 7 seconds of made shots as opposed to 6. It just makes you shoot 47 percent instead of 40. Most of your basketball….is not accounted for.

The point guard here(Lowry) is playing basketball:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TameFlusteredGrouse-size_restricted.gif

Even if you’re unwilling to acknowledge it because it isn’t “tangible”. Whatever you call it…it’s the extreme vast majority of the game. Especially for a team running point guard. You don’t care(as you lean towards the unbelievably simplistic on such matters)…but it is.

tontoz
04-06-2023, 02:06 PM
I am sure the players on the Heat would consider Udonis Haslem a leader. I don't care.

20 ppg shooting 40% doesn't impress me, especially with teammate Dantley shooting 50% in the same series.

The people voting for All-NBA at the time certainly cared because his last All-NBA team was in '87. Dumars was All-NBA in '90, '91 and '93 in addition to being on the all defense team 5 times, 4 of those on the 1st team. Isiah's leadership wouldnt have meant squat without Dumars defending Jordan and Rodman defending Bird.

Kblaze8855
04-06-2023, 03:14 PM
Sure running up and down and putting up massive numbers having 19/16 months like he did when they were mediocre gets more accolades then calling for postups by Dantley and even role players like Edwards on a more balanced team trying to win rings. Isn’t the same as playing worse. But if after watching basketball as long as both of us have you still don’t recognize that a point guard and team leader isn’t necessarily his shooting percentage? There’s nothing more to say. A conversation likening a practice/behind the scenes captain to a guy you’re clowning for a 20 and 10 series he won isn’t worth any more words.

Go ahead and give me your endlessly repeated line about true shooting percentage and offensive rebounds and turnovers. I’ll read it again…continue to think the same thing every player and person in the game thinks(that it isn’t nearly that simple) and move along.

I have chicken and dumplings in the stove.

tontoz
04-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Sure running up and down and putting up massive numbers having 19/16 months like he did when they were mediocre gets more accolades then calling for postups by Dantley and even role players like Edwards on a more balanced team trying to win rings. Isn’t the same as playing worse. But if after watching basketball as long as both of us have you still don’t recognize that a point guard and team leader isn’t necessarily his shooting percentage? There’s nothing more to say. A conversation likening a practice/behind the scenes captain to a guy you’re clowning for a 20 and 10 series he won isn’t worth any more words.

Go ahead and give me your endlessly repeated line about true shooting percentage and offensive rebounds and turnovers. I’ll read it again…continue to think the same thing every player and person in the game thinks(that it isn’t nearly that simple) and move along.

I have chicken and dumplings in the stove.

Congrats on your dumplings but the reality is that team won with defense and depth. They had DPOY Rodman comming off the bench ffs along with Aquirre (24 ppg in Dallas), Vinnie, Salley. There arent many teams from the 80s/90s that i can name the bench players.

Making shots is a fundamental part of basketball and Isiah wasn't good at it. When the guy taking the most shots isnt good at shooting that is a problem no matter how much you try to deny it.

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 03:46 PM
Congrats on your dumplings but the reality is that team won with defense and depth. They had DPOY Rodman comming off the bench ffs along with Aquirre (24 ppg in Dallas), Vinnie, Salley. There arent many teams from the 80s/90s that i can name the bench players.

Making shots is a fundamental part of basketball and Isiah wasn't good at it. When the guy taking the most shots isnt good at shooting that is a problem no matter how much you try to deny it.

Rodman wasn't a dpoty or the year yet or rebounding leader. Great young energy guy. It was Thomas' team. I'm not his biggest fan either but he played big when it counted most

tontoz
04-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Rodman wasn't a dpoty or the year yet or rebounding leader. Great young energy guy. It was Thomas' team. I'm not his biggest fan either but he played big when it counted most

I am talking about their title years. Rodman won DPOY in '90.

That teams was winning big games when Isiah was shooting bricks because of their defense and depth. The game logs don't lie but people are trying to rewrite history.

In their first title run Isiah averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs shooting like crap. That is a fact. Dumars was the FMVP.

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 04:06 PM
I am talking about their title years. Rodman won DPOY in '90.

That teams was winning big games when Isiah was shooting bricks because of their defense and depth. The game logs don't lie but people are trying to rewrite history.

In their first title run Isiah averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs shooting like crap. That is a fact. Dumars was the FMVP.

probably the year he was playing on 1 leg

tontoz
04-06-2023, 04:12 PM
probably the year he was playing on 1 leg

Sure he played 97 games on one leg :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 04:12 PM
Sure he played 97 games on one leg :oldlol:

in the playoffs

Xiao Yao You
04-06-2023, 04:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysBBPJT6nJ8

memorable

tontoz
04-06-2023, 04:15 PM
in the playoffs

He played all 17 games, 37 minutes a game, on one leg? :facepalm

They only lost 2 playoff games on the way to a title with Isiah shooting bricks.

tontoz
04-06-2023, 04:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysBBPJT6nJ8

memorable

That was the previous year. Do you remember that Detroit almost won game 7 (they lost by only 3) with Isiah shooting 4-12?