PDA

View Full Version : The Grizzlies opened as a -120 favorite to beat the Lakers in the 1st round

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 01:26 AM
https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-playoffs-odds-lakers-grizzlies-win-series-spreads-lines

LeBron has already overachieved considering what he and the Lakers have overcome, from injuries, idiotic coach, Westbrook, & the 2-10 start.

Any success that happens in the playoffs is just a blessing.

RRR3
04-12-2023, 01:27 AM
LeBron is 38 anyone expecting him to do anything is admitting they think he's still elite because if he was washed up why would you care what he did :lol

Nike D'Antoni
04-12-2023, 01:30 AM
LeBron is 38 anyone expecting him to do anything is admitting they think he's still elite because if he was washed up why would you care what he did :lol

He is Lebron

Axe
04-12-2023, 02:09 AM
Won over 40 games while being close to 40. Even a similarly-aged kobe never saw that happen in his career bt.

iamgine
04-12-2023, 02:59 AM

2 things can be correct at once.

Yes Lebron is washed up.

Yes washed up version of Lebron is still very elite. 3rd team All-NBA level with multiple championships experience.

Also, AD is the best sidekick/1B in the league.

It's not gonna be easy for Memphis.

Overdrive
04-12-2023, 03:58 AM

The Lebron haters will never admit that he's that good and of course they raise expectations to put him down when he doesn't meet them. Par of the course.

The Lebron stans will not admit that he is highly dependent on team output for years now and still act like all positive the Lakers do is solely based on him.

The reality is somewhere inbetween. Lebron is still good, but not good enough to carry the team by himself.
The team is well constructed post trade, but injuries kept them from forming enough chemistry to overcome bad stretches by Lebron or AD so far.

If the Lakers had that team from the start and were less injury riddled they'd probably be a top 4 seed and have a better shot at making some noise.

RRR3
04-12-2023, 04:18 AM
The Lebron haters will never admit that he's that good and of course they raise expectations to put him down when he doesn't meet them. Par of the course.

The Lebron stans will not admit that he is highly dependent on team output for years now and still act like all positive the Lakers do is solely based on him.

The reality is somewhere inbetween. Lebron is still good, but not good enough to carry the team by himself.
The team is well constructed post trade, but injuries kept them from forming enough chemistry to overcome bad stretches by Lebron or AD so far.

If the Lakers had that team from the start and were less injury riddled they'd probably be a top 4 seed and have a better shot at making some noise.
Yeah don’t think he’s had the same gear he used to have since he came to the Lakers. Still very capable of winning a ring with the right roster and coach though. Think this is a pretty solid roster around him but the coaching is poor.

Nb1
04-12-2023, 05:32 AM
I’m not liking what i’m seeing lately. Ofc its 1000 times better then with the mediocre roster and WB, but Davis has to be fed more. Specially vs Memphis where they’re missing Adams, Lebron and D’Lo have to feed Davis all the time, Jackson shouldn’t be able to stop him. I swear i’ll stop watching if i see AD taking 8 shots again when the opponents weakest point is in the C position…

Full Court
04-12-2023, 06:45 AM
Only to a Bronie fluffer is leading a super team to the play in "overachievement."

:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
04-12-2023, 06:58 AM
James didn't go to LA to win the play in. His goal is championships. I will say that if they beat Memphis that's an upset but that's not his true goal.

ImKobe
04-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Only to a Bronie fluffer is leading a super team to the play in "overachievement."

AD was the best player on the team so idk how Bran's the one even leading it. Lakers had a winning record without him after the trade and the best RS record post-ASB in the Western Conference.

Bran stans are already hedging now that he's actually in the POs. Remember that they thought the Lakers could lose to Portland in the first round in 2020 because Avery Bradley wasn't with the team lmao.

Xiao Yao You
04-12-2023, 11:52 AM
Go Memphis!

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 11:53 AM
AD was the best player on the team so idk how Bran's the one even leading it. Lakers had a winning record without him after the trade and the best RS record post-ASB in the Western Conference.

Bran stans are already hedging now that he's actually in the POs. Remember that they thought the Lakers could lose to Portland in the first round in 2020 because Avery Bradley wasn't with the team lmao.

This isn't just Bran stans. The haters hedging with "team is stacked" stuff.

But your first sentence is correct. It doesn't make sense that Lebron can both be leading a team somewhere while also be carried by someone. But here we are.

Wally450
04-12-2023, 11:57 AM

You have a very loose definition of super team.

Hey Yo
04-12-2023, 11:59 AM

But your first sentence is correct. It doesn't make sense that Lebron can both be leading a team somewhere while also be carried by someone. But here we are.

Full Cuck's a walking contradiction.

HoopologyPhD
04-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Grizzlies are the worst team in the playoffs IMO at this point in the year. Their best player is too dumb to tie his own shoes and with Adams out they are easily the softests team in the league (sorry Dillon).

Lakers in 5

Nb1
04-12-2023, 03:10 PM
Grizzlies are the worst team in the playoffs IMO at this point in the year. Their best player is too dumb to tie his own shoes and with Adams out they are easily the softests team in the league (sorry Dillon).

Lakers in 5

Well, till the last game of the season they had the best record since the all-star game if i'm correct, so they can't be doing that bad... But with Adams out, a team like the Lakers having a C like AD, he should go off for 50 each game with ease having no opposition in front, because i'm sorry but if you can't get easily past Jackson you should just retire...

Axe
04-12-2023, 04:13 PM

Lakers in 5
What's worse, morant is an unhinged creep. You can never know what this fool will do next.

Manny98
04-12-2023, 04:23 PM
Grizzlies are missing Adams & Clarks

AD and LeBron are both better than anyone on the Grizzlies roster

No excuses, Lakers should win easily

Real Men Wear Green
04-12-2023, 04:26 PM
Morant is bad of the court but on the court he can put the ball in the hole. Expect him to give the Lakers problems, not sure which Lakers other the Shroeder can guard him.

ImKobe
04-12-2023, 05:46 PM

Sure, but both sides are just as bad IMO. Lakers have the best record in the WC since the ASB so you can't act like they have 0 chance of winning anything. Bran is one of the 2 best players on the team so he's going to be judged no matter what.

AlternativeAcc.
04-12-2023, 05:49 PM

Lakers in 5

JJJ and Bane are stupid good, and Ja has superstar talent. They have absurd cohesiveness and are actually incredibly tough.

Lakers in 7.

You don't know what you're talking about though.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 06:22 PM
Almost even odds...and you Bronies still won't admit the Lakers are absolutely stacked. :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2023, 07:11 PM
Almost even odds...and you Bronies still won't admit the Lakers are absolutely stacked. :roll:

theyre underdogs against a team with the 9th highest odds to win the title.

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 08:11 PM

Generally speaking, wouldn’t teams that are stacked not be almost even odds in the first round of the playoffs?

WhiteKyrie
04-12-2023, 08:13 PM
LeBron vs Morris
LeBron’s Wife Shannon vs Ja Wick’s Dad

Bad blood grudge match? Sign me up.

Hope Ja griddy’s all over them

warriorfan
04-12-2023, 08:24 PM
bron stans shook af and the playoffs havnt even begun

:roll: :roll:

bladefd
04-12-2023, 08:39 PM

Wouldn't any "absolutely stacked" team be heavy favorites to win the series?

Full Court
04-12-2023, 08:42 PM
Generally speaking, wouldn’t teams that are stacked not be almost even odds in the first round of the playoffs?

Generally speaking, yes.

Also generally speaking, the 2nd seed should be massive favorites against the 7th seed. I'm sure you know this.

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 08:49 PM
Generally speaking, yes.

Also generally speaking, the 2nd seed should be massive favorites against the 7th seed. I'm sure you know this.

Generally speaking, a stacking team isn’t a 7 seed.

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 08:49 PM
Generally speaking, yes.

Lakers are underdogs, that is an actual fact. If they win the series it will be an upset. Stop getting mad at actual facts.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 10:03 PM
Generally speaking, a stacking team isn’t a 7 seed.

As we've seen last year though, the Lakers are massive underachievers.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 10:04 PM
Lakers are underdogs, that is an actual fact. If they win the series it will be an upset. Stop getting mad at actual facts.

Oh yeah. At +105 odds, it would be a HUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE upset.

You like to double down on dumb takes, don't you.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-Ih2wSuaTDIs%2FUtluMSNSK8I%2FAAAAAAAAeuY%2Fjho7h_Ai PNM%2Fs1600%2FTom%2BBrady.PNG&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3299a1ea26b6abcea107cbe6046772fc43f8939fe76e94 012e0649ba1c00761b&ipo=images

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 10:05 PM
As we've seen last year though, the Lakers are massive underachievers.

I will admit that they are better than their record, hence why the series is projected to be pretty close.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 10:12 PM
I will admit that they are better than their record, hence why the series is projected to be pretty close.

Then we're in agreement.

That's been the point I've been making all year.....

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 10:18 PM
Then we're in agreement.

That's been the point I've been making all year.....

The reasoning you’ve given for it and the actual reasoning are vastly different though.

Having the right answer with the wrong reasoning doesn’t make your point good. You learn that in like middle school.

nayte
04-13-2023, 05:06 AM
I think the Lakers can get this one

Full Court
04-13-2023, 06:54 AM
The reasoning you’ve given for it and the actual reasoning are vastly different though.

Having the right answer with the wrong reasoning doesn’t make your point good. You learn that in like middle school.

Lol, ok.

nayte
04-13-2023, 06:56 AM

You should tell this to all the dumb ****s who argue politics lol

ShawkFactory
04-13-2023, 06:58 AM
Lol, ok.

Saying that WWII happened because mercury was in retrograde wouldn’t make one sound so smart.

ShawkFactory
04-13-2023, 07:01 AM
You should tell this to all the dumb ****s who argue politics lol

:lol

I usually don’t care to argue politics. Certainly not on here. Learned my lesson on that one :lol

nayte
04-13-2023, 07:08 AM

I usually don’t care to argue politics. Certainly not on here. Learned my lesson on that one :lol

Haha same .the internet does that to a person. But I bet astrology lovers will certainly blame the retrograde from what I've seen.
And yes crazy I know lol

ArbitraryWater
04-13-2023, 08:49 AM
Generally speaking, yes.

sure, but saying the lakers are absolutely stacked isnt a relative claim but an absolute one. so thats irrelevant.

to prove your claim, they would have to be favorites against the team with the NINTH highest odds to win the title, no?

JohnMax
04-13-2023, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1646306176680730626

Full Court
04-13-2023, 10:08 PM
Saying that WWII happened because mercury was in retrograde wouldn’t make one sound so smart.

Except that my analysis has been proven to be spot on.

If you recall, I was the one saying as soon as Lebron got injured that the Lakers were all but guaranteed to make the playoffs, because they had a much easier end of season schedule than the teams they were vying for a play-in spot with, they play much better without Lebron, and they have a stacked team.

Turns out I was right. You just get bothered every time that happens. :confusedshrug:

ShawkFactory
04-14-2023, 06:33 AM
Except that my analysis has been proven to be spot on.

If you recall, I was the one saying as soon as Lebron got injured that the Lakers were all but guaranteed to make the playoffs, because they had a much easier end of season schedule than the teams they were vying for a play-in spot with, they play much better without Lebron, and they have a stacked team.

Turns out I was right. You just get bothered every time that happens. :confusedshrug:

You said something you’d say regardless of situation and turned out to be right this time. Lucky for you, but no one is impressed :lol

Your “analysis” was not right. There wasn’t even an analysis.

AussieSteve
04-14-2023, 06:48 AM
You said something you’d say regardless of situation and turned out to be right this time. Lucky for you, but no one is impressed :lol

It was damage control anyway. For him, it was always going to be lebron's fault if they missed the playoffs and in spite of lebron if they made it.

The reality is that they were 9-1 since the trade deadline when lebron started. And he was the best player on the court in the play in game (making them 10-1)

He is the reason they are in the playoffs right now. Without him they are either done for the year right now, or at best facing a do-or-die play-in for the 8th seed.

ShawkFactory
04-14-2023, 07:05 AM
It was damage control anyway. For him, it was always going to be lebron's fault if they missed the playoffs and in spite of lebron if they made it.

The reality is that they were 9-1 since the trade deadline when lebron started. And he was the best player on the court in the play in game (making them 10-1)

He is the reason they are in the playoffs right now. Without him they are either done for the year right now, or at best facing a do-or-die play-in for the 8th seed.

I know. That’s always what it is.

Nb1
04-14-2023, 11:46 AM
The only reason its close its bc Lebron is playing and even at 38 people think he can win a ring carrying a lottery team.

But people forget that this Memphis team gave the last champs hell last year and if Ja wasnt injured they might have taken it.

As for the Lakers? Reeves never saw the playoffs, Vanderbuilt is like 1-3 in his whole playoff career and i dont think any of them was even in the playoffs last year lol. Other than Lebron, no other player had any succes by themselves in the playoffs in their careers. Davis was 5-9 before joining Lebron and everyone else but Lonnie Walker (record of 3-3 in the PF) has either not even 1 game or a losing record in a few games only.

So ofc Memphis is the favorite and the odds should be less close.

Johnny32
04-14-2023, 12:14 PM
The only reason its close its bc Lebron is playing and even at 38 people think he can win a ring carrying a lottery team.

But people forget that this Memphis team gave the last champs hell last year and if Ja wasnt injured they might have taken it.

As for the Lakers? Reeves never saw the playoffs, Vanderbuilt is like 1-3 in his whole playoff career and i dont think any of them was even in the playoffs last year lol. Other than Lebron, no other player had any succes by themselves in the playoffs in their careers. Davis was 5-9 before joining Lebron and everyone else but Lonnie Walker (record of 3-3 in the PF) has either not even 1 game or a losing record in a few games only.

So ofc Memphis is the favorite and the odds should be less close.

dlo is also a playoff failure. it's all on a 38 yr old goat who isn't in basketball shape and inconsistent as fk anthony davis.

Full Court
04-14-2023, 04:48 PM
dlo is also a playoff failure. it's all on a 38 yr old goat who isn't in basketball shape and inconsistent as fk anthony davis.

And the excuses and scapegoatings are already in the works. :roll:

Saw that coming from a mile away.

Spurs m8
04-14-2023, 09:50 PM
Johnny fvcks OP

Keno
04-14-2023, 11:06 PM
story of lebron's career, underdog in majority of the series' he's been in. time to prove them wrong once again. :applause:

kawhileonard2
04-15-2023, 12:15 AM
story of lebron's career, underdog in majority of the series' he's been in. time to prove them wrong once again. :applause:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011_preseason_odds.html (Dallas 7th)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_preseason_odds.html (San Antonio 6th)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015_preseason_odds.html (Golden State 8th)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_preseason_odds.html (Raptors 5th)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_preseason_odds.html (Lakers 1st)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2022_preseason_odds.html (Lakers 2nd)

Full Court
04-15-2023, 10:02 AM

Just like favorites to win the West last year, and then end up in the lottery? With a SUPERTEAM no less?

3ba11
04-15-2023, 11:21 PM
James didn't go to LA to win the play in. His goal is championships. I will say that if they beat Memphis that's an upset but that's not his true goal.

Then you guys are all dumb as shit

The Lakers have the superior roster BY FAR

Anyone that can't see that is just listening to the media who are executing a fraud

Lebron has been underachieving the expectation for most of his career by turning preseason favorites into underdogs or otherwise winning less than expected wtih the on-paper talent.. He's been especially bad since coming out West when it comes to achieving the expected result with the rosters he had starting in 2019 up until now

It's called a garbage brand of ball courtesy of Lebron's skillset that imposes spot-up roles and limits strategic capacity/coaching

Axe
04-15-2023, 11:29 PM
Then you guys are all dumb as shit

The Lakers have the superior roster BY FAR

Anyone that can't see that is just listening to the media who are executing a fraud

Lebron has been underachieving the expectation for most of his career by turning preseason favorites into underdogs or otherwise winning less than expected wtih the on-paper talent.. He's been especially bad since coming out West when it comes to achieving the expected result with the rosters he had starting in 2019 up until now

It's called a garbage brand of ball courtesy of Lebron's skillset that imposes spot-up roles and limits strategic capacity/coaching
Meltdown.

1-9

kawhileonard2
04-15-2023, 11:32 PM
Need an answer on each thread below.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?489748-When-KD-and-Lebron-go-head-to-head
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459570

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495113-Vassilis-Spanoulis-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-s-And-Luka-Doncic-s-Idol-Retired
https://www.espn.com/olympics/wbc2006/news/story?id=2568543

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495940-Lebron-with-Shaq-2nd-round-exit-Giannis-with-Middleton-a-Title

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495955-Giannis-just-blasted-those-who-join-super-teams-in-post-conference-interview

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493982-Devin-Booker-Vs-Lebron-James-who-is-better-currently

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496253-Lebron-won-2-bronze-medals-for-the-United-States-of-America-How

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496256-Lebron-with-Tim-Duncan-Bronze-Medal-in-Olympics-Vince-with-KG-Gold-Medal

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496255-Lebron-with-Carlos-Boozer-No-Playoffs-Deron-Williams-with-Carlos-Boozer-WCF

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496549-Lebron-stacking-the-deck-in-2022-because-he-is-afraid-of-Devin-Booker

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?492941-1-Title-in-11-Years-for-the-Franchise-that-you-originally-played-for

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496831-times-when-each-top-10-player-all-time-Lost-when-they-were-expected-to-win

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?486706-Rob-Parker-LeBron-is-the-FFOAT

Record against teams with an SRS of 5.0 or higher.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?497187-Record-against-teams-with-an-SRS-of-5-0-or-higher

Not 3, not 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or Playoff Mode Activated or A Storm is Coming
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?494319-Not-3-not-4-5-6-7-8-or-Playoff-Mode-Activated-or-A-Storm-is-Coming/page2

Playoff Mode: ACTIVATED
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?473762-Playoff-Mode-ACTIVATED

Lowest Scoring Supporting Cast Overall Playoffs
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?463869-Lowest-Scoring-Supporting-Cast-Overall-Playoffs/page3

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499837-Greatest-floor-raise-of-all-time/page2
Lebron played with Shaq who won league mvp and 3 finals mvp's and lost in round 2. Lebron played with Peak Duncan who had won 2 league mvp's and 3 finals mvp's and won bronze medal. Lebron played with Peak Wade who won finals mvp and got outplayed by Jason Terry. Lebron played with Derrick Rose who won mvp under age 30 which was the same as Kevin Durant who won mvp under 30 while both were on Golden State and Cleveland. Lebron played with mulitple PER leaders as well and now Russell Westbrook a league mvp winner and more triple doubles than Oscar Robertson. Yet despite all of that Lebron lost with all of them.

Jarrett Allen vs Gobert and Jarrett Allen vs Lebron
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499786-Jarrett-Allen-vs-Gobert-and-Jarrett-Allen-vs-Lebron

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500431-Lakers-were-1-in-Preseason-Odds-in-2021-and-Suns-were-14
Was #1 in Preseason odds and lost to a 14th seed in odds

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2021_preseason_odds.html

And Devin Booker walked them down in the playoffs with Devin outplaying Lebron. :confusedshrug:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500416-Why-did-Pelinka-surround-Lebron-with-a-bullshit-roster
He has peak Anthony Davis, the best player on the 2020 squad and the reason the Lakers did anything as the 2019 Lakers missed the playoffs and 2021 Lakers lost in round 1 when AD wasn't around. He has Prime Melo who won a scoring title and all time leader in scoring for the Olympics. He has Dwight Howard a 3x DPOY and a guy who beat Lebron without HCA. He has Westbrook who is the modern day Oscar Robertson and also won league mvp along with average a Triple Double 4 years in a row. He also has Rondo who is a hall of famer.

Why didn't he play it against Dwight Howard in 2009 when Dwight was dominating http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?459570-How-is-it-even-possible-to-lose-to-Dwight-Howard-in-a-series-with-HCA/page10? Or against Duncan or KG or Dirk? Why did he run away from KD a guy at his position?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?489748-When-KD-and-Lebron-go-head-to-head

Why didn't he do **** against Booker in the playoffs as well?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

Devin Booker broke Lebron
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500264-Devin-Booker-broke-Lebron&p=14500724

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503966-3ball-why-can-LeBron-win-with-Irving-but-KD-can-t&p=14584482#post14584482

Lebron won bronze medal twice and lost with HCA 3x. Jordan only won gold medal and never lost with HCA. Prove me wrong!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500440-Russell-Westbrook-leading-the-league-in-Triple-Doubles-Thus-far-in-2022-Season
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/triple-double-leaders-2021-2022-stats

Expected Championships Won and Titles Over Expected
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500379-Expected-Championships-Won-and-Titles-Over-Expected/page3&p=14503600

How did LeBron go 10-16 vs Kawhi? 7-12 vs Shaq? 17-23 vs Curry?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500334-How-did-LeBron-go-10-16-vs-Kawhi-7-12-vs-Shaq-17-23-vs-Curry

Top 50 All-Time List - Shot Clock Era = #1
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?497028-Top-50-All-Time-List-Shot-Clock-Era-1&p=14426360&viewfull=1#post14426360

Difference between Lebron and Tmac?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?494830-Difference-between-Lebron-and-Tmac
Both 0-2 with HCA against 50+ win teams until they joined forces with someone who won as the man. Also won bronze medals.

Tmac lost to Utah in 2007 while Lebron was losing to a career loser in Dwight Howard and also Carlos Arroyo in the Olympics with peak Tim Duncan on his squad despite playing more minutes than Hakeem even played on the 1996 Olympic team.

LeBron's message that makes the NBA shake: A storm is coming
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500734-LeBron-s-message-that-makes-the-NBA-shake-A-storm-is-coming

https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2021/04/09/6070b833ca47418e588b45e9.html

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?480740-Vasileios-Spanoulis-gt-gt-gt-Lebron-James
Outplayed Lebron in FIBA and caused America to get another bronze medal and then Greece got spanked in Gold medal final.:oldlol:

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa/game/p/gid/A/grid/75/rid/5152/sid/3507/_/2006_FIBA_World_Championship/statistic.html

First Time Ever a team with 2 guys who won MVP missed the playoffs
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503543-First-Time-Ever-a-team-with-2-guys-who-won-MVP-missed-the-playoffs

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503981-Why-does-Lebron-have-2-bronze-medals-while-KD-only-has-gold-medals&p=14584371#post14584371

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

3ba11
04-15-2023, 11:41 PM
Cavs were -700 favorite to beat the 2009 Magic

Cavs were -500 favorite to beat the 2010 Celtics

Lebron simply lacked the scoring help that his skillset needs.. Passers like Magic or Lebron need all-time scorers to pass to and a passer's need for scoring help is exacerbated by being too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams.

For example, Magic was massively-upset when he tried to carry the scoring load against KJ's Suns in 1990, which was similar to Lebron losing the 2009 ECF and therefore never beating a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs vs top teams in 2 decades).

Full Court
04-16-2023, 08:34 AM

Funny how I get "lucky" around 95% of the time.

It's almost like I understand basketball a lot better than Bronies do....

Real Men Wear Green
04-16-2023, 08:40 AM
Need an understanding and patient therapist.

Axe
04-16-2023, 09:17 AM
understanding and patient therapist.

tpols
04-16-2023, 09:17 AM
Lakers are +150 today. It's pretty much coin flip odds, but may be worth placing. They've got way more firepower than the grizzlies, but Memphis is at home and extremely scrappy. This is why sports gambling is hard.

Axe
04-16-2023, 09:19 AM
Lakers are +150 today. It's pretty much coin flip odds, but may be worth placing. They've got way more firepower than the grizzlies, but Memphis is at home and extremely scrappy. This is why sports gambling is hard.
But despite that, preseason and vegas odds matter hugely. Right?

tpols
04-16-2023, 09:22 AM
But despite that, preseason and vegas odds matter hugely. Right?

Long term odds matter far more than short term due to the extreme variance that can occur with a 1 game sample size.

ShawkFactory
04-16-2023, 09:32 AM

I think if they can run like they have been all year the Lakers will wear down later in the game.

1987_Lakers
04-16-2023, 05:29 PM
Underdogs win game 1

Full Court
04-16-2023, 05:31 PM
Underdogs win game 1

"Underdogs"....:roll:

Turns out Full Court has been the only one right about the Lakers since the beginning of the season.

:pimp:

tpols
04-16-2023, 05:32 PM
Underdogs win game 1

They're going to be placed as massive favorites in every game going forward in this series. Probably -300 or better. It's obvious to anybody watching the games the lakers have 10x the talent and firepower.

ArbitraryWater
04-16-2023, 05:33 PM

Nah I went on this tonight and went big on them for the series.

IZ EASY.

Bookies are smoking that good shit when it comes to Lakers' odds

1987_Lakers
04-16-2023, 05:34 PM
:cry:

:oldlol:

Hey Yo
04-16-2023, 05:37 PM
They're going to be placed as massive favorites in every game going forward in this series. Probably -300 or better. It's obvious to anybody watching the games the lakers have 10x the talent and firepower.

I agree.... if Ja's going to miss a few games.

Full Court
04-16-2023, 10:18 PM
:oldlol:

You just HATE the fact that I'm always right and you're always wrong, don't you.

Manny98
04-16-2023, 10:26 PM
Lakers literally have the two best players in this series + an amazing cast of Reaves, Russell, Vanderbilt,Hachimura, Dennis whilst the Grizzlies are missing Adams and Clarke

How df are Lakers "underdogs" :lol

kawhileonard2
04-16-2023, 11:02 PM
Underdogs win game 1

Memphis has lost game 1 in every series they have played with HCA.

1987_Lakers
04-16-2023, 11:38 PM
You just HATE the fact that I'm always right and you're always wrong, don't you.

"Always right"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?510654-List-of-superstars-who-led-a-superteam-to-the-lottery

Axe
04-16-2023, 11:40 PM
"Always right"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?510654-List-of-superstars-who-led-a-superteam-to-the-lottery
I wonder why that sorry thread got closed lmao.