PDA

View Full Version : Nba tv(through prime video) tells me the Hawks and Celtics game is blacked out.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 08:12 PM
Due to my location.

Thing is…. I’m in ****ing Dallas right now.

Yes I know how to stream it illegally and cast to the TV(air bnb not a hotel). But it’s ridiculous I should have to do that. Do they hate money?

Other games I can watch on the ESPN and tnt apps but I may be ****ed on nba tv games. Luckily I don’t think they have any after round one.

FultzNationRISE
04-18-2023, 08:18 PM
Well, at least they put the least interesting games on NBAtv.

How’s the weather in TX? Im visiting family in the NE right now. Id forgotten 40 degree mid-Aprils are a thing in some places on Earth.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 08:23 PM
It’s been like 65-70 and cloudy and my girlfriend is walking around in a sweater disappointed Texas isn’t hot right now. It’s my ideal weather wind aside but she likes heat heat. She didn’t realize Dallas isn’t as hot as Austin and San Antonio. Probably why I’m going to Albuquerque, Phoenix, then vegas after this. San Diego it turns out is gonna be unusually cool next week too so I’ll likely miss Cali this time. I need to stop in Phoenix to have breakfast a place Highway suggested and complain if it’s a letdown.

FultzNationRISE
04-18-2023, 08:37 PM
It’s been like 65-70 and cloudy and my girlfriend is walking around in a sweater disappointed Texas isn’t hot right now. It’s my ideal weather wind aside but she likes heat heat. She didn’t realize Dallas isn’t as hot as Austin and San Antonio. Probably why I’m going to Albuquerque, Phoenix, then vegas after this. San Diego it turns out is gonna be unusually cool next week too so I’ll likely miss Cali this time. I need to stop in Phoenix to have breakfast a place Highway suggested and complain if it’s a letdown.

Change your New Mexico itinerary from Albuquerque to Santa Fe immediately.

Im not joking.

The most apt way to describe the difference is it’s like trading Robert Swift for Birdman.

If you do both youll see what I mean.

highwhey
04-18-2023, 08:46 PM

:lol

Taco Boys in downtown Phoenix if y’all looking to grub on some authentic tacos. Id say best in the state. Weather is perfect in Phoenix rn too. Not really hot hot but its warm enough to wear shorts. Hike up camelback mountain in the morning, the breakfast spot isnt too far from there too. Hit up Taliesen west if you’re in the Scottsdale area.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 08:51 PM
Change your New Mexico itinerary from Albuquerque to Santa Fe immediately.

Im not joking.

The most apt way to describe the difference is it’s like trading Robert Swift for Birdman.

If you do both youll see what I mean.

I will begrudgingly admit that I’m mostly stopping in Albuquerque because they have Twisters restaurant which has most of the menu from Los Pollos Hermanos.

https://www.mytwisters.com/menu/

Plus it’s just a stop so I don’t have to go all the way from Dallas to Phoenix. Santa Fe is a viable return trip stop though. I have no idea when I return though. Vegas reels you in with 25-30 dollar rooms on the strip. I might be there till the WCF.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 09:00 PM
:lol

Taco Boys in downtown Phoenix if y’all looking to grub on some authentic tacos. Id say best in the state. Weather is perfect in Phoenix rn too. Not really hot hot but its warm enough to wear shorts. Hike up camelback mountain in the morning, the breakfast spot isnt too far from there too. Hit up Taliesen west if you’re in the Scottsdale area.

La grande orange is what I have in my notes your suggested for breakfast.

DMAVS41
04-18-2023, 09:07 PM
Due to my location.

Thing is…. I’m in ****ing Dallas right now.

Yes I know how to stream it illegally and cast to the TV(air bnb not a hotel). But it’s ridiculous I should have to do that. Do they hate money?

Other games I can watch on the ESPN and tnt apps but I may be ****ed on nba tv games. Luckily I don’t think they have any after round one.

Next time you are in Dallas...hit me up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2023, 09:28 PM
Strange and horrible service if true.

Usually games are "blacked out" in the city youre near or directly at. Not on the opposite side of the country.

You sure you're in Dallas and not Boston? :lol

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 09:34 PM
Looking on Twitter a lot of people are blacked out. No idea why. Was the playoff game not a sellout? Not that it should matter 2000 miles away.

Kblaze8855
04-18-2023, 09:38 PM
Next time you are in Dallas...hit me up.

May been soon. I just never know for sure. I’m as likely to go through Cali up to Seattle then through the Midwest as I am to come back through Texas. Totally depends on weather and how much Vegas destroys me.

imdaman99
04-18-2023, 10:02 PM
NBA League pass that blocks local games is why we pirate. F that shit. The only time it's worth it is when you're international.

DMAVS41
04-18-2023, 10:03 PM
May been soon. I just never know for sure. I’m as likely to go through Cali up to Seattle then through the Midwest as I am to come back through Texas. Totally depends on weather and how much Vegas destroys me.

:cheers:

highwhey
04-19-2023, 01:09 AM
La grande orange is what I have in my notes your suggested for breakfast.

Thats the spot. Get the blueberry scone too.

Kblaze8855
04-19-2023, 11:30 AM
Turns out it’s possible they black me out for Hawks games everywhere because my home address is their market(though 120 miles away). I do get local Hawks and Hornets games but…..in the playoffs? AND while not at home? In the digital age?