PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Lakers underdogs again in game 2,

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2023, 10:32 AM
will they be able to overcome it?

90sgoat
04-17-2023, 10:43 AM
I told my friend to put money on Lakers, I think the odds were like 20:1 to win it all. He put down like $100 only but it's enough that I'm rooting for Lakers (and they have Reeves who is their best player).

I think they have a better chance than that, because they're a very deep team with enough top level talent and the intangibles, mostly ref help, that Lebron brings.

AD is the best big man in the game when healthy and focused, yes better than Embiid and Jokic, because he is easily the better defender than Jokic and easily a more talented offensive player than Embiid, because he can hit the midrange at a solid clip. He's also a better rebounder than both.

Russel and Vanderbilt are high level role players. Russell is a former top tier offensive talent, who know has found a role where he is better than his role asks of him. Vanderbilt is a high octane rebounder and defender.

Austin Reeves and Rui Hachimura are legit top level young talents. I always thought that Rui seemed like a big talent, don't know why Wiz got rid of him. Austin Reeves is at the very least a Gordon Hayward talent.

And we're not done.. then they also have two excellent iso and fastbreak scorers in Schöder and Walker.

Finally Lebron, who at this point is a role player, but ... also clearly the team leader and as much as I hate to admit it, I think he has become quite a good leader. He makes malcontents like Schröder fit in. He is so larger than life, takes up so much media attention, that the younger players can just focus on balling.

This is the Lebron I like the best. As the glorified Iggy role. Can score in spurts, defend in spurts. The rich man's Pippen. This was the role he was meant to play.

And for that reason, I think they have a legit chance at winning a ring. It's not given, far from it, but they match up very well against a lot of teams. I think they match up well with many teams. The Clippers are probably their number one enemy.

ShawkFactory
04-17-2023, 10:54 AM
I told my friend to put money on Lakers, I think the odds were like 20:1 to win it all. He put down like $100 only but it's enough that I'm rooting for Lakers (and they have Reeves who is their best player).

I think they have a better chance than that, because they're a very deep team with enough top level talent and the intangibles, mostly ref help, that Lebron brings.

AD is the best big man in the game when healthy and focused, yes better than Embiid and Jokic, because he is easily the better defender than Jokic and easily a more talented offensive player than Embiid, because he can hit the midrange at a solid clip. He's also a better rebounder than both.

Russel and Vanderbilt are high level role players. Russell is a former top tier offensive talent, who know has found a role where he is better than his role asks of him. Vanderbilt is a high octane rebounder and defender.

Austin Reeves and Rui Hachimura are legit top level young talents. I always thought that Rui seemed like a big talent, don't know why Wiz got rid of him. Austin Reeves is at the very least a Gordon Hayward talent.

And we're not done.. then they also have two excellent iso and fastbreak scorers in Schöder and Walker.

Finally Lebron, who at this point is a role player, but ... also clearly the team leader and as much as I hate to admit it, I think he has become quite a good leader. He makes malcontents like Schröder fit in. He is so larger than life, takes up so much media attention, that the younger players can just focus on balling.

This is the Lebron I like the best. As the glorified Iggy role. Can score in spurts, defend in spurts. The rich man's Pippen. This was the role he was meant to play.

And for that reason, I think they have a legit chance at winning a ring. It's not given, far from it, but they match up very well against a lot of teams. I think they match up well with many teams. The Clippers are probably their number one enemy.

AD is better than Embiid and Jokic but Reaves is the best player? :lol

As for Rui, the Wizards got rid of him because he was extremely inconsistent, particularly with his effort.

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2023, 10:57 AM
That’s crazy. I get they’ll be at home, but the Lakers just beat them by 16 and Ja is hurt. They could very well win, but I for sure would not bet them as the favorite.

90sgoat
04-17-2023, 10:57 AM
As for Rui, the Wizards got rid of him because he was extremely inconsistent, particularly with his effort.

Lebron makes talented but erratic players look good, Russel, Rui, Kyrie, Thompson etc.

He stacks the teams so that they don't have to do the things they suck at.

tpols
04-17-2023, 12:24 PM
That's speculative on whether morant sits out with his boo-boo or not. The line will favor the Lakers massively if he doesn't play.

Its sad that people have to act like the Lakers aren't on a totally different talent level than this grizzly team. But not surprising.

FultzNationRISE
04-17-2023, 12:30 PM
That's speculative on whether morant sits out with his boo-boo or not. The line will favor the Lakers massively if he doesn't play.

Its sad that people have to act like the Lakers aren't on a totally different talent level than this grizzly team. But not surprising.

It depends how you look at it.

If you count Lebron, the Lakers have a MASSIVE talent advantage.

But if you exclude Lebron, the Grizzlies have a MASSIVE talent advantage.

RRR3
04-17-2023, 12:35 PM
That’s crazy. I get they’ll be at home, but the Lakers just beat them by 16 and Ja is hurt. They could very well win, but I for sure would not bet them as the favorite.
They must think Ja is playing.

tpols
04-17-2023, 12:36 PM
It depends how you look at it.

If you count Lebron, the Lakers have a MASSIVE talent advantage.

But if you exclude Lebron, the Grizzlies have a MASSIVE talent advantage.

AD +27
D-Lo +20
Reaves +15
Rui +12
Lebron +7

Anybody that watched the game yesterday saw AD absolutely dominate, Rui and Dlo go sniping, and reaves the white boy close the game out. Lebron was mostly chucking threes and opened up 0-5.

He literally had nothing to do with them winning yesterday's game.

Johnny32
04-17-2023, 12:54 PM

Lil Mikey fangirls in panic mode lol

Johnny32
04-17-2023, 12:58 PM
They must think Ja is playing.

Mem closed at -5 yesterday so maybe not.

Johnny32
04-17-2023, 01:21 PM
To continue with the post above. Lakers opened at +1 and are +1.5 currently.

Johnny32
04-17-2023, 01:24 PM

Rui is a below average 3pt shooter. He hit 7. Lakers had 4, almost 5 players score 20 points and it was still a close until the run to close the game. You can look at it both ways.

Full Court
04-17-2023, 05:36 PM
I'm skeptical that the Lakers are underdogs still. Morant is probably going to be out, and the Lakers are the most stacked team in the league.

OP, you might wanna check your source.

FKAri
04-17-2023, 05:45 PM
AD is better than Embiid and Jokic but Reaves is the best player? :lol

:roll:

ShawkFactory
04-17-2023, 05:58 PM
I'm skeptical that the Lakers are underdogs still. Morant is probably going to be out, and the Lakers are the most stacked team in the league.

OP, you might wanna check your source.

Fanduel still has the Grizzlies at 1.5 point favorites.

I'm guessing bettors are thinking that the Grizzlies will be desperate in game 2 and that Rui and Reaves won't duplicate what the did yesterday.

Johnny32
04-17-2023, 06:33 PM
mem has won playoff games without ja. this isn't the first time he's went down in the postseason.

kawhileonard2
04-17-2023, 10:39 PM
will they be able to overcome it?

They are favorites like they were in 2022 with Westbrook and 2021 vs Phoenix.

Full Court
04-17-2023, 10:47 PM
Fanduel still has the Grizzlies at 1.5 point favorites.

I'm guessing bettors are thinking that the Grizzlies will be desperate in game 2 and that Rui and Reaves won't duplicate what the did yesterday.

That's the thing though. Lakers are incredibly deep. If Rui and Reaves have a terrible game, they have AD, Schroder, and Russell that can step up. Chances are pretty slim that all five of them have a bad game all at once. Even Bronie has a great game about one out of every ten.

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2023, 10:52 PM
That's the thing though. Lakers are incredibly deep. If Rui and Reaves have a terrible game, they have AD, Schroder, and Russell that can step up. Chances are pretty slim that all five of them have a bad game all at once. Even Bronie has a great game about one out of every ten.
Pretty impressive he managed to average nearly 30 ppg only playing great 90% of the time.

Full Court
04-17-2023, 11:25 PM
Pretty impressive he managed to average nearly 30 ppg only playing great 90% of the time.

Empty stats while you're a net negative only impresses Bronie fluffers.

Johnny32
04-18-2023, 09:44 PM
lakers now -1.

kawhileonard2
04-18-2023, 09:47 PM
lakers now -1.

Naw still 1.5 point favorites.