PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving skipped his Maverick exit interview.

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2023, 11:58 AM
I don't think that was wise but Irving had always confused me. If you're Dallas do you still offer him the max/who thinks that that was a good idea? I only understand it if he knows the Lakers or some other team is giving him the max. If he wants to be a maverick it would be downright insane so he is probably done there...but I wouldn't have thought he had a lot of options just a few. And if LA keeps Russell?

We will see.

RRR3
04-10-2023, 12:03 PM
Another franchise destroyed.

Axe
04-10-2023, 12:05 PM
@ImKobe

highwhey
04-10-2023, 12:16 PM
@fatty98

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2023, 12:19 PM
Another franchise destroyed.

In this case it is more like a franchise suicide.

jayfan
04-10-2023, 12:20 PM
I don't think that was wise but Irving had always confused me. If you're Dallas do you still offer him the max/who thinks that that was a good idea? I only understand it if he knows the Lakers or some other team is giving him the max. If he wants to be a maverick it would be downright insane so he is probably done there...but I wouldn't have thought he had a lot of options just a few. And if LA keeps Russell?

We will see.

Doesn't confuse me. I don't think he wants to be in Dallas. Playing '2nd fiddle' to his boy (Durant), while still running the clubhouse is one thing. Playing 2nd fiddle, period, with no juice, is another. He's not for that.

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2023, 12:37 PM
Doesn't confuse me. I don't think he wants to be in Dallas. Playing '2nd fiddle' to his boy (Durant), while still running the clubhouse is one thing. Playing 2nd fiddle, period, with no juice, is another. He's not for that.

Very reasonable explanation l just see it as bad business to kill the option. If he only had one team making an offer it could lead to him getting less than if that team had to outbid someone. This could all be moot with James or Durant already having a deal ready for him but if he doesn't have an assurance this is a bad move.

And less importantly it is unnecessarily disrespectful. Dallas organization makes dumb decisions but seeing as he is one of those dumb decisions he should not hold that against them and instead shake hands and show some class about things even if he doesn't want to be there.

Xiao Yao You
04-10-2023, 12:54 PM

lucky if anyone wants him

Manny98
04-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Not a big deal, Dallas will still offer him the max which he deserves

RRR3
04-10-2023, 01:04 PM
@hitlerfan98
Fixed

ShawkFactory
04-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Not a big deal, Dallas will still offer him the max which he deserves

Why?

iamgine
04-10-2023, 01:06 PM
Kyrie seems to not be motivated by money that much.

Also, I'd think Cuban and Kyrie already have a handshake deal.

Xiao Yao You
04-10-2023, 01:12 PM
Why?

because Manny is an idiot as is whoever pays the cancer next

HoopologyPhD
04-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Anyone that thinks exits interviews are important need to start living their lives

Manny98
04-10-2023, 01:33 PM
Why?

Because Luka wants him and they have no other choice, if they don't get another star, Luka would likely demand a trade

He's a quality talent and has been nothing but a class act since coming to Dallas

Xiao Yao You
04-10-2023, 01:35 PM
Because Luka wants him and they have no other choice, if they don't get another star, Luka would likely demand a trade

He's a quality talent and has been nothing but a class act since coming to Dallas

a class act for two months with an expiring contract :lol

Xiao Yao You
04-10-2023, 01:36 PM
There is the reality, too, that Doncic has a contract that will pay him $215 million over five years, and gives him very little leverage in seeking a trade from Dallas. “The Mavericks are not going there, and everyone knows it,” a Western Conference executive told Heavy. “There is just no way. The only way he can force a trade is to sit out like Ben Simmons did and anyone who knows anything about Luka knows he is not going to do that. (https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/execs-sound-off-on-mavs-luka-doncic-future-gotta-get-their-sh-together/) There’s just no way.

– via Sean Deveney @ Heavy.com (https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/execs-sound-off-on-mavs-luka-doncic-future-gotta-get-their-sh-together/)

he's not going anywhere

Real Men Wear Green
04-10-2023, 01:47 PM
Anyone that thinks exits interviews are important need to start living their lives

If teams thought they didn't matter they wouldn't have them. If Irving cares what Dallas thinks of him (and he may not) he shows up to the interview and makes them feel good about the idea of handing him 200 million dollars.

ImKobe
04-10-2023, 03:04 PM
Irving is a Free Agent and doesn't owe shit to anyone.

ShawkFactory
04-10-2023, 03:06 PM

No one is saying he does.

However, this doesn't help anyone argue that he isn't somewhat of an enigma and a risk.

Phoenix
04-10-2023, 03:16 PM

As a free agent, literally no-one owes him shit either.

BallsOut
04-10-2023, 03:16 PM
Maybe he doesn’t plan on exiting the Mavs. Why go to an exit interview if you’re staying?

:lebronamazed:

90sgoat
04-10-2023, 03:46 PM

This, what even is an exit interview? Sounds like bs human resource idiocy.

ImKobe
04-10-2023, 03:51 PM
As a free agent, literally no-one owes him shit either.

Sure, so he's most likely staying in Dallas anyway, or they S&T him to the Lakers. Idk why people are out here calling him a franchise killer for skipping an exit interview.

Kblaze8855
04-10-2023, 03:54 PM
They aren’t gonna just let him walk without a max offer while reports are out they worry Luka will demand a trade. They already lost a star guard for nothing. They’re unlikely to want to have him see it happen back to back.

Overdrive
04-10-2023, 04:05 PM
Tough place for the Mavs. Kyrie doesn't work out for any team, but they let him walk and Luka might be gone.
S/T might be the best option, but which team would give up star power for Kyrie?

Axe
04-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Cuban is doomed.

Phoenix
04-10-2023, 04:36 PM
If Kyrie alone swallows their entire FA money, I'm not sure how this team is any better next year than what we saw the 2nd half of this year, and then Luka requests a trade anyway. They are still woefully lacking defensively and resigning Kyrie obviously doesn't address that. If they're going to resign him IMO it should be part of a sign and trade that lands them a few 3nD guys in return, maybe a multi-team trade. I remain unconvinced that these two pair well together even if the team around them was better defensively. To think they could have resigned Brunson last year for much less than Kyrie and run it back, then see what they could have gotten this year to push them further.

Jasper
04-10-2023, 08:08 PM
kidd said in an interview if Irving is in next years plans.... Kidd's comment (I don't write the checks, but I assume he is in our plans)

You never assume anything with mental Irving.

*He probably is a 50/50 shot to be a sun .

DMAVS41
04-10-2023, 09:42 PM
he's not going anywhere

He's not going anywhere for at least a year or year and a half...but he could demand a trade half way through the 25 season and I don't see how the Mavs could refuse. He has 3 years left on his deal.

So, no reason to even talk about it for this next season, but that is just a distraction. The real debate is what happens right before the trade deadline of the 2025 season. That is when Luka could be traded if he demanded out and that is when you'd still get close to a max package for him given he would be for sure on the new team for two playoff runs.

I have no idea if Luka would demand a trade, but he's been given quite poor overall rosters to work with and the Mavs blew up a really solid group by ****ing up the Brunson situation and trading DFS.

When you have a player as great as Luka, anything is possible, but this roster seems far away from title contention and I doubt Luka wants to spend his peak years barely making the playoffs.

HoopologyPhD
04-11-2023, 08:37 AM
This, what even is an exit interview? Sounds like bs human resource idiocy.

Thank you , exit interviews performance evaluations etc. are just something these corporate carbon copy drones do because they have no creativity or imagination.

Johnny32
04-11-2023, 08:41 AM
yeah this just means he doesn't want to answer dumb questions/traps from the media. he's getting a max from someone...hopefully lal via s&t russell.

Wally450
04-11-2023, 09:34 AM
I want to know what Dallas is going to offer Kyrie.

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2023, 10:17 AM
I want to know what Dallas is going to offer Kyrie.

whatever it is it's too much

WhiteKyrie
04-11-2023, 01:14 PM
whatever it is it's too much

Says the guy who Stans a dude who throws punches at his teammate mid game in the huddle over words

:oldlol:

Kyrie >>> Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity Frenchman

27/5/6 >>> 13/11/1

Rudy plays with way more talent. Dallas not making the playoffs has absolutely nothing to do with Kyrie.

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Says the guy who Stans a dude who throws punches at his teammate mid game in the huddle over words

:oldlol:

Kyrie >>> Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity Frenchman

27/5/6 >>> 13/11/1

Rudy plays with way more talent. Dallas not making the playoffs has absolutely nothing to do with Kyrie.

Gobert has carried bad teams. Kyrie has ruined great teams. It's not even a discussion really :facepalm

WhiteKyrie
04-11-2023, 01:25 PM
Gobert has carried bad teams. Kyrie has ruined great teams. It's not even a discussion really :facepalm

What “great team” was ruined? :oldlol:

He has won a ring putting up superstar caliber numbers. Hitting Cleveland’s biggest shot in franchise history, winning them a ring.

Rudy Fresh and Fruity hasn’t done shit, and can’t do shit with a talented Timberwolf club.

Dallas issues had nothing to do with him.

Nets issues had nothing to do with him. He was either injured or forced to sit out games due to communism and socio-political agenda pushing.

It’s a false narrative to anyone with a critical thinking brain. Is he mercurial and a bit weird? Yes. But hardly cancerous. My homie and HS teammate works for the Mavs. Hated Kyrie. Said he’s the quietest and most respectful soft spoken guy in the entire locker room.

Boston self imploded in 2019 due to egos. Namely Jaylen Brown and his issues with Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum and Kyrie being lead dog.

If he didn’t get injured Kyrie would’ve had a green rookie Boston team in the Finals in 2018, and would’ve put up a better fight against the Warriors than the Cavs.

Kyrie > Goebert by miles. And it isn’t even close.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2023, 01:26 PM
I'd honestly take Toody over Kyrie.

Both are massively overpaid but Kyrie is genuinely such an obvious inarguable cancer.

He's the epitome of a casual fans favorite player despite adding zero winning intangibles.

He's my least favorite player ever. Hate everything about him.

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2023, 01:30 PM
What “great team” was ruined? :oldlol:

He has won a ring putting up superstar caliber numbers. Hitting Cleveland’s biggest shot in franchise history, winning them a ring.

Rudy Fresh and Fruity hasn’t done shit, and can’t do shit with a talented Timberwolf club.

Dallas issues had nothing to do with him.

Nets issues had nothing to do with him. He was either injured or forced to sit out games due to communism and socio-political agenda pushing.

It’s a false narrative to anyone with a critical thinking brain. Is he mercurial and a bit weird? Yes. But hardly cancerous. My homie and HS teammate works for the Mavs. Hated Kyrie. Said he’s the quietest and most respectful soft spoken guy in the entire locker room.

Boston self imploded in 2019 due to egos. Namely Jaylen Brown and his issues with Gordon Hayward and Jayson Tatum and Kyrie being lead dog.

If he didn’t get injured Kyrie would’ve had a green rookie Boston team in the Finals in 2018, and would’ve put up a better fight against the Warriors than the Cavs.

Kyrie > Goebert by miles. And it isn’t even close.

what has he done since winning a ring? Been nothing but but the biggest headcase/cancer/loser in the league. Nets have been the favorite since he and Durant went there and what do they have to show for it?

I would never want Kyrie on my team at any price. Give me a guy that does whatever to help his team at both ends of the floor any time

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Four-time NBA All-Star DeMarcus Cousins is signing with the Guaynabo Mets of the Puerto Rican Professional Basketball League, (https://*********.com/social/) sources tell ESPN. Cousins, 32, will play this spring there to continue to try and find a pathway back to the NBA.

– via Twitter wojespn (https://twitter.com/wojespn)

speaking of overrated cancer/headcases/ losers. There's probably a place for you in Puerto Rico anyway Kyrie. I imagine going to birthday parties instead of playing basketball will be ok too!

WhiteKyrie
04-11-2023, 01:47 PM

Both are massively overpaid but Kyrie is genuinely such an obvious inarguable cancer.

He's the epitome of a casual fans favorite player despite adding zero winning intangibles.

Well yeah, youÂ’re a Bronvestite.

And you’re salty that Kyrie hit Cleveland’s biggest shot ever to help him when his championship “for Cleveland”, and did so by putting up clear-cut superstar numbers, and then bailed on LeBron telling him to go eff himself a year early when he caught wind that LeBron’s backstabbing cowardly ass was trying to have him traded to Indiana.

Effectively ruining LeBronÂ’s chances to actually win in the 2018 season.

So of course you have an agenda pushing to under value Kyrie. YouÂ’re a moron.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2023, 01:56 PM

And you’re salty that Kyrie hit Cleveland’s biggest shot ever to help him when his championship “for Cleveland”, and did so by putting up clear-cut superstar numbers, and then bailed on LeBron telling him to go eff himself a year early when he caught wind that LeBron’s backstabbing cowardly ass was trying to have him traded to Indiana.

You telling me I have an agenda while throwing a temper tantrum about LeBron is amusing.

He's failed miserably every year without LeBron while being literally the biggest nutcase/cancer in sports the last 5 years. Has ruined several teams. He's the equivalent of MJ as a GM but did it on 3 different teams.

Pretty hilarious how it was a forgone conclusion for Mavs to make playoffs before Kyrie trade, now you're acting like they never had a chance to begin with. Unprecedented levels of cancer.

Manny98
04-11-2023, 03:15 PM

Depends on the team

Timberwolves would be better with Kyrie on there instead of Rudy

Xiao Yao You
04-11-2023, 03:17 PM
Depends on the team

Timberwolves would be better with Kyrie on there instead of Rudy

No they wouldn't. They've had enough issues without that cancerous POS. Conley is better

Overdrive
04-11-2023, 03:31 PM

I don't like Lebron, so no agenda here:

Kyrie is a massively talented player, he was a great fit for Lebron, but he's been a problem for any team he's been on since 2017.

90sgoat
04-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Thank you , exit interviews performance evaluations etc. are just something these corporate carbon copy drones do because they have no creativity or imagination.

Well, it's probably common in larger businesses, but this is a ballclub not an accounting firm.

BallsOut
04-30-2023, 06:55 PM
Irving didn’t skip the Lakers Grizzlies elimination game though. Hmmm…