PDA

View Full Version : The West Right Now Is the Weakest Conference We've Seen In Decades

Full Court
04-06-2023, 06:18 PM
It's astounding really. A conference full of underachievers, and weak teams with inflated records.

You have the top seed with a team that virtually nobody thinks is going to win the championship. Now that in and of itself doesn't say much - it could be a strong East. However, they're not even the favorites to win their own conference. A terrible defensive team with no depth. And they're top seed.

Then you have teams that were in the lottery a couple weeks ago who are fighting for sixth seed.

You have the Lakers, the most stacked team in the conference....and right now they're in the play-in bracket.

The Suns are the favorites to win the West as far as betting odds go, and they're not even a 50-win team.

The Mavs were considered to be a contender at the start of the season, and they're in the lottery.

The Warriors were also expected to be a contender, and they're fighting to stay out of the play-in bracket.

The only good team in the West that actually has a decent record is the Grizzlies. And very few people expect them to win the championship either.

Weakest conference in a long, long, long time.

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2023, 06:23 PM
Early candidate for dumbest thread of the year.

ArbitraryWater
04-06-2023, 06:24 PM
Probably one of the strongest years.

Never been so deep for sure.

1987_Lakers
04-06-2023, 06:24 PM
Weird thread. Op comes off as a 15 year old trying to write a college essay and failing miserably

You are saying some obvious things most of us already knew

Full Court
04-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Weird thread. Op comes off as a 15 year old trying to write a college essay and failing miserably

You are saying some obvious things most of us already knew

It makes for a discussion. You say it's obvious, but the poster right above you disagrees with it.

If you think this is like a college essay, then that tells me all I need to know about what kind of college you went to. :lol How's that online diploma working out for ya?

RRR3
04-06-2023, 06:57 PM
Durrrrrr me smart hhehehehehehe durrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrr gyuk ga DURRRR!
:yaohappy:

Full Court
04-06-2023, 08:04 PM
:yaohappy:

RRR3tard still fuming since I proved he doesn't know how to do basic math. :roll:

And here's the proof: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?510965-%93I-don%92t-know-how-you-deny-him-as-the-greatest-ever%94-Rick-Fox-on-LeBron&p=14753123#post14753123

ShawkFactory
04-06-2023, 11:12 PM
You can thank load management and injuries for that.

Manny98
04-07-2023, 04:20 AM
All the real contenders are out East tbh

ImKobe
04-07-2023, 04:28 AM
Post-ASB I feel like the WC overall is better than the East with KD moving to the Suns and with the Lakers re-tooling as well, pre-KD trade I felt like it was pretty balanced if both sides had similar injury luck but it's just been a bad year with injuries to big names mostly on the WC side.

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2023, 05:13 AM
Post-ASB I feel like the WC overall is better than the East with KD moving to the Suns and with the Lakers re-tooling as well, pre-KD trade I felt like it was pretty balanced if both sides had similar injury luck but it's just been a bad year with injuries to big names mostly on the WC side.
The East has 3 legit teams, everyone else is honestly a nonfactor, and I bet most people would probably consider Philly to be pretenders based on their stars/coaches playoff history. Meanwhile, the West has as much depth for a conference as I've seen. In addition to the Nuggets finally being healthy for a playoff run, the most talented team in the conference, and arguably the league, is going to be the 4th seed, while the Clippers/Warriors/Lakers will (likely) not even have homecourt for any series. That's not even mentioning the Luka/Kyrie Mavs might not even make the play-in :lol

So trying to claim this conference is worse than like the '02 East is fcking retarded.

Overdrive
04-07-2023, 05:27 AM
So weaker than the Lebron east you keep crying about all the time?

ImKobe
04-07-2023, 06:26 AM
The East has 3 legit teams, everyone else is honestly a nonfactor, and I bet most people would probably consider Philly to be pretenders based on their stars/coaches playoff history. Meanwhile, the West has as much depth for a conference as I've seen. In addition to the Nuggets finally being healthy for a playoff run, the most talented team in the conference, and arguably the league, is going to be the 4th seed, while the Clippers/Warriors/Lakers will (likely) not even have homecourt for any series. That's not even mentioning the Luka/Kyrie Mavs might not even make the play-in :lol

So trying to claim this conference is worse than like the '02 East is fcking retarded.

Yeah the Sixers are tied for the 3rd best record in the league but I wouldn't take them over the Clippers or Warriors or Lakers in a series and those teams are fighting to stay out of the Play-In. Cavs & Heat do have some upset potential but the EC is almost certainly going to be won by Milwaukee or Boston, barring injuries.

West has always had the edge on the top-end talent in the modern era and it seems like it's going to remain that way for a while. Right now you could make a case that 7 of the top 10 players in the league play out West and you usually need one of those to really contend for a championship.

Full Court
04-07-2023, 08:43 AM

Yep, even weaker than that.

No excuses, homie.

Nb1
04-07-2023, 08:54 AM
I don't know how anyone can say the Lakers are the most stacked team in the West? Half of the team hasn't even played 1 playoff game in their entire careers and the other half other than Bron has a losing playoff record and most are like 1-3 with almost no minutes in their whole careers. Davis without Bron was 5-9 in the playoffs. Pick any team in the West and they all have guys with much more experience and wins. The Warriors have like 4 guys with 100 playoff wins. The players on the Lakers team other than Bron/Davis have less playoff experience than even the Rockets players lol.

ImKobe
04-07-2023, 09:06 AM
I don't know how anyone can say the Lakers are the most stacked team in the West? Half of the team hasn't even played 1 playoff game in their careers and the other half other than Bron has a losing playoff record and most are like 1-3 in their whole playoff careers. Davis without Bron was 5-9 in the playoffs. The players on the team other than Bron have less playoff experience than even the Rockets players lol

You could argue that their starting 5 is the best in the West (their 5 when healthy has a +27 Net Rating with D'lo & Reaves in the back court, or +24 with Beasley in place of Reaves) and they have better depth than most teams. They have the #1 defense since making the Russ trade. They've won 14 of their last 21 and that's with Bran out for 12 of those games.

ShawkFactory
04-07-2023, 02:13 PM

No. This is obviously a damage control attempt. If the Lakers make it through it’s “Who cares, weakest conference ever!”. If they lose it’s “OMG Lebron couldn’t make it through the weakest conference ever!”.

Win/win for him.

bison
04-07-2023, 02:17 PM
The amount of parity in the west suggests its actually a bloodbath. OP isn't very smart.

Overdrive
04-07-2023, 04:04 PM
No. This is obviously a damage control attempt. If the Lakers make it through it’s “Who cares, weakest conference ever!”. If they lose it’s “OMG Lebron couldn’t make it through the weakest conference ever!”.

Win/win for him.

I know. We all know what this guy is all about.

Yep, even weaker than that.

No excuses, homie.

No excuses for what?

Full Court
04-07-2023, 04:30 PM

Win/win for him.

Spot on. :applause:

It is indeed a win/win. Not damage control though, because it's actually true.

RRR3
04-07-2023, 04:41 PM
I think everyone should just stop responding to Dull Court. It’s tempting to roast him because he’s astoundingly dumb but he never learns and it’s just the same stuff. I’ve been very guilty of encouraging him (even in this thread) but I’m gonna stop and hopefully he can just babble to himself and his buddy axe.

ShawkFactory
04-07-2023, 05:02 PM
Spot on. :applause:

It is indeed a win/win. Not damage control though, because it's actually true.

:roll:

Carry on.

bison
04-07-2023, 05:12 PM
I think everyone should just stop responding to Dull Court. It’s tempting to roast him because he’s astoundingly dumb but he never learns and it’s just the same stuff. I’ve been very guilty of encouraging him (even in this thread) but I’m gonna stop and hopefully he can just babble to himself and his buddy axe.

Is there a way we can create a new subforum and restrict Axe and Full Court's posting to it? i'm sure this can be done. a sort of ISH dungeon if you will. maybe call it "The jizzrag and merman show"

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2023, 05:37 PM
I think everyone should just stop responding to Dull Court.

couldn't quit me and he thinks he can quit Full Court? :roll:

MrFonzworth
04-07-2023, 07:48 PM

:lol

bison
04-07-2023, 07:51 PM

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
04-07-2023, 07:56 PM

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2023, 08:08 PM

RRR3
04-07-2023, 09:06 PM
What's ironic is he claimed he put me on ignore and is still apparently reading my posts. He also frequently says "can't quit me" following posts in which I am not even talking to him, which is quite deranged.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2023, 09:07 PM
can't quit me!:facepalm

good luck with Full Court!

NBAGOAT
04-07-2023, 11:21 PM
load management and more injuries makes win totals not as relevant as they used to be. Yea a lot of teams underachieved this year too but injuries were a part of that

hold this L
04-08-2023, 02:36 AM

Win/win for him.

That is incredibly pathetic if true.

Nb1
04-08-2023, 05:58 AM
You could argue that their starting 5 is the best in the West (their 5 when healthy has a +27 Net Rating with D'lo & Reaves in the back court, or +24 with Beasley in place of Reaves) and they have better depth than most teams. They have the #1 defense since making the Russ trade. They've won 14 of their last 21 and that's with Bran out for 12 of those games.

I really like how D'Lo and Reeves are playing, great addition for D'Lo, but he has a playoff record of 3-8 and Reeves has never even seen the playoffs. How can you say their starting 5 (when healthy) are the best when 3 out of 2 staters have barely even seen the playoffs and haven't won anything, same for the rest of the roster? Look at the Warriors, they have like 10 guys with rings and many with over 100 playoff games with many wins and accomplishments.

You can't say the Lakers have the best starting 5 (or team) in the West when you have a team like the Warriors where 1 player has done more than the whole Lakers cast combined (other than Bron ofc) and they have like 5 of them and other 5 who were there already with them helping them winning the ring.

Manny98
04-08-2023, 11:02 AM

ShawkFactory
04-08-2023, 11:06 AM
That is incredibly pathetic if true.

Of course it’s true. It’s the same as calling the Lakers the most stacked team in the league. If they win it’s because they’re supposed to, if they don’t it’s because of Lebron.

Full Court
04-08-2023, 05:39 PM

Full Court
04-08-2023, 05:41 PM
Of course it’s true. It’s the same as calling the Lakers the most stacked team in the league. If they win it’s because they’re supposed to, if they don’t it’s because of Lebron.

Yes, they should be winning the West. They ARE supposed to. Now if they don't, I'll save my analysis for after it happens, but the most probable reasons for them not winning would be AD getting injured or LeNetNegative dragging them down.

ShawkFactory
04-08-2023, 05:52 PM
Yes, they should be winning the West. They ARE supposed to. Now if they don't, I'll save my analysis for after it happens, but the most probable reasons for them not winning would be AD getting injured or LeNetNegative dragging them down.

So if Lebron went down right now you’d still think the Lakers should win the West, right?

Full Court
04-08-2023, 06:22 PM
So if Lebron went down right now you’d still think the Lakers should win the West, right?

Absolutely. I'd give them a better chance of it. You've seen the Lakers play without him, right? And have you not seen that they actually play a lot better?

ShawkFactory
04-08-2023, 06:39 PM
Absolutely. I'd give them a better chance of it. You've seen the Lakers play without him, right? And have you not seen that they actually play a lot better?

You lie.

Full Court
04-08-2023, 07:19 PM

You lie.

You should go back and look at my analyses. I've gotten a few predictions wrong, but most of the time I'm spot on.

Case in point: During the preseason I was saying the Lakers were a stacked team while everyone else was saying it a team full of scrubs.

Now fast forward to the end of the regular season, the Lakers have the 4th best betting odds in the West to win the finals - tied with Memphis. "Scrubs"....:roll:

SouBeachTalents
04-08-2023, 07:28 PM
You should go back and look at my analyses. I've gotten a few predictions wrong, but most of the time I'm spot on.

Case in point: During the preseason I was saying the Lakers were a stacked team while everyone else was saying it a team full of scrubs.

Now fast forward to the end of the regular season, the Lakers have the 4th best betting odds in the West to win the finals - tied with Memphis. "Scrubs"....:roll:
The Lakers were a completely different team in the preseason, and considering they struggled all year until the trade deadline, your analysis was actually dogshit :lol

ShawkFactory
04-08-2023, 07:47 PM

Well that’s certainly a generous term :lol

bison
04-08-2023, 08:41 PM
Well that’s certainly a generous term :lol

Full Court
04-08-2023, 10:12 PM
The Lakers were a completely different team in the preseason, and considering they struggled all year until the trade deadline, your analysis was actually dogshit :lol

You mean they struggled all year until Bronie decided to sit out for 6 weeks. Then they started flourishing.

SouBeachTalents
04-08-2023, 10:32 PM
You mean they struggled all year until Bronie decided to sit out for 6 weeks. Then they started flourishing.
No, I mean they struggled until they overhauled their roster. Since then they're 8-2 with LeBron, 8-5 without, with 6 of those 8 wins coming by double digits. So looks they're a lot better with him.

kawhileonard2
04-09-2023, 12:28 AM

Huh???

warriorfan
04-09-2023, 12:44 AM

can't quit me!:facepalm

good luck with Full Court!

:lol :roll:

Full Court
04-09-2023, 09:49 AM

If there ever was a fitting place for this emoji, it's here:

:biggums:

Xiao Yao You
04-09-2023, 10:49 AM
Minnesota Timberwolves PR: Minnesota @Timberwolves Status Report in advance of today’s game vs. New Orleans: QUESTIONABLE Gobert – Back Spasms Nowell – Left Knee Tendinopathy Rivers – Illness Towns – Right Calf Strain (http://twitter.com/Twolves_PR/status/1645058181645713411) OUT Reid – Left Scaphoid Fracture Ryan – Two-Way Contract
– via Twitter Twolves_PR (https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR)

Xiao Yao You
04-09-2023, 03:07 PM
Jon Krawczynski: Chris Finch said Rudy Gobert (back spasms) will go through his pregame routine before they decide on his availability (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter JonKrawczynski (https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski)

Full Court
04-09-2023, 06:09 PM
Jon Krawczynski: Chris Finch said Rudy Gobert (back spasms) will go through his pregame routine before they decide on his availability (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter JonKrawczynski (https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski)

Man, your boy was out there throwing hands.

kawhileonard2
04-09-2023, 08:48 PM
If there ever was a fitting place for this emoji, it's here:

:biggums:

This

Johnny32
04-09-2023, 09:45 PM
let's test this lil theory.

if lebron leads lal to the finals this season his potential opponents could be...ja morant in rd 1, steph curry in rd 2, and kd in rd 3.

vs

mj's eastern conference competition in 98. ...sherman douglas in rd 1, glen rice in rd 2, reggie miller in rd 3.

Full Court
04-09-2023, 09:49 PM

if lebron leads lal to the finals this season his potential opponents could be...ja morant in rd 1, steph curry in rd 2, and kd in rd 3.

vs

mj's eastern conference competition in 98. ...sherman douglas in rd 1, glen rice in rd 2, reggie miller in rd 3.

Your little theory is dumb.

Bulls were top seed in '98, playing the worst playoff team in the division in the first round.

LeShrivel couldn't get his super team past the play-in, so the Lakers get one of the top two teams in the division first round.

You weren't able to figure that out on your own, were you?

Johnny32
04-09-2023, 09:51 PM
Your little theory is dumb.

Bulls were top seed in '98, playing the worst playoff team in the division in the first round.

LeShrivel couldn't get his super team past the play-in, so the Lakers get one of the top two teams in the division first round.

You weren't able to figure that out on your own, were you?

if jokic leads den to the finals this season his potential opponents could be...lebron and ad in rd 1, kd and booker in rd 2, and curry and klay in rd 3.

vs

your topic is trash, fatboy.

kawhileonard2
04-09-2023, 09:54 PM

vs

Anthony Davis leads team in PER, WS, WS/PER 48 minutes, Box Plus Minus, VORP. In what way is Lebron leading them again?

Full Court
04-10-2023, 09:35 AM
Anthony Davis leads team in PER, WS, WS/PER 48 minutes, Box Plus Minus, VORP. In what way is Lebron leading them again?

He led them to the lottery last year and to the play-in this year. :lol

Hey Yo
04-10-2023, 09:55 AM
He led them to the lottery last year and to the play-in this year. :lol

Yes, your boy AD did. You said it was his team numerous of times.