PDA

View Full Version : Has Westbrook cemented himself as the most insecure player after Durant?

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/jbrewton91/status/1648067113611845633

Cant imagine the drama with both of them on the same team :lol

especially a few years ago since it seems like they got more insecure with age and were more grounded back then.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2023, 12:55 PM
What the fck :oldlol:

Over a god damn tweet too :lol That's insane.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 01:02 PM

right? :roll: im saying. (if it actually was or they just invited said scenario)

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 01:03 PM
buddy in the background yelled "Westbricks the man" lmaoo

then said Westbrook after.

AlternativeAcc.
04-18-2023, 01:09 PM

:roll: :roll:

Imagine being as inept as westbrick AND being hyper sensitive to the hate. Dude must be staying up every night thinking about this shit. Poor guy

AlternativeAcc.
04-18-2023, 01:10 PM
buddy in the background yelled "Westbricks the man" lmaoo

then said Westbrook after.

:roll:

Wardell Curry
04-18-2023, 01:11 PM
Ben Simmons.

Wardell Curry
04-18-2023, 01:13 PM

Not really. Repeated exposure to the same bad actors over and over and over will break people psychologically. As a one off, small single incident, you're right. Part of a battery of verbal/written abuse/taunting? It's not surprising at all. Social media is causing people to unravel in all aspects of society.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2023, 01:26 PM
Not really. Repeated exposure to the same bad actors over and over and over will break people psychologically. As a one off, small single incident, you're right. Part of a battery of verbal/written abuse/taunting? It's not surprising at all. Social media is causing people to unravel in all aspects of society.
Bro, being called Westbrick? A 34 year old man shouldn't get THAT upset, or frankly get upset at all, about being called what's ultimately a childish nickname. And he should know that as a professional athlete, this kind of thing comes with the territory.

The only thing that should cause him to literally confront a fan in a suite during a game would be if he was called a n***er, or if he said something truly heinous about a loved one.

Wardell Curry
04-18-2023, 01:30 PM
Bro, being called Westbrick? A 34 year old man shouldn't get THAT upset, or frankly get upset at all, about being called what's ultimately a childish nickname. And he should know that as a professional athlete, this kind of thing comes with the territory.

The only thing that should cause him to literally confront a fan in a suite during a game would be if he was called a n***er, or if he said something truly heinous about a loved one.

Again, it's not about the insult in particular. It's about the fact that at this point he's probably heard it or read it no less than a couple of thousand times. You can only taunt people so long. Further, reading it online is reliving it over and over. The words don't just fade away. It's true you can just turn your device off but that's not how we live our lives today. It's one of the reasons that teen suicides are on the rise.

AirBonner
04-18-2023, 02:28 PM
Westbrook gets a fan kicked everygame lol

Lakers Legend#32
04-18-2023, 02:37 PM
Both should stay off of social media forever.

PeroAntic
04-18-2023, 02:49 PM
I wish I meet Westbrick one day and call him Westbrick in his face. He is such a loser.

Prometheus
04-18-2023, 02:54 PM

So what you're saying is that he's sensitive.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Prometheus?

What the ****?

tpols
04-18-2023, 03:14 PM
He's a woman in a superman body. Over emotional.

If Westbrook was threatening me I'd bait that clown into swinging and cash the check afterwards.

Wardell Curry
04-18-2023, 03:16 PM
So what you're saying is that he's sensitive.

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is it being tantamount to repeated psychological abuse.

Athletes prior to the 2010s were somewhat able to unplug from constant scrutiny. Prior to the 90s, very much so. Today's athletes, if they or anyone in their family wants to have a mobile phone, not so much.

tpols
04-18-2023, 03:18 PM
That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is it being tantamount to repeated psychological abuse.

Athletes prior to the 2010s were somewhat unable to unplug from constant scrutiny. Today's athletes, if they or anyone in their family wants to have a mobile phone, not so much.

Black athletes used to be called n word and spit on and denied service at restaurants. Being called westbrick and losing your shit over it is weak. Guy shot 3-19, dude wasn't even wrong. He's insecure about it because he knows it's true

Prometheus
04-18-2023, 03:21 PM
Black athletes used to be called n word and spit on and denied service at restaurants. Being called westbrick and losing your shit over it is weak. Guy shot 3-19, dude wasn't even wrong. He's insecure about it because he knows it's true

Yep.

highwhey
04-18-2023, 03:23 PM
if i felt like spending a couple grand, i'd get a courtside seat and yell westbrick everytime he shot. but alas, i have a problem with spending 4k on a seat while monty williams is the headcoach.

Charlie Sheen
04-18-2023, 03:30 PM
KD was making bad choices like trolling from fake twitter accounts. The worst that was ever going to happen was public embarrassment

Westbook is making bad choices like physically confronting people. A bad outcome could ruin his life

Wardell Curry
04-18-2023, 03:30 PM

You're right, and that is worse, but the key difference is they weren't called the n word from sunrise to sunset as they had moments of refuge, being athletes post slavery. Westbrook would have to get his entire family off of phones, himself included, to seek refuge.

I think the key part of my argument that is being ignored, glossed over or tossed aside is the fact that the criticism Westbrook receives is ceaseless. It is a guaranteed certainty that you can go on twitter, reddit, whatever, and find someone bashing Westbrook every hour of every day of the year that basketball is being played. And even if a new insult isn't hurled literally every second, again, it is in "written" form and thus the trauma never stops. It is not same thing as a verbal attack which fades away. The print is permanent. It results in repeated exposure. Over and over and over.

There might not exist a single poster here that could cope with it. It's a big reason that mental health issues are up across the league.

imdaman99
04-18-2023, 03:34 PM
Imagine how gullible you'd have to be to think he did that because of a tweet. Suns visiting locker room makes you walk through VIP or something like that. This guy is the same dude that was counting his money when the Suns were up 2-0 on Milwaukee

bison
04-18-2023, 03:38 PM
Most of you would have cracked ages ago if you were subjected to the psychological abuse westbrook has gone through the last several years.

Prometheus
04-18-2023, 03:40 PM
You're right, and that is worse, but the key difference is they weren't called the n word from sunrise to sunset as they had moments of refuge, being athletes post slavery. Westbrook would have to get his entire family off of phones, himself included, to seek refuge.

I think the key part of my argument that is being ignored, glossed over or tossed aside is the fact that the criticism Westbrook receives is ceaseless. It is a guaranteed certainty that you can go on twitter, reddit, whatever, and find someone bashing Westbrook every hour of every day of the year that basketball is being played. And even if a new insult isn't hurled literally every second, again, it is in "written" form and thus the trauma never stops. It is not same thing as a verbal attack which fades away. The print is permanent. It results in repeated exposure. Over and over and over.

There might not exist a single poster here that could cope with it. It's a big reason that mental health issues are up across the league.

:facepalm

The nickname is an open dunk. It fits his name like a glove and it fits his game just as well. In his shoes, I would accept it and find the humor in it. The dude is filthy rich, famous, and an iconic legend in his sport. If he can't handle being made fun of, that's just an indictment of him as a person.

highwhey
04-18-2023, 03:41 PM
Imagine how gullible you'd have to be to think he did that because of a tweet. Suns visiting locker room makes you walk through VIP or something like that. This guy is the same dude that was counting his money when the Suns were up 2-0 on Milwaukee

all he did was call him westbrick. i don't see anything wrong with that. nor do i see anything wrong with flashing money in a game, it's corny for sure, but nothing to cause a witchunt,

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2023, 03:43 PM

These are some of the most absurd arguments I've seen :lol Being called n****er is not even COMPARABLE to being called "Westbrick" repeatedly, you'd frankly have to be an idiot to believe the latter is more damaging.

And why has the idea that Westbrook can simply avoid social media not crossed your mind a single time during this thread? You keep repeating this incessantly when literally all he'd have to do is not check twitter, which is seriously the simplest task you could ask of someone :lol

If insults on social media upset him this much and he continues to look at it, then he's honestly an idiot, end of story.

bison
04-18-2023, 03:44 PM
I wish I meet Westbrick one day and call him Westbrick in his face.

If Westbrook was threatening me I'd bait that clown into swinging and cash the check afterwards.

if i felt like spending a couple grand, i'd get a courtside seat and yell westbrick everytime he shot.

LMAO

None of you are doing SH1T to westbrook :oldlol:

The moment he steps into your field of view, you all would be getting on your knees begging for autographs and pics :roll:

FKAri
04-18-2023, 03:45 PM
Can't book Westbrook for a public event? Just shit talk him on Twitter and he'll be sure to drop by. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 04:12 PM
Can't book Westbrook for a public event? Just shit talk him on Twitter and he'll be sure to drop by. :oldlol:

:roll:

tpols
04-18-2023, 04:27 PM

Before internet social media existed their was immense social media in the form of newspapers. Everybody used to pick up and buy newspapers every single day. And there was always a ton of mudslinging. Westbrook is just soft emotionally. He has everything anybody could ever want in life, yet gets upset over these little petty things that don't matter.

Manny98
04-18-2023, 04:29 PM
Nowhere near as pathetic as the Snake making burner accounts to defend himself on Twitter :oldlol:

tontoz
04-18-2023, 05:34 PM
Russ needs to be careful. If he mouths off to the wrong guy things could go bad quickly.

MrFonzworth
04-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Nowhere near as pathetic as the Snake making burner accounts to defend himself on Twitter :oldlol:

Meanwhile you were making burner accounts to defend KD on ish:yaohappy:

ImKobe
04-18-2023, 05:59 PM
Bran is by far the most insecure player ever.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 06:03 PM
Bran is by far the most insecure player ever.

so why has he never followed a fan to a suite for heckling or tweeting?

LeGoat4Life
04-18-2023, 06:03 PM
That title belongs to LeCuck

ImKobe
04-18-2023, 06:04 PM
so why has he never followed a fan to a suite for heckling or tweeting?

He has lashed out against fans plenty of times. Russ did not follow anyone, there's a shortcut to the locker room that goes through that VIP section that the visiting players have been using since COVID.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2023, 06:33 PM
He has lashed out against fans plenty of times. Russ did not follow anyone, there's a shortcut to the locker room that goes through that VIP section that the visiting players have been using since COVID.

so what? Russ has done that as well.

Why has LeBron never taken a shortcut to any VIP section to personally confront a fan?

kawhileonard2
04-18-2023, 08:38 PM
https://twitter.com/jbrewton91/status/1648067113611845633

Cant imagine the drama with both of them on the same team :lol

especially a few years ago since it seems like they got more insecure with age and were more grounded back then.

Id say Lebron since he switches teams soo much and stacks the deck.

Full Court
04-18-2023, 08:43 PM
This is by far the most insecure player:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fny%2Fapi%2Fres%2F1.2 %2FH8TZM_lHsuIeWIAp4m9K6w--%2FYXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTY0OA--%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fuu%2Fapi%2Fres%2F1.2 %2F1C3YPKnm2WO7aTqBLZc.Lw--~B%2FaD0xNzI3O3c9MjU2MDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fmedia.zenfs.com%2Fen%2Flebron_wir e_usa_today_sports_articles_234%2Ff72e6b3c58d085a6 c86170560f014684&f=1&nofb=1

Also, remember this?

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1622394143912919041

:lol