PDA

View Full Version : Pretty much every Western conference 1st round matchup looks like must see TV

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 12:50 PM
While the East looks so damn underwhelming, you already know the top 4 teams in that conference will likely advance. Even though the West is not top heavy, it's very deep. Seems like every matchup can be competitive. Even the Suns-Clippers matchup (which everyone has the Suns winning) is good because of the KD vs Kawhi factor.

AlternativeAcc.
04-12-2023, 01:05 PM
There's never been a year where the 3 most dangerous teams are all bottom 5 seeds. Makes for an epic 1st round.

2nd round gets even better, Suns vs Nuggets, and Warriors vs Lakers

KD vs either Curry or LeBron in WCFs.

Epic stuff.

ShawkFactory
04-12-2023, 01:13 PM
The first round in the East will be weaker but if the top 4 seeds win then the second round will be amazing too.

StrongLurk
04-12-2023, 01:52 PM
On paper it looks good, but I wouldn't be surprised if all first round West Conf series only go 5-6 games.

BigShotBob
04-12-2023, 05:07 PM
There's never been a year where the 3 most dangerous teams are all bottom 5 seeds. Makes for an epic 1st round.

Epic stuff.

Who said that the Lakers or Warriors are making it out of the first round?

Full Court
04-12-2023, 08:37 PM
Damage control from OP. No surprise there.

The East is stacked, while the West is the weakest conference in decades. I guess Dudley would rather see the Grizzlies and Kings than the Bucks and Celtics though.

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 08:47 PM
Damage control from OP. No surprise there.

The East is stacked, while the West is the weakest conference in decades. I guess Dudley would rather see the Grizzlies and Kings than the Bucks and Celtics though.

Seriously, do you just say dumb shit on purpose?

The 4-7 seeds in the West all have superstar talent on their teams.

East is more top heavy while the West is deeper.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 10:02 PM

That's a low IQ take.

"Superstar talent, blah blah blah..." Last year the biggest superstar in the NBA was in the lottery. Let that sink in. The West is weak and you know it. You're trying to pretend that it's not so you can act like the Lakers aren't in fact underachievers.

red1
04-12-2023, 10:10 PM

he's mentally retarded.

everyone knows the west is stacked. again.

Full Court
04-12-2023, 10:13 PM
he's mentally retarded.

Being a Bronie fluffer has negatively affected your IQ.

Here, educate yourself:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?511000-The-West-Right-Now-Is-the-Weakest-Conference-We-ve-Seen-In-Decades

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 10:15 PM
he's mentally retarded.

:lol

AussieSteve
04-12-2023, 10:19 PM
That's a low IQ take.

"Superstar talent, blah blah blah..." Last year the biggest superstar in the NBA was in the lottery. Let that sink in. The West is weak and you know it. You're trying to pretend that it's not so you can act like the Lakers aren't in fact underachievers.

I think the West is pretty loaded.

That the Pels and TWolves are the 8th and 9th seeds says to me that its stacked. They have good rosters.

The problem in the West this season has been that almost all of the top players in the West have missed 15-20 or even more games. With everyone playing, the West is stronger than the East, and I'm tipping the champion will come from the West if injuries don't derail things.

1987_Lakers
04-12-2023, 10:19 PM
That's a low IQ take.

The funny thing is I genuinely made this thread because of my excitement for the 1st round matchups in the West, but you have to take it to this weird agenda place. Keep thinking people are dying to see Boston vs Atlanta, Philly vs Nets, etc out East. :lol

red1
04-12-2023, 10:21 PM
Being a Bronie fluffer has negatively affected your IQ.

Here, educate yourself:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?511000-The-West-Right-Now-Is-the-Weakest-Conference-We-ve-Seen-In-Decades
clippers vs suns first round

I'd say pretty stacked.

hold this L
04-13-2023, 09:55 AM

Epic stuff.

Lets see what happens, maybe all 3 of those guys are out in the first round :lol But if it happens, then damn.

FKAri
04-13-2023, 09:58 AM
In order for me:
1. Kings/Warriors
2. PHX/LAC
3. MEM/LAL

And these series blow the rest out of the water.

Wally450
04-13-2023, 10:01 AM
The funny thing is I genuinely made this thread because of my excitement for the 1st round matchups in the West, but you have to take it to this weird agenda place. Keep thinking people are dying to see Boston vs Atlanta, Philly vs Nets, etc out East. :lol

I'm excited for the West games. Just sucks that they start so late here on the East Coast. I can't stay up until 1am every night watching ball. Maybe a Friday or Saturday.

Underwhelmed about the first round for the Celtics. (Not that I'm not excited about that. I think we cruise past the Hawks.) The more exciting matchups come in the second round in the East.

Axe
04-13-2023, 04:52 PM

That the Pels and TWolves are the 8th and 9th seeds says to me that its stacked. They have good rosters.

The problem in the West this season has been that almost all of the top players in the West have missed 15-20 or even more games. With everyone playing, the West is stronger than the East, and I'm tipping the champion will come from the West if injuries don't derail things.
It's true to most extent. The pels could have done better if not for zion going down.

bison
04-14-2023, 03:07 PM
the east will be pretty good after the 1st round where all the deadweight will get eliminated.

bison
04-14-2023, 04:41 PM
I don’t see why people don’t have suns as the clear favorites. The clippers are probably the only team capable of beating them and that’s only if PG is healthy. Suns are nearly undefeated with KD. KD himself is 20-2 in the last 22 games he played in. Dude is automatic

Full Court
04-14-2023, 04:56 PM

The Wolves are garbage. The Pelicans have a ton of potential, but they're mediocre at best without Zion.

Full Court
04-14-2023, 04:57 PM

This thread is what's agenda driven. You can act like it's something else all day, but you can't fool Full Court.

Full Court knows.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. oa2jBohQimFgPcLvthvLRAEsCo%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=8c1345fee03efe9a283485c8cdf9c531c29f6e39d2868d 6b9512ee7b2d3dbe19&ipo=images

pegasus
04-14-2023, 05:03 PM
It is very exciting, but it must be frustrating for Denver not to know who they'll be playing until just two days before their first fame (same for Milwaukee). Play-in format has been successful for the most part, but it does screw the top two seeds in each conference. It's like punishing them for taking care of business in the regular season.

Hey Yo
04-14-2023, 05:58 PM
It is very exciting, but it must be frustrating for Denver not to know who they'll be playing until just two days before their first fame (same for Milwaukee). Play-in format has been successful for the most part, but it does screw the top two seeds in each conference. It's like punishing them for taking care of business in the regular season.

I realize this is the postseason, but Denver's played these teams a lot, nothing should jump out and really surprise them or catch them off guard after the opening tip.

2 days should be more than enough for Denver to prepare.

Meticode
04-15-2023, 01:56 AM
The best matchup in the East is the Knicks and Cavs. Randle will likely be back and even though Cleveland got the higher seed the Knicks had Cleveland's number this year.

Plus the whole Cleveland jumping in at the last second and stealing Donovan Mitchell from the Knicks thing.

Lakers Legend#32
04-15-2023, 03:29 AM
Unlike the East.