PDA

View Full Version : Steph passes Pippen and Dirk in playoff scoring

Duderonomy
04-21-2023, 11:58 AM
Just 38 points away from catching Magic to move to 15th.

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2023, 12:04 PM
That's crazy he's not even top 15 after 6 Finals runs as a superstar/25-30 ppg scorer. I would've thought he'd be close to top 10 by now.

Kblaze8855
04-21-2023, 12:46 PM
Feels like he should be way past Pippen but I guess the Blazers years added more than I thought.

ImKobe
04-21-2023, 01:12 PM
That's crazy he's not even top 15 after 6 Finals runs as a superstar/25-30 ppg scorer. I would've thought he'd be close to top 10 by now.

He's missed the POs 5x -- first 3 seasons to start his career + in 2020 & 2021.

Was injured at the start of the 2016 run so he only played 18 games then, GS went 16 - 1 in 2017, in '18 he missed the first round series vs. Spurs & only played 15 games total.

Duderonomy
04-21-2023, 01:32 PM
Feels like he should be way past Pippen but I guess the Blazers years added more than I thought.

Pippen played 208 games , Steph played 137

Anyone that tells you Pip was anything better than an 19 pt scorer who played defense is either gaslighting you or is delusionally insane.

WhiteKyrie
04-21-2023, 01:44 PM
Pippen played 208 games , Steph played 137

Anyone that tells you Pip was anything better than an 19 pt scorer who played defense is either gaslighting you or is delusionally insane.

100%. A great defender but yes.

Kblaze8855
04-21-2023, 01:56 PM
Pippen left chicago at 2 year younger than Steph is now. Just figured their games played was closer.

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2023, 02:00 PM
Pippen left chicago at 2 year younger than Steph is now. Just figured their games played was closer.
Age is just looked at much differently now. Even as recently as '08, all those Celtics players were considered past their prime when they were all in their early 30's, ditto when Barkley went to the Rockets. Today, a player could still be playing at near peak capability at that age as we've seen with LeBron, KD, Steph etc.

WhiteKyrie
04-21-2023, 02:16 PM
Age is just looked at much differently now. Even as recently as '08, all those Celtics players were considered past their prime when they were all in their early 30's, ditto when Barkley went to the Rockets. Today, a player could still be playing at near peak capability at that age as we've seen with LeBron, KD, Steph etc.
Yes, because the league isn’t physical anymore. Especially for a player like Stephen Curry not only that, the load management, taking off practices, lack of a lotta back to backs like back in the day. It’s a much softer era conducive to playing and lasting longer.

hold this L
04-21-2023, 02:20 PM

Steph wasn't really an all star level player until 2013-2014 when he was 24 years old. He took a very long time to become a relevant dominant player unlike most top level players, so this isn't surprising.

If the Warriors somehow make the finals this year, he likely finishes around 11th.

RRR3
04-21-2023, 03:00 PM
Steph wasn't really an all star level player until 2013-2014 when he was 24 years old. He took a very long time to become a relevant dominant player unlike most top level players, so this isn't surprising.

If the Warriors somehow make the finals this year, he likely finishes around 11th.
How was Steph not an all star level player in 2012-13? He put up 22.9/6.9 on +5.4 rTS%. He should have made the ASG they just stupidly gave it to David Lee for god knows why.

WhiteKyrie
04-21-2023, 03:47 PM
More sneak dissing of Stephen Curry from the insecurity of the LeBron fan base, running rampant in this thread

ArbitraryWater
04-21-2023, 05:57 PM
Yes, because the league isn’t physical anymore. Especially for a player like Stephen Curry not only that, the load management, taking off practices, lack of a lotta back to backs like back in the day. It’s a much softer era conducive to playing and lasting longer.

Dumbass, its the same for every sport. Team and individual. Doesnt have anything to do with lack of physicality. Its just the modern norm.

Axe
04-21-2023, 06:11 PM
A bit surprising about passing dirk but i guess it's possible if you've been to multiple finals with stacked teams throughout your career.

Ugh... :(

Nb1
04-21-2023, 06:53 PM
Just 38 points away from catching Magic to move to 15th.

Damn, how sad is that. Lebron has twice as much points as him :eek:

I thought he'd already be like 5th or something with the amount of playoff games the Warriors played and the team he has. Dude really is the ultimate choker when it matters.

hold this L
04-21-2023, 06:58 PM
How was Steph not an all star level player in 2012-13? He put up 22.9/6.9 on +5.4 rTS%. He should have made the ASG they just stupidly gave it to David Lee for god knows why.

I shouldn't have said all star, but one of the top players in the league. He was on his way there. Totally agree on Lee :facepalm

Duderonomy
04-21-2023, 07:45 PM
Damn, how sad is that. Lebron has twice as much points as him :eek:

I thought he'd already be like 5th or something with the amount of playoff games the Warriors played and the team he has. Dude really is the ultimate choker when it matters.

Most top 10 players don't jump ship to the most promising team every 4 years. If they did the records would look different.

Axe
04-21-2023, 07:53 PM
Most top 10 players don't jump ship to the most promising team every 4 years. If they did the records would look different.
Lol why would he 'jump ship' if his team has established a winning foundation that allowed them to become perennial title contenders throughout the years? That's why it's also reasonable if he ends up not staying elsewhere once he finally wraps up his career.

Duderonomy
04-21-2023, 09:57 PM
Lol why would he 'jump ship' if his team has established a winning foundation that allowed them to become perennial title contenders throughout the years? That's why it's also reasonable if he ends up not staying elsewhere once he finally wraps up his career.
It's not realistic to expect a franchise to be contenders for 20 years . If you hand pick your team when things go south that is a huge advantage. Duncan and Curry stayed with one team through good and bad.

Axe
04-21-2023, 10:28 PM
It's not realistic to expect a franchise to be contenders for 20 years . If you hand pick your team when things go south that is a huge advantage. Duncan and Curry stayed with one team through good and bad.
Except duncan never had a losing season with the spurs. Curry, otoh, have established teammates that flawlessly cater to his playstyle. Many of them even help set moving screens for him to maximize his effectivity on the floor. That's why the warriors remain cohesive and a force to be reckoned with. And there's no assurance he'd thrive in another team the way he is rn with the dubs either.

kawhileonard2
04-21-2023, 10:41 PM
Not difficult in this day and age.

hold this L
04-22-2023, 12:28 AM
Except duncan never had a losing season with the spurs. Curry, otoh, have established teammates that flawlessly cater to his playstyle. Many of them even help set moving screens for him to maximize his effectivity on the floor. That's why the warriors remain cohesive and a force to be reckoned with. And there's no assurance he'd thrive in another team the way he is rn with the dubs either.

The Warriors were literally the worst team in the NBA in the 2020 season, you absolute dumbass.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2023, 12:48 AM
Not difficult in this day and age.
Tell that to Kawhi.

Axe
04-22-2023, 01:04 AM
The Warriors were literally the worst team in the NBA in the 2020 season, you absolute dumbass.
Meltdown. I never said they didn't have. :confusedshrug:

Hopefully, they lose in the remaining games against the kings. You emotional bitch pfft.

999Guy
04-22-2023, 08:52 AM

Curry’s actual career substance is really ****ing low compared to hood hype.

Especially considering to a majority of fans he surpassed Wade, Paul, Nash etc by like 2018 or some absurd shit.

Full Court
04-22-2023, 09:07 AM
Meltdown. I never said they didn't have. :confusedshrug:

Hopefully, they lose in the remaining games against the kings. You emotional bitch pfft.

Man, this merman just can't stop having bitch fits. :roll:

Just like LeShrivel. No wonder that's his hero.

Axe
04-22-2023, 09:09 AM
^^^Braindead jizzrag keeps talking about bitch fits but can't stop melting down about people who give him problems in this forum. Even goes far to stalk them in different threads. What a pathetic sore loser. :lol

Full Court
04-22-2023, 12:34 PM
^^^Braindead jizzrag keeps talking about bitch fits but can't stop melting down about people who give him problems in this forum. Even goes far to stalk them in different threads. What a pathetic sore loser. :lol

Lebron just can't stop losing.

And the dingus just can't stop having bitch fits.

:roll:

warriorfan
04-22-2023, 03:17 PM
Curry’s actual career substance is really ****ing low compared to hood hype.

Especially considering to a majority of fans he surpassed Wade, Paul, Nash etc by like 2018 or some absurd shit.

please take your medication

Axe
04-22-2023, 04:51 PM
please take your medication
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ09J2lFPlXNzGe27eZ_CRUkvT-DJiLmV6BrQ&usqp=CAU (https://i.ibb.co/tH5jfVg/IMG-20220906-091426.jpg)

Nb1
04-22-2023, 05:25 PM

Most promising team? The Lakers had the worst record of the league in the span of 5 yrs before Lebron joined (12th worst record in nba history) and Cavs, Miami were pure dogsh** when he joined them too lol. The easy part is staying on the same team with all stars and keep acquiring guys like Durant to win when your 9th option is already better than anyone else’s 2nd.

Ask Durant and Kyrie how easy it is to build your new team :roll:

Bron is a god for turning chicken sh** into chicken salad hoping to the worst teams and giving them all chips for free.