PDA

View Full Version : Clippers vs Suns showcase that 5 great starters is better than being 10 players deep

BallsOut
04-21-2023, 09:09 AM
Powell just dropped 42 yesterday. This guy could be a starter on many teams. As could Covington and Morris, etc.

The Suns have no bench at all. And the Clippers play 10 players deep minutes. Seems like Clippers should have the better team right?

Yet after 3 games, the Clippers are still ahead with 5 players averaging close or over 40 minutes a game and getting virtually zero production from their bench. I mean they’re somehow surviving with Landry Shamet doing cardio for 10 minutes a game to spell Durant and Booker. Shamet is terrible while any of the Clippers players could drop 20+points a night and it wouldn’t be crazy.

Now you might say well it’s because of injuries, but we know they’re part of the game. Durant, Paul and Booker are just as likely to be injured as Kawhi and George.

Johnny32
04-21-2023, 09:11 AM
topic screams mouth breathing tard.

fsvr54
04-21-2023, 09:12 AM
Clips didn't have their top 2 players. What kind of topic is this?

BallsOut
04-21-2023, 09:32 AM
topic screams mouth breathing tard.

post screams autistic waters alt

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2023, 09:34 AM
How you gonna type all this bullshit out when PG's missed the entire series & Kawhi didn't play last night? They were missing their top 2 players and lost by 5 points last night. If the Clippers were healthy they'd be ahead in the series, debunking your own thread premise.

tontoz
04-21-2023, 09:34 AM
Clips didn't have their top 2 players. What kind of topic is this?

Seriously wtf. How would the Suns be doing without Booker or KD, or both?

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2023, 09:56 AM
or that the Clippers best player is Powell

highwhey
04-21-2023, 10:24 AM
Cp3 and Ayton are banged up but haters dont know that. Cp3 has a busted hand and has been bricking shots he usually makes. Ayton has been limping wince game 2. But lets all mourn the loss of pg and load management kawhi.

highwhey
04-21-2023, 10:25 AM
Seriously wtf. How would the Suns be doing without Booker or KD, or both?

I think thats the point of the thread.clippers depth is not good enough to be a top heavy team. I cant speak for OP, but I doubt hes claiming that a fully healthy clippers squad would lose to the suns. He’s referring to their depth.

BallsOut
04-21-2023, 10:27 AM
Cp3 and Ayton are banged up but haters dont know that. Cp3 has a busted hand and has been bricking shots he usually makes. Ayton has been limping wince game 2. But lets all mourn the loss of pg and load management kawhi.

Ayton is disappointing tbh. I expect more out of him. He should be putting up double doubles EVERY game not just once in awhile

tontoz
04-21-2023, 10:36 AM
I think thats the point of the thread.clippers depth is not good enough to be a top heavy team. I cant speak for OP, but I doubt hes claiming that a fully healthy clippers squad would lose to the suns. He’s referring to their depth.

That makes no sense. Two stars with depth > two stars without depth.

Johnny32
04-21-2023, 10:47 AM

Reading is fun...unless you're an illiterate dumb ****.

WhiteKyrie
04-21-2023, 11:56 AM
Depth is great during the regular season, when you’re playing 82 games.

But in the playoffs?

It’s always been about top end talent. You only need eight guys as long as they’re healthy. Really… Because your best players are going to be playing more minutes per game in the playoffs of meaningful basketball anyway.

highwhey
04-21-2023, 12:06 PM
Reading is fun...unless you're an illiterate dumb ****.

Go choke on a dick bitch

highwhey
04-21-2023, 12:08 PM
That makes no sense. Two stars with depth > two stars without depth.

Hes comparing book and KD are enough to overcome depth alone. Like they could beat the clippers depth. Hell, o think its safe to day they could handle this clips team with PG. kawhi and pg with their depth would be too much for the suns tho.

ImKobe
04-21-2023, 12:10 PM
This is a terrible thread. You need shooting & depth around your best players or you're not winning in today's NBA. Clippers series doesn't prove shit because their top-end talent is also hurt, so yeah depth is not the most important thing (you're not winning a series when your 2 best players are out against a good team in the POs), but you absolutely need some depth over the course of a long Playoff run in most cases in today's league.

They could luck out and play more injured teams and get to the Finals but the Clippers series shouldn't be this close with Kawhi hurt/out & PG not playing but we're in this position because the Clippers have depth. Imagine if KD or Book (or both) were injured in this series.. they wouldn't win a game.

BallsOut
04-21-2023, 12:20 PM
Depth is great during the regular season, when you’re playing 82 games.

But in the playoffs?

It’s always been about top end talent. You only need eight guys as long as they’re healthy. Really… Because your best players are going to be playing more minutes per game in the playoffs of meaningful basketball anyway.

Do you really need 8 guys though? The suns have literally 5.

highwhey
04-21-2023, 12:53 PM
This is a terrible thread. You need shooting & depth around your best players or you're not winning in today's NBA. Clippers series doesn't prove shit because their top-end talent is also hurt, so yeah depth is not the most important thing (you're not winning a series when your 2 best players are out against a good team in the POs), but you absolutely need some depth over the course of a long Playoff run in most cases in today's league.

They could luck out and play more injured teams and get to the Finals but the Clippers series shouldn't be this close with Kawhi hurt/out & PG not playing but we're in this position because the Clippers have depth. Imagine if KD or Book (or both) were injured in this series.. they wouldn't win a game.

they do have some depth, but they're either injured and/or underperforming relative to their norm.

tj warren was putrid, he's not the TJ buckets we know. shamet has been shooting horribly all playoffs long, like 20-30%. both are known bucket getters that are SUPPOSED to be reliable but haven't been. cp3 is worse than last year, the guy shouldn't be in the nba any longer tbh. cam payne, their 2nd string PG who was a big part of the bubble and finals run, has been injured. he's day to day now so maybe he comes back soon. but that's 3 players right there that the suns could desperately use, we don't need them to be exceptional, just their usual production is needed.

we don't need the same amount of depth the clippers have (10 guys deep). we just need some good production from 2-3 other role players and they can make a run. but you're right, if they keep playing the way they are, they will hit a wall against another team. they can't just outscore everyone in the playoffs, they need to make more stops and need their role players to hit shots when those opportunities present themselves. i think we're going to see KD struggle with fatigue pretty soon here. Book is young enough to handle the 42 MPG, but KD is 34 years old.

ImKobe
04-21-2023, 01:00 PM
they do have some depth, but they're either injured and/or underperforming relative to their norm.

tj warren was putrid, he's not the TJ buckets we know. shamet has been shooting horribly all playoffs long, like 20-30%. both are known bucket getters that are SUPPOSED to be reliable but haven't been. cp3 is worse than last year, the guy shouldn't be in the nba any longer tbh. cam payne, their 2nd string PG who was a big part of the bubble and finals run, has been injured. he's day to day now so maybe he comes back soon. but that's 3 players right there that the suns could desperately use, we don't need them to be exceptional, just their usual production is needed.

we don't need the same amount of depth the clippers have (10 guys deep). we just need some good production from 2-3 other role players and they can make a run. but you're right, if they keep playing the way they are, they will hit a wall against another team. they can't just outscore everyone in the playoffs, they need to make more stops and need their role players to hit shots when those opportunities present themselves. i think we're going to see KD struggle with fatigue pretty soon here. Book is young enough to handle the 42 MPG, but KD is 34 years old.

Yeah you don't need the Clippers' depth but it would be nice to have someone other than Book/KD to count on offensively. Payne is a big one though he was terrible in the POs last year, but you really need him to get Paul rest and he's one of the few guys on your team who can create a bit for himself.

highwhey
04-21-2023, 01:25 PM
Yeah you don't need the Clippers' depth but it would be nice to have someone other than Book/KD to count on offensively. Payne is a big one though he was terrible in the POs last year, but you really need him to get Paul rest and he's one of the few guys on your team who can create a bit for himself.

torrey craig at least has been hitting 3s. i want to believe that shamet eventually redeems himself but i have little faith. payne is about the only hope to extend their run at the moment. i get what you're saying though. fatigue and luck will wear out like a new car smell.

tpols
04-21-2023, 01:36 PM
:roll:

Jasper
04-21-2023, 07:49 PM
I am not sure what OP is stating ... but Clippers scored 30 from the bench while the Suns in a pedestrian way score 20. (game 1)

20 10 years ago , would of been typically the average.
Suns have to rely on their starting 5 to carry the whole load , because Durant cost them a heavy price.

hold this L
04-21-2023, 07:54 PM
Atyon's injury is that he's softer that baby shit on the inside.

Axe
04-21-2023, 07:59 PM
The clipps also have westbrook dragging them down everytime he becomes a primary scorer.

highwhey
04-21-2023, 08:11 PM
Atyon's injury is that he's softer that baby shit on the inside.

Report: Dubs believe Domas uses ball as 'weapon' on offense

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/nba-rumors-warriors-believe-domantas-sabonis-uses-ball-weapon-offense