PDA

View Full Version : What do we make of Markelle Fultz?

PeroAntic
04-15-2023, 12:40 PM
Career highs in minutes (29), points (14), assists (6), rebounds (4), field goal percentage (51) and 3pt percentage (31, first time above 30).

Started all his games this season as well (60). Is he back? What is his ceiling? It has been shown until now that if a player shoots 30+ field goal from 3 he will have enough space to operate. There are plenty of non shooters in the league who are doing well. I see Fultz being in the allstar conversation in the next few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNMj728Xl7g

Real Men Wear Green
04-15-2023, 01:31 PM
He's the new Joe Smith. If you just judge him by the standard of top picks he's a colossal bust. The most comically ruthless move in Danny Ainge Atlantic-destroying career. But if you ignore where he was picked he should have an OK career. Assuming the injury issues are over he'll play for a decade and make some money just won't be an allstar.

RRR3
04-15-2023, 01:33 PM
He's the new Joe Smith. If you just judge him by the standard of top picks he's a colossal bust. The most comically ruthless move in Danny Ainge Atlantic-destroying career. But if you ignore where he was picked he should have an OK career. Assuming the injury issues are over he'll play for a decade and make some money just won't be an allstar.
Probably about right but if he ever learns to shoot 3s again that would change.

PeroAntic
04-15-2023, 02:27 PM

I mean he's a pretty good defender and passer. Midrange game, ball handling, he excels at both. Why wouldn't he be able to have more than just ok career?

fourkicks44
04-15-2023, 02:34 PM
His defense has been what has impressed me themost.

He has actually become a really good defender. He has obviously worked on his body and and grown out during his injuries. He looks truly like a man now, not a kid.

I saw him earlier this season bully Maxey on both ends of the floor. Saw a game vs the Suns where is was taking Bookers lunch money too.

However the shooting issues, although nowhere near as hampering as they once were, will always stop him from reaching the number 1 pick potential he once had obviously.

Real Men Wear Green
04-15-2023, 02:46 PM
I mean he's a pretty good defender and passer. Midrange game, ball handling, he excels at both. Why wouldn't he be able to have more than just ok career?

Compare his 14 points and 6 assists to the guards that made the allstar game in the eastern conference. He's good enough to keep the Magic from looking for a new point guard but Jrue Holiday has the worst numbers of any allstar guard and he still did 19 and 7 for the team with the best record. Jaylen Brown did 26 and 7 and that put him on as a reserve. I doubt we see Fultz equaling that level of production. No shame being a solid starter/rotation player. If he becomes a good three point shooter things could change but his current skill/talent set doesn't make a guy an allstar when he's playing a complimentary role (Banchero is Orlando's star Wagner is second scorer).

iamgine
04-15-2023, 09:26 PM
I think he'll realistically be as good as d'angelo russell. Not bad at all.