PDA

View Full Version : NBA To Investigate the Mavericks for Tanking

Full Court
04-09-2023, 09:41 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-to-investigate-whether-mavericks-rested-players-against-bulls-to-tank-for-better-draft-pick-193542268.html

Good for the NBA. This crap is pathetic.

What the article doesn't mention though, is what happens if the NBA determines that the Mavs were doing illegal tanking. It would be poetic justice if they lost their draft pick after all this...

highwhey
04-09-2023, 09:59 AM
league is just saving face, they won't actually do shit. they just wanted to create a headline to combat j. kidd's own headline. no one will remember come playoffs which are around the corner. you won't remember ether. no one will, it will go away.

Real Men Wear Green
04-09-2023, 10:00 AM
I have no sympathy for them but it's worth noting that multiple teams tank every year and everyone knows it. The Mavs real sin was being so obvious.

highwhey
04-09-2023, 10:13 AM
adding to my other comment, NBA should investigate itself for rescinding luka's recent tech that would put him a game out. preferential treatment is why. the league would never adress that though.

ImKobe
04-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Will the league really do anything about it though? Are they going to take picks away from every team that has sat out their starters at the end of the season in order to improve their lottery odds? J.Kidd implied it and it was clear as day that they tanked if you know how the game went but it's not like they're the only team that's ever done it, and it's not like they were a lock to make the Play-In with a W & tanked the last game of the season.

Hey Yo
04-09-2023, 10:31 AM
I have no sympathy for them but it's worth noting that multiple teams tank every year and everyone knows it. The Mavs real sin was being so obvious.

Except that not all teams who tank start doing it the last few games of season while on the cusp of making the playoffs.

Subtle difference...

ArbitraryWater
04-09-2023, 10:34 AM
Hopefully they take their pick away

ArbitraryWater
04-09-2023, 10:34 AM
Except that not all teams who tank start doing it the last few games of season while on the cusp of making the playoffs.

Subtle difference...

the guy is as thick as they come
just read his comments in this one: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?511022-This-Mavericks-tank-has-to-be-the-most-bizarre-tank-ever

Real Men Wear Green
04-09-2023, 10:40 AM

Subtle difference...

So? Tanking is tanking. If we really care about fairness then all teams that tank should be punished not just the one team that decided to do it at the end.

Real Men Wear Green
04-09-2023, 10:41 AM
the guy is as thick as they come
just read his comments in this one: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?511022-This-Mavericks-tank-has-to-be-the-most-bizarre-tank-ever
What did I wrote that wasn't true? Go idiot at someone else please.

ArbitraryWater
04-09-2023, 10:43 AM
What did I wrote that wasn't true? Go idiot at someone else please.

just a bunch of stupidity that reasonated with the decision to tank

Real Men Wear Green
04-09-2023, 10:45 AM
just a bunch of stupidity that reasonated with the decision to tank

Oh I see: you're upset because I'm always calling you stupid. My apologies, dumbass.

baudkarma
04-09-2023, 11:26 AM
I doubt the Mavs will lose a draft pick. Probably just a fine, which Cuban will pay with his lunch money.

L.Kizzle
04-09-2023, 11:33 AM
Will the league really do anything about it though? Are they going to take picks away from every team that has sat out their starters at the end of the season in order to improve their lottery odds? J.Kidd implied it and it was clear as day that they tanked if you know how the game went but it's not like they're the only team that's ever done it, and it's not like they were a lock to make the Play-In with a W & tanked the last game of the season.
It's different sitting when you have a playoff seed locked up or you're totally out it.
When they still had a shot at the play-in and sit half the team, it raises eyebrows.
Portland set Dame once they realized they were out of reach.
I think Dallas one the game before to keep hope alive with everyone playing, next game they're all out ...

FKAri
04-09-2023, 03:43 PM
I think this is why they're so adamant on doing a mid season tournament. They realize how little teams value the regular season if it means no deep title run. Why do it when you could guarantee a lottery picky? It's a terrible product for the fans but it's understandable why teams do it.