PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about how not effective load managing can be?

AirBonner
04-22-2023, 10:28 AM
Shame what Kawhi is doing to the clippers. SMH

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2023, 10:34 AM
If they didn't manage his games played he wouldn't be available at all right now. He's just a part time player. The Clippers gave him the extension after he did this with San Antonio and Toronto so they knew what they were getting into and they're down for it. They basically have to win every time he plays.

AirBonner
04-22-2023, 10:39 AM
If they didn't manage his games played he wouldn't be available at all right now. He's just a part time player. The Clippers gave him the extension after he did this with San Antonio and Toronto so they knew what they were getting into and they're down for it. They basically have to win every time he plays.
Why load manage if he’s not available to play either way?

Kblaze8855
04-22-2023, 10:57 AM
He’s either gone down in the playoffs or not played at all for 3 years running now. George had missed much of 3 out of 4 seasons and is out these playoffs.

The rest…scheduled nights off…load management…screwing over the fans. It obviously isn’t producing stronger players come playoff time.

I want to know what makes them so certain this path is correct in the face of all these injuries. We just going with feelings now? I admit it feeeeeeels like resting makes you less likely to be hurt. But the outcome league wide doesn’t suggest it’s true.

Maybe load manage by limiting stars minutes? First 6, 6, and 4 minutes of 3 quarters and the last 8 of the 4h if it’s close? 28 minutes a game. But prepare to play every game.

Worth a shot at this point. Having them nursing small injuries for 30 games a year and missing back to backs damn sure doesn’t look effective. What is telling teams it is?

What technology is showing them healthier players?

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2023, 11:00 AM
They got two games out of him and hope to get some more. It should be obvious that this is not an ideal scenario. I certainly can't guarantee his return but if you play him through his issues from the start of the season you get him for 20 games and he's done. Or at least that's how it seems. Done this way you get him sporadically through the playoffs. Clearly not viable for any team that needs consistent production from their stars but the gamble is that he gives you 16 playoffs appearances and you win all of them.

Don't take this reply to mean I would want him at max under these circumstances. I wouldn't want the Celtics putting him in Tatum or Brown's place. This is just how I believe the Clippers are approaching things.

tpols
04-22-2023, 11:01 AM
He’s either gone down in the playoffs or not played at all for 3 years running now. George had missed much of 3 out of 4 seasons and is out these playoffs.

The rest…scheduled nights off…load management…screwing over the fans. It obviously isn’t producing stronger players come playoff time.

I want to know what makes them so certain this path is correct in the face of all these injuries. We just going with feelings now? I admit it feeeeeeels like resting makes you less likely to be hurt. But the outcome league wide doesn’t suggest it’s true.

Maybe load manage by limiting stars minutes? First 6, 6, and 4 minutes of 3 quarters and the last 8 of the 4h if it’s close? 28 minutes a game. But prepare to play every game.

Worth a shot at this point. Having them nursing small injuries for 30 games a year and missing back to backs damn sure doesn’t look effective. What is telling teams it is?

What technology is showing them healthier players?

It's strictly about money. If kawhi blows his knee out he will have to retire and miss out on possibly 100s of millions of dollars. By always resting he ensures huge revenue on pure speculation.

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2023, 11:13 AM
It's strictly about money. If kawhi blows his knee out he will have to retire and miss out on possibly 100s of millions of dollars. By always resting he ensures huge revenue on pure speculation.

If he blew his knee out that money is guaranteed. He gets paid regardless. The part that you are overlooking is that if he blows his knee out...he blew his knee out. He is in pain, has a hard time walking, has to do rehab for like the 6th time, etc. He is amidst definitely looming out for his own health. The money part has already been covered.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2023, 11:20 AM
I assume he means the next deal. Is he gonna get another one from some desperate team?

The Knicks would pay a mid 30s Leonard wouldn’t they? He will be a 33 year old free agent. How much does have have to show next year for teams to want in on a trade and extension?

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2023, 11:24 AM
I assume he means the next deal. Is he gonna get another one from some desperate team?

The Knicks would pay a mid 30s Leonard wouldn’t they? He will be a 33 year old free agent. How much does have have to show next year for teams to want in on a trade and extension?
You know I hadn't considered that...mainly because I would regard any team that gave him the max as ****ing insane.

Norcaliblunt
04-22-2023, 11:56 AM
https://youtu.be/iSBfXVUvtpQ

Jasper
04-22-2023, 11:57 AM

or could of put your post in this thread 45 minutes before you started a thread ?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?511284-an-uncommon-amount-of-injuries-during-and-leading-up-to-playoffs

Kblaze8855
04-22-2023, 12:27 PM
You know I hadn't considered that...mainly because I would regard any team that gave him the max as ****ing insane.

I feel like if he is even halfway healthy at a glance someone will give him 3 years 100 million especially considering the new rights deal and cap will have kicked in by then. He’s probably gonna make another 150 million off basketball even as he is.

In 2 years Dallas will have to worry about Luka walking if he hasn’t demanded out. A 3 year Leonard deal might be just the thing to fool him into a brief extension.

Full Court
04-22-2023, 12:33 PM

I don't know...the more Lebron load manages, the better the Lakers do. If he hadn't load managed for over a month, they wouldn't have made the play in.

Real Men Wear Green
04-22-2023, 01:29 PM
I feel like if he is even halfway healthy at a glance someone will give him 3 years 100 million especially considering the new rights deal and cap will have kicked in by then. He’s probably gonna make another 150 million off basketball even as he is.

In 2 years Dallas will have to worry about Luka walking if he hasn’t demanded out. A 3 year Leonard deal might be just the thing to fool him into a brief extension.

But after a certain point the league does get over a guy. I mean Grant Hill, Penny, Rose and others eventually stopped getting top dollar. If Doncic is thinking about leaving a a free agent to improve his chances to win why would Dallas signing a guy that's pushing 34 and averaging 40 games a season make him think Dallas is the way to go?

Kblaze8855
04-22-2023, 03:38 PM
The league doesn’t get over those guys while they’re looking elite when they do play though. Long as he’s playing well when he plays there will be someone thinking they can manage it. Look at KD. He’s older now than Leonard will be when he’s free and he hasn’t been healthy in 4 years. Teams still wanted him. Just gotta still have it when you do play. He’s still got it. Now and then.

DMAVS41
04-22-2023, 03:42 PM

I'd be shocked if Cuban wasn't willing to do something way bigger than 3 year 100 million for Leonard. He'd talk himself into it even if Luka wanted out.

imdaman99
04-22-2023, 06:13 PM
The NBA knows this and they still knowingly scheduled the Clippers/Suns to play every other day/night. I think they are the only teams to not get any prolonged days off. The Suns stars are playing 40+ every game. That's how the cookie crumbles.

Norcaliblunt
04-23-2023, 04:31 PM
I think this op is a good example why “experts” don’t know shit.

red1
04-23-2023, 04:59 PM
load managing is for hoes

red1
04-23-2023, 05:00 PM
it makes sense for old players hence pop starting it with his spurs

young players resting doesnt make sense and its proven now