PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie is the ultimate ceiling raiser,

90sgoat
04-07-2023, 09:48 AM
Kyrie is the ultimate ceiling raiser, but barely does anything to raise the floor.

If you want to win a ring with a second star, there would be few better.

There are few ever who is as clutch a scorer as Kyrie, against any kind of defense, in any situation. Peak Durant is the only other current player who you can count on to just make the shots in the spotlight. Kawhi as well. The others can't do it.

Axe
04-07-2023, 09:52 AM
The last time kyrie actually got to the conference finals with him playing at least was six years ago...

Jasper
04-07-2023, 10:12 AM
Kyrie dumbing Bron , moving away to Boston , and oups Nets proves he could never lead a team.

But mentally he is a follower... so he is 2nd option or 3rd option at best.
I suspect as I did when trade to Mavs occurred , he will be on the move again this summer to the Suns.

90sgoat
04-07-2023, 10:25 AM
Kyrie dumbing Bron , moving away to Boston , and oups Nets proves he could never lead a team.

But mentally he is a follower... so he is 2nd option or 3rd option at best.
I suspect as I did when trade to Mavs occurred , he will be on the move again this summer to the Suns.

Durant and Kyrie part two? It could work, but I'd be careful to mess with chemistry there. It won't work if CP3 is still there, but maybe they can do a sign and trade so CP3 goes to Mavs.

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2023, 12:39 PM
He sure raised the ceiling in Boston. And Brooklyn. And currently in Dallas. And Cleveland before LeBron got there.

jlip
04-07-2023, 12:55 PM
No. He is not.

Real Men Wear Green
04-07-2023, 01:03 PM
Durant is under contract for the rest of his prime. Phoenix doesn't have to blow their team up to create cap space for Irving to make Durant happy. Unless they promised KD that to get him to come there, forget it. If Paul is too old invest that money elsewhere.

8Ball
04-07-2023, 04:28 PM
Was*

After 2017 finals it has been all downhill for his teams.

And1AllDay
04-08-2023, 12:54 AM
op is a dumb cvnt :oldlol:

moongaze
04-08-2023, 07:54 AM
I disagree. I used to be one of this biggest supporters but I feel like if you put any of Lillard, curry or any great/good guard from that era on those big 3 cavs teams they would have done the same and even more as you can argue they wouldnt have missed the first finals like injury prone kyrie did. I'm not sure it would have been that hard for them to look great playing with the cavs against the domination Lebron had over the east back then.

He's also had a bad history as second star outside of Lebron. He couldn't make playoffs with Luka and got swept in the first round with Durant and missed a series with injury. He's not been there twice for his team due to breaking down during a series and had flamed out twice recently .

beau_boy04
04-08-2023, 10:59 AM
Kyrie sucks! only success he has had in his career is with Lebron James.

He joined the Boston, cause he wanted to do his thing and the best player of the team and prove he could do it w/o Lebron. He felt flat and ran away from the challenge when he realized he couldn't do jack sh*t!

Then he galvanized KD into joining Brooklyn, and kyrie being kyrie he jeopardized the whole franchise on his own. and once again ran away from the challenge in multiple occasions. Brooklyn is in much better shape now w/o him.

Now in Dallas, he just plainly sucks. Doesn't play defense (but thats not something new), have no leadership skills and/or motor to elevate his teammates confidence.

Kyrie at best is a 3rd option in a championship contender team.

imdaman99
04-08-2023, 01:34 PM
To be fair, he was up 2-0 on the Bucks with convincing wins and got hurt. Do I think they beat the Bucks WITH him? Yeah, definitely, Nets had a chance to go up 3-0 on them without him... with bruce brown pulling some dumb move at the end of the game. Do they win the chip that year?

90sgoat
04-08-2023, 06:37 PM
op is a dumb cvnt :oldlol:

I'm the smartest mofo in the room mofukker

ShawkFactory
04-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Pretty perfect way to describe him. If he's the best player on your team you're not doing anything but if he's the second then you're golden. Unless you have a team with KD, Curry, Klay, Dray and great depth of role players doing everything right in front of you.

But at the same time if you're the #1 and Kyrie is the #2 you have to be the right top guy. Bron and Kyrie's games went together perfectly. Kyrie could focus on what he does best and Bron could clean up everything else.