PDA

View Full Version : Booker just had a better playoff series than any of Kobes.

Carbine
04-26-2023, 06:17 AM
Don't shoot the messenger.

37ppg on 70 ts% along with 6 apg.

Axe
04-26-2023, 06:39 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=286918&dateline=1530622220

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=91984&dateline=1478122827

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 07:47 AM
If you ignore any context like era rules/pace/defense its also better than most if not all of MJ's (and everyone else in league history). :confusedshrug:

Manny98
04-26-2023, 08:12 AM
:facepalm

Carbine
04-26-2023, 08:48 AM
If you ignore any context like era rules/pace/defense its also better than most if not all of MJ's (and everyone else in league history). :confusedshrug:

No, Jordan had 4-5 better

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 09:05 AM
No, Jordan had 4-5 better

Ok but Jordan played 37 series. If you're saying he had 4-5 better( and I don't know which ones you're referring to), that means 32-33 were worse than Bookers based on the numbers you provided and ignoring any context, so my intial point still stands.

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2023, 09:30 AM
OP's the same guy who claims Mitchell is equally as good as Wade :lol

So he's either completely clueless about the sport, or is literally incapable of applying logic, like how Booker, and no knock on him, he was amazing, had the benefit of KD drawing the attention of the defense, in an era known for offense, against a team missing it's two best players most of the series.

With context, off the top of my head Kobe's '01, 09 & '10 WCF and '01 Kings series were better.

ShawkFactory
04-26-2023, 10:01 AM
OP's the same guy who claims Mitchell is equally as good as Wade :lol

So he's either completely clueless about the sport, or is literally incapable of applying logic, like how Booker, and no knock on him, he was amazing, had the benefit of KD drawing the attention of the defense, in an era known for offense, against a team missing it's two best players most of the series.

With context, off the top of my head Kobe's '01, 09 & '10 WCF and '01 Kings series were better.

08 Spurs series too.

tpols
04-26-2023, 10:07 AM

I got you axe.

Booker is an all time great scorer but that's literally all he can do. His passing is weak, and defense totally nonexistent.

The clippers with all their stars out injured put up 130 points on the sun's and booker. Booker made Norman Powell look like kobe in this series.

Kobes teams didn't give up points like that and he definitely wasnt hunted on mismatches all game long like Booker is. So you have to subtract all the points he gave up from his own offensive averages.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 10:15 AM
He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

Booker is as good as Kobe.

Kobe fans will hate this fact but every stat (and even the eye test) backs this up.

I saw it, I called it.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 10:17 AM

:oldlol:

warriorfan
04-26-2023, 10:20 AM

:roll:

I hope op is doing a shitty troll right now

if not, wow.

ImKobe
04-26-2023, 10:51 AM
Kobe put up 34/7/8 on the Suns in the 2010 WCF.

He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

Kobe fans will hate this fact but every stat (and even the eye test) backs this up.

I saw it, I called it.

Booker is almost as good as Kobe if you exclude the passing, rebounding & defense.

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 10:57 AM

Booker is almost as good as Kobe if you exclude the passing, rebounding & defense.

And overall scoring arsenal

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 10:58 AM

literally no difference in those areas.

In fact, Book averages more apg while never having Shaq or Gasol to just dump it to and get fake staples center assists.

Manny98
04-26-2023, 10:58 AM
He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

I saw it, I called it.

LeBron stans :oldlol:

highwhey
04-26-2023, 11:00 AM
And overall scoring arsenal

better scorer already...

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 11:01 AM
Kobe: 25/5/5 on 45% FG, 48% eFG, 55% TS
Book: 24/4/5 on 46% FG, 52% eFG, 58% TS

Kobe was better everywhere dude

highwhey
04-26-2023, 11:01 AM

booker is a better scorer and passer than ANY version of kobe.

Manny98
04-26-2023, 11:04 AM
Kobe: 25/5/5 on 45% FG, 48% eFG, 55% TS
Book: 24/4/5 on 46% FG, 52% eFG, 58% TS

Kobe was better everywhere dude

Comparing stats from two different eras is dumb enough as it is

But ignoring defense intangibles, you know the stuff that wins you championships, Kobe blows Booker out the water in those areas

LeGoat4Life
04-26-2023, 11:05 AM
Booker definitely had a better playoff series than any of Lebrons

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2023, 11:07 AM
He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

I saw it, I called it.
The one thing I don't get about this take is, I'm assuming you believe Kobe was a top 3-5 player for the majority of the 2000's, and I think I've seen you claim he was the best player in the league in '08. So by that logic, how could Booker possibly be as good as Kobe? Do you have him as a top 3-5 player currently? Do you think he'd be in the conversation with LeBron/Wade/Dirk if he played in that era?

bison
04-26-2023, 11:08 AM
Posting a single stat and then using it to make a definitive and wild claim about Booker having a better playoff series than any in Kobe’s is the definition of low IQ bball discourse. This par the course for lebron Stans tho.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2023, 11:12 AM
He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

I saw it, I called it.

Kill yourself

tpols
04-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Kill yourself

We don't gotta go that far.

Arby has just been traumatized by Kobe and lashes out in this way as a lebron stan.

Ironically enough Devin booker owned lebron in the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/ZklUq4brRTU

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2023, 11:18 AM
We don't gotta go that far.

Arby has just been traumatized by Kobe and lashes out in this way as a lebron stan.

Ironically enough Devin booker owned lebron in the playoffs when AD went down.

https://youtu.be/ZklUq4brRTU

I'm not actually serious, but ya, you don't know basketball with a dumb take like that.

Kobe's advanced stats, impact and defense make this a laughable convo.

ImKobe
04-26-2023, 11:25 AM
literally no difference in those areas.

In fact, Book averages more apg while never having Shaq or Gasol to just dump it to and get fake staples center assists.

The numbers aren't even close when looking at their primes lol.. Keep trolling for attention though bc no one's gonna take you seriously on this.

highwhey
04-26-2023, 11:32 AM
I'm not actually serious, but ya, you don't know basketball with a dumb take like that.

AdVAncED StaTS

Booker is playing better offensively and defensively than Kobe while playing backup point guard when CP3 sits down. his opponents are shooting 23.8% when Book is guarding them. he leads the league in points and true shooting percentage.

ImKobe
04-26-2023, 11:36 AM
AdVAncED StaTS

Booker is playing better offensively and defensively than Kobe while playing backup point guard when CP3 sits down. his opponents are shooting 23.8% when Book is guarding them. he leads the league in points and true shooting percentage.

Damn so you have a better player than prime Kobe AND you got Durant and CP3 & Ayton? There's no way you're not winning it all then, right?

iamgine
04-26-2023, 11:41 AM
He's playing great but lets remember this is only the first round against Russell Westbrook led team. :lol

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 11:44 AM
Kill yourself

what the **** is wrong with you?

Turning into lebron23 infront of our eyes

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 11:46 AM
The one thing I don't get about this take is, I'm assuming you believe Kobe was a top 3-5 player for the majority of the 2000's, and I think I've seen you claim he was the best player in the league in '08. So by that logic, how could Booker possibly be as good as Kobe? Do you have him as a top 3-5 player currently? Do you think he'd be in the conversation with LeBron/Wade/Dirk if he played in that era?

I have Booker as top 10-15 right now, mainly because the league has more top level talent than the 2000s did where it got pretty slim after the top 5. The drop off was bigger.

I think Book in those days would be of similiar caliber yea, and at his peak he could be close to what 2008 Kobe was.

warriorfan
04-26-2023, 11:47 AM
stick to soccer and tennis :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2023, 11:48 AM
what the **** is wrong with you?

Turning into lebron23 infront of our eyes

We need to join a discord and chop it up. :lol Sarcasm flying over yall head... I wasn't serious so please don't do anything stupid...

That Phoenix homer knocked advanced stats and impact, but cited raw numbers....against a team without their 2 best players. Lol you cant make this shit up

Proctor
04-26-2023, 11:50 AM
OP should stick to ping pong

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 11:51 AM
We need to join a discord and chop it up. :lol Sarcasm flying over yall head... I wasn't serious so please don't do anything stupid...

That Phoenix homer knocked advanced stats and impact, but cited raw numbers....against a team without their 2 best players. Lol you cant make this shit up

Again, stick to basketball. Whenever you try to socialize on a normal level or try your hand at banter or whatever, you just come across as forcing it or having no idea what youre going for.

"Kill yoursef"
"Haha, good one bud. Appreciate the bantz"

Its pretty autistic.

warriorfan
04-26-2023, 11:55 AM
Again, stick to basketball. Whenever you try to socialize on a normal level or try your hand at banter or whatever, you just come across as forcing it or having no idea what youre going for.

"Kill yoursef"
"Haha, good one bud. Appreciate the bantz"

Its pretty autistic.

bro, not being able to pick up on sarcasm and other social cues is a tell tale sign of autism

if you thought he was literally telling you to commit suicide over your insanely low iq takes….then you are probably the autistic one here

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 11:56 AM
bro, not being able to pick up on sarcasm and other social cues is a tell tale sign of autism

if you thought he was literally telling you to commit suicide over your insanely low iq takes….then you are probably the autistic one here

dont make me post your living room buddy, dont ****ing make me do it

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2023, 12:04 PM

Lol right...

Arbitrar probably upset from the other thread. Seems like someone who takes himself a little too seriously....ironically nobody takes him serious at all :lol

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 12:08 PM
Lol right...

Arbitrar probably upset from the other thread. Seems like someone who takes himself a little too seriously....ironically nobody takes him serious at all :lol

are you mad now cause i did you dirty there?

you hoe :lol

dazzer87
04-26-2023, 12:11 PM
AdVAncED StaTS

Another retard….

warriorfan
04-26-2023, 12:16 PM
Lol right...

AspergerWater all riled up today :lol

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 12:23 PM
better scorer already...

No.

RRR3
04-26-2023, 12:32 PM
Takes like these are going to keep happening if Silver refuses to let defenses have any advantages.

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 12:35 PM

What? I think you interpreted my post as something other than, what I thought clearly implied, the only way one can conclude this last series by Booker as better than any of Kobe's is if you took his numbers in a vacuum...and that could be advanced or otherwise...and completely ignored the context of this era being easier than ever to post huge scoring/efficiency numbers. And I didn't even mention competition but yes, its not like the Clippers without Kawhi/Pg13 count as all-world competition. In other words Kobe has several series better than Booker when you account for era and competition, in other words CONTEXT.

dazzer87
04-26-2023, 12:37 PM

Lmao…Exactly…..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-26-2023, 12:41 PM
What? I think you interpreted my post as something other than, what I thought clearly implied, the only way one can conclude this last series by Booker as better than any of Kobe's is if you took his numbers in a vacuum...and that could be advanced or otherwise...and completely ignored the context of this era being easier than ever to post huge scoring/efficiency numbers. And I didn't even mention competition but yes, its not like the Clippers without Kawhi/Pg13 count as all-world competition. In other words Kobe has several series better than Booker when you account for era and competition, in other words CONTEXT.

Wasnt talking to you dude. :lol I meant the Phoenix Suns fan who mocked advanced stats...then posted misc numbers from Booker lol

Agree with your analysis actually

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2023, 12:41 PM
Bro, he meant highwhey, not you :lol Confusing I know.

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 12:42 PM
Wasnt talking to you dude. :lol I meant the Phoenix Suns fan who mocked advanced stats...then posted misc numbers from Booker lol

Oh :oldlol: my bad. As you were :cheers:

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Bro, he meant highwhey, not you :lol Confusing I know.

I want to change my name, I'm not even a Suns fan :oldlol:

highwhey
04-26-2023, 01:02 PM

he CItEd RaW nMBrS but TheYrE MisSinG thEir 2 bEsT PlaYERS

Listen to yourself, you fuccin idiot

highwhey
04-26-2023, 01:04 PM
tHe QuAdRatiC forMuLA sAYS Booker IsNt A GOod PlAYER

highwhey
04-26-2023, 01:06 PM
ThE PythaGorEAN tHeOReM doEsN'T fAvOR Booker

warriorfan
04-26-2023, 02:57 PM
“bOdY MaSs InDex oVer 30 MeANs iM ObESE?”
-highwhey

Axe
04-26-2023, 03:06 PM

Charlie Sheen
04-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Damn so you have a better player than prime Kobe AND you got Durant and CP3 & Ayton? There's no way you're not winning it all then, right?

:lol

Axe
04-26-2023, 03:13 PM
I got you axe.

Booker is an all time great scorer but that's literally all he can do. His passing is weak, and defense totally nonexistent.

The clippers with all their stars out injured put up 130 points on the sun's and booker. Booker made Norman Powell look like kobe in this series.

Kobes teams didn't give up points like that and he definitely wasnt hunted on mismatches all game long like Booker is. So you have to subtract all the points he gave up from his own offensive averages.
Sure. But in terms of scoring, we saw booker have b2b 40-point scoring games in the finals. Something that didn't happen during kobe's lifetime but i do agree that he was a lot better on the other end. M2m defense in particular.

Carbine
04-26-2023, 06:07 PM
If you want context, how about another guard having a better series than any of Kobes as well?

Jimmy Butler, right now is 36.5 on 71 TS% against the best perimeter defensive team in the league and also have one of the best rim protectors and in the games Giannis has played, two of the best.

FKAri
04-26-2023, 06:10 PM
OP just had a worse thread than any of WalkonWater's

highwhey
04-26-2023, 06:12 PM
If you want context, how about another guard having a better series than any of Kobes as well?

Jimmy Butler, right now is 36.5 on 71 TS% against the best perimeter defensive team in the league and also have one of the best rim protectors and in the games Giannis has played, two of the best.

but giannis has been out for most of the series. that's context.

highwhey
04-26-2023, 06:13 PM
OP just had a worse thread than any of WalkonWater's

you're up there with them in terms of awful trolling.

SaltyMeatballs
04-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Booker is really THAT GUY in the playoffs. I don't wanna hear any disrespect on his name

Full Court
04-26-2023, 06:42 PM
I'm no fan of Kobe, but Kobe had waaayyyyyyy better defense than Booker does.

highwhey
04-26-2023, 06:46 PM
Booker is really THAT GUY in the playoffs. I don't wanna hear any disrespect on his name

we're chinchecking peeps that are disrespecting him. i already laid out 2 lakers fans this morning.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 07:07 PM
Kobe didn‘t even try on defense. Lol at Book being a worse defender.

Norcaliblunt
04-26-2023, 07:30 PM
Kobe is all hype. As a Phoenix fan I was more scared of Kahwi. Lol.

Full Court
04-26-2023, 07:30 PM

What???

Dude, I hope you're not serious. How long have you been watching basketball?

Norcaliblunt
04-26-2023, 07:34 PM
Kobe scared no one without the best front line in basketball. Facts.

He is all hype.

ImKobe
04-26-2023, 07:48 PM

Damn, how does a player who's tied for most All-Defensive 1st teams in NBA history not even try on defense?

Norcaliblunt
04-26-2023, 07:50 PM
Damn, how does a player who's tied for most All-Defensive 1st teams in NBA history not even try on defense?

Means he’s an overrated self hyped which is cringe as **** and media hyped rapist.

Dbrog
04-26-2023, 07:57 PM
Means he’s an overrated self hyped which is cringe as **** and media hyped rapist.

Only possible explanation :lol

Phoenix
04-26-2023, 08:11 PM

Which would also be better than the vast majority of MJ's playoff performances, let alone Kobe's. This is the era we're in, and the numbers are the numbers. What conclusions have you reached?

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2023, 08:42 PM

its a widey known fact that Kobes all defensive team awards are the biggest joke of an award in all of sports

kawhileonard2
04-26-2023, 10:10 PM
He sure did.

Ive said it since 2021.

I saw it, I called it.

Booker is better than Lebron. He broke Lebron

Full Court
04-26-2023, 10:16 PM
Booker is better than Lebron. He broke Lebron

Lebron has problems with players who have the initials D.B.

Broken by Devin Booker.

Then sonned by Dillon Brooks.

East River Livn'
04-27-2023, 04:13 AM
This thread screams bumpworthy

Prime
Booker
Durant
Ayton
And a still very good cp3

Book better win it all this after getting ass raped by Luka last year

Prometheus
04-27-2023, 04:29 AM
Arby I am sorry to see you have become an all-out troll during my hiatus.

It really does make me sad, because you're better than that.

Oh well. Another weak soul claimed by the internet.

Nb1
04-27-2023, 12:04 PM
Lebron has problems with players who have the initials D.B.

Broken by Devin Booker.

Then sonned by Dillon Brooks.

If by sonned you mean Brooks who went 3-11 and 3-14 or sth and making him sh** so hard in his pants that he left the DPOY to guard Lebron on the last play in RT who still hit the clutch shot with 2 players on him to force the OT and hit another clutch shot in OT to win the game in Brooks face having a 20-20 performance, sure he got sonned :roll:

Brook was like, you guys guard him, i cannot deal with this monster anymore. Lebron made him so shook Brooks even hid from the media after :oldlol:

FKAri
04-27-2023, 12:37 PM

He's not a troll. Just a LeBron stan.

Prometheus
04-27-2023, 04:35 PM

One doesn't need to think something as retarded as "Booker > Kobe" to be a bran stan. If he actually thinks that, then the standom has him confused - trolling himself.

ArbitraryWater
04-27-2023, 04:41 PM
One doesn't need to think something as retarded as "Booker > Kobe" to be a bran stan. If he actually thinks that, then the standom has him confused - trolling himself.

I dont think hes better, I just see them as virtually equal.

And so do the stats.

They favor Book slighty.

Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with my Bron "stanning", considering Kobe has nothing to do with Bron. I much prefer Kobe as a person.

warriorfan
04-27-2023, 04:55 PM

He just doesn’t know a lot about basketball.

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2023, 08:34 AM

LeBron stans :oldlol:

Comparing stats from two different eras is dumb enough as it is

But ignoring defense intangibles, you know the stuff that wins you championships, Kobe blows Booker out the water in those areas

Kill yourself

The numbers aren't even close when looking at their primes lol.. Keep trolling for attention though bc no one's gonna take you seriously on this.

What???

Dude, I hope you're not serious. How long have you been watching basketball?

He just doesn’t know a lot about basketball.

I want all of you to know I am a superior basketball mind and mind alone than you.

I see things quicker than anyone and have the courage to say them out loud even though it will ruffle feathers because people question their world views and how fast things can change to them.

Devin Booker is every bit as good as Kobe Bryant, if not better.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Where y'all at

tontoz
05-08-2023, 05:38 PM
:oldlol:

It is amusing that Booker is actually playing better after OP made this thread. He is actually leading the playoffs in scoring and TS which is really absurd.

BarberSchool
05-09-2023, 12:04 AM
Booker’s shooting and scoring right now is absolutely incredible, efficient, and legit.

No excess foul baiting, no bullsh!t, just pure shooting and pure scoring.

But we don’t have to compare him to the dead to try to hype him up.
Let Book be good on his own.

highwhey
05-09-2023, 11:18 AM
BoOkER IsnT gOOd On DeFenSe!!

yet his defensive goal% is the same as Anthony Davis :oldlol:
https://i.postimg.cc/GmTGgB5V/83dmrtmnjuya1.jpg

GimmeThat
05-09-2023, 11:23 AM
pretty sure Booker not having to go to trial and making settlements would be considered a win in Kobe's book